Is being able to bench your body weight respectable?

Is being able to bench your body weight respectable?

I'm 155 and can bench 5 reps of 160...

Other urls found in this thread:

strengthlevel.com/strength-standards/male/lb
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Sure but why would you be satisfied with just respectable

Yea, that's a lot of weight for a grill

2x body weight is when it starts to get respectable

benching your bodyweight is where you're considered not weak as fuck. you're still in normie-tier. most high school athletes are stronger than this. even the weak ones. strong begins when you know very few people who can put up as much weight as you.

No it isn't.
That's like basic military tier.
Since it's a requirement to be able to use your body weight for different movements.
Usually it's double your body weight, but if you said you were in the 200 range for being a small little faggot. I wouldn't outright hate you.
Also if you're like 300lbs and can only bench 300lbs that is just as bad.

Respectable is subjective, but I can definitely tell you that you're invisible. Not amazing like the guy benching 3pl8, not pathetic like the guy fucking around with 5 lb dumbbells. Just gym scenery.

Will I ever hit 2pl8 without becoming fat?

I am only doing 105kg @ 84kg (1.25x BW) and I am probably the strongest in my year (senior).

I have only been lifting like 5 months though, guess they're all just weak.

bench doesn't mean shit

How many times do you bench a week?

A good goal is a 1RM of 1.5 times your bodyweight, and then just keep improving from there.

Okay my deadlift is 285(315 1rm) and my squat is 245.

OHP I don't do often is 105

Yea I'm only doing 130kg @ 80kg BW and I am probably the strongest in my year (10th grade).

I have been lifting like 2 weeks though, guess they're all just weak.

It takes times user.
When I hit 3pl8 I jumped up to 230lbs.
When I went back down to 190 area, my gains dropped a little, but muscle loss takes years and years unless you're literally not getting anything, but basic nutrition for survival.
So it was much easier to go back up to 3pl8 after reaching it.
You can't gain muscle if you don't gain weight user. You also will never be able to lose a set amount of weight if you want to maintain that weightlifting standard.
strengthlevel.com/strength-standards/male/lb
I mean your elite standards are only my intermediate to advanced standards.
Unless you're a genetic freak it will be hard for you to pull off heavier weights without putting on weight. Just the way it is, everyone has a natural max range.

desu i've never felt that any amount of weight i lift has to garner some kind of respect. really, once you're strong by whatever standard you hold yourself to you will probably realize how little it means to have someone call you strong.
don't be in it for the respect, dude. just for the fun of it.

It's called doing a push up

Bench is my favourite lift so I focus on it a lot. Have been doing nSuns for the last 2 months so I bench three days a week. Before nSuns it was just some brosplit shit.

>Monday: Flat bench
>Wednesday: Incline bench
>Friday: Flat bench, close grip bench

OHP is the main compound on Wednesday though. I also do some accessories like flyes, dumbell bench and pin press.

do you also call push ups with two plates on your back a 2 pl8 bench

Only if you weigh over 200lb.

Yea I'm only doing 160kg @ 60kg BW and I am probably the strongest in my year (5th grade).

I have only been lifting since yesterday though, guess they're all just weak.

A push up is 35% of your bodyweight