Do you still drink protein shakes???

>Doctor told me at exam that "hmm you look like you lift I hope you don't take any supplements"
>I tell her I take protein
>She told me I shouldn't it doesn't work and it's a scam

Now that I think about it, there is no scientific proof that protein shakes work and I'm not just pissing it out
Also whey protein is one of the worst form of protein as it is made from literally useless leftover.

So what do you think Veeky Forums? Is it a scam?

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26182916
consumerreports.org/cro/2012/04/protein-drinks/index.htm
youtu.be/9Mcx0XZlKm8
amazon.com/dp/B01M7595KZ
t-nation.com/supplements/whey-vs-casein-the-real-story
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Doctor told me the same thing but I have protein in my piss for some reason, so it makes sense, she's just a dumb cunt if she said it randomly.

t. false flagging Big Whey representative

whey protein is processed and its a byproduct of milk yeah but its the same shit in baby formula.
Also Doctors dont know dick about dieting while they push lowfat diets from the 80's. your good user.
If you really want throw some eggwhites in that smoothie

Protein shakes work if you don't consume enough protein. Otherwise, you are simply consuming a expensive source of protein.
You would need to consume ridiculous amounts of protein for it to take a toll in your health.
If you have relatives with high blood pressure, there's a small risk you all suffer from a disorder that could increase the chances of developing High blood pressure for consuming too much protein (Homocysteine)

>t. a doctor

>she

That's your problem. Just another gains gobling with an MD

This desu. A packet of chicken breast is cheaper, or beans.

Shakes are only worth it if u like the taste or if youre cutting hard and just need protein with minimal calories.

I'm drinking 3000cal worth of protein shakes a day (not memeing) and I haven't died yet.

>he still buys protein powders
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26182916

>Melamine is 67% nitrogen and the organic base for cyanide. The nitrogen content makes the products test for higher protein contents. Yes, this is a fake protein filler.
>Although the results of this study suggest the melamine found in 47% of products is under the "tolerable" level, this stacks up with multiple uses of multiple use. Longer term exposure to this is totally fucked.
>but if you take supplements, buy expensive ones from established companies.

consumerreports.org/cro/2012/04/protein-drinks/index.htm
>Health risks of protein drinks
>You don't need the extra protein or the heavy metals our tests found

dont get poisoned and if youre not willing to buy the expensive ones eat REAL food; eggs and milk are dirt cheap

One scoop isn't pricier than a chicken filet with the same amount of protein though

I put whey in my oatmeal in the morning. It makes me fart all the time and the smell is disgusting. I'll probably stop once this bag is empty and find something else for my protein needs.

it's
literally
just
food

Lactose intolerance. Switch to isolate or whey with added lactase, and you're good to go.

What the fuck is up with all of these gain goblins here?
If you want your gains then take your creatine and protein. It's not nessesary but it helps.

read this post goddamit shouldve used a pic of a hot chick

lol where do you guys live where whey is so expensive.

50 days worth of protein powder from MP is 70 dollars.

Sweden
>shipping costs from whatever country producing it
>+25% extra tax because fuck you

In europe whey is one of the cheapest sources of protein, stay mad amerifags
How can a macronutrient not work? Is she retarded?

Just fucking move then stupid fuck

>Whey protein is made from milk
Don't listen to this slut.

is 200-250 grams of protein per day a ridiculous ammount for someone who weighs 170 lbs or should I keep going?

Fuck off retard, we're talking about protein.

it's ok user, people who care notice good posts

you're doing everything wrong.

what about pea protein??

whey protein is exactly. You are buying protein. Its marketing is somewhat exaggerated as being essential but it does make life easy having a shake right out the bag right after a workout.

1g per kg of bodyweight works. You're doing way too much, cut back to 80-100g and you'll probably see better results

But I never get farts from milk, chocolate, ice cream, quark or shit like that?

Chickpeas and lentils both score 9gr of protein per 100gr

Normal green peas are at 5gr

Whey is much cheaper than chicken in terms of protein. I can buy servings of cheap but complete protein for around the same price as 10 frozen chicken breasts.

Oh shit you meant the powder, the ones I see do about 80~ grams per 100grams

I'm getting 300g+ protein from food daily according to Cronometer, why would anybody need to supplement?

youtu.be/9Mcx0XZlKm8

It's not a drug. There's no does work or doesn't work. It's protein. If you find you are consistantly not getting the minimum protein recomended for a bodybuilder and you feel like you can't shove another chicken breast down your throat then drink a shake. That's all it is. That's like saying putting a little olive oil on your salad doesn't work. It's not gonna grow your dick and get you a million dollars doc, but my body is going to digest, absorb, and use it which is the only reason I bought it.

>lift really fucking hard, entire body is rekt
>don't eat or drink anything besides proteinshakes for the fuck off it
>body still heals

WOOOW, I guess the protein had nothing to do with it and my muscles grew thru photosynthesis then!?

You fucking retard, OP. You can actually test things like this yourself. But no, keep sucking dicks and listen to a fucking woman instead.
>muh doctor

what and how much are you eating? seems excessive, unless you're some kind of giant.

>protein doesn't work

How doesn't it work? Shakes are there to hit daily protein goals if you haven't already, or add extra protein to your diet. Protein alone doesn't give you big muscles and I sure to hope this is bait otherwise you're a fucking spastic who should be euthanised.

Where the fuck k is this? How expensive is your meat? Per protons chicken is less than half the price of powders even at expensive stores here, the big packs I buy at the super market are 1/3 the price of even the cheapest protein power.

>expensive source of protein.
How much protein is there in a 3kilo's keg of protein?

How much protein is there in 3kilo of chicken?

How much do they cost?

Just checked, for 1kg protein:
4kg chicken: $10
1kg whey: $15

1 - 2gr per kg/day
It's more about inducing insulin spikes after working out rather than consuming sick amounts of protein.

There are no national protein powders in my country so getting chicken breats, eggs or milk is far cheaper.

How's the quality on >myprotein organic whey?
tastes pretty neutral/like milk foam if you mix it with milk

sometimes I just dont feel like eating and have a scoop with some milk or almond milk

Lol why don't you just drink soy milk faggot

What are the expensive established companies?

this poster is dumb

JUST SAY GRAM Or g! Gr stands for grain which is like 60 oz or some shit and I think your bean protein per 100 grams is way off

its dangerous to consume that much soy in one sitting

Listen to your doctor and consume soy, goy.

>She told me I shouldn't it doesn't work and it's a scam
After you asked her for a source for that claim, what did she come up with?

They taught us very little about nutrition in med school, and whatever was taught was geared toward your avg person aka Mr.2000 calorie a day intake. Fact of the matter is, people that run high protein diets get better results on average. Whey Isolate is the only protein supplement worth buying, and only if you have trouble getting in some protein within an hour or two post workout. Or if you can't get your protein needs from food. .7-1g protein per lbs bw is ok for bulking, I would go up to 2 on a cut.

Chicken in my country is 5 euro per kg. We dont get shitty chicken though.

Most of it comes from Chicken, Beef, and Eggs.
>1 package chicken breast average 18 oz
>1 package ground beef 16 oz
>3 eggs
Looking for something to swap out the Beef with, going to try adding Tuna to my diet soon as well.
>6'2"

I take shakes because it's too time consuming to cook and eat that much protein from meat sources.

I think the whole 1g per bodyweight is a scam. I eat 60 to 80 % g/bodyweight all from food and I've been making gains.

nigga just adding a scoop or two of protien powder to an already healthy and protein rich shake can't hurt

more fucking paranoid than Veeky Forums over here goddamn

what the hell is one gram per body weight? i weigh 70kg. Should i only take in 1 gram per 70 kg?

You just met a gains goblin.

>tuna
Gotta go for that extra mercury gains, amirite?

No it's 1g per lb, or 2.2 per kg for maintenance of muscle, more for bulking

dont go so hard on the tuna bro, mercury aint on joke. If you really want some gains look up "safe catch tuna" and order from their website, the mercury in their tuna is almost non existent.

>expensive
myprotein whey is one of the cheapest protein/€ ratio. And THE cheapest protein/kcals/100g

consider using a pee protein + rice protein blend, great aminoacid profile and alsovery cheap on my protein.com. Reduced my mad farting by 75%.

Nah, just meat and eggs

>general doctor
>not a worthless moron
these retards don't know anything beyond whether or not you have the flu. anything beyond that, you have to go see someone who actually knows things about your problem

they especially know nothing of diets.

just think for a second. your doctor literally just told you protein does not work.
protein
does
not work
think about how fucking stupid that statement is.

doctors don't or barley get any training regarding nutrition. Better off asking a real sports dietician.

protein is just broken down to make amino acids.

take collagen peptides instead since its already amino acids from bone.

>mum drags me to doctor because squats will blow your knees out yadda yadda
>doctor is a 30 years old guy with a bit of muscle on him
>basically says "as long as you don't take roids it's all good lad, keep lifting"
>mum is visibly butthurt
GAINS GOBLIN BTFO

Is your doctor jewish by any chance

You have to be 18 to use this website.

Beans aren't a complete protein though

honestly I just make big bloatshakes with a ton of oats, bananas, and flaxmilk that has added protein, i think its pretty cheap.

>So what do you think Veeky Forums? Is it a scam?
basically. there are way better sources of protein in terms of amino acid profile and bioavailability. the scam works on people who are trying to max out "muh grams of protein"

>female doctor
>makes guesses about your physique not based on anything scientific
>protein is a scam

I guess she told you about the patriarchy too right?

>family stops existing once you're 18
no wonder the jews hold you yanks by the balls

I don’t drink them because they taste awful and I would much rather eat real food, not to mention they make me feel sick if I drink them on an empty stomach and cause constipation regardless of my fiber intake.

Chicken here is $10.48 for 5lbs. (20 servings of 20g) — 38.1678g/$1.

Whey on MyProtein is regularly $50-$60 for 11lbs. (200 servings of 19g) — right now is $60 — 63.3333g/$1.

Casein on MyProtein is $73.68 (165 servings of 24g) — 53.7459g/$1.

Powder also has very specific hormones..

>She

Just fuck her ass user

>mom going to the doctors with you after the age of 18

>expensive
Stopped reading here. The absolute state of medifags.

When I drink protein shakes it makes me fart a lot, anyone else? I'm not consuming terribly high protein either.

Here's a better mind fuck. My buddy has seen how much I've lost weight and decided he wanted to as well! Did he fix his intake, go on a deficit, and get enough protein through a normal diet? Fuck no! He started buying and drinking only this product called Huel. 2000 calories a day of this shit. It's like $60 a week.

Who the fuck can subside on only a meal replacement and be ok mentally with that? What's he gonna do when he loses the weight and goes back to eating regular food and doesn't know how the fuck to count calories?

People confuse me.

>drags me to
Do you understand what that means?

>homocysteine

More chances they have CKD or lupus instead.

Protein shakes are awesome and completly safe. There are no solid evidence that protein damage your kidneys.

>2g/kg
that is a shit-ton of protein. the rule of thumb is around 2g/lb or 1g/kg

i assume you mean weight-gainers, right? if its whey with no carbs/fats, thats like 650g protein

he doesn't realize that its a lifestyle change and not just eating different food for a quick fix

he will fail long term until he realizes this. You can tell him till you are blue in the face but it wont matter.

Yeah, I've kinda given up on him. I'm eating 1750 a day while lifting heavy and have gone down 35 lbs in 90 days 250 to 215.

They see that progress, and they want it, but they won't change for it. I spent two years lifting and barely lost any body fat because my diet was garbage. Maybe someday it'll click for him, too.

even worse

What's the optimal Macro Breakdown for a 2400kcal diet? Currently I eat about 240 g carb, 180 g protein, and 80 g fat - which equates to 40/30/30. Is this an optimal ratio? 6ft 160 pounds by the way

>article on herbs

>adequate amounts of protein in common diets
Examine suggests 1g/lb. for most athletes — beyond that for some diets, e.g., bodybuilding contest preparation.

The measured products listed are including lots of protein but vitamins and minerals as well.

on myprotein.com i just got 200 servings at 19g for $65 including shipping and tax

MyProtein unflavored.

Stevia.
amazon.com/dp/B01M7595KZ

>med school
t-nation.com/supplements/whey-vs-casein-the-real-story

I don't know how legit mercury poisoning is, my uncle used to lift heavy and he was eating a can of tuna everyday.
Still eating like he lifts, just not lifting as much and got fat.

If it was up to your doctor she’d have you on a low-T soyboy diet

>whey protein
>expensive
opinion disregarded

Why do minor questions or debates on fit always turn into the insecure, rage-filled, shit-slinging alpha fest?

Why protein is just a high quality protein source (like other animal products). There's nothing special or magical about it (like most suppliments).

>No fuk you you stuped phuking faggot it's beast

just eat sardines

*whey protein