Can someone explain to me why fast food is bad?

If you're a skinny fuck or even looking to bulk, what's wrong with eating fast food? Surely the carbohydrates and protein within it is an easy way to bulk?

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18995204
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Size_Me
today.com/health/man-loses-56-pounds-after-eating-only-mcdonalds-six-months-2D79329158
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Easy to bulk, but a lot chemicals in it to prolong shelf life which makes it bad. Also, Trans Fats are bad for you. It's okay once-in-a-while... but you really should be trying to eat whole foods

Fries are literal cancer. Desserts and sodas have too much calories.
Burgers and chicken meals are great though.

>typical burger patty
>10% meat
>90% recycled cardboard
very good for bulking yes

Why are fries bad? Isn't it purely carbohydrates?

fast food is bad because the fat content far outweighs the protein content

that is why.

It is like 90% fat lol. Also stop looking things at macros only, that shit is retarded. You look at the nutritinal value

there are some places that use real ingredients. like for example in n out burger doesnt use any frozen shit or processed stuff, real potatoes they cut right in front of people

not saying its good for you or healthy or anything, but some places are better than others

It has more to do with being deep fried in oil.
So yeah, chicken meals would be better grilled instead of fried too.

shit nutrition. shit nutrition/calories. high trans fat, saturated fat, sodium. food usually high on glycemic index.

idk man
but after ive been getting Veeky Forums and stopped eating fast food, whenever i have it once a month or so im also sick the day after with terrible stomach pains and the shits
that cant be a good sign

Saturated and trans fat clog your arteries and raise your cholesterol

>sodium
Oh no, wouldn't accidentally want to get a great pump at the gym.

Burgers are good for bulking, outside of the sodium issue. Fries aren't so great due to deep-frying, and soda is a waste.

Saturated fat isn't all bad for you as a lifter trying to make gains. Trans fats without a doubt are

im not gonna criticize people for getting fast food, but the sodas are what i dont understand. on the rare times i get fast food, i never get the meal with a soda. empty poison calories, sugar, and chemicals not to mention the cost of it

ill just get a burger and a cup of water, maybe add sugar subtitute and lemon to it for a more natual lemonade

I had 4 mcchickens the other night desu I am growing

If I need cals badly and all I can grab is a McDonalds -

Order 5 McDoubles (Double Cheeseburgers in some places), chuck the buns away except in 1, eat 10 patty burger.

Not great I know but I used to work as a retail manager occasionally having to do 12hour days and we were almost next door to a mcdonalds. Just chuck the fries and soda out.

Wrap of the days are okay too.

This.

I stayed on Chipotle for a few months before I got comfortable making my own bowls at home, went back one day and couldn't bring myself to finish it and still felt like shit

If it fits your macros, you can eat whatever, mate. However, you might feel like shit, and you might perform poorly in the gym... but technically yeah, you could even eat fast food everyday and make gains, if you budget calories correctly.

It’s really not that bad to have a few times a week.

because niggers spit and rub their shit in it

>sodium
>issue
retard spotted

>Go to in-n-out
>pay $11-13 for a meal that should be $5
>scarf down hyper-palatable grease food
>throat starts to get coated in grease
>cheese, burger patty, processed bread, sauces congeal in your gut
>take big smelly, greasy shit
>oh this is fine
THEY ARE SLAVES AND THEY FEEL NONE OF THE SULLYING THAT THEY SUBMIT THEMSELVES TO

you're talking about 5 guys not in n out burger you idiot

>mfw cutting eating Greggs every day for lunch

Lmao at you "healthy food" brainlets

"Meat content in the hamburgers ranged from 2.1% to 14.8% (median, 12.1%)."
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18995204

You get what you pay for. At best you're getting only half the meat you should, and at worst you get 10% of it.
If you learn to cook you'll be far better off.

Two big issues IMO are that: (1) you pay a substantial amount of money in comparison to making cheaper, healthier meals for yourself and (2) you don't get enough micro nutrients from fast food.

So long as you eat some carrots and fruits to round out your nutrition, it's really not that bad. Just drink water, not soda, and avoid chemical ridden shot like McDonald's and you will be fine.

((Fast food))

If 50% is water and 20% is meat, what is the other 30%? Also wants not to say that grocery bought meats are just as bad?

Macros are part of the nutritional value lmao.

nah, nutrition labels clearly state my burgers have 26g protein in them.

food is FDA inspected, if not there would be lawsuits up the ass

you retard.

You can get that 26g protein from other things than meat, you know. From the link where they analyzed the content, there was bone, nerve endings, connective tissue and plant matter. So it's still protein, even if we can't digest it, or if it's from corn and soy.

Because only cucks buy burgers, be a real man and make your own faggot.

I wish that at least one McNiggers served me the burger they advertised and not some burned chink cardboard shit.

lol
i'm obviously retaining my muscle because I'm counting my fucking macros and successfully looking good with burgers

the only real reason fast food is bad is cause people shovel fries and soda down their throats when it's nothing but calories and cheap shit fat oils that clog your arteries with sugar to fatten them up with that unnecessary 900 more Calories.

Burgers? Burgers are good.

On average I eat McDonalds once a year because it just happens. The next day my stomach feels terrible, bloated and nasty smelly shits. I really can't imagine how someone would eat that regularly and how it might feel.

It’s fine. The preservatives have been linked to an increases risk in colorectal cancer, but this may be due to the type of people who eat mcdonalds also not eating recommended doses of fruits/veggies.

The problem is that it is nutritionally deficient for its calorie content. Make sure you get leafy greens in and you’ll be fine.

Maybe slight increase in ass cancer, but probably not gonna happen.

>in-n-out
>expensive
cope harder east coastie

Kek, is this a serious question?
Holy fuck, let me guess your American, amirite?
Look up the word "nutrition" on Google, I know this will be hard for you but start reading some Wikipedia pages about it I guess.
Fast food is high in sodium, high in fat, high in calories and low in nutritional value.
Jesus fuck! I can't believe that this is a legitimate question.

>I really can't imagine how someone would eat that regularly and how it might feel.
If only there was a documentary about it.

People spew all sorts of memes about it being full of "chemicals" or it not being real food, which is pretty much all nonsense. It's just bread, meat, fat, sugar, potatoes etc.

The only real problem is that it makes it easy to eat more calories than you need and is unbalanced in that it's high in macros like carbs and fat and low in micronutrients. There's no good or bad foods, only good or bad diets.

If you dont eat fries and soda you cut like 80% of useless calories.

>the long babbling post with no substance

Is this sarcasm? I'm not sure I would watch something so horrific.

You think a burger contains useful calories? Don't be retarded.
>long
....dude

>supersize me
>some fucking ugly skinnyfat jew starts eating over his regular portion size by going to mcdonalds everyday getting soda and fries
>doesn't ever exercise
>sits around and eats fries
>complains his health gets worse

so scientific

>
Woops!

Sorry, cranky today.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Size_Me

>jew
what does this have to do with anything srsly

"Supersize Me" has been completely debunked.

>made profit by making the worst documentary
>watch me not workout and eat fries and sodas over my caloric limit
>watch me complain about being fat
fucking jews
greedy and cheap as fuck
sneaky as fuck too

Its meat, bread, salt and chemicals you get in most of the food. What bad calories are in there.

>it's another "muh chemicals" episode

>yfw /pol/ is now so gay for corporatocracy they're shilling for fast food on Veeky Forums

No worries, man.
>He will attempt to walk about as much as a typical United States citizen, based on a suggested figure of 5,000 standardized distance steps per day.
>5,000 steps
fucking hell

I didnt quite get these buzzwords.

slave, you eat food for dogs and swine

Seriously.... all the 4 things you mentioned aren't healthy.

>Bread and meat aren't "healthy"
What does this even mean? They're just collections of carbohydrates, proteins, fats, minerals, chemicals etc. What matters is your overall intake of these things in the long term, not the configuration they took when you ate them.

This idea that certain foods are "bad" and damage you while certain foods are "good" is so stupid and is honestly doing harm as it makes people think incorrectly about nutrition and have bad diets.

Just get the burgers and ask for no mayonnaise.

It's white bread. Milling whole wheat into white flour may cause as much as a 300-fold decrease in phytonutrient content and white bread may be associated with increased cancer risk, especially prostate cancer. There are few antioxidants in white bread. Eating white bread also seems to have a negative effect on cognitive function and it appears to increase our insulin level.

Animal muscle including beef naturally contains significant amounts of saturated fats, trans-fats and cholesterol, all of which increase our risk of cardiovascular disease and stroke. Saturated fat may also play an important role in the development of autoimmune diseases, such as multiple sclerosis. Beef has been considered richer in fat and cholesterol than other meat, but switching to eating chicken and fish does not lower cholesterol. All meat contains sex hormones, which may contribute to menstrual cycle irregularities and infertility, and arachidonic acid, a biologically active metabolite which plays an important role in inflammatory processes and may have an impact on mood regulation. Spermine, another biologically active metabolite, may promote weight gain.

Like, the fucking name is FRIES. FRIED fucking retard.

Also, try to look deeper than macros. Everything at Mcdonalds is cooked with soybean oil and has other chemical testosterone-inhibiting substances.

1) tends to have trans fats
2) actually expensive when compared to shit you can cook at home
3) fiber is non-existent

If you still get fiber in other ways, avoid the trans fat shit, and can spend the money the yes it's fine

Gee, I wonder how humanity has survived thus far.

Processed grains are relatively new and the amount of meat we eat also is not the same as how much we used too. There is a reason so many are overweight, have cancer, diabetes or heart disease.

>5000 kcal a day
>how did I get fat reee? fast food is bad bad bad!
today.com/health/man-loses-56-pounds-after-eating-only-mcdonalds-six-months-2D79329158

>It is like 90% fat lol.
No it's loaded with carbs

The only bad thing about fast food aside from the sugar water is the fact that the food is made, usually, in very unsanitary conditions
I used to eat fast food every day since moving out of my parent's house I went a year straight without eating it now that good will make me shit so bad
I can eat the exact same meal at home and not get sick it's the prep most of the time

That bro science is off the charts

>sugar water
Why drink any soda but diet?

Your calling what I said bro science?
You're the one thinking a McDonald burger is healthy.

Enjoy your hypertension.

Focus on macros, not enough on micros. Protip: both are horrible in fast food.

Why the fuck would you take the chance of spit being in your burger?

Fiberless carbohydrates are useless, worse than starvation in terms of longevity. Everything is cooked in hydtolized oils proven by multiple researches to cause allergies and cancer.

The standard is coke for some every fast food joint

>Implying he's not on keto
The McDonald's burger actually perfectly hits the standard keto macros and keto usually drains your sodium

>4x4
>Animal fry
>Large shake
Still under $11 you fatass how much are you ordering? A meal like that explains your ordeal

OPs point is what if you're a skinny fuck that wants that fat?

GOMAD

Sugary, salty, heavily processed buns
Low quality “beef” mixed with other bullshit
A small amount of shit quality vegetables
Fatty, salty sauces on buns

Yeah burgers are good

If you're referring to supersize me it's been thoroughly debunked

It's the written version of a McDonald's hamburger

What did he mean by this?

So those same chemicals prolong my life too?

>haven't bought a fast food meal in years
Getting two McWraps is way better.

yes
you should snort some conservants and you will never rot!

It's soy mate, you are being fed with soy

well it depends what you want.
If you want cancer, then eat fast Food and drink soft Drinks.
You will bulk too, not only get cancer.

Christ, lifting weights doesn’t mean your arteries get unclogged from these foods.

Plenty of natty, lean bodybuilders get strokes or heart attacks from eating shit like this. Even if they look fit on the outside

I have a biotech friend who explained it as your stomach's enzymes accomodating themselves for processing food that you eat most regularly. So say you eat a diet that is high in healthy fats (yogurts, legumes, nuts, eggs) protein and complex carbs (broccoli, bananas, oats), then your body over time will optimise to process those specific foods and food types quicker and more efficiently. Suddenly eating highly processed, high in sat. fat foods, unhealthy carbs like chips and high sugar drinks is your body effectively being shocked and unable to process them, resulting in indigestion all the way to stomach cramps.

I personally like to go the extra mile and cut down on seasoning in daily diet as well. Makes you appreciate the texture and natural flavours of food more. If I eat out, it has to be chinese, indian, korean, etc. takeout. McDonalds, BK and shit only if there's no other choice or I'm travelling.