I still see SS being recommended here

>I still see SS being recommended here
>2018

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/37ylk5/a_linear_progression_based_ppl_program_for/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

not everyone wants to look like a twink

being strong is a necessity if you want to be thicc

fuck zyzz looks like a skeleton on this photo

What would you recommend then ?
Is the all pro workout from bodybuilding.com a good program ?

>2018
>humans have evolved to the point where 5's are no longer the most efficient
all hail 4x6, our new king

PPL

based BG poster

SS + GOMAD

>thinking that man did SS to achieve his physique
DYEL delusion is strong

what's that

did that in like 2008. all-pro from bodybuilding.com is a better variation of it.

PPL isnt a program

The thought that this guy did SS to achieve this body is laughable.

>implying that doesn't look like shit compared to zyzz
>implying that body was a result of SS and not roids + regular routine

They both look good and I guarantee neither one of them did SS lmfao

Zyzz legit had the best body i have ever seen on a dude. was he really posting here and shit ? im a newfag.

did he abuse steroids too much or was he just gifted with aesthetics in his genes ?

SS is fine for a beginner program. It's a very simple intro into weightlifting. 4 days of PPL and a hundred different isolations is going to scare off somebody who's never been in the gym before. Sure it may not be the most optimal program for everyone but someone with less than a year of training doesn't really need the perfect program. A novice will make just about the same gains on anything. It's only when you get into the intermediate/advanced level does programming really count

>tfw remember zyzz and tinytrip
I feel old

I'm new. I've read the sticky. What does SS stand for?

Super Saiyan

You're nuts if you think this physique is achievable with SS or any fullbody routine. This man definitely does PPL.

what is PPL ?
I know SS is not super fucking sayien so dont trick me !

>can't see legs
>he does ppl
ahh Veeky Forums

Zjizz is easily the most overrated physique of all time

top DELUSION

He's also a junkie who oded so faggots like to romanticize him

What do you all think about Greyskull? I'm already seeing gains in like 2 weeks

Starting Strength

Push/Pull/Legs split. It's a popular way to split workouts over the week.

reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/37ylk5/a_linear_progression_based_ppl_program_for/

Like this guy said
Zyzz posted here and a lot on Misc. Then we had guys like Supermang, a legend in his own right.
Zyzz had a great body, Tinytrip was a manlet, but Supermang had the best body ever seen

I fucking genuinely miss Supermang and Lotus

you are old

wait I thought there was no problem doing SS as a fresh lifter with no strength at all. I was planning on starting SS next week when I get back to uni. Is it that bad? I was just planning to do the 3 phases to get me into a routine of lifting.

SS will make you a fat loser with t-rex legs and no arms. Do SA if you actually want to look good.

Yep, and we're going to keep doing until you give us something better and more tangible than "muh bro-splits".

He didn't OD you fucking retard, he had a undiagnosed heart condition

>roiding for this

agreed

Ain't nobody has no time to memorize none of that shit.

Just do Reg Park's routine.

>t. jelly faggot

>newfags on a brosplit

>thinking SS is a meme because you don't understand how it is meant to work because you're a lazy faggot loser
>thinking someone like Zyzz didn't start on SS or similar

Only if you're a fucking retard who doesn't understand it is called STARTING Strength for a reason.

People get the T-Rex look (which is rarer than Veeky Forums makes out, it's always that same one picture people bring out) because they fuck around, don't do it properly, and are lazy.

Stronglifts > SS

Lotus still posts

I still miss zyzz ever since he died 7 years ago

He inspired me to work harder and change my life around

Got fit, got a gf, graduated college, got a good job

Thanks zyzz. We're all gonna make it

you made it user, he would have called you a shredded cunt

Zyzz has better genetics. Can't teach that man. That other guy has more muscular physique

There must always be a balance on fit, as two powerful groups rule this board...the light and the dark...the Aestheticists and the Fatlifters.

Aestheticists seek to improve their appearance in order to attract a mate and improve their standing within our vain society. All is not vanity though as these social gains provide Aestheticists with the bonds that allow them to procreate and thrive economically by exploiting the presence of their now greatly widened social circle. In our society, being beautiful can be an occupation onto itself.

Fatlifters, on the other hand, completely disregard their appearance and the world's perception of their grotesque bodies in their quest for raw power. They seek to become as strong as possible as they believe this grants them dominion over the people and things around them. "If I can lift it, I own it," thinks the fatlifter. These are only false beliefs, though, as their solitary existence ensures that none shall witness their lifts, and on the few occasions a comely female is their to see their mighty feats, all she will disregard it as some malformed beast of burden pointlessly expending the energy produced by years of sexual frustration.

These are the two factions of Veeky Forums. Which one shall you chose?

arrange these from best to worst, be honest. PPL, SL5x5, SS

BLOAT FOR THE BLOAT GOD

SS for beginners is amazing, PPL is amazing aswell but I feel people who want to START lifting should be using SS to understand routines and to get their compounds down. I mean SS is only like a 5/6 month program its really not bad. After doing SS til you're happy then do PPL. Stronglifts is basically just a variation of SS as much as people want to feel special about doing it differently.

Bottom line for beginners atleast is
SS=SL>PPL

kek

defuq is SS?

Wrong. SL is better then SS in so many ways, they looked at SS and improved upon its weaknesses (such as lack of upper body).

How new are you?

So im someone who is just starting out and im wondering would I be able to do SL on a cut? I've recently lost 60lb but never lifted during that time and look skinny fat as hell. Would It be best to do a 500 cal cut or do maintenance while doing SL?

SS is a shit

I miss Zyzz

Schutzstaffel

mong plz go

We all do

I remember when we make a PlentyofFish profile for tinytrip and started hitting on trannies on his behalf

i don't understand how ss is bad. It tackles the whole body and if you eat right and rest i dont think you should be disappointed with the results however "PPL" looks like it involves more exercises so I can see how it can be more intense and specific than SS. This is the only thing I see though

kek, i wish it was mong and not me

Tell me about this routine, I'm interested.

>best body i've seen

Anyone got a good barbell only bodybuilding/hypertrophy routine?

Set up a nice ppl. If I must ask, why barbell only? Cable shit and dumbbells are pretty nice too.
Also, if youre natty your hypertrophy training must be in its core strength training but with higher volume.
What I mean by this is not some meme "go strength or go home" bs.
Is that your routine should be based around the main lifts and getting better at them. This becomes clear once you see how a good ppl routine for nattys is made.
For example an intermediate ppl routine should look something like this:
Legs1:
>Squat 5x5
>Big quad movement (ie leg press) 3x8-10 superset with any calf bs variant 4x12-15
>Compound glute and ham movement (ie weighted ghr)
Push1
>Bench press 5x5
>Ohp3x8-10
>Pec or tris accessory superseted with shoulder accesory 3x8-10
>Slot for extra tricep or pec work.
Pull1
>deadlifts 2x5
>Barbell rows 3x8-10
>Horizontal pull superseted with direct bicep work 3x8-12
Legs2
>Squats 3x8-10
>Rest same as legs1
Push2
>Ohp 5x5
>Bench 3x8-10
>Rest same as before
Pull2
>Rows 5x5
>Deadlifts 2x8-10
>Rest same as pull1

You get the main idea behind this. This will work like a charm for both strength and hypertrophy. Eat and sleep right. Dont worry too much about bf%.

>Anyone got a good barbell only bodybuilding/hypertrophy routine?
Layout: ABxCDxx or ABxCxDx depending upon your schedule

A:
Bench Press 3x6-8
Bentover Row 3x6-8
Incline Press or Overhead Press 3x8-10
Pullups 3x8-10 if you have a belt to add weight, 3xMax otherwise, use negatives if you can't do 8+, Pullovers if no place to do Pullups
Lateral Raises (hold a plate) 2x10-15 or Upright Row with the barbell
Skullcrushers or French Press 2x10-12
Barbell Curls 2x10-15

B:
Romanian DL 3x6-8
Front Squats 3x8-10
Straight-Leg DL or Good Morning 3x8-10
Standing Calf Raises with BB in Squat Position 4x6-8
"abs" if you feel like doing them

C:
Pullups 3x6-8 if you have belt to add weight, 3xMax otherwise, or Pullovers if you don't have a place to do Pullups
Overhead Press 3x6-8
Bentover Row 3x8-10
Close Grip Bench Press 3x8-10 or weighted Dips 3x8-10 or Dips 3xMax if you prefer
Guillotine Bench Press 2x10-15
Barbell Curls 2x10-12
Skullcrushers or French Press 2x10-15

D:
Squat 3x6-8
Split Squats 3x10-12
Straight-Leg DL or Good Morning 3x10-12
Seated Calf Raises 4x10-15 put a BB or plates on your knee and balance with your hand
"abs" if you like doing them

It doesn't matter what Zyzz did, he had insane muscle insertions, anything would have made him look good. SS is a fucking meme.

Just PPL, no need for squats or bench press or deadlifts to look good.

shut up faggot

If you want to look good naked, you don't fucking need to risk visiting snap city with squads, deadlifts or chokeville with bech press, seriously, stop this nazi shit.

t. underage dyels

>im so mature because I did SS
kys. Putting newbies into these compounds is a retarded idea. So many people snapped their discs and ruined their life with these shitty exercises, even experienced ones.

Stick to dumbells, cables, machines and bodyweight exercises and you will look good if your food, sleep and hormones are on point, period.

Isn't press and pullups enough with the compound lifts for a beginner upper body?

>snapped their discs

It's a meme if you're a weak little faggot that doesn't want to push hard.

Just hit 160x3x5 OHP today on SS. My only "YNTDP" guilt is that I do weighted dips as a sub for bench press because BP hurts my right shoulder (prior injury) and dips don't aggravate it.

My other lifts aren't as impressive, squat is at 270 and diddly at 330 for reps, but I have a bum knee and go light on days that it's really bothering me, so it's slowed my lower body progress a bit.

I unironically recommend SS, with the book, without going full GOMAD to any new lifter.

Faggots like you like to bitch ITS MUH MEME because you don't get to post pictures of your naked body on an anime image board for validation from other autistic half-way aestheticsfags when you're bulking at 4000+.

If you exhaust LP on SS (actually doing the fucking program consistently) at a decent calorie surplus and then cut the fat off, you can be lifting well over 1/2/3/4 for reps at 12% body fat in under a year from spooky skeleton mode. This is irrefutable. If you feel like you look like MUH T-REX at this point, then guess what, you get to skip leg day for the next year. What a drag.

This. I'm nearing end of my LP and already almost 1/2/3/4

abs?

you deserve more YOUs

It's completely doable. I've been on it right about 6 months, the first 2 on keto to escape skinnyfat, and the entirety of it was during junior year of mechanical engineering, which is by far the worst year. Had my sleep & food all fucked up, and still made it up to what I said in at age 29, no less.

People who can't do this program are fucking pussies. I really don't get it. It's goddamn novice progression, it isn't rocket science, but everybody wants to pick apart the minutae of every program and every individual lift instead of just going in the gym and lifting compounds heavier than they did last time. It's really, really simple.

should i still be doing a full body routine if im a fatass eating at a deficit? i made some good progress with SS but i didn't see really great visual changes until i switched to a PPL

>he had insane muscle insertions,
He had a shit back shit legs and a long neck and he's been on huge fucktons of gear since he was fucking 15-16 and THAT is the best that lazy cunt could do.

He had piss poor genetics for muscle gaine, he just looked okay from the front. He had FUCK ALL ELSE going on.

Soyboy Starterpack

You started studying at 29?
noice
how is it

If you're over 25% bf then yes you can eat at a slight deficit while doing the program. And SS isn't about aesthetics. The point is for a novice to get strong as fast as possible before going onto intermediate programming.

Somebody who benches 250 for 5 reps will look better than someone who benches 135

well i can rep like 150 3x5 but i can't really eat at a surplus, ive been lifting for almost a year now too so i don't think ill make any huge gains from doing SS again would I?

>The point is for a novice to get strong as fast as possible before going onto intermediate programming.
Why?
So you can get on another strength building program that will lead you to someplace you don't want to be?
And don't give me that strength base bullshit.
No one on earth places the slightest bit of weight in that idiocy.
>Somebody who benches 250 for 5 reps will look better than someone who benches 135
Not really no.
Lifting heavier =/= looking better.
Lifting 250 like it weighed 135 with high reps?
That will make you look good.
That's how it works when it comes to mass, body comp, and every form of athletics that depends on performance.

>get on another strength building program
You can whatever program you want
>And don't give me that strength base bullshit
Strength is directly proportional to skeletal muscle cross-sectional area. Is a novice going to get jacked doing 135 for 8 reps?
>Lifting 250 like it weighed 135 with high reps?
And that's the point. A good novice linear progression will allow a beginner to get to those heavy high volume lifts as fast as possible

Screencap your post. In a year, you'll be able to post it in those "I can't believe I thought he was big" threads.

>rare
>implying

except 99.9% of people who run SS by the book don't come close to 250x5 bench

the actual difference between someone who does SS or does a higher rep hypertrophy routine will probably be like

185x3x5 for SS fag
165x4x8 for identical genetics hypertrophy routine fag

the difference is just not that big, hell most hypertrophy bro programs might even be better for pressing in particular because at least you get some actual volume instead of three bah fahve

I went from 150x3x5 to 215x3x5 in 3 months on SS. The thought of achieving that with a bro split is laughable

The chosen one who attained both.

Has he really been gone for so long? It feels like he was with us yesterday.

Why is this even an argument? SS is for getting stronger, if you think you will get shredded doing it you are a fool.

i choose a e s t h e t i c s

this made my night

Pecs are on the small side

He was a literal DYEL til he roided, looked like a diff person

>5 days a week
>That volume
>Get plenty of lean protein and little fat or carbs
>Drink plenty of fruit juice for good energy
>Aim to increase the weight once every fortnight
Whoever wrote that shit doesn't know as much as he thinks he does and he also doesn't know what a beginner program needs to be like.