Deadlift vs Squat difficulty

My squat is higher than my deadlift. You guys make it seem like everyones deadlift should be higher, which is odd considering the world record for 1rep max squat is higher than that of the 1rep max for deadlift.

What is your squat and what is your deadlift?

Other urls found in this thread:

strongerbyscience.com/help-squat-catch-deadlift/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The higher squat records are almost always from the use of knee wraps (which aren't used when pulling) or suits (which can be but give way less help). When they're not it's typically in the highest weight classes where a ton of guys are too fat to get into an optimal deadlift position.

99% of the time, if someone has a squat higher than their deadlift and has being training both it's because they cut depth.

it is because on Veeky Forums nobody actually lifts anything, everyones just sort of e statting to look cool
my squat is higher than deadlift as well

Squat lmao 180
Deadlift lmao 290

Didn't squat for a long time / neglected legs due to injury. Just getting back into it. Started deadlifting again few weeks ago. Trying to increase every week now

Don't listen to what people say on this board say. If you are better at squatting, go ahead

I can squat more for reps than I can 1rm on deadlift. Everytime I try deadlifting it just feels awful. Maybe I'll just start exclusively trap bar deadlifting and see if that feels better.
I stopped glute bridging and hip thrusting but both those were over 360 for 5-10 reps when I stopped (I never did both at the same time). Neither helped my deadlift. But I'm pretty sure if I worked at it, I could get both and my squat at 4 plates for reps within 2 months and still fail a 350 deadlift.

Your squat might be higher than your deadlift because of your proportions, technique or if you're not squatting to depth.

PL squat records are generally higher than deadlift ones because they're using equipment. Look up the raw records and you'll see they're very close.

What are your numbers?
Have you tried training deadlifts?

Could be proportions, could be weakness in areas like spinal erectors or traps. Could be your squats are cheaty as fuck. Might be time to *gasp* post a form check on Reddit or something, or consider using straps.

> 115 days of lifting. 750 daily calorie deficit, down from 235 to 205. Squat 280, deadlift 295. No belt, no straps, no knee sleeves, none of that faggot shit. Just

Squat 1RM: 182,5 kg
Deadlift 1RM: 235 kg
You have to take weight classes into account when looking at records. As your weight goes up, all that extra mass gets in the way when you deadlift, but it helps when you squat. There are lighter guys that squats more than they deadlift but it's very uncommon.

Also equipped lifting really fucks up the ratios, a deadlift suit gives you like 20 kg at most while a swuat suit can easily give you 100+ kg.

What if I only do deadlifts and never did squats?

>trap bar deadlifting
Been working great for me

I'm more amazed by how people rarely mention the OHP and when they do it's some pathetic weight compared to the other lifts.

20kg is pretty poor for a deadlift suit. It's not what you can get out of a squat suit or bench shirt but it's pretty rare that someone can't get 10%, generally more if they pull sumo.

Very few people training for strength care that much about OHP. The only sport with some sort of press still in it is Strongman and that's almost always anything goes rather than strict.

There are a variety of reasons for the max squat being higher than the max deadlift. Chief among them is the equipment. A typical equipped squat above 1k has the person in a multiply suit, squat briefs, knee wraps and the monolift is being used. These all help the squatter move more weight with the wearable equipment being able to act as more muscles and the monolift making the unracking of the bar, stance set up, and reracking easier. Meanwhile the equipped deadlift has a deadlift suit that's not nearly as effective as the squat suit because the difference in mechanics, you cannot load the deadlift suit as effectively as the squat suit. Then you look at leverages and see that the people squatting 1k+ are fucking huge, which ends up changing the lift mechanically as well because you can widen your stance even more whereas being that big for the deadlift makes it even harder because your hands are further out, the bar has to travel further, etc. etc. In equipped lifting the squat will always be higher than the deadlift, always. For non-equipped lifters the deadlift will almost always be higher because it recruits more musculature and you can get more out of your muscles for it.

My squat is literally garbage, 2 years for 130 kg squat, at one point my fucking bench was higher than my squat and I trained both at day one.
My Deadlift is 60 kg heavier than my squat.

I'll leave this here: strongerbyscience.com/help-squat-catch-deadlift/

Squat 275
DL 365
OMW to 1/2/3/4 but my squats really bad.

Because it's the hardest lift to improve dumbass.

everyone's DL should be higher than squat

it could be your form on DL is bad or your form on squat significantly reduces the range of motion (wide stance for example). And I think for everyone the squat is harder the lower you go, so if you don't go low enough of course it's easier.

>everyone's DL should be higher than squat

Are you seriously bragging about those lifts?
I hit 4pl8 deadlift in that time.

Trap bar deadlift is where it's at

It's not a race, faggot.

He may have started with a weak deadlift, or he might have a form issue. Or he may just be showing that his deadlift hasn't really pulled away from his squat, which is the subject of this thread.

Fuckin meathead.

I'm pretty sure I could go outside right now after not having done ohp or shoulder work in half a year and throw up 185 at least once on ohp. I don't even think I can 3plate deadlift anymore, but I know I can squat 345 for sets and reps.
Fucking deadlift.