Veeky Forumss opinion on Keto diet?

Veeky Forumss opinion on Keto diet?

Seems easy and fun, Im just scared of the times where I need to go out drinking with friends, heard the hangovers are a bitch

Other urls found in this thread:

health.usnews.com/best-diet/best-diets-overall
authoritynutrition.com/23-studies-on-low-carb-and-low-fat-diets/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>easy
>fun

not sure where you got that info from, keeping under 15 grams of carbs a day to stay in ketosis is difficult if you don't have everything prepared. Prepare yourself for massive cravings when your body transitions to run on ketones.

I make everything in batches, so its easy to have everything at hands (chicken, ground beef, cauliflower pure etc, eggs, etc). Havent felt any cravings yet, might come :)

Literally the worst diet out there. Worse than Whole 30, veganism, literally any of them are better.

health.usnews.com/best-diet/best-diets-overall

The definitive answer is that it is good for weight loss, not for anything else.

cocaine is keto friendly

is it a ketone? no it's an aldehyde.

Keto is easy enough. I wouldnt call if fun but it is fun to lose the weight. Just don't get hammered, drink plenty of water, eat a little before you go out, pay attention to the amount of what your drinking and you will be fine.

also for periods of intense mental exercise.
It's incredible how good it has been for me during finals to be able to study/work long periods nonstop

It's a good "diet", but its not sustainable.

Calories in vs calories out

just go for hard liquor and 30g net carbs is fine just be sure to get it only from nuts and veggies

that thing is such a meme, look at how they rank them and what "experts reviews" actually are and you are gonna have a laugh.
it is sustainable but most lifters that adopt it pair it with IF and carbload before a strength workout. For me it's more sustainable than a normal diet as it removes all cravings and all hunger.

You would not believe the number of "expert dieticians" who have brought out "Keto" diet books this year.
>(sound of someone rubbing hands)

I get non-obese people and people over 55 way out of shape looking for "you got any Keto books ?". These sheep have no idea about the urine strips, about the psychological effects, about the frequent eating and discipline involved.

Too many authors confusing the populace.

I have not done any Keto stuff ; I stick with meat and veggies 90% of the time. Workers make fun of my cauli/broc/carrot lunches.

>t. bookstore worker wageslave

keto is a bitch if you have to work a normal job, just do intermittent fasting. you'll get used to 19-20 hours fasting per day pretty quickly with similar results.

frequent eating and keto? huh?
Also what psychological effects, you mean benefits for epilepsy or autism or what?

I work a desk job and keto works for me, why is it bad for you?

that's what i do except i net 20g of carbs

I've been wanting to try it, but haven't done much research on what I'll be wait f everyday and how much protein I can eat without getting out of keto. How should I expect it to affect my lifts?

>Prepare yourself for massive cravings when your body transitions to run on ketones.
Unless, of course, you're playing on ez mode

25-30% protein. Your endurance will be same if not better but maximal strength output will be reduced since you have no glycogen in your muscles which is why most athletes on keto do a small carb re feed before a workout.

I had/have had absolutely no cravings 2 months into keto. In fact I actually have less than I did before because keto has decreased my appetite 50+%. It's actually insane how well it works.

Not OP, but can I get some tips from some other keto friends?

I've been eating keto since Jan 1, and while I've mostly stuck to it, I've found the restrictions make it extremely hard to eat out with friends or even at the work cafeteria. I'm dying for a hamburger or a piece of pizza, but even just one of those would be enough to kick out of ketosis.

I feel like at least 50% of what I eat now is omeletes because they are quick and easy and I don't have the time for elaborate meal prep. But it's starting to get monotonous, even though I do change up the add-ins and sauces

What else can I do for quick and easy variety? If I do go out with friends, what are the most keto-friendly restaurants?

Pic somewhat related: Flaxseed omelete mmmmm. Needs cheddar, spinach and Franks though

Just order meat and veggies when going to a restaurant, its not that hard.

Search for Keto-Friendly recipes on google, there is a lot of great stuff you can make that is vastly different from omelettes.

Get a keto burger lmao seriously just have a hamburger but with lettuce leaves instead of bun. Shit's good. Same for tacos, just replace tortilla with big lettuce leaf.

bruh most fast food places wont lettuce wrap their burgers

the only one i can think of that does is Hardees

>If I do go out with friends, what are the most keto-friendly restaurants?
I tend to suggest steakhouses or Hooters. Ezpz to eat keto at a steakhouse, and if you're getting deep-fried chicken wings, then make sure they're unbreaded.

In n Out of you're a califag

This guy has it figured out. Buffalo wings are carb free and delicious.

hardees dont exist in the west, so thats a no

Funny I stumbled upon this. I'm doing Keto right now, I'm currently hungover, and its a bitch. And I usually never get hungover when I drink.

It's the only diet that really works for me. I dropped around 20 pounds on it over a month or two last year, I started again around 10-12 days ago and I'm down a full point in BF%. As far as drinking goes, you just can't really do it on Keto in heavy amounts, and that too has made me healthier and helped get the weight off. I think if you're a fatty you don't need it, but when you're cutting at lower BF% it can be really tough and its the best solution I've found so far. Keto flu is real and the first four days of ketosis really sucked for me.

Also this

buffalo wild wings has like 40 flavors of wings, and many of them are sweet. there's no way theyre carb free

Get unbreaded wings with a dry rub on them, and if you want to use dip, then use ranch

Just cut your carbs to below 100g per day and count your calories. Congratulations, you're now officially on a low carb high fat diet (simply because you can't survive on protein alone and will be forced to eat lots of fat by your body) that has been proven to be one of the most if not THE most effective weight loss and blood sugar reduction diets ever:
authoritynutrition.com/23-studies-on-low-carb-and-low-fat-diets/

You don't need to go into ketosis to enjoy the benefits of low carb lifestyle.

I only hop on keto when I'm seriously cutting weight, and I pair with with IF. I just eat the exact same thing every day for the month or two that I'm cutting, which is usually some beef, some bacon, a few eggs, some tuna, and a no-carb protein shake that I mix whatever oils I'm feeling like, melted butter and flaxseed into.

Outside of that, I drink a little broth twice a day outside of those hours, mix my NoSalt in as needed, and just get on with life until I'm ready to go back to maintenance or bulking.

Keto is too boring to do all the same.

Personally, I never get sick of bacon