What is a good program for an absolute beginner?

I read the sticky, but heard that SS is actually trolling.
Is Reg Parks beginners 5x5 doable for somebody who never used free weights before?

Other urls found in this thread:

jimwendler.com/blogs/jimwendler-com/101065094-5-3-1-for-a-beginner).
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>heard that ss is actually trolling
>heard
>I didnt even research anything properly
>I HEARD the best beginner routine in existens to teach beginners how to lift a barbell is ACTUALLY TROLLING
>nah bro, i just heard it k havent actually read anything
Fuck off, thank you very much

Starting strength isn't trolling, it's great AS LONG as you don't run the program any longer than intended, get the book and follow it closely.

However, if you want, do Fierce 5. I'm doing it, and it's an EXCELLENT program.

Also, follow it religiously, ffs. You're a beginner, don't try editing what an expert meticulously made.

This, ffs, do some research.

God damn I'm on day 6 of nofap and if I saw her in real life I would have my dick in her cunt so fast it'd make her head spin

>it's great AS LONG as you don't run the program any longer than intended

So how long is it intended to run? I can't find that for shit in the book itself.

SS

It's definitely in the book nigger, read it. Every fucking program you'll ever see for a novice/beginner highlights when you should move on to another program.

absolute beginner? full body for 3-4 weeks then do SS.
bench 3x10
incline bench 3x10
squat 3x10
legpress 3x10
DL 3x5
ohp 3x10
pullups 3xf
chinups 3xf
curls 3x10
tricep extensions 3x10
1 mile run

do this 5 times a week for the 1st month and enjoy the newbie gains. The only reason you can do this routine is because you will be at such low weights while beginning that you should be able to recover without much issue.. if anything you are training your nervous system to get comfortable with the weight.
Then after 3-4 weeks hop on SS and bulk like mad for the next 6 months.. honestly I would also keep doing a little cardio because its good for you and when you go to cut it wont be such a shock to your body to adapt from a 1 mile run to a 3-5mile everyday

Why are women such whores?

that is only a problem if you are ugly and they wont fuck you.

The programming section only says that after the novice phase you can adjust the program to work for intermediates, and here in this chart it's not entirely clear where novice ends and intermediate begins. That's all that it says on the matter of how long you should do it.

maybe u should just research people who've done the program and see what they say

>and here in this chart it's not entirely clear where novice ends
If YOU ARE DOING THE PROGRAM, based on your biological sex and genetic, it should last 3-9 months, with younger male lasting at a 9 months phrase, adding weight consistently every workout. Read the damn book.

brainlet detected

I haven't read it, HOWEVER
I wouldn't worry about that for now, as you're starting out as a complete noob anyways, you have at least 3-6ish months to figure out when you should change programs
In that time, you can just do SS so you're not wasting time.
Don't let worrying about stuff months ahead in advance stop you from acting NOW.

Start SS.

The book actually outlines the length pretty well. Discussed when considering deloads.

This. One step at a time You don't need to have the next 4 years of lifting figured out to just start.

SS is good, just do it, follow it closely.

And do some research, goddamn.

Just to be clear, your copy is 3rd edition? Mine's a 2nd ed and he doesn't talk about deloading there.

You're supposed to train like a novice for as long as you can, meaning that you follow the linear progression program to a point where you no longer can't make progress that way. Training like a novice doesn't necessarily mean that you're weak like a novice, it means that you're able to put more weight on the bar on every consecutive session. Training like a novice means making gains at a rapid pace, and as you move to more elaborate intermediate and advanced training programs, the gains become slower. This is why starting with a program that is any more complex than the SS template means that you're a moron who's wasting time and effort.

Get 3rd edition and Practical Programming For Strength Training 3rd edition too. The PPST has more in-dept detail of programming such as the stages of the novice stage and how to milk it out plus the intermediate stage and how to slowly transfer individual lifts to the intermediate stage while the rest that are still progressing remains in the novice stage. SS book is more detailed on the lifting aspect so get both books.

Yeah, Practical Programming is a really good book and useful even for the fags who lift for aesthetics and the no homos.

Between 12 and 16 weeks for most people, if you don't miss a workout.

Until you're no longer able to follow the program. So basically, when you notice that your progression is weekly instead of every session.

You will stall early if your eating & sleeping is improper. SS will easily take you beyond 1/2/3/4 for reps if properly followed. It did for me as a 27yo male with basically zero athletic background other than little league, about 30lb overweight and weak as fuck.

This routine is stupid and you should not follow this idiotic advice.

Start with SS. There is really no reason not to, unless you are so pitifully weak than you cannot lift a barbell.

do anything but SS

dont fall for this meme,this is the same shit as the onions bullshit
these people want to fuck with you

Maybe start with SS for 2-3 months and then swith to 5/3/1 for beginners (jimwendler.com/blogs/jimwendler-com/101065094-5-3-1-for-a-beginner).

Why I suggest this:
SS to learn the movements and build a small strength base.

When you know how to s/b/d, start with 5/3/1 for Beginners.

This:
>Adds volume, because of more work with the main lifts.
>Adds assistance movements that help build muscle and prevent injuries
>If you follow it by the book, this also adds conditioning, to keep you from becoming a fat piece of shit.

The progression of 5/3/1 is slow. In retrospect, I should have spent more time training at a high volume, lower intensity to ingrain good movement patterns and build some muscle before going balls to the wall with intensity/weight. YMMV.

Why should I do SS instead of SL?

I need advice on choosing a program.
I've been working out for roughly half of a year on Upper/lower body routine 4xweek in 8-12 rep ranges, i made some hypertrophy gains but there barely is any strenght gains and it is irritating. I should probably eat more, I'm a woman so I don't expect too impressive gains either. Should I do Veeky Forumss greyskull LP with more lower body accessories? Will 3 times a week be enough for good hypertrophy? It seems to have less Volume than my previous routine. Or recommend any other programs suitable for someone lifting for a while but still weak as fuck?

Either would work fine. Both are great starting programs.

I agree with Both programs are similar, SL just has a bit more volume.

I recommend reading the SS book, but which of the two routines you do doesn't really matter.

>he fell for the "SS is a meme" meme

Fierce 5 is way better, I did it as well. Shouldn’t run that program for longer than 4 months though. Fierce 5 upper lower is shit however, I did that for a while and saw no gains.