Tfw 88lbs/5"9/f

>tfw 88lbs/5"9/f

Ok guys I'm seriously underweight, accidently lost weight due to stress and I don't feel bad but everyone's acting like I'm gonna die soon.

Is it really that bad or are they overreacting, how much do I realistically have to eat in order not to end up looking like shit and gaining fat only, getting different numbers everywhere. Also, macros?

Trying to gain with 1800 kcals/day right now and 30 mins of exercise daily. Worked during December/holiday season and I gained 4 lbs but now I'm back down. What do? I read the FAQ but it ain't for srs underweight cases like mine

Other urls found in this thread:

examine.com/nutrition/how-much-protein-do-i-need-every-day/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

trying to gain weight with cardio just do the math

I'm not doing cardio though

pic so we know wat we're dealin with

>trying to gain with 1800 kcals/day

Around 9% body fat percentage according to one scale, around 14% according to another, people are guessing my weight correctly

Macros are not very important in terms of weight gain/loss.

All successful diets base their philosophy on the ease of weight loss with restricting one macro over the other. For keto it’s low carbs, I think atkins was low fat.

You can cherrypick data from any side of the equation. The arguments are mostly equivocal.

What it comes down to is increase all macros. Healthy macronutrient percentage fluctates.

As a rule of thumb you want 1g of protein per kg of bodyfat to build muscle. Fat and carbs should be split into whatever is physiologically or psychologically easiest for you to consume more of.

Fats have higher calorie per gram ratios, so higher fat content generally =easier bulking.

If you want to ‘lean bulk’ just increase protein intake until you barely exceed tdee.

For grill clients I recommend leg based programs with lots of thigh and glute exercises. That’s just because this is what most girls want to get out of their programs.

Plenty of girls have also asked me to increase their full body strength, I recommend Ivysaurs beginner fullbody (look it up on le reddit) for them.

Seek attention elsewhere. You're not 5'9" and you don't weigh 88 lbs.

I thought they were important for gaining muscle vs fat, so right now I consume like 140g of protein every day, no idea what my actual TDEE is which is kind of problematic (getting stuff ranging from 1400 to 1700 depending on the calculator so I'm doing 1800 kcals to be sure)
thanks thought, finally something useful, my legs are my main concern

lol i wish i was joking. everyone thinks i'm anorexic af and acting like i'm some kind of psycho

May be you need a more expert opinion than "eat more". Have you gone to the doctor and/or nutritionist?

Eat more if you can. 5'9" and 88 lbs is VERY unhealthy and dangerous. You definitely have little muscle mass and bodyfat. Eat more, start lifting some minor weights. I'm not going to take the time to give you a routine but there are routines tailored towards what girls find ideal.

Macros matter, don't fall for this fucking meme.

Goddamn, just read the sticky, ffs.

READ THE STICKY.

How many times does that shit need to be said?

>88lbs
>5'9"
Yes this is a huge problem. You need to gain weight or you probably will die an early death. A man of your height would typically weigh around 170lbs, more than twice what you're at right now, and a female should be around 130lbs. Whats worse is that women need more body fat then men do to stay healthy. A man can get away with being a skelly, but as a woman you NEED to gain fat.

My advice to you is to not even attempt strenous exercise until you've reached 100lbs.

Stop. Change your thinking. Don't even think about "getting in shape." You need to gain fat before you even attempt to gain muscle. Building muscle will only make your problems worse because it will increase your metabolic demand. You're already severely underweight, please look out for yourself. Even if you have to gourge yourself on junk food for a month or two, you need to add some fat onto your frame before you start lifting weight.

Yeah exactly, I'm getting nutritionist sessions soon according to the doctor, takes a few weeks though. He just told me to eat some kind of carb/maltodextrin powder stuff and checked my blood..

I`m aware that I need to gain fat as well and that's I obviously HAVE to,it's just unhealthy to gain weight too quickly and all I'm ever getting is "eat as much as possible"

Post your wrist picture for proof. Do you still have your period? Is your face hairy? If yes to any you are severely anorexic and should eat more. That is literally the advice you can get.
Oh wait. Are you just a normal girl but with a missing limb and you're trollin?

>it's just unhealthy to gain weight too quickly
You won't have that problem. You already have a predisposition to not eat very much or hold onto body weight, which is fine. So do I. But you need to force yourself to eat more. "Gaining weight too quickly" won't even be on the radar because you only need to gain 12lbs to make it back to humanity. Right now you have one foot in the graveyard.

Gonna need a pic with timestamp to know what I'm dealing with

170 at 5'9'' is either muscular or kind of chubby.

I'm 5'8" 170lbs, pretty average build

I don*t have my period, my face isn't hairy though what the
yeah okay I get it

Go slowly up in calories go from week to week 100 kcals more.
Pic is what you look like right now to guys.

Macro percentage doesn’t matter for %muscle gain. If you understand metabolic processes you get that each macronutrient is broken down into its constituent parts.

Reassembled for processing in cellular respiration or transported by trna into components of the cell.

All macronutrients can be used as fuel. If you eat too many of any macronutrient (so long as you aren’t deficient in any of the others) you WILL gain weight. No matter how you do it, 40-70% will be fat.

You can’t gain weight for long without gaining fat.

Macro percentages don’t really matter. More than 15% fat is important. More than 15% carbs are important so you son’t slip into ketogenesis.

That’s about it.

Eat to gain weight. Your goal SHOULD BE .5-1 lb a week, roughly half of which will be fat.

If you are the height and weight you describe then this will make you look MUCH better then you dumb goal of lean bulking.

so, a little bit of both

lol its an average build so yea. bf around 13%

no probs, you look muscled too

I'd say do 1/2 GOMAD for a few weeks on top of what you're eating already. Start lifting if you can as well, though you may be one of the few people who actually needs to start with bodyweight, at least for the first week or two.

I imagine you won't do this though because a person who weighs under 40 kilograms at five nine is profoundly anorexic.

As the other guy said, you don't have to worry about gaining 'too much weight too quickly' because you've dropped so far below the normal physiological bounds for a person of your height your body needs all the energy it can to start rebuilding the muscle and fat even an UNTRAINED person would have as a baseline.

Sunken-in anorexics have long fuzz on hair often. If you do not have your period you are at very unhealthy weight. To help you get more calories try to add calories (drink your coffee with cream and things like that). You will need to get some fat on you, having more muscle doesn't help with hormonal imbalances (period problem). You should mostly focus on more calories only, idk how good daily calorie calculators work at your weight, and at this point you ahould get fatter. Fat has a vital function in our body and you have way too little of it.

GOMAD

Cells

pics

I don't know what calories is but we can do stress relieving activities together baby... :)
>pic related, is me

youre the perfect candidate for SS + GOMAD

Aight guys I'll try to gain asap. Just for everyone*s information I can easily eat more or less, it's not like I can*t stomach more, if I don't notice a constant change of 1lbs/week I'll up my cals even more

you honestly might need to see a doctor

There are rules here:

Tits or GTFO

Just stuff your face with junkfood idiot

Even if you have no tits you still need to show nipples.

This guy gets it. Disappointed in the rest of Veeky Forums

>inb4 reddit spacing

Go back to b ya cucks

Damn, isn’t that super low for grills?

>140g of protein a day
>weighs 88 fucking pounds
That is a huge waste. 1g/lb lean bodyweight is the upper end of recommended protein consumption, and you're close to twice that. You'd get the same results with 80g a day.

Correct your posture, you have lumbar lordosis

>88 lbs
>5' 9

yeah there's no fucking way you are alive right now.

Are you a 2D girl like pic related?

>1g/lb lean bodyweight is the upper end of recommended protein consumption
>people still fall for this meme
You do know the only reason why this is recommended is because of protein supplement companies trying to appeal and sell their products right? Just like in the 50's, the meme started that breakfast was the most important meal of the day because of selling cereals.

Can't believe it's 2018 and I still have to post this. Do five minutes of research before making these absolutely retarded posts please
examine.com/nutrition/how-much-protein-do-i-need-every-day/

How do I fix this?