I think I'm hitting a growth spurt

I think I'm hitting a growth spurt
I just turned 18 last month and I was 5'4.5 inches tall, but after winter I have had terrible hunger, sleepy 24/7 and having bad back pains and discomfort in my legs. Well I've been eating a lot, sleeping, and exercising every day. Haven't gained any weight, but yesterday I was measure at almost 5'5.5 inches, I've grown mostly a full inch. Am I having growing pains and am I hitting a growth spurt? Don't ever remember being like this since I was 12-13

Eat an extra 500 calories a day and see.

Growth plates close at 18..

Good luck manlet.

TFW the train has taken off without me

This is wrong though

Thats what we learn in medical school.

They don't finish until around 25, and growth can occur until then, depending on the person of course.

Any evidence, my textbooks suggest 17-18 they close in the knees.

You grow till your 21-25 your body does not know your age it has no age limit to growth. Dennis Rodman graduated at 5'6 in high school and now he's 6'8. Buddy of mine also graduated at 5'4 and now he's 6'3. I grew 2 inches after I graduated and I'm 6'1

wtf r u talking about. some people dont even hit their puberty growth spurt til 16-17 and dont finish growing til 24-25, like me. I was 5'3 when I was 16 (felt bad man) then grew 8 inches in 8 months (felt painful man), and then slowly grew about 2 more inches over the next 2 years, and now im 6'1.

I didn’t finally stop growing still really late at 24, so it’s possible OP. I was bout 5,10’at 18 and now I’m over 6ft

How late did you people go through puberty, everyone i know stopped growing by the time they left secondary school at 16, i was 6ft at 15 and never grew any more.

>tfw grew to 180cm at like 13
>stopped growing for like 10 years
>grew wisdom teeth at like 17

oh well

late, unfortunately. i was 21-22 ish before my beard started coming in, and I still cant grow a full beard at 24 and a half

That is really unusual, most people stop growing before they get 18.

Beard and stuff comes late sometimes, mine is still patchy at 23, but my brothers has been full since he was 14.

I was definitely a late bloomer. I was one of the shortest kids in my class going into junior year, then by the end of junior year I was one of the tallest

it was also infuriating because my brother was 6'0 at 14, and grew to be 6'5
my mom and dad are both 6'2 tho and I have many grandparents/uncles/cousins at 6'4ish

Rn even being 5'5 I feel like a kid, I hope I can at least reach 5'8 and feel normal. It'd be awesome to be 6ft though, I'd love to be taller for once.

Your textbook is old as shit, grandpa.

>5'5.5

lol at you i was your height when i was 10yo, fucking manlet subhuman gtfo lmao

i was 4'10 at 15 years of age, by 18 i had grown to 5'11
18-20 still 5'11
21 years old 6'1
by 23 6'5
by 25 6'7(or 200cm)

>hit puberty at 16(pretty fuckin late)
>5'3
>slowly grow to hit 5'7 at 20
>now 5'8 at 22