Shoe Lifts

Thinking about buying a pair of thick insoles for my shoes. Partly for comfort and partly for that extra edge on height. Without being glaringly obvious when you take your shoes off, how much height could someone get away with adding? Women can get away with wearing 6" (7cm) heels, so could a man reasonably get away with wearing a 3cm or 4cm insole?

Other urls found in this thread:

runforefoot.com/elite-distance-runner-ditched-heel-lifts-run-pain-free/
ashevillefamilyfitness.com/physical-therapy/minimalist-shoes-good-or-bad/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Correction: 6" is 15.5cm

How to fuck your ankles, knees, hips, and spine - the product

start with 1-2 cm first to learn how to walk in them
A comfortable amount you can get away with is 1" (2-3 cm), which is also the fluctuations you make from morning to evening due to spine compression

just don't go full blown RDJ tier

Heels are completely different. They're actually sexy looking and make the ass and legs look more toned and shapely. Your insoles are just 100% pathetic insecuruty- nothing sexy about that

First of all I don't have any insoles. Second, if height attractive then insoles would make me look more attractive. So actually they'e exactly the same.
Basketball shoes are designed this way to begin with and they do a lot of running, jumping, and sharp cuts. If its okay for basketball why would it fuck your knees just walking around?
Thats what I was thinking.

Our feet and entire bodies didn't evolve to be walking perpetually on a decline slope. If you wear shoes like this for more than just crushing out some squats for under an hour, you will fuck up your body.

Barefoot shoes. Learn how to properly use all the sensory feedback and musculature of your feet and ankles. Christ.

Actually our bodies are built to run, and when running your weight is placed on the balls of your feet (as they are with lifts), not on your heels. That's why most athletic shoes have a lift in the heel.

The first part was absolutely correct, but then you went off. That's not why shoes have heel lifts.

runforefoot.com/elite-distance-runner-ditched-heel-lifts-run-pain-free/
>As expected, the heel lifts consequentially altered her gait to the point where Flanagan experienced additional pain in her glutes and back
>Another study by Dixon and Kerwin dealt head-on with the issue of the efficacy of heel lifts and found that peak force and loading on the Achilles tendon was not significantly reduced with increased heel lift.
>scientists do know that heel elevation of any kind leads to problematic patterns in running gait such as heel strike which is signature for pain. There are no mechanical advantages to heel lifts and strong evidence, including Flanagan’s experience, is mounting in favor of this.

ashevillefamilyfitness.com/physical-therapy/minimalist-shoes-good-or-bad/
> the (formerly) modern running shoe model – a thicker sole on the heel side for extra cushioning – was a design “experiment” by Phil Knight of Nike and other shoe manufacturers beginning back in the 1970’s & 80’s. The idea was to allow runners to extend the knee further out for a longer stride length, landing on the heel rather than the mid-foot.

>how to make a fool of yourself because of a harmless meme
I don't laugh at manlets, but people with those insoles deserve to be bullied.

when will they learn

>tfw got a boner from the chick that pushed him away with her leg

they all be cheating, they be wearing heels

womanlets confirmed

>they all be cheating, they be wearing heels
Look at the platform and heel. They maybe have a three inch height gain. Manlet still didn't learn.

I see your point about running. I run in flats anyway. Is there any evidence that its harmful to walk in modestly heeled athletic shoes?

You going to wear a padded bra too, you fraudulent cunt

This is the saddest thing ever

> t. broscientist

Don't do it m8. It is too pathetic and cringe worthy.

don't listen to these cunts, they don't realize lifts are one of many needed ways to looksmax a few cm onto your height, I'm 6'5" and wear them to be 6'7" in shoes (1" boots + 1" insoles), these days every faggot has elevated sneakers anyways so it's need to counteract manleys

Still pathetic being so insecure about your height. Unironically just be yourself m8.

Yea fuck 'em. I'm gonna do the opposite of what Veeky Forums says.

>just b urself
LOL if you think this is true
there is literally no reason not to max your looks within non-exaggerated limits.
>wear boots/adidas sneakers that give you 1" increase, otherwise the other people who do it will have an advantage over you
>practice hygiene, maintain haircut once a month
>lift heavy ass weights
>wear well-fitted clothes
it's part of the game

If we were "just being ourselves" none of us would be lifting anyway since hardly anybody needs to lift heavy weights in real life. We're lifting to improve ourselves and some extra cushion in my shoe can only help. The real question was whether I should go for 2cm, 3cm, or 4cm

as said, keep it at around an inch at most, otherwise it's too much of a slope. Might as well get a few sets of 1/2" and 1" to cycle around, the 1/2" will be barely felt by you and are gonna help with comfort too in some shoes. 1" ain't jackshit anyway, that's the height difference before and after heavy squatz, but a minimal effort is fine

see
3 or 4 is probably too much, buy 2 and look if you can handle it while walking

Still sound nice and insecure. Have fun keeping up with the Jones' ya cucks.

Just remember, it does not have to be this way.

>t. lanklet afraid of losing his only advantage

Is there anything more pathetic then wearing lifts or insoles?

It just reeks of terrible insecurity.

A little extra height would match my huge swinging dick

I second this user

the less cushioning in shoes, the better

America is prone to leg injuries because we have this michelen man shoes where Kenyan runners run in nothing but leather strapped to their feet and have significantly less leg injuries

>hur population of kenya vs america
People haven't evolved to take into account we'l be wearing cushiony shoes our whole life just like we haven't evolved a bowel system that accommodates shitting on a toilet instead of squatting

Not to say you will get injured, but having switched from cushiony bricks to minimals as a 10 year competitive runner, I have yet to have any injuries for the past 5 years and my calves look like chiseled marble

did that thing used to be a bitch?

if youre already ugly lifts wont do anything hoss

Sweet cope breh