Is it better to be a dyel and know how to fight
or
to be buff but don't know how to fight?
discuss

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PO250chlndI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's better to know how to fight.

the best thing is to feel comfortable in your own skin, if lifting helps you, go lift. If being able to fight helps you. go train boxing/martial arts

if youre older than 18 and worry about being able to empower other people you're not comfortable in your own skin

How many fights have you been in?

Whatever your goals are

being buff

unless you live in some white trash/ghetto neighborhood there is no reason to fight, ever. being buff gives you more benefits in terms of health, appearance and slightly more respect from random people you meet as most people associate a good physique with discipline

i never feel like fighting but i always feel like looking good

would rather get my pretty ass beat than be ugly

Do both? I do martial arts as cardio, more fun than running

Can fight but look dyel pros

> if you get into a fight you can defend yourself

> you don't worry about getting into a fight

Cons

> you're dyel

> You spent years learning how to fight despite the fact that if you're upper working class or higher you will most likely never be in a fist fight.

Be buff pros

>all the positives of being aesthetic

>you're bigger than most people so they won't want to fight you

>if you get into a fight with someone equally as unskilled as you then you'll be able to over power them.
Cons

>If you do get into a fight you'll loose if the other guy can fight.

>if you live around poor people/blacks/gypsys you might have a bad time.

Sauce on op

>if youre older than 18 and worry about being able to empower other people you're not comfortable in your own skin

Why are you asking a board of dyels that don't know how to fight about either of these things?

When was the last time you were in a fight? When was the last time you needed to lift something heavy?

You honestly don't need to know fighting unless you live in a shithole, in which case you'll just got shot or stabbed anyway.

Why not do both.

I do Muay thai as well as lifting. That said, if you ever feel the need to fight on the street, you're probably street yo.

Because someone who doesn't know how to fight might have valuable insight.

If you're older than 15 and not a brainlet, be buff, you won't fight anyone, ever.

>He doesn't know the feel of KNOWING you can physically break 99.9% out there
No one is saying you need to go out and provoke trouble, but youre clearly a little whipped bitch. Combine being confident in your fighting skills and being buff and you got a fucking prime alpha male and it feelsfuckinggreat and people around you notice that confidence.

Or you can learn at least he basics of a martial art like every respectable man did until recently

>MFW I'm both buff and know how to fight

Honestly only reason I'm fit and can fight is because I work at a mental hospital. Let me tell you, Fighting and restraining someone on a 5150 for meth use isn't fucking fun. But it sure does keep you in constant combat mode. Now in public when I hear strange sounds I just assume bad shits about to go down and I become extra alert. That caused me to hit he gym hard for the past 2 years. Combine the endless cycle of dealing with legit psychopaths, working out and taking martial arts and yeah, I'm pretty damn fit and can fight.

b-but t-that could make someone uncomfortable!

ass so fat it looks fake

i wouldnt even mind

What if someone threatens your wife or kids? Fend them off with your sophistication? If you're standing up to fight people can see in your eyes if you're capable. When they look at you they know you're not.

Most old people don't know any martial arts or self defense stuff.

There's a lot of case scenarios in here, but the short answer is, get a weapon/knife, simply.

>get a weapon/knife, simply
>your daughter brings her new boyfriend home
>you see him groping her, she's obviously uncomfortable
>you stab him to death

It was common to at least know grappling through the 50's, if I'm remembering correctly

in any country with conscription all men knew grappling/boxing

did martial arts regularly for a few years and dabbled in boxing when I was younger so I feel as though I know the basics of how to handle a fight. In reality that's all you NEED to know, most people who go around starting fights are drunk and probably know fuck all about martial arts etc so in 99% of cases you'd be able to beat them easily even if you just have a slight understanding of how to fight.

>conscription

You are completly delusional if you believe this, just go outside and ask around.

>excuse me did you train martial arts in military when you were conscripted?
>yes
lol get rekt user

>thinking there's only one way to use a weapon

This. One time, i went with my family to some play or something. It was getting a little too much so we decided to leave. It was kind of funny cause they thought we were leaving cause it was bad. Anyway, it was kind of nice outside so we decided to walk around a bit before heading home, it was, after all, still early in the evening. Out of nowhere, this meth head jumps out and threatens us with a gun, screaming at us to give him our valuables. We were trying, but this asshole shoots my mom and my dad!?!? What the fuck!? It didn't make sense. I knew if only i had my knife on me i easily could've dispatched him and Dave my family... now i roam the streets at night beating up the shim in my city.

If you legitimately train a hard martial art (no aikido wushu bullshido-- BJJ, wrestling, Boxing, Muay Thai or Judo) and you don't eat like utter shit, you won't look DYEL.

Having XBOXHUEG muscles and no athleticism, stamina or fighting ability kinda seems like a waste to me.

user, gramps blasted nips with a Garand, he didn't hit them with karate chops.

>and Dave my family

Damn, if you're still there user you should tell us some loony bin stories.

Pretty boys aren't so pretty with abroken nose and busted teeth.

They still knew rudimentary hand to hand combat but yes, they primarily used their bayonets to make zipperhead kebabs if they got too close.

Sorry to inform you, but it is not correct. Most of drafted personnel there does not get much hand-to-hand combat training. If some faggot injures himself somewhat severely (i.e.gets some bone(s) broken), drill sergeant will get in a lot of trouble. Only those who get into elite branches actually learn something about martial arts, and it is like 5% of the whole draft.

what's a hard martial art in your opinion?

This. Fighting gives better benefits in 3rd world hellholes, being buff gets better social gains in civilized countries.

what about 2nd world countries
?

outside of professional fighting and defending yourself from a violent drunk the act of fighting itself is very childish and usually started by insecure people. If you ever get strong enough to hurt somebody its not worth fighting as you can accidentally kill people then have to live with that on your concious forever

Depends on if you're planning to get in a fight or not

>fighting fair
top kek! buff ass nigga with the pocket sand,water bottle nut kick combo technique for me

Knowing how to fight is pointless unless fighting is your career. I've said it before and I'll say it again until you autists understand it - Life if fragile. You can spend decades mastering multiple martial arts disciplines, but all it takes is a shove, a fall, and hitting your head to kill you instantly. Buy a gun for self-defense or don't get into fights in the first place. If a fight is unavoidable, hit first and go for the crotch and eyes.

>not fighting your bros to gain their respect and raise in the hierarchy
wew lad

I don't understand why americlaps bother to learn how to fight. All it takes is one gorilla to pull out a gun and years of training just went right out the window.

Would you try fighting pic related or some dyel, manlet boxer? There's your answer.
Also, only poor/stupid people fight.

It mostly depends on how much type ll fast-twitch muscle fiber you have.

more fast twitch = better natural puncher

why do you guys wanna know how to fight so much, ive been boxing and doing muay thai for years and it never changed anything in my life, never even ever got into a street fight

how is he gonna fight me while holding a barbell over his head like that?

>daughters bf disrespects her in your home
>pull out a knife, indirectly threatening his life and making yourself look like a psychopath

>guy in club queue believes you cut in line, shoves you and won't stop even though you're trying to de-escalate the situation
>pull out a gun, everybody starts screaming and running, five patrolling cop cars are called to the premises, club has to shut down for the night

>you're flirting with a gang of grills at a bar and some autistic tough guy wants to out-alpha you and slaps you
>oh fuck you have no weapon to protect yourself with
>break your beer bottle against the bar like in a movie, dude runs away, girls think you're a psychopath
>you also have to pay $1000 to the establishment because you chipped the marble on the counter

>Charlie Zelenoff is at your gym and has decided he wants to spar with you
>spend years in prison because you caved in the skull of a mentally disabled person using the ez-bar

Hmm if only there was something one could learn in order to comfortably being able to dominate situations like these without escalating them into potential homicides

>you get to choose who to fight
youtube.com/watch?v=PO250chlndI

>go for the crotch and eyes.
t. soyboy who has never fought

his first mistake was not taking the fight to the ground where he would have the weight advantage

> If a fight is unavoidable, hit first and go for the crotch and eyes.

Lmao, this guy

Unless you're a nigger, spic or white trash, there is no reason to fight ever. Just don't be poor and don't live in a shithole neighborhood.

Depends on how skillful you are as a fighter. A 5.5 flyweight with a mean punch can knock out a 6 foot retard who hasnt been in a fight in his life. It all depends. If your 6ft 170pounds and you are a pretty good fighter not much is gonna scare you. (Unless its a bigger guy who is also a fighter but the chances are slim running into one)

who the hell is this

If you are attractive and go to bars which have a lot of dudebros you are gonna get tested. Have plenty of friends or build a reputation and you will be left alone

> Just fight like a girl

Have some fucking guts man. I'm humiliated for you.

fighting is retarded anyway and if you're big less people would want to start shit with you.

Why not look intimidating and be a good fighter too?

Also that fucking female in your picture.....Jesus man I pray for a female like that.

This. I'm a tall white guy and have never been in a fight since elementary school. Mexicans won't fight me because they're all midgets. Blacks won't fight me because they'd probably get shot by a cop.

Better to have qt gf

it's easy not to get into fights if you never go out clubbing user

What's your obsession with having a daughter?

ITT BUNCH OF NIGGERS.

LMFAO, PEOPLE EXSPECIALLY GIRLS DONT CARE ABOUT FIGHTING. ITS ALL ABOUT LOOKS. ONLY HOODRATS CARE ABOUT DEFENDING THEMSELVES.

IF YOU HAVE THE NEED TO LEARN TO FIGHT YOU SHOULD STOP TRYING TO BE A NIGGER AND ACCEPT ITS NOT 1800s ANYMORE. ITS 2K18 THE MODER WORLD YOU DONT FIGHT FOR SHIT ANYMORE.

GG TRYING TO PROVE SOME PRICK FROM A BAR THAT YOU ARE A TOUGH GUY, MEANWHILE HE KNOCKS YOU OUT WITH A BASEBALL BAT AND HIS FRIENDS JUMP YOUR HEAD.

WOOHOO

fighting is for niggers and children

which are you?

I'll just apply a gentle rear naked choke on you in front of the girls when we're on a party to assert dominance :3 nothing personal bro, just have to keep group hierarchy in check so you don't act up

>caring about needing to know how to fight

this board really is full of children. what are you worried about, gettin in bar fights or frat house fight, you faggot

That was a pretty poor form choke. He grabbed his wrist and didn't slide his hand behind the guy's head. I'm surprised it still worked

>Wh*tes chimping out.
What a surprise.

>those terrible punches
Why does anyone need to learn how to fight when you can win a fight with literally zero skill?

Having muscles and not knowing how to fight is worse than not having muscles and not knowing how to fight. If you have muscles, people who do know how to fight will be willing to try you where they would not be willing to try a dyel. You get no street cred for beating up someone who doesn't lift, but you do get credit for beating up someone who looks tough, regardless of if they actually are or not.

For example, this guy would still be alive if he was dyel. The fighter only fought him because he was a powerlifter and by beating him he gets street cred and pussy

That guy died because being a retarded thug is a huge part of Russian culture. He HAD to fight that guy because walking away makes him a faggot.

It's dumb advice anyway. The eyes are a tiny target, there's no way you will quickly shoot your fingers into them and actually hit. If you try with a fist you're gonna MAYBE hit his face with a shitty, untrained jab. Same goes for the crotch, it's far away from both your hands and feet. Everybody thinks they have great aim until they find out the fucking don't. You're gonna miss and as with going for the eyes, all you're doing is ANNOYING a guy who is already set on beating you up. It's just stupid.

Wise user is wise

he died because that idiot didn't know when to back off and kept pounding him when he was already on the ground

Looks like Tyron Woodley fighting.
>just land dat overhand right

He was probably dead before that. Most of the time when people die from a fight it is when they hit their head on the ground. The fall from the second kick is what likely did him in

/thread

what do you have to hold during a choke if not the wrist

>empower
Do you mean overpower? Because empower is literally the opposite and sounds like you don't speak English.

Your deltoid, with the other hand. Make a little triangle with the forearm of your left arm behind the guy's neck.

ty will try with my mom

Bicep or triceps if you can reach. I've never heard of or seen anyone in my gym grab their delt like says

Searched for more info about this.
the other guy was a MMA fighter so no fucking shit he won.

>one trains to lift heavy weights
>other to fight other people
gee I wonder who has advantage.

>wh*tes
is this some kind of meme for niggers?

also
>chimping out
heh the irony

How often do grown men really get in fights? Im not bashing MMA, boxing, etc because they're all very cool sports and would be fun hobbies if I had the time but it's just not as enticing to me. If you're an American you can just carry a gun. A grown man doesn't get into bar fights and if you really need to protect yourself you can learn how to shoot and defend yourself with a gun which is 100 times more effective.

>A grown man doesn't get into bar fights
but I have to go to a bar when my friends want to and there's always someone with an attitude

Who?

my gf

No it litterally doesn't, Shakespeare.

Well then grow the fuck up and don't take the bait. Or just stop going to bars you're getting in fights at. I don't get in fights at bars. If you're getting in fights it's because you also have an attitude and an ego that won't let you walk away.

stop going to shit bars you dumb groid. I have never seen a barfight after college.

I don't think I've ever seen a professional fighter who looks dyel
at minimum they are shredded

alright that last one made me kek

>be a dyel and live around niggers
>be at natty limit and not life with niggers
thinkingemoji.jpg

If you don't know how to fight it's generally a good idea to start running if you're matched up against someone that can kick higher than his waist.