Fathead

What does Veeky Forums think of Fathead?

For those who don't know: He basically set out to test the premise of "Supersize Me", came to a very different conclusion, then talked to a bunch of nutritionists.

Full movie: youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs&t=3909s

Other urls found in this thread:

hooktube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs&t=3909s
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18561209
academic.oup.com/jcem/article/85/5/1963/2660569
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Who cares?
This information does nothing
People watch it and say 'oh'
Fucking do-nothing faggots I hate this fucking planet no one wants to have fun or do anything anymore
The whole world has fatbrain, all their blood is too busy digesting food to do anything else it's fucking Thanksgiving 365
>Muh documentary
If it took someone dropping 200k on a shitty movie for you to realize what is inarguably common sense there is no hope for you

>research is bad because I'm an edgy faggot

His results aren't common sense at all.

>common sense
is that bad food is bad for you.

>came to a very different conclusion
which was?

That fats aren't that bad for you, while simple sugars are, and that micronutrients, CICO and phyaical activities improve health, while "cutting fat" as the food pyramid suggests, does not

hooktube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs&t=3909s
Don't pay jews.

Also that it's nearly impossible to eat "5,000 calories per day" when eating McDonald's 3 times a day.

Cool, I didn't even know that's a thing.

>Goes to McD's, orders a chicken sandwich and plain iced tea
>"Would you like to add fries to that?"
>"No thank you."
>Looks at camera
>"See how hard that was?"

I love this movie.

It opened my eyes a bit as a former fatfuck and it helped me make sense of some nutritional basics I didn't really get as well.

I think it's decent but it's also a little painful to sit through at some parts (Like in a secondhand embarrassment kind of way)

You mean cringy parts?
What parts are like that?

Watching this right now, and fuck I'm loving it.
"Nobody is forcing you to eat fast food".
Literally the first 20 minutes he destroys SuperSize Me and the fat fucks who feel like victims.

It's actually terrible and if you wanna know why Google VG "meathead" if you hate him or love him he did a really good job debunking this shit movie

>VG
>debunking anything

Didn't that fag have an autistic tantrum over the word soy boy?

Fuck his cherry picked """"debunking"""" its more biased horse shit with an agenda. Eating less calories makes you lose weight, regardless of source.

Also his name is banned for a reason, reported for promoting a banned attention fag.

>5000kcal a day
Easy

Breakfast
3x McToast 650kcal
2x McCroissant 500kcal
1x Chocolate Shake 250kcal

Lunch
2x Big Tasty 1750kcal
Big Pommes Frites 430kcal
Coke 200kcal

Dinner
1x Big Mac 500kcal
20 Chicken Nuggets 900kcal
Coke 200kcal

Makes 5380kcal not even BLOATMAXXXXING

Who the fuck eats 2 big tastys in one sitting?
You have to go out of your way to Pack down 5,000 calories.

Is more complicated than that. The brain function in very different ways. He was making a point in a movie, so he has preasearue to do it and look smug. Is still bad that they try to control it by asking you.

Asking a question is not the same as forcing fries on your plate.
Saying no is also a basic brain function, and if you can't do that you are less developed mentally than a 3 year old.

Old and low quality,

Fatty apologist detected.
>saying no is haaaaard
>businesses shouldn't offer their wares

Fucking lol at the first post being a straight up cringy teenage edgelord.

>who cares about fitness on Veeky Forums
checked

>ask
>control

You're literally retarded.

>sugars are bad for you
>the bodies preferred source of energy that it will fight to preserve as it's primary source of energy is bad for you
Please fucking sleep on a train track.
>b-bro complex carbs are good for you, who cares that they turn into the exact same thing in the body as simple sugars?
Fuck off.

>A sudden rush of simple carbs is the same as the slow digestion of complex carbs and the added effect of the accompanying fiber.

Its nit that they are bad, but the amount recommended is. Before agriculture we werent avle to stuff our faces with 300 g of carbs a Day, but now that is the recommended intake in Americaland.

Reduce your sugar and White bred / pasta intake, eat more fat and protein and stay within your caloric needs for maintenance.

>what is fructose
Not to mention that insulin isn't bad, especially if you're trying to build muscle. Oly lifters and bodybuilders take insulin out the ass.

>tfw eat around 500grams of carbs daily and haven't gained any fat while I have gained some muscle
Ok dude.

>what is calories

OK dude.

I love this movie because it's logical and factual evidence presented by an actual scientist who's just stoke average middle aged white guy willing to prove a quantitative point. Not some new age retard extorting you to follow some gay diet with shocking, blown out of proportion footage.

He's probably not completely correct about everything, but he consistently makes quality arguments.

>mccroissant

Lol francedonalds

Im not sure what it was, but this movie made me go on myfitnesspal again and start logging food.
Gonna try and limit carbs to 100 g a day and eat high protein and medium fat. 500 cal deficit and I should be ready for summer I hope.

all these films, books and threads I've consumed over the last month in an attempt to better my health has just given me food anxiety

you won't be around to see summer you degenerate faggot.

It's funny how he brags about a cholesterol level of 200 like it's a good thing. His cholesterol couldn't get any higher so it didn't. There's a lot of retardation in this but that's just what I remember off the top of my head.

>low carbs
>high protein
Fucking idiot.
Look up gluconeogenesis, realize that you will waste all of your protein and most of it will be converted into glucose anyways, and fucking change your diet.

>Muh gluconeogenesis
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18561209

>the rate of gluconeogenesis remains remarkably stable in widely varying metabolic conditions in people without diabetes

academic.oup.com/jcem/article/85/5/1963/2660569

>Gluconeogenesis was about 14% higher after the very low carbohydrate diet (6.3 ± 0.2 μmol/kg·min; P = 0.001) compared to the control diet, but was not different between the high carbohydrate and control diets

>Fuck his cherry picked """"debunking""""
How is it cherry picked?

I don't watch shitty documentaries parading as science. Legitimate scientific research has failed to reproduce the results of "Supersize Me" in several rounds of controlled testing with average university students throughout Europe. Legitimate scientific research has long since proven that how much goes into your body is much more important than what goes into your body; that weight control is primarily achieved by reducing calorie intake and performing exercise; that exercise which results in muscle gain - regardless of whether it results in body fat loss or not - is the only long-term solution to prevent weight gain or weight regain after a diet; and that only those who have some sort of metabolic disorder or similar illness cannot lose weight and keep that weight off with some combination of diet and exercise.

This shit has been well established and documented in medicine and the sciences for literally decades. I don't need nor do I want some pseudo-celebrity loser talking to some rando "nutrionist" when I have access to peer-reviewed research performed by actual scientists.

Lol no you fucking don't.