I jerk and push when OHP and I grow and it carries over to my BP

I jerk and push when OHP and I grow and it carries over to my BP.

Am I doing it wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

t-nation.com/training/tip-push-press-for-massive-strength
youtube.com/watch?v=Z4l6eH-lmMA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>i use leg drive in my OHP and it carries over to my bench
what the actual fuck are you even trying to say? that you lean back so far that it becomes an incline push press?

I’m saying I use a small portion of the leg drive to push press.

I go heavier on the ohp for stability. that small leg drive helps while still keeping a steady core and focus on the shoulders.

Oh, I do 5x5 stronglifts.

Sue me.

Push press =/= OHP

they are different lifts, you aren't doing OHP

push press has better carryover to bench than ohp
read up tit-nation t-nation.com/training/tip-push-press-for-massive-strength
depends on the definition, on Veeky Forums OHP = strict press, no layback or push press or even jerk allowed when we talk about the lads

this is the reason the OHP was taken out of the olympics

youtube.com/watch?v=Z4l6eH-lmMA

actually, everywhere that knows its lifting terminology will make these distinctions, that's why there are different specific terms for each lift.

What the fuck fix your English god damn I can’t understand you

Push press involves a leg drive, OHP doesn’t. I don’t know what the fuck you’re saying

My mistake for using the word ohp instead of push press. Everything else I said was pretty straightforward.

look, your entire post changes based on that simple distinction

you asked "i OHP this way, with my legs, is that right?" to which the answer is no, you dont use legs in an OHP

to ask "i push press with my legs, is that right?" means the answer is the opposite.

the real question here is what information are you hoping to attain by asking your question?

Pushpress has great carryover since you can load more weight.

What the fuck are you asking? Whether you are doing push press wrong? Whether it’s meant to carry over to bench? What the fuck did you mean when you wrote ‘sue me’.
Am I high right now wtf is going on

Push pressing has pretty good carryover to benching I'd say, possibly even better than OHP.

I don’t think so. With a push press the arms are just going to travel straight up and the chest stays upright, while IMO with OHP there is more leeway for a kind of pressing away motion (in OHP the chest comes back more, and in extreme cases looks even like an upright bench, which is why it was removed).

an "upright bench" is a layback press which is not an OHP no matter how rip tries to force the old pressing style.
Push press has more carryover to bench than strict press due to more weight being locked out by the tris

Even if that’s the case, wouldn’t the momentum being caused by leg drive be less transferable to bench (which has no concentric phase like that)

Yeah, i would presume your PUSH PRESS (it's not an OHP if you use your legs, faggot) would carry over a bit to your bench

yeah sure, but the problem with ohp to bench carryover is that ohp limits the weight you can use far below bench weight (~65%) whereas push press can bring you to ~85%

(not saying that you should explicitly do push presses to increase your bench though because there are obvious better accessory exercises for your bench programming.)

I see your point. I think we can both agree that both lifts will help different parts of the bench st least? I think push press will probably be better for locking out, but ohp might help with getting the first inch,

That depends on hoe you bench. If you perform a competition style bench, you'll pause the bar at chest contact, reducing some of the stretch reflex benefit.
Depending on your benching style, you might also utilize leg drive to maximize tension.
Consequently, push press may have marginal carryover to a casual touch and go bench with minimal leg drive. But it actually has a fair deal of carryover to the fullbody coordination and tension of a competitive style bench

Hit a BTNP PR with 80kg for 10 reps and two sets on Monday.

Not a lot, but still, it felt bretty good.

>push-press is not overhead press