Plg

60lbs on your total in a year. Buy the book edition.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/CuZIKrJBT8A
eleikoshop.com/products/eleiko-leather-pulling-straps
youtu.be/UYOJuKznKmw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for i miss trapy chan!

is there any particular vendor PLG gets their straps/chalk from? dont mind spending some money for quality products

Second for eat more

for anyone new/wondering:

5/3/1 is, in fact, dog shit. it's a hot new meme to post about it for shits and giggles. do not take it seriously. jim wendler is a known roid shitter/confirmed huckster.

You mean on your squat, right? 60lbs on your squat? Tell me no one is this foolish to only put 60lbs on their total?

will my bench/deadlift increase faster if i remove squats from my programming

wow fucking based lad

Start light. Progress slowly. Consistency is key.

probably but why wouldn't do the best lift known to man ?

Unless you're over 350 wilks, you don't need to be on a hyper specific powerlifting program. I am over 400 Wilks and I still use 5-3-1 variants

t. sub 400 wilks

What do you do when your bench feels like total garbage? Even 135 feels like shit now, I feel disconnected from both the bar and the bench, and it feels like an injury is imminent on every rep.
Do I just take a break from it?

What happened to silent mikes back? Nigga cant fucking lift too, this sport is such a joke.
Train years to then hurt your back and you cant squat an deadlift at all, wow.

>tfw no squat rack

>do i just take a break from it

Worst thing you could do

Need to work on setup and getting more stability

Learn to set up properly on the bench, so tight its uncomfortable

Train your rear delts hard and often, they will come up quick and you will feel immovable on the bench and the descent will feel controlled and tight

no point in lifting anymore senpai

>Need to work on setup and getting more stability
>Learn to set up properly on the bench, so tight its uncomfortable
Yeah that's where the problem lies, the tighter I try to get the more pain I'm in. If I don't get my feet back my ass comes off the bench, but as I put them further and further back I get pain and cramps in my hip flexors and lower back. So I can't use my legs to stay tight without pain so it's like I'm benching off a waterbed.

I've elevated my feet so it's a bit easier, but it's still not enough. I suppose I have to stretch and foam roll the shit out of my quads/hip flexors.

law of accomodation

change up the bench variation for a while

>law of accomodation
Not at 135 bench.

135lbs?

any thoughts on Candito 6 weeks program? I do 1/2/3/4 for reps @190lbs, thinking about switching from SS in a month

Didn't he do stupid shit like searcher deadlift?

Good for lower, not great for upper

Zercher*

I suppose I have to stretch and foam roll the shit out of my quads/hip flexor

I drive all day and have really tight hips and quads and had no issues once i was taught to set up properly

>switching from SS

texas method if you want to be a squat hero and nothing else

c6w if you want to get a bit better at squat/deadlift

v o l u m e for bench press, period

c6w is garbage, here is why;

its block periodization. I mean no really; its 2 week of volume followed by 3 weeks of peaking. essentially wasting 3 weeks unless you got a comp coming up but if you do then why the fk are you running c6w (lmaoing @ ur life)

you dont need a ''program'', you could keep doing SS forever youd just need to make some adjustments

Zercher deadlifts aren't stupid

They are if you have zero thoracic extension issues

>2 week of volume followed by 3 weeks of peaking. essentially wasting 3 weeks unless you got a comp coming up
Will you start tripping as "VolumeNigger"?

literally just run c6w without the peaking shit and replace the benching stuff

enjoy your 15 lbs squat gains bud

100% correct friend
Im actually running an adjusted SS routine atm

>Zercher deadlifts aren't stupid
If you like fucking around for your own enjoyment, then sure.

If you're trying to actually get strong, you have to work consistently. Nothing wrong with a conventional deadluft.

i will trip once i hit 450 wilks. Relative to the people here I know a decent amount about programming

well he is right and also this is a reason why c6w is great for gdes.

Wendler likes zerchers mate you fucked up the meme

I'm doing them for grappling and fun. I'm not a powerlifter though, my training isn't just to be strong at the big three.
I just want a retardedly strong back too desu, I have a job where I have to use it in awkward positions as well.

Keep applying that pressure to your spine, you'll join silent mike soon enough.

Did he?
Doubt that caused his injury though.
It's just that lowbar squatting and deadlifting are so taxing on your spine that you will eventually get hurt

You can't get strong without getting owies it's the nature of things whether it's mma type training, team sports or powerlifting.

If I don't have a meet for a long time so I'm not going to bother peaking, should I just repeatedly run the first 2 weeks of c6w? Are there other routines more suited to this? Will I overdo it/get injured?

t. Programming brainlet

ask for the c6w volume extended pic someone will post it

i just benched 315 am i strong

here the template someone posted for stretching out c6w. although I think cavi and user are wrong about the other three weeks being useless. I think weeks 3+4 are more like a strength phase and 5 is testing your max for the next cycle. I think you should do pic then the last 3 weeks of the program normally

also why has there been so much anti c6w shit lately. it was the go to program not too long agao

Stronger than you were, weaker than you will be.

depends whether it was kg or not

Block periodization essentially is garbage

concurrent training is the way to go

wow brah that was deep. I've actually benched it before but it was with bad form ass off bench etc. I kept my ass on bench this time but i bounced a little so it probably wouldnt of got white lights. I wasn't really expecting to get it with though because i've been doing nuckols bench program which doesnt really have much work above 85%. Still happy tho

pls no bully

>Block periodization essentially is garbage

Is Haack still natty?

do the volume template from user I did something similar and saw decent results

it still is the go to program after ss imo for lower

people need to realize that the best way to run programs is to take the parts that work for them rather than being a cookie cutter

>did 4x8 beltless today because I was embarrassed doing 65% with a belt
REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Funny how youre some gde who fell for the 'train with science' meme while the strongest dudes train everything all the time

lets say youre a 400 squatter. You do block training. First block is accumulation; you peak the volume to 25 reps at 80% which equals 8000 pounds of volume. Good now youre fatigued. Now you start a transmutationx block. You reduce the volume to 6000 pounds and you start peaking the intensity to 90%. now youre just regaining the strength you lost during the accumulation block. Great. Afyer that you reduce the volume to 3000 piunfs and from there close to zero while training above 90%. Now youre maintaining your strength that you lost and then regained while losing muscle mass

Goos job. Now youre the gde

TM is the best program for squats after ss. and c6w doesnt work well for DL in my experience anyway

>Chemist
not at all he probably makes his own gear

congrats here is my (you)

>TM

lmao enjoy squatting fahves the rest of your life

I use the eleiko leather straps. Highly recommend leather pulling straps. For chalk I just get the bison chalk ball from rogue.

>quality
>chalk
Is this the epitome of more money than sense?

>Fahves
Confirmed for never having read the books

not at all
when SBD release their chalk you wont even need to grip the bar

Will it be plazma (tm) infused?

Is it possible to combine c6w with Nuckols 1x DL intermediate. Been seeing good dl gains (230 kg pull) on it and c6w seems pretty low in direct dl volume.

Almost 5 months into memeburn lad gonna make memeburn great again. Although dunno how you ran it with a cut I started a mini cut last week and 170kg 8x2 skwaats drained me.

sbd is tightly related with ipf

literally what Im doing, but I dont agree about it being less volume as long as youre doing a close variation. I like 1xint because I cant handle the higher frequency and volume

Probably, but you'd have to be careful when you deadlift on week 2. There's a good reason he only has variants for that week.

Mirin gains, and yeah it was pretty hard, probably why squats dropped off first. Bench and dead were relatively cake though

In the market for some new squat shoes. Have skinny feet but wide toes.
Leaning towards Reebok Legacy Lifters, since they look like they have a wider toe box than Nike Romaleos or Adidas Adipowers.
Thots?

Never ran 531 itself, but the principles are sound.

Start light, progress slowly, work on rep maxes rather than 1rm, do lots of explosive work, do lots of conditioning, etc

Even if you don't do 531 but follow those principles you will be well off

>thots

but I dont think it matter that much lad. youre not going to be moving around in them

Roger, I really just want to make sure that my toes arent cramped up in the front of the shoe. It makes me feel more stable when I can spread my toes.

ive got romaleos 2, have lasted maybe 5 years so far, were one of the few wide toe box shoe of choice at the time
i love them but they are the only ones ive had

youtu.be/CuZIKrJBT8A
so do I only need to run SS then TM to get this big and strong? I'm 5'6 and have barely 6 inch wrists if that matters

i thought he went to compete in untested meets?

i have wide feet and just got adipowers. I love them

you wont know how things will go until you do it
just get stated on the the path of strength and see where you end up

I never get these questions If someone would tell you no, would you instead just sit whither your thumb up your ass and watch tv/play games ?

give me a new routine that will increase my bench and ohp

no

Depends on what you've come off. Unironically I did 5/3/1 with first set last on alternating days, but did a press 3x a week, so I'd PR roughly every 2 weeks minimum I'd find. After that I did Nuckol's 3x int bench, with OHP as light assistance work which was fine as well. I'd generally say the carryover from bench to ohp is much higher than the other way round - I do much less dedicated heavy ohp training and it's progressing with my bench.

Make sure you're doing your 50 reps of triceps and upper back 3x week as well

I haven’t desu

anyone have experience running madcow? I ran it a long time ago and made shitty progress and stalled a bunch but it's probably because I fucked something up myself. I want to give it another shot but want other people's input first

You're supposed to cycle through rep ranges on ID, 1x5 -> 2x3 -> 3x2 -> 5x1, and you don't need to do a 5x5 for VD

I've never ran it but it's really low volume and you'd be better off running a different intermediate program

eh sounds like peaking to me

"madcow" is based - heavily - on Bill Starr's book "The Strongest Shall Survive: Strength Training for Football." It's a good starter or early intermediate strength program aimed at team sport athletes who have little time for the weightroom, and as such, is decent.

BFS aka BiggerFasterStronger, which is the program that Wendler ripped off and neutered to "create" "5/3/1," is a better athletics program than Starr's original, or than "madcow." It's used by thousands of high schools and hundreds of colleges and supports both beginner and intermediate progression through autoregulated work sets and weekly undulating periodization.

Pic related. Select the right accessories and maybe swap the cleans for ohp, and BFS makes a good pl program.

stop doing 5/3/1

You sound really smart. What is your total and bodyweight?

>you don't need to do a 5x5 for VD?

What then? 6x4 possible?

4 day texas method is the best version.

It's literally a DUP that involves weekly peaking, 3x int med bench is similar

6x4, 8x3, whatever you want as long as it's reasonable

so what I gather is day 1 squat & bench, day 2 ohp & dl, day 3 squat & bench again, throw in some high-rep accessories and in terms of weight, go by feel as long as you hit the required set & rep range? Do you amrap the last sets?

eleikoshop.com/products/eleiko-leather-pulling-straps

?

i will buy.thank you

Mine are white, but those are the ones.

youtu.be/UYOJuKznKmw

Dave Tates advice for beginner powerlifters.

TL:DR, beginners nowadays are weak faggots.

Wow something we all know ! Wow user !

Adipowers literally are the narrowest out of Nike Reebok and adidas. I have pretty narrow feet and the adipowers fit me perfectly

Eleiko's magnesium blocks are pretty good and pricey. Firmer than some climber's chalk block I've tried (Mammut or something I think).

Are you the trip with the sub 3plate squat, the sub 3plate bench, or the sub 3plate deadlift?

It's hard to keep all the weak ones straight.

projections

how do you know if you're intermediate

my lifts are pretty shit and i'm wondering if I should just hop back onto a linear program like SS or SL. 5rms are 115/160/215/265