Veeky Forums

Veeky Forums

I need a new hobby and I'm thinking of taking up boxing. I'm 23 years old and I've never fought before but I know I'll be naturally good from lifting.

Is it too late for me to be the next Floyd Mayweather?

is it the same retard that makes these threads?

Yes its probably too late for you to be a great. Even if you do find a good club and coach and have natural ability + learn fast, you will be used as a punching bag by the coaches/club for the guys that have the same natural ability and drive as you, but who have been doing it since they were 10.

"naturally good" :^)
you are going to get fucked

So don't even start boxing?

fuck you debbie downer.
people can be great if they believe and work hard consistently.

only if you have great genetics does that stuff even get you into the ballpark of chaddery that professional sports entails

naturally good lmaoooo

There's plenty of reasons to take up boxing. Physical fitness, mental strength, personality development and some ability to defend yourself.

Getting punched in the head has real and very serious long term ramifications. To name a few it can shoot your odds of several brain diseases way high, it can even damage your endocrine system which basically controls every aspect of your life. A badly broken nose may never look the same.

If you don't care about the risks of having Alzheimer disease in your late 50's, or having the hormonal profile of an 80 year old in your 40's, if you don't care about a real drop in your ability to process information and an increased risk of serious brain damage if you hit your head another way in day to day life, go for it Floyd.

All that said, there is no reason not to learn and practice technique. It's true that you need to get punched in the head to know how you will react and to be ready for it in a real fight, but balancing that with the very real consequences of even minor head trauma is important.

you're over exaggerating pal

Some people can be great given the right genetics, environment and motivation. Odds are OP has only the third. He is 13 years late to the environment (Mayweather trained since child, and children are faster learners than adults). He also may not find the right gym/coach. The odds of him having the genetic ability to overcome these disadvantages are close to 0.

You're retarded.

Hes 23 he's fucking baby

>it's too late

Fuck off with this shit, people on this board think 35 is too late for fuck sakes it's pathetic, you're in your prime in your 30s especially strength and gains wise

top-tier rusing
good job lad

Strength and gains aren't nearly as important as understanding of the game.

23 is not a baby in any professional sport. While it is relatively young to be a PRO, it is laughably old to be starting out.

Retarded niggers like you don't understand the advantage that 10 + years of training gives. Mayweather literally had his father giving him lessons every day since he was a young boy.

genetics bla bla.. BULLSHIT.
people who are great aren't the lucky ones with best genetics, it's the one who wants it the MOST, works hardest for it, and against all odds, succeed.

stop being weakminded cucks.

Doesn't matter the kids in his 20s he can start anything and be a champion if he is legit good at it, your 30s is even young to start something new

>(You) can just will yourself into having a strong chin, great explosive twitch fibers and more than 10 years of experience just by believing
>It's just mind over matter bro!
>Implying the next great hasn't already been training since a child, with better genetics than you, with ten years of practice with a great coach

Go for it champ

>and be a champion if he is legit good at it
If he is a savant with a genetic and psychological advantage great enough to overcome ten years missing training and conditioning, yeah, he's Rocky Balboa.

>your 30s is even young to start something new
No.

Umm yeah you're in your prime in your 30s

anyone at the age 23 can get insanely good, even national champion.

> can just will yourself into having a strong chin, great explosive twitch fibers and more than 10 years of experience just by believing

yeah uhm, nobody can get 10 years of experience by believing. how retarded are you? he can work for it though. and gain the experience needed in less then 10

go cry in a corner coz ur fat and gave up ur life or whatever, you sad sad cuck.

>Is it too late for me to be the next Floyd Mayweather?

If you've already started questioning it, it's never gonna happen.

>cuck
>knows nothing about boxin
>knows nothing about life
>has given up

(You)

so mad
just because you've lost your will to live :')
esadiaf

This

Nobody gets any experience between the ages of 5 and 25 because you're too young to take anything seriously, you're a child before age 26

I can't fathom anyone being this retarded but I also can't fathom anyone making this shit once a week thinking it's funny bait.

I started fighting at age 33 and I beat everyone at my gym and now I fight country wide, I may make it to the UFC if I keep going and I'm only 37

Just do the boxing for fun and fitness. Who says you need to go into competitive flights? Do sparring with head protection and you should be fine. If youre too old to become a great boxer why waste your time and go into fights? Just train, have fun and enjoy your cardio and hand-eye coordination improvements.

Keep proving those haters wrong young man!

Worst case scenario you end up being able to knock out 7/10 people you meet on the street, compared to right now's 2/10.

>I'll be naturally good from lifting.
Hahaaaaaaa.

Naturally good from lifting? Boxers barely lift anything...GGG does cardio for the vast majority of his workouts, lifting makes up about 5% of a boxers day.