Who's part of the front squat master race here?

Who's part of the front squat master race here?

I've never done one.

sup

>not front and back squatting at the same time

My arms don't stretch evenly behind my head so I have to be.

I cross my wrists and just grab the bar. None of that finger bending shit.

I know I should back squat too but I fucking hate back squats, I'm just doing FS all day erry day

Nooo... I don't do that. Way too much confusion.
I have kettle bell squatted after either one, however.
Plus, GHR. The stress on the wrists is pretty high with the f.s., so I keep it safe.

Right here, hitting 1 plate tomorrow for reps

I love front squats but I have to do them with straps because I literally can't bend my wrists enough to grab the bar.

Me but because I injured my lower back in September and I still can't back squat without pain or discomfort. It's probably a muscle imbalance and I should start adding good mornings to strengthen it

This is the most aesthetically pleasing movement. Front squats just look beautiful, way prettier than hi bar.

pic related looks 2 seconds from dropping that onto his legs

if it was any more weight his legs would snap in half

yeah man that's a pretty fucked up picture you posted.

lol

I can never do front squats cause I’ve been cracking my fingers/wrists like a madman ever since I was 5. 21 now so I have no flexibility in my hands.
Even if it doesn’t cause arthritis, slap your faggit children if they ever crack their hands in front of you. You’ll be doing them a favor.

>bar resting securely on front delts
>gonna drop it
You have never front squatted?

>t.idon'tknowwhatafrontsquatis
It rests on the natural shelf of your shoulders and pecs the hands are just there as an extra measure, you bimbo.

>And pecs

No, the bar gets higher than that, touching the neck gently. You don't front squat properly if you think your pecs get involved on the lift, that's what the shoulders are for

Which is safer?

Problem in pic is guy should move his hands out - don't let hands contact shoulder.

Bar position is good but the guy's back is probably too tight to fully lift chest.

Wrong shoes and meh haircut also

Embarrassing picture. Arnold should have Frankenstein front squatted one plate

Front squats

Front squats twice a week, back squats twice a week.

Gotta get stronk

Those are 100 pound plates fella
>still

I don't have a rack so me. I've actually gotten used to it, still get some minor wrist pain but I'm going heavier. Pretty lit.

I was wrong to question the king. Thx for the reprimand.
>still

Yeah son, Apex level movement

You're retarded, learn to grip it correctly

Wrist pain exists because you are letting your upper back slouch and/or your elbows fall downward, forcefully increasing the extension of the wrists and causing pain. Keep that upper back straight, keep those elbows up

>stress on the wrists is pretty high with the f.s.
Learn the front rack, retard

>Get to 235 for 10 parallel low bar half squats.

>Decide to start full ATG front squats

>Back down to one pl8

It's fine if you don't mind every one seeing you move baby weight.

235 is babyweight user

You know what I meant nerd.

Right, but 315 which I could also do is acceptable.

One rep sets are for ego lifters

10-20 reps is ideal for legs.

half repping 315 for 1 rep isnt impressive user

>can barely front squat one plate
>capable of giving leg training advice
Pick one

>pain in lower back
I'll do some good mornings those aren't well known for sending you to snap city

Here. Don't know how me not having room for a squat rack makes me master race though

To be fair, all "squats" most people program are technically half squats. Going to parallel is a half squat.

Go into a full squat position. That's a full squat. People squat about 20-25% less on a full squat because leverage is worse and ROM is considerably more.

I've never trained squatting to parallel because its inferior. High bar, full squat is all i've done as long as i remember, and my front squat and back squat are within 50 lbs with 1rm. The advantage of a full squat is the myotatic reflex. I can squat just as much if not more in a full squat than stopping at parallel.
my 1rm front squat is 315 and back squat is only 365

Real nigga right here

The things full squats have done for my mobility are incredible. Being able to explode from a position of extreme dorsiflexion and getting that power when I open at the hips is a game changer.

Ummm no sweetie. Everyone knows Bulgarian Split Squats are the true patrician squat.

Who says my grip is less correct? The bar rests in the exact same place and my elbows stay up, I just don't have to bend my wrist unnaturally like some form autist. Prove my way is wrong.

How the fuck do you do the cross grip without molesting your shoulders?

My wrists aren't flexible enough to do a lot of weight with the underhand grip

Try to Frankenstein (or Zombie) squat. You put your arms straight out with bar really racked tight. If your back is not tight you can pretty much do the same weight and its looks way cooler

>Being able to explode from a position of extreme dorsiflexion and getting that power when I open at the hips is a game changer.
>game changer

For what exactly? Not memeing & I totally agree with the increased mobility but what is the game changer? Being better at squats? Are you a sports athlete?
Just curious

Let me guess, you ohp in the squat rack

I always feel my glutes really activated in FS than in any other exercise . isn't that against contrary belief?

imagine not doing zerchers and calling yourself master race.

Front squats>>>>>>>>> Back squats

>tfw can't into rack position

Power clean front squat master race. My home gym doesnt have a rack.

i'm trying to get to ATG but feels like my hips are going to explode, i don't think i have the ankle mobility either, what do.

WHERE THE FUCK R U SUPPOSED TO OHP THEN GOD DAMN IT I DONT GET THIS MEME

how the fuck do you do the front rack position without my shoulder getting bruised?

point your toes forward

yea but i hold my arms lik this.

>bar starts to dig into my neck
>I start gagging
>can't brace core as I can't breathe properly because I'm being choked by the bar
FUCK

Your grip is probably too narrow so you have to dig the bar into your throat to prevent it from bending your wrists too much. Take a wider grip and focus on holding it on your shoulders. You should be at a width where you can zombie-squat it easily

I do both

shrug your shoulders forward up and in with your traps and keep your chest up

you might need to work on shoulder hypertrophy if it still hurts

I wrestle and do kickboxing. The mobility I've gained at the dip when shooting for a double made me a lot more comfortable with it, and my hips have become so mobile I can throw the lead leg kick at any height without doing a switch step or losing power.

All the problems I used to have when it came to the relationship between my force production at the lower body and my core's ability to transfer began to go away when I started doing front squats. I experienced the same thing when I learned to back squat properly.

>cuck-grip AND a plank under his heels

how fucking embarrassing. is THIS what lardlifters/broshitters actually aspire to do?

I did smolov jr but did front squats instead of regular. Legs were like bedroom booooooom lmao

i fucking hate it how you fags argue for 3 hours over whether or not an exercise that is 3% less effective than another exercise is worth doing

What if the world had 3% less faggots

You might be gone!

does BS transfer over to FS at all? if i can BS 2 pl8s can I FS 2pl8s?

From my experience, FS is harder. However if 2 pl8 is your rep and not your max, more than likely you can rep it on FS

Not a bodybuilder, I'm kind of a wimp, but it's my understanding.

Why is it so much harder to squat with elbows bent forwards as opposed to cross armed? I can fs 305 but it kills my wrists unless I cross-arm

So... yeah. Fucking hate front squats.

What the fuck do I replace them with in Reg Park's 5x5?

I hit 200 for 3x8 last week

Most people have a front squat that is 65-75% of their back squat. I have back squatted 455. Most I probably could have front squatted at that time was like 315 or so. I'm pretty awful at front squats. I'm long legged, short torsoed faggot.

You don't. You do them anyhow. Faggot.

>cuck-grip AND a plank under his heels

not everyone is comfortable wearing high heels in the gym user, some of use have to use a riser.

Also, if you dont know Arnold's issues with his calfs you should lurk longer.

t. broshitter manlet

Popping your hands/fingers doesn't do anything desu. I still crack my knuckles a year into FSing and can get my hands into position ezpz. You just need to stretch boyo

I don't care if this shit's a """""""meme""""""""" it's literally the best and easiest place to do ohp.

My lower back and knees are pretty wonky, so I primarily do front squats. But once or twice a month I do 1 or 2 sets of back squats to shock my body. Today I did one long set of 18 with 315. I haven't done back squat in a month and it felt great. My legs feel amazingly shitty now.

Came in here to post this. Carry on, my nigga.

Have seen quite a few videos of people passing out doing front squats... I lift at home alone, I'll just keep low bar squatting.

1) Have you tried lifting your elbows higher and using your upper back?
2) You don't actaully need to grip the bar. 3 fingers lightly supporting it are enough if you are doing it upright enough

Lats popping out when doing front squats

I do crossed arms, but yeh. Got 195 for 2 earlier in the week.

>20 rep sets for legs
that's just cardio, fag.

I hang clean over a bench. 135 isn't all that hard to maintain my grip from the bottom of the hang clean to the bottom of the OHP.

so just trap bar squats ?

You're leaving flexibility so cannot keep your back upright enough. The bar is then trying to fall forward and you're having to stop it with your hands, hence the pain there. Your wrists should just be providing light support to the bar, they shouldn't be keeping the bar in place.