Testmaxxing General

>researchers found after 2 weeks of drinking pure pomegranate juice, the participants testosterone levels increased by 24% on average
>systolic and diastolic blood pressure dropped by a 20% on average
>3 years of drinking 1.7 ounces of pomegranate juice daily reduced arterial plaque by a 35%
>prevents test from being converted into estrogen

You bois ready for the next big meme?

endocrine-abstracts.org/ea/0028/ea0028p313.htm
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15158307
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2805471/

Other urls found in this thread:

lmgtfy.com/?q=proliferation
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3074486/
lmgtfy.com/?q=confirmation bias
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21497497
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24639774
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24565563
everydaymale.com/foods-that-boost-testosterone-levels/
researchgate.net/profile/Emad_Al-Dujaili/publication/275716515_Pomegranate_juice_intake_enhances_salivary_testosterone_levels_and_improves_mood_and_well_being_in_healthy_men_and_women/links/59ba52f0a6fdcc687234a156/Pomegranate-juice-intake-enhances-salivary-testosterone-levels-and-improves-mood-and-well-being-in-healthy-men-and-women.pdf
anabolicmen.com/foods-that-boost-testosterone-naturally/
anabolicmen.com/anti-estrogenic-foods/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

pomegranate/onion shakes?

Doesn't matter, you are still a pussy for drinking this soyboy-tier drink

You are a retard
>third source
>Inhibition of testosterone-induced cell proliferation was observed
>hurr durr blocking testosterone is gud

"testosterone-induced cell proliferation" = conversion of test to estrogen you dummy.

No you dumb nigger
"aromatase activity" is conversion of test to estrogen, which is a separate variable they were testing. Pomegranate juice will block the conversion of testosterone into estrogen AND block testosterone-based cell "proliferation" (read: growth).

No you dummy, the testosterone-based cell proliferation IS the aromatase activity, i.e. it's the test being converted into estrogen.

You need to look up the definition of proliferation. Here, lemme help you with that.
lmgtfy.com/?q=proliferation
Cell proliferation means cell growth and reproduction. What the study says is that cellular reproduction that was induced (that means "caused", you stupid porch monkey) by testosterone was "inhibited" (that means "blocked" you asinine moon cricket).

I know what proliferate means you retard, the point is it's being prevented from being converted to estrogen in volume.

A lot of sugar, though. Maybe as a PWO?

Yeah it's a lot of fucking sugar. I just take it out of my other carbs.

>cell proliferation
>CELL proliferation
>CELL
>cell
>hurr durr that means testosterone proliferation right?
Read the god damn abstract. They are specifically talking about breast cancer cell proliferation and pomegranate juice's effect on it. What they don't mention is the side effect of pomegranate juice stopping proliferation means stopping normal cell proliferation too.

I give up, enjoy your soy retard.

Pomegtanates actually have mutiple human studies with positive results, unlike onions

Proliferation does not mean "conversion in volume" you lobotomized pavement ape, it means reproduction. Even if you somehow believe "cell proliferation" means "testosterone proliferation" then what that statement means is "hey we found out that pomegranate juice prevents production of testosterone". Read a book nigger.

>retard who posts studies that counter what he says calls someone who read the studies and called him out on it a retard
I swear Veeky Forums needs a brainlet pit

see

Muscle cells don't proliferate, they just increase in size. An example of testosterone induced cell proliferation would be benign prostate hyperplasia.

>unlike onions
Onions have a study showing it works as a aromatase inhibitor in humans.
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3074486/

*an aromatase

t. cuck

who /garlic/ here?

Interesting, thank you

This is basically what onionbro's before and after test reflects.

>tfw raw onion, pomegranate juice, eurycoma longifolia, AND 8 or more hours of sleep

u jelly brehs?

Good. Please give up and take this obviously poorly-thought-out post to the trash you African hooligan.

>muscle cells don't proliferate, they just increase in size
>implying you are born with the exact same muscular structure you will have at age 70
No, that's not how biology works. The muscle fibers are fusions of "satellite cells" onto existing muscle fibers. Even heart cells multiply, albeit slowly, and almost at the same rate that they die at.

>eurycoma longifolia

I've used it before to increase libido, didn't know it increased test as well. It certainly worked though, after about a week I was jacking off 2-4 times a day. But it's fucking expensive as shit, that's the problem.

SE Asian aphrodisiac. Most aphrodisiacs increase test

literally a sugar pill

this shit is expensive, a fist size onion costs a dime where I'm at

>hurr durr it does nothing i didn't read the op

Yep, I wish I could find it in bulk for cheaper. Best I could get around here was $8 for a 48oz. About 6oz per dollar.

t. didn't read the sources or the thread and just believed op
OP is a faggot

lmgtfy.com/?q=confirmation bias

just USE FUCKING NOLVADEX ONCE IN A WHILE

You guys are all retards. Put a tsp of tumeric into your brotein shake.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21497497
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24639774
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24565563

First study:
>Salivary testosterone levels increased significantly after 1 and 2 weeks following PJ intake in both men and women [daily average in men from 242.1±67.7 to 296.1±90.1, P=0.001 (1 week) to 298.4±79.9pg/mL, P

Yeah and how do you get that you faggot?

How much are you supposed to drink a day?

>salivary testosterone levels
>meaningful
>your quote of the third study doesn't contradict mine
YES it inhibits aromatase. That was the other variable they tested. It ALSO inhibits testosterone-induced cell proliferation. Read more carefully. What it says is that both estrogen and testosterone are blocked. Drink pomegranate juice if you want to become asexual.

>implying increased salivary testosterone levels aren't meaningful
>meaningful in that there's less testosterone in your endocrine system where it should be because it's been fucking blocked from binding to receptors due to excessive consumption of pomegranate juice

>The purpose of this study was to investigate the antiaromatase activity and inhibition of testosterone-induced breast cancer cell proliferation by ET-derived compounds isolated from pomegranates. A panel of 10 ET-derived compounds including ellagic acid, gallagic acid, and urolithins A and B (and their acetylated, methylated, and sulfated analogues prepared in our laboratory) were examined for their ability to inhibit aromatase activity and testosterone-induced breast cancer cell proliferation.

tl;dr You're all fucking retarded. It's not inhibiting the proliferation of testosterone, it's inhitbiting the proliferation of breast cancer cells that were induced by testosterone. And conversion of testosterone to estrogen.

It’s actually incredibly easy, i bought 50 pills last weekend

>In the cell, testosterone is converted to estrogen via a reaction catalyzed by the aromatase enzyme; therefore we investigated the inhibition of both estrogen and testosterone-induced proliferation by ET-derived compounds in the MCF-7aro cell line. Results against testosterone-induced proliferation showed that UB had the highest antiproliferative activity at all test concentrations (p ≤ 0.01), which would be expected as it was the most effective inhibitor of aromatase using the in-cell assay. GA had the second highest activity (p ≤ 0.01), UBS, UA and MUB showed a mild response (p ≤ 0.01) (Figure 4A).

Test is converted to estrogen in a cell. One of the functions of estrogen is cell proliferation, it's not like estrogen is the opposite of testosterone or something, they're not a feminine equivalent of test. It prevents testosterone based proliferation by preventing test from being aromatized into estrogen, as it is an aromatase inhibitor. It does not reduce test.

soyboy

see

There are several things wrong with what you just said.
1. Testosterone does not reproduce. It does not proliferate.
2. The study REPORTS that it inhibits proliferation of breast cancer cells. However, they ignore the proliferation of normal cells because that's just not what the fucking study is about.
3. Normal breast cells are almost indistinguishable from cancer cells except for their excessive reproduction. They don't have some special pomegranate juice receptor that causes pomegranate juice to ONLY stop proliferation of cancer cells. Notice that nowhere in the study does the study say that it ONLY stops proliferation of cancer cells. It stops proliferation of normal cells that is induced by testosterone. We're not arguing about breast cancer here, we're arguing about the beneficial effects of testosterone.
4. Yes, it blocks aromatase activity. It ALSO blocks testosterone activity, which is the problem.

Your critical thinking skills are lacking, but I appreciate that you at least took the time to read the study.

It is an aromatase inhibitor AND a testosterone blocker at the same time. See

>1. Testosterone does not reproduce. It does not proliferate.

I never said it did you blithering retard, it's the breast cancer cells that proliferate.

>2. The study REPORTS that it inhibits proliferation of breast cancer cells. However, they ignore the proliferation of normal cells because that's just not what the fucking study is about.

That is completely fucking irrelevant to the top at hand.

>3. Normal breast cells are almost indistinguishable from cancer cells except for their excessive reproduction. They don't have some special pomegranate juice receptor that causes pomegranate juice to ONLY stop proliferation of cancer cells. Notice that nowhere in the study does the study say that it ONLY stops proliferation of cancer cells. It stops proliferation of normal cells that is induced by testosterone. We're not arguing about breast cancer here, we're arguing about the beneficial effects of testosterone.

You have zero proof.

>4. Yes, it blocks aromatase activity. It ALSO blocks testosterone activity, which is the problem.

Again, you have zero proof.

see

nope

>that is completely fucking irrelevant to the top at hand
No you retard the breast cancer portion is irrelevant.
>you have zero proof
No you Zimbabwean gorilla, the article IS the proof. There are no special pomegranate binders inside your cells that magically prevent cancer. The study mentions that testosterone-induced cell proliferation is inhibited. Let me spell it out for you.
That means "cell growth caused by testosterone is stopped". Nowhere in that statement is the word "cancer" mentioned, because it's not specific to cancer. You have been guided into thinking that ONLY the cancer cells are blocked from proliferation because you failed to read carefully. The study does not mention that only the cancer cells were stopped. It DOES mention that all cells were blocked from proliferation. Read a book, nigger.

I don’t know any drug dealers

>The study REPORTS that it inhibits proliferation of breast cancer cells. However, they ignore the proliferation of normal cells because that's just not what the fucking study is about.
>No you retard the breast cancer portion is irrelevant.

Literally contradicting yourself now.

>No you Zimbabwean gorilla, the article IS the proof. There are no special pomegranate binders inside your cells that magically prevent cancer. The study mentions that testosterone-induced cell proliferation is inhibited. Let me spell it out for you.
That means "cell growth caused by testosterone is stopped". Nowhere in that statement is the word "cancer" mentioned, because it's not specific to cancer. You have been guided into thinking that ONLY the cancer cells are blocked from proliferation because you failed to read carefully. The study does not mention that only the cancer cells were stopped. It DOES mention that all cells were blocked from proliferation. Read a book, nigger.

The ONLY thing the study proves is that pomegranate juice stops the proliferation of testosterone-induced breast-cancer cells and acts as aromatize inhibitor. That's it. Literally everything else is your own unsubstantiated, unscientific assumptions.

wrong. It blocks estrogenic proliferation. Estrogen causes breast cell proliferation and little else. It does this by blocking testosterone from being aromatized into estrogen, as it is an aromatase inhibitor. You fucking "Zimbabwean gorilla" read a book nigger. Or just read the study, it's right there.

To clarify:
Yes, the title and abstract define breast cancer cells as the focus of the study. However, they did not test on a sample of 100% breast cancer cells because that's impossible. A surgically-removed tumor would not survive on its own. The substance tested in the study affects ALL cells, but the study only reports on the effect on cancer cells because that's what the study focuses on.

see

>The ONLY thing the study proves is that pomegranate juice stops the proliferation of testosterone-induced breast-cancer cells and acts as aromatize inhibitor.
God damn it there you go again with your selective comprehension. NO. That is what the study is focused on. It says, word-for-word "Inhibition of testosterone-induced cell proliferation was observed". Not "inhibition of testosterone-induced CANCER cell proliferation", but just "cell proliferation".
This is straight out of the study, not my own claims.

>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3074486/
this, v interesting

You are arguing with a Jew who has been paid to post this. He cannot fathom that he is wrong, because he has been paid to do it. Everyone else in this thread can clearly see the results of the study do not prove testosterone increase. Despite your substantial proof, this Jew will leave today and come back tomorrow making the exact same claims, because that is what he is paid to do. This happens all the time on /pol/.

testosterone induced cell proliferation means the testosterone is aromatized in the cell into estrogen. Testosterone does not cause cell proliferation. That is not one of its functions. Estrogen does, in the breast. This is why roiders get gyno. When they say it inhibits testosterone induced cell proliferation, that means it stops testosterone from becoming estrogen, in the breast. Which also means that it stops gyno, and yes breast cancer.

fuck off kike

Yeah I kinda figured since he was making the same arguments over and over again without actually reading either the study or my posts. Thanks. Saged and reported for advertisement I guess.

*whips out garlic cloves*

Hold on, why exactly would someone get paid to post studies from years ago about pomegranate juice on Veeky Forums? You really think (((Big Pom))) cares if 50 faggots from /fit buy their juice? This is the most pathetic damage control I've heard.

The same reason Monster stock went up 5% the day it started being shilled on Veeky Forums.

right, but that's just memes. There are studies here saying something interesting and useful, and for some reason that means it's all shills. The studies must be fake.

Jesus fucking christ can you science nerds just come together and agree and tell me if pomegranate juice will be good for test gains or not

Yes it is. The other guy is literally arguing against what the studies say.

Yup. Furthermore it's an aromatase inhibitor so less estrogen. And decreases blood pressure. At least that's what the studies show

Thanks science bros, I'll add pomegranate juice to my diet now

how much to drink?

Just got some pomegranate juice and tried it with a bit of lime juice. Was p gud desu.

For the 35% reduction in arterial plaq you only need 1.7 ounces per day. For the 24% test boost and blood pressure drop it doesn't say as far as I can tell, which is absolutely infuriating.

Just searched up and this site says that there was an experiment where it boosted test, they had a glass a day:

everydaymale.com/foods-that-boost-testosterone-levels/

I got increased libido from 1 glass, but that's just me

So 8 ounces, maybe?

Found a presentation that the professor of the study made. The people in the study had the full 500ml bottle.

researchgate.net/profile/Emad_Al-Dujaili/publication/275716515_Pomegranate_juice_intake_enhances_salivary_testosterone_levels_and_improves_mood_and_well_being_in_healthy_men_and_women/links/59ba52f0a6fdcc687234a156/Pomegranate-juice-intake-enhances-salivary-testosterone-levels-and-improves-mood-and-well-being-in-healthy-men-and-women.pdf

>to assess whether
consumption of pomegranate fruit juice (RJ Foods, UK: 100% fruit
juice, 500mL/day)

So about a pint, or 16 ounces, for us burgers. Fug man, I can't afford this shit.

Yeah it's about £3 a bottle in the UK fuk

goys if you find a relatively cheap place to order pomegranate juice in bulk let me know ;~;

Just eat whole pomegranates you fucking nigger.

you can buy pomegranate concentrate supplements, might look into that

m80 that's even more expensive. I do like them tho

I wasn't aware, I'll have to check that out. Thanks user.

4-5 cloves a day. I kinda them then let them sit for 10 minutes. Then eat them mixed in spoon of coconut oil. Not sure if I should be eating this much or more garlic. But I do feel really good energy mood and clarity wise.

>trusting any science from Israel

>What dumb shit are we gonna make them buy this week, Jeff?
>Who cares these retards will buy anything, Steven.
Hebrew cackling in the distance

why is it always "energy levels and clarity" or something to that effect.

that's what test does

anabolicmen.com/foods-that-boost-testosterone-naturally/
anabolicmen.com/anti-estrogenic-foods/
Wtf this guy seems to have known about all these high test foods for so long

Low test makes people low energy and groggy.

Also I stopped eating garlic for 1 week because i was lazy to buy. But I started again and it hits hard. Gonna quit smoking now

cottage cheese will boost my test right bros

I quit cold turkey about 4 months ago after smoking a pack a day for 10 years.
So far easy-peasy. It seems incredible to me now, why I ever smoked.
The actual physical addiction is gone after a few days (slightly unpleasant feeling in the chest, that's it). Then it's merely a question of thinking differently. When it comes down to it, it's just a habit like any other.