Why is salt bad for you again?

Why is salt bad for you again?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLuOCYTZXw6HZY-Jl7qjzrRUYbOPZGNWgq
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3725480/#!po=39.4737
consumersunion.org/2011/10/what-are-they-pumping-into-your-chicken/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2430660/
leginfo.ca.gov/pub/11-12/bill/sen/sb_0351-0400/sb_380_bill_20110906_chaptered.pdf
vimeo.com/23744792
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20105391
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20071648?itool=EntrezSystem2.PEntrez.Pubmed.Pubmed_ResultsPanel.Pubmed_RVDocSum&ordinalpos=2 Am J Clin Nutr
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20685950?dopt=AbstractPlus
health.harvard.edu/staying-healthy/the-truth-about-fats-bad-and-good
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3509517/
thelancet.com/action/showFullTextImages?pii=S2213-8587(15)00263-6
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/313701
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2125600/
drmcdougall.com/2014/03/31/ronald-m-krauss-md/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2989112/
ajcn.nutrition.org/content/early/2016/07/05/ajcn.116.133561.full.pdf html
cell.com/cell-metabolism/fulltext/S1550-4131(15)00350-2
youtu.be/2Ftoy6jqxm8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's not.

/thread

Because my mom heard Dr. Oz and Josh Ax say so

It isn't. An excess of it isas with everything else on the planet

Honestly i think people are just afraid of waterweight, cause salt apparently binds water to your body/makes you hella thirsty

Idk, to me that's just useful, so i dig me some sodium.

but, how much is an excess amount?

Sustained higher than average intake of sodium is directly related to kidney health and heart health, mainly blood pressure, which impacts pretty much every part of your body. As long as you aren't scarfing down tons of processed/junk food daily and are staying hydrated you probably aren't reaching levels that are dangerous, unless you have preexisting conditions or are vulnerable to blood pressure changes.
Salt doesn't "bind" water to your body, it fucks with your blood pressure and draws water away from tissues where it needs to be in order to keep balance. You end up getting thirsty and then your kidneys have to work overtime to regulate your blood pressure and salt levels. High salt intake ends up unnecessary strain on pretty much the 2 most important systems in your body.

Google it you fucktard.

i'm too lazy so i'll just have a bag of jerky and a full macdonalds meal, uber delivery, and see what happens.

I'm addicted to salt. I put salt on everything. I fucking drink pickle juice right out the jar.. I've made my own pickle juice so I can drink it like a beverage

how fucked am I

The water should probably balance it. Like with coffee
>captcha: Castle DIES

Can I use large quantities of salt if I also drink a shitton of water?

your body knows how much salt it requires and adjusts your tastes accordingly.

>intuitive eating

That's a trait carried over from our evolutionary companions who had to stock up on fat and salt and carbs before the winter or food shortages arrived or they would DIE. Our body hasn't adapted to the fact that you can consume your entire daily recommended levels of sodium in one meal pretty easily nowadays. There is a minimum level of salt required in order to keep electrolyte balances and that's WAY less than a jar of fucking pickle juice/table salt added to everything. God damn there needs to be mandatory nutrition classes or people are going to keep dying because "muh body knows what it wants".

eat more sea salt

It's only bad if you have some specific conditions like heart diseases

Salt is a compound made up of about 40 percent sodium and 60 percent chloride. Sodium is an essential nutrient, but vegetables and other natural foods provide the small amounts of sodium you need in your diet. If you consume too much, it can cause water retention, and your body may respond by raising your blood pressure to push the excess fluid and salt out of your system.

For the first 90 percent of human evolution, we likely ate diets containing less than the equivalent of a quarter teaspoon of salt’s worth of sodium a day. Why? Because we likely ate mostly plants. We went millions of years without saltshakers, so our bodies evolved into sodium-conserving machines. That served us well until we discovered that salt could be used to preserve foods. Without refrigeration, this was a boon to human civilization, but where does that leave us now? After all, we no longer have to live off pickles and jerky.

Humans seem to be genetically programmed to eat ten times less sodium than we do now. Many so-called low-salt diets can actually be considered high-salt diets. That’s why it’s critical to understand what the concept of “normal” is when it comes to sodium. Having a “normal” salt intake can lead to a “normal” blood pressure, which can contribute to us dying from all the “normal” causes, like heart attacks and strokes.

The evidence that sodium raises blood pressure is clear, including double-blind, randomized trials dating back decades. If we take subjects with high blood pressure and put them on a sodium-restricted diet, their blood pressure drops. If we keep them on the low-salt diet and add a placebo, nothing happens. However, if we instead give subjects salt in the form of a time-release sodium pill, their blood pressure goes back up again. The more sodium we give them secretly, the higher their blood pressure climbs.

Even just a single meal can do it. If we take people with normal blood pressure and give them a bowl of soup containing the amount of salt that may be found in an average American meal, their blood pressure climbs over the next three hours compared to eating the same soup without any added salt. Dozens of similar studies demonstrate that if you reduce your salt intake, you may reduce your blood pressure. And the greater the reduction, the greater the benefit may be. But if you don’t cut down, chronic high salt intake can lead to a gradual increase in blood pressure throughout life.

it cancels test boost obtained from eating onions

How did we first learn of this? Enter Dr. Walter Kempner and his rice-and-fruit diet. Without drugs, he brought patients with eye-popping blood pressures like 240/150 down to 105/80 with dietary changes alone. How could he ethically withhold medication from such seriously ill patients? Modern high-blood-pressure pills hadn’t been invented yet! Dr. Kempner conducted his work back in the 1940s. He was able to reverse the course of disease with diet in more than 70 percent of cases. Though the diet wasn’t merely extremely low sodium—it was also strictly plant-based and low in fat and protein—Dr. Kempner is now recognized as the person who established, beyond any shadow of doubt, that high blood pressure can often be lowered by a low-sodium diet.

In addition to high blood pressure, salty meals can significantly impair artery function, even among people whose blood pressure tends to be unresponsive to salt intake. In other words, salt itself can injure our arteries independent of its impact on blood pressure. And that harm begins within thirty minutes.

glad i found this thread. I eat about 1.5 - 2 lbs of chicken breast a day, I drink at least a gallon of water a day. Because of the whole salt is bad for you thing i only use Mrs.Dash to season my CB, I am over it even the marinades...there are other marinades I have used before that were very tasty and used fruit juice like lime or orange as a base but they have a high sodium content, well the content is 3500mg in an entire marinade packet. This is recommended to be used on 1.5 - 2 lbs of meat. how much of that 3500mg am I actually getting after marinating the CB for about a day if this is the ONLY source of sodium in my diet is it gonna really cause me harm or keep me from cutting? please help !

It’s not. youtube.com/playlist?list=PLuOCYTZXw6HZY-Jl7qjzrRUYbOPZGNWgq

The leading source of sodium in the American diet for adults is chicken
>Sodium Intakes of US Children and Adults from Foods and Beverages by Location of Origin and by Specific Food Source
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3725480/#!po=39.4737
>What are they pumping into your chicken?
consumersunion.org/2011/10/what-are-they-pumping-into-your-chicken/

(1/2)
Some informative posts ITT OP.

Excess sodium intake (more than the maximum recomended intake of about 2300mg/day) is linked to cardiovascular disease and kidney damage.

Basically the sodium temporarily raises your blood pressure by a small percentage every time you eat too much. Your kidneys have to work hard to excrete this extra sodium in your urine, and after a few days, your blood pressure is normalised again. Thing is, it never 100% reverts back to normal - it goes down again, but never completely back to pre-sodium meal levels. Eat too much sodium every day for years and years and you end up with damaged kidneys from all the sodium excretion and high blood pressure which is directly linked to heart attacks, stroke, etc.

(2/2)
So keeping in mind that (in Australia at least) the Adequate Intake of sodium only needs to be as low as 460mg/day, and the recommended the Suggested Dietary Target is 2000mg/day, nearly every study done on the matter has shown that consuming >2300mg/day of sodium is bad for you. The most recent reports show the AVERAGE sodium consumed daily by an adult man is about 2800mg. So people seem to be eating about five times more sodium than necessary, and a good amount more than seems to be healthy. So if there's 840mg of sodium in just a happy meal, and you eat that three times a day, you're eating too much sodium.

Yes, there are a few major studies that show no association between sodium consumption and blood pressure, but most of these studies come from places like Japan where centuries of high sodium diets have caused genetic adaptations to favour the amount of sodium they can consume. For the vast majority, sodium is still linked to hypertension. For African Americans who seem to have extreme increases in blood pressure following a high sodium meal, the leading theory is that this was a form of artificial selection when they were coming here as slaves on boats, the ones who were able to hold onto electrolytes more efficiently survived when there wasn't enough water and the others simply didn't make it to the Americas.

Credentials to all the above, bachelors in nutrition. I'm sure there's smarter people than me on Veeky Forums but I at least was pretty well educated on the topic and have read a lot of studies.

Questions away

So if I were to summarize:
use salt sparingly if you don't want want high blood pressure.

so if i eat chicken and marinade with said marinade its bad for me

it's a meme, one of the biggest health memes imo. Unless you do steroids, coke etc and tons of salt and have history of family heart attacks, you have nothing to worry about.

Basically haha. Though the majority of sodium in people's diets isn't from salt they added themselves, it's just the sodium that's in all the processed foods they eat to begin with.

Even bread has a decent amount of sodium man. Just check the label of things you're eating and make sure the amount of sodium isn't crazy high per serve (>500mg) and the serving sizes aren't tiny meaning you'd eat like 4 serves in one sitting.

Thanks for listening user, a lot of broscience on here about sodium being good for your lifts because it's manly or some shit but even elite athletes don't need very much extra sodium compared to a normal person. You really don't lose that much extra in sweat

Is your opinion based on reading dozens of high quality journal articles and have a degree in nutrition though? Because mine is, and I'm telling you it's something most people should avoid eating in excess, hence the recommendations from every doctor, every public health body, every government ever

Like most things, its only bad if you are a fatass following the standard American diet. If you are an active person who is mindful of his insulin levels and carb consumption, it's pretty hard to overeat on salt

Hypertension

Anyone done this ?

Interdasting
Any follow up to this?

All I'm saying, the thing or "meme" is over exaggerated. If you don't eat out a lot, don't do steroids, coke, other drugs( Class A etc), and history of family heart attacks then it's ok. What is excess anyway? All I'm saying is, the whole thing is totally over exaggerated in todays society. I'm willing to stand by that. Lucozade full sugar is more harmful. why not talk about that instead?

I currently take 2 drops of Iodine daily, feel bretty good although I felt healthy before I started.

just like doctors promoted cigarettes back in the day? that don't mean jack shit. fuck the journals. all promoted to boost "organic food", they pay scientists to promote bs

This, but nobody will listen

t. medfag

Ok, I'll bite.

Yes, iodine deficiency is a huge problem in a lot of developing countries, and in some developed countries too. The World Health Organization says something like 1/3rd of the world's population is potentially deficient, but keep in mind the majority of this will be in developing countries.

Iodine is naturally present in seawater and soil everywhere, but some countries with a lot of rainfall, soil erosion, and large-scale agriculture have had most of that iodine just basically wash away, meaning they need to import it from other places and fortify their foods with it. For most of the US, Canada, the UK, etc, this isn't an issue. Only some parts of Europe and the rest of the developing world are effected.

Basically though, most developed countries are fine through iodine fortification in sodium. Yes, there is good advice to reduce sodium out there, but most people are getting more than enough iodine. The Estimated Average Requirement is 100 micrograms/day, and it's thought you shouldn't need more than about 150 micrograms, where most adults are consuming about 200 micrograms/day. If you're on a very low sodium diet or think your iodine intake may be low you can check this with your doctor, but chances are you're fine. Iodine is also strongly present in meats, dairy, seafood, soy sauce, etc.

Yes, iodine is used by the thyroid to create thyroid hormone which is used in your body for a lot of useful things. Yes, some things can compete for uptake within the thyroid, but that's why you just need to consume the appropriate amount of iodine with these things taken into account, aka >100 micrograms per day.

Also all these symptoms like irritability and anxiety are pretty bogus, iodine/thyroid hormone deficiency is pretty serious if you have it for a while, you'd definitely notice. Ya get goiter and shit

Also lol at all the government conspiracies and crap written here

Actually just read through a paper to make sure my info was still up to date. Looks like iodine deficiency might be a problem in the UK, but using iodised salt should fix it. The best fix would be for the entire food industry to use iodised salt in their food products, not just regular salt, as has been enforced in many other developed countries.

If you're eating a bunch of meat and shit you're probably fine though, just ask your doctor if you're a paranoid britboi

Lol ok so when you have your first myocardial infarction and are laying in a hospital bed are you going to trust the team of extremely well trained experts or are you just gonna pull out the canular and run because a few well paid doctors said smoking was good in ad campaigns half a century ago so all doctors must be government spy shills trying to keep the population sick and weak for some reason

Smoking is good but all the bullshit they add to cigs is not. Pure tobacco leaf preferably dipped or in snuff is a great nootropic with only minimal risks.

How were we not iodine deficient before agriculture then? Afaik we didn't evolve on iodized flour

Mate, I get that a bit of skepticism can be useful sometimes, but you're clearly not a doctor so just listen to them, ok?

I defined what excess sodium was before, >2300mg/day. That recommendation was made by a team of experts (a couple of whom taught me) who took into account hundreds of articles and scientific reviews to determine what works best for the general population.

Sodium is one of the key electrolytes you need for hydration, and steroids and other drugs shouldn't change your requirement for this drastically at all. Doesn't matter about a history of heart problems man, this recommendation is based on AVERAGE HEALTHY people, not just fatasses with a bunch of relatives that died from strokes. Just because someone memed you that lots of sodium is good because it's technically connected to how muscle contractions work therefore greater gains (yes it's connected but unless you're severely dehydrated this won't effect your gains at all) doesn't mean it's true

As for lucozade, lol why even bring that up, we weren't talking about a sugary sports drink we're talking about sodium. Simple sugars can be useful for athletes that are exercising for longer than about an hour to replenish their glycogen stores, and no I wouldn't advocate everybody drinking lucozade on the daily unless they do a lot of sport.

I'd still argue one of those a day is better than 3000+mg of sodium per day but that really depends on the individual

I kind of answered that here by saying that iodine which is naturally in the soil, is eroded over time and heavy agriculture, farming, etc, means it's depleted at a much faster rate. I beleeeeive but I'm not entirely sure that basically to re-iodise the soil you'll need to wait tens of thousands of years for the oceans to smush the continents around again and for the seawater to mix with the land.

But don't sweat it because we can just import the iodine from the ocean and add it to our food.

Also don't listen to anything from /pol/ ever lol

I dont trust doctors for shit, they say you should not eat fat and they are wrong, they say you should train cardio for health and not strength and they are wrong, and most think pilates is a good way to keep yourself in shape. Why would i listen to mainstream doctors for salt then?

all because I asked for extra salt on my fries? lmao

I have an unrelated question, what are your thoughts on Michael Greger and nutritionfacts.org? I became vegan/vegetarian last year and since then I've done a lot of research on nutrition. I like his content a lot. A lot of people say he's biased and perhaps he is but all the content he produces is well sourced by studies. Do you ever watch his content? Also what are your thoughts on whole-food plant-based diets?

ok I get that. Tbh the only reason I hate this because one of my co workers and I went to a kfc, he is a skinny fuck, I took salt and I asked him, he said no he is being "healthy". That is why I hate the "meme". Sure if you're fat as shit, or even chubby but comeon there are 1000x worse ingredients.

exactly

Doctors aren't nutritional experts mate, American doctors and physicians only get 7hours of nutritional training every 4 years. Also there are good and bad fats, unsaturated good, trans fat really bad, saturated fat worse than unsaturated but not as bad as trans.

>4
in my school, half of the whole vending machine was full of lucozade. My point is, stop shilling salt as a bad ingredient and start activism on "sugar" products. None do, know why? salt is cheap, sugar, there are billion dollar companies relying on you buying it, like coke. I hate these threads because if you cared that much you'd start with other things, like Jamie Oliver tried but failed. Why? He was out of his depth.

It just proves my point, doctors don't know much about health. Also saturated fat is not bad, it is just not as good as unsaturated.

a lot of doctors smoke too. that should tell you something

Nutrition*, not health

That doesn't mean nutrition science doesn't exist. The uncertainty surrounding fats doesn't mean things can't be known, and the research surrounding sodium is way less conflicting. If you're going to say "gubmint bad" then you have to review the research yourself and argue on technical grounds, otherwise you're just a reactionary nigger

Ok but not trusting doctors is exactly the kind of thinking that leads to the US spending billions on healthcare every year because people don't trust their doctors that being fat is bad for them, or that smoking causes lung cancer, or that too much salt is bad for them.

It's just not a very intelligent way to look at the world to assume that you're smarter than doctors on matters that doctors spend 6-10 years (depending on the country) of their life studying rigorously.

First study I pulled up from 10 years ago said they receive about 24 hours of nutritional training (contact hours, plenty more hours will be spent studying and memorising for tests), where'd ya get 7 from? ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2430660/

No doctors aren't experts on everything, but they're trained by experts on those topics to get the gist of it and pass that information on to average people. Yes, clinical practicing dietitians probably know more than the average doctor about nutrition, but the average doctor almost certainly knows more than the 18 year old who's read 3 meme posts on Veeky Forums.

Just because some (I've never met any but I believe you) doctors smoke, doesn't mean they don't know smoking is bad for you, or that you shouldn't listen to them when they tell you smoking is bad for you. It just means they're strongly addicted and don't listen to good advice. They usually give good advice though, that's effectively their job

It doesn't prove your point, you are dismissing someone who has read up on the scientific literature. He's not a doctor but someone who studies nutrition, all you're doing is arguing from some kind of feeling that you have. I don't know how old you are but I'm guessing somewhere in the 20s. Heart disease is the number one cause of death in America. Having a bad diet for a long time will only increase chances of such a disease, stop being so ignorant because you're young and think everything will be fine.

Also how do you know doctors are wrong about avoiding excess fat in foods? Did you hear that from other doctors? Because I'm certain you're not on the frontlines of clinical research and epidemiology studying the effects of high fat vs low fat diets. Why do you choose to believe some doctors but not others?

The whole 'fat is bad for you' thing was based on a lot of observational evidence that too much saturated fat was bad for heart health, increased total cholesterol, etc. The evidence wasn't particularly strong, but there was lots of it. As more and more evidence has come out, and we understand the mechanisms behind all this a bit better, we can see that saturated fat probably does have some effect, but it's not quite as strong as it was once thought, so now there's less of a push to eat low fat foods. By telling people to eat less fat, that includes saturated fat and was an easy message to get to the public. We are also still pretty sure a lot of saturated fat is bad for you, but small amounts seem to be ok, it was just the 'how much is ok for you' part we may have got wrong. Same with cholesterol, now we know that total doesn't matter as much, it's more the breakdown of the ratio of LDL/VLDL to HDL and the total triglyceride count that matters.

The way we study this shit is very confusing because human bodies are complicated as hell. So we try to do really specific studies on really specific things to make sure we're right about whatever we're trying to prove, but then zooming out and saying how this one specific thing effects the entire human body is really complicated, so sometimes scientists can make faulty assumptions. Overall though, trust doctors, trust science. You don't have smallpox because of them.

Also most doctors say lifting is good for you, and pilates is great for most people wtf lol

if your cutting and trying to show off gains salt could be the reason why your not entirely vascular, if you eat too much sodium it retains water weight which is added weight that you cant piss out , however if you are not currently cutting you can have as much sodium as you want
>is salt bad for you?
no
>should i continue to eat foods high in sodium?
depends on wether your cutting or bulking

Thanks user. I do have a bachelor's degree in nutrition and I'm studying my doctor of physiotherapy, so I am fairly scientifically literate. Just a shame not many other people on 4chins are.

Why am I wasting my time here and not making the most of my holidays lol

Hmm... like all that government would actually want people to live well.

Sodium chloride covers two of the basic electrolytes necessary for your body to function correctly, so it's inaccurate to say it's 'bad for you'. What's bad is that in first-world countries especially people consume *too much* salt.

Can't even tell if you're trolling.

Ok, why *wouldn't* the majority of the world's governments issuing nutritional recommendations want you to live well? Where's the conspiracy?

>where'd ya get 7 from
A bill drafted by Dr. John McDougall was introduced in California to mandate that physicians get continuing medical education in nutrition. I remembered 7 hours but can't seem to find it back.
leginfo.ca.gov/pub/11-12/bill/sen/sb_0351-0400/sb_380_bill_20110906_chaptered.pdf
Video of the hearing:
vimeo.com/23744792
Also alot of physicians overestimate their nutritional knowledge:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20105391

excess fat is bad if you have a lot carbs. 0 carbs, most daily fat, even more is ok as long as you dont go overboard. I'm not the one you replied to though

exactly. his post sounds gd in u/iamverysmart , genuinely thought he was a troll but he hasn't replied since

just as I said where nobody replied. Big sugar companies like Coke as an example. Big tax, big money. Farmers? a lot of countries have to subsidize for that shit = less revenue

I asked a question here
I'm guessing you didn't see it, I really wonder what your thoughts on it is.

many countries pay farmers (subsidy) extra for healthy food. Bad companies make money from sugar, pay lot of tax. Good health = maybe less healthcare costs vs bad health and cigarette tax, alcohol tax . which do you think makes more? cigarettes causes cancer, but weed is illegal in my country? why? 50%+ tax. govt doesn't give a fuck about your health. stop being so naive

Ok, i'm not an expert on anything, i just know a boatload of nutrition students that i know are not very smart people eating mostly deep fried carbs around the campus, so i try to not just trust whatever a nutritionist tells me, i search up stuff and there is a lot of conflicting information everywhere, so i follow whatever makes sense to me. Of course i can be wrong as i mostly an about most stuff.
However, i do try and look things up

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20071648?itool=EntrezSystem2.PEntrez.Pubmed.Pubmed_ResultsPanel.Pubmed_RVDocSum&ordinalpos=2 Am J Clin Nutr

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20685950?dopt=AbstractPlus

health.harvard.edu/staying-healthy/the-truth-about-fats-bad-and-good

all of these studies lead to some very fancy named websites that as a engineering student i don't know if are actually good, but they seen, and the studies were made with a lot of subjects, so i have those reasons to beliave they are trustworthy.
Also about the salt, i just drink a lot of water and eat a lot of fat, so i piss my minerals off at a large rate, and if i don't eat salt i feel really shitty, so i try to eat enough as long as i'm feeling fine.

That being said, if you got some information on a site with a fancy name that i can read that will help me not to die, i greatly appreciate it, since i really don't know what to trust

>High salt intake ends up unnecessary strain on pretty much the 2 most important systems in your body.
depends on the circumstances. salt is one of the most vital electrolytes. it helps with energy production, when one is sweating excessively(try living in the tropics) they loose alot of sodium and this reduces the bodies energy production. on extremely humid days where im working in the sun i can drink upwards of 5L of water and need a glass of salt water, not even a teaspoon worth of salt just to stop fatigue.

Not the person you're replying to but low carb diets are retarded, what benefit is there other than lowering your mortality?

I have been following one for the last 3 weeks, and they make me feel good, i lost some water weight but my lifts stayed the same, and i do look a bit more jacked, also i dont feel much hunger anymore. All anecdotal tho, and i just began it so i dont know how i will feel if i continue doing it

Ok, I'll bite back
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3509517/
According to this text USA citizens were iodine defficient, they had to go for iodized salt programm which was previously implemented in Switzlerland so claim that US,Canada,UK are not affected by seems to be false not only for US.
thelancet.com/action/showFullTextImages?pii=S2213-8587(15)00263-6
The first paragraph mentions WHO calling out the problem of iodine defficiency all over Europe.
>Europe has had the highest percentage of iodine deficiency.
Problem is pretty much real and most likely valid to this day.
In most of other points you pretty much agree with pasta.
>Also don't listen to anything from /pol/ ever lol
agreed, never listen to anything comming out of Veeky Forums it's bunch of autists after all. Anytime you see something what might be true ,go do your own research, some of the shit they mention even on pol is pretty valid, arbitrary rejecting source of possible info is silly.

genuine q though, ive tried it before. why are they retarded? I think its the perfect diet if only you got used to it, and had enough minerals + vitamins. and what study shows it would lower mortality? carbs are sugar after all

again replying twice. I have tried this. best diet I had ever been on but I wouldn't do it long term, why? because it is so hard since almost everything has carbs in it

best diet I had ever been on. But it is hard, because you start craving carbs. Imho, it is the best diet out there, but one of the hardest, since our generation is used to so much carb intake/sugar. 1st week/2 week is mostly water loss, they all say. Stick to it though imo. Carbs=sugar, the ONLY necessary macronutrients you need are protein and fat.

I dont crave carbs at all anymore, but i went full keto diet, i dont even consume most sweeteners,so no insulin spikes. Also, eating veggies, meat, cheese and nuts is not that hard for me. Sucks for socializing tho

>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20071648?itool=EntrezSystem2.PEntrez.Pubmed.Pubmed_ResultsPanel.Pubmed_RVDocSum&ordinalpos=2 Am J Clin Nutr
>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20685950?dopt=AbstractPlus
I can help you with this, even though I'm not a nutritional expert. This is actually great conspiracy stuff. Those studies are misleading, why? Because they're "cohort" studies aka a cross-section population study. What's wrong with this you might ask, well since 1979 that those studies will always give zero correlation when studying hearth disease.
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/313701
It's because of genetic differences of baseline cholesterol levels.
When we take a look at "metabolic ward" studies, studies where they basically lock people up and have 100% control over the food they eat. We see that saturated fat intake is connected linearly with our cholesterol levels and hih cholesterol causes heart disease.
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2125600/
But why would they make such studies if they know they don't work? Are they stupid? Here is where the (((dairy&meat industry))) come in. Look at one of the authors of the studies you mentioned, (((Ronald M. Krauss))) check his funding
drmcdougall.com/2014/03/31/ronald-m-krauss-md/
Dairy and beef association, coincidence? I think not.

Here:
>Low Carb Diets Increase All Cause Mortality:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2989112/
Also since most people go on these diets to lose weight, check these:
>Ketogenic diets slow down weight loss despite a small increase in energy expendature:
ajcn.nutrition.org/content/early/2016/07/05/ajcn.116.133561.full.pdf html
I rather eat more carbs and restrict my fat than the opposite.
>Dietary fat restriction results in more body fat loss than carbohydrate restriction:
cell.com/cell-metabolism/fulltext/S1550-4131(15)00350-2

Thank you, i will read your stuff

>they say you should not eat fat
No they don't
>they say you should train cardio for health
Cardio > strength training for health
>most think pilates is a good way to keep yourself in shape.
Relative to being sedentary, it is

Stop being a baby

Made some spelling errors, anyway watch this video if you're still confused:
youtu.be/2Ftoy6jqxm8

Basically the (((industries))) are creating FUD just like the tobacco industry did.
Doubt is our product.

0 carb- no hard facts. moderate vegetable, low carb intake - more healthy than normal. So 0 carbs = no evidence. 0 carbs except from vegs = better than normal diet.

Still stand by my point. Even then, you pointed to one article. I could point to many more, but I couldnt give a shit sorry. nothing you said is concrete, or even 60/70% true

replied last. all bs.

> carbs are sugar after all
You mean sugars are carbs, but what does that matter?

Ok, i did not understand much but i understood that i cant even trust the fancy named site. I will just eat whatever makes me look good and fell physically well, and if i die i can only blame myself for it

Why though? Why would you restrict your carbs to zero? Don't you like fruits, pasta, rice, pizza, bread, etc? You're raising your cholesterol levels and getting into ketosis but why? We're made to get most of our energy from carbs, it's true that a lot of simple carbs can be bad but you can avoid them by stop eating processed junk and whole foods rather than the non-whole alternatives.
Do you have an explanation on why it's bs or are you just following the diet religiously and dismissing all science that doesn't feed your narrative?

Watch the video dude:
It's real simple, the industries are creating confusion so the public will just eat whatever.

no all carbs = sugar. why matter? human body can survive without it

exactly what I mean. Although can be healthy, it isn't practical. Most energy from carbs= only because we have adapted to that. Carbs have 0 necessity if you were to cut them outright.

Starch and fiber aren't sugars.
>why matter? human body can survive without it
What does that matter? That doesn't make it good or bad.

it's bs because scientificazlly, all we need are fats and protein. only reason we consume carbs is because we are used to it now, procesed foods etc. very hard to find a supermarket item without carbs. It's the world we live in now. Scientifically we dont need carbs at all. 0. Protein is for muscle, fat for hair and nails and skin. Carbs for energy, but you can adapt your body to switch to fat. No need for carbs. why they exist? sugar is addictive. capitalist thinking. Pizza, sugar, coke. The foundation of America.

people that go on keto diets have had that arguement. I won't argue for sure, but those are "starch carbs", a lot keto diet people still take them.

90%+ of carbs these days are all processed/sugar, even the bread you eat

Ohh i get it now, it's the jews again. But the conclusion is that i should eat less animal fat because the studies that show that saturated fat is good are shilled by the dairy people, not that i shouldn't be eating fat at all, right?

Doesnt make sense, starch will still take you out of ketosis