*ruins your workout*

*ruins your workout*

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Odg2K25sLGg
startingstrength.com/resources/forum/mark-rippetoe-q-and-a/30696-eccentric-phase-deadlift.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>implying you go to planet fitness to work out

You’re not going to make it

It was ruined the second you stepped into Planet Fitness

I went there today with the wife [She likes having no one around her when she works out] and I just used the free weights. They have no benches, no bars, their curl and press bars max at 60lbs [preweighted], and 90% of everything is machine. Most of the clientele is female from what I can tell, and the males there are mostly fat dads and high school kids who fucking stand infront of eachother and curl for some reason. I actually had a good workout with the free weights because... it was literally just me, but its bad for anything else.

The alarm only goes off when you try and get more than 10$ of your membership working out

Tbqhfam if you can’t set down the weights nicely without dropping them then you’re lifting too heavy anyway

At mine db go up to 90

PF is my backup gym since Golds closes so early and charges $15 per visit to bring a friend. DESU, it's annoying as fuck at Golds when a 180lb lanklet is deadlifting and slamming all 130lbs down every single time.... or the faggot who does chest presses with 90lb dumbells and drops them from over a foot up after every set.... It wouldn't be so aggregating if it was ever somebody who was genuinely lifting big and making noise as a result and not some DYEL trying to be seen.

PF might not have the best equipment for lifting big but they always have something where I can do a nearly equivalent routine to what I do at my normal gym.

This

Absolute joke of a franchise. Unless there is absolutely no other option (including home gym) then avoid at all costs.

>24 hrs
>$10
>dumbbells up to 80
>everyone there is a fatwalker or gymtalker so you never have to wait for stations to be available

Literally the only downside is no free weights. It's a great deal for $10 but if you're serious about lifting heavy there's better always better options

>no bench
>no squats
>dicktons of machines which, when done exclusively, can cause imbalances over long periods of time

they have smith machines at least

>not signing up just so you can snag 20$ a month in free pizza, beagles, and hot showers
I'm jewing the fuck out of them. some times when no one is around, I'll snag an entire pizza. that's easily 10 dollars right there. not to mention I shower there often and always take at least a weeks worth of beagles

They got free dogs there?

what is wrong with drinking water?

went to pf in a pinch the other day. my lifts were shockingly shit. it's like being in such a low-t environment actually effects your workout.

I’m normally no bully but almost all of the employees of the Planet Fitness I go to are way out of shape. The assistant manager who is always there has a fupa. The only dude there who is anywhere near being in good shape is a 5’5” manlet pit refugee.

It’s an okay gym if you want to save money and don’t care about compound lifts. I’m an old fag so my workouts are quick and shitty anyway.

For $10 it's not too bad. Use it for when I'm back home from college and closest gym to my house. Every pf is different. My pf has barbells, free weights and every essential you basically need. No, you can't deadlift. Squat and bench under a smith machine is the only downfall. There's shockingly a good amount of fit guys in there as well as qt3.14s. Haven't heard the lunk alert yet either. Not as bad as the internet makes it

not allowed to bring a gallon of water?

This. How are the employees so out of shape every fucking time? Their job involves sitting in a chair and watching people improve themselves. They can literally take a few steps and start going at it after their shift is over.

I go to planet fitness fairly often. Mines in the hood so zero fucks given. I go in for chest days and abs day. I slam weight in there, nobody cares.

Otherwise I go to the YMCA because my dads work at a pretty large hospital gets us free memberships. Probably only thing he's done for us lol. Used to go to a real gym with some real fucking animals, but moved.

YMCA isnt bad, just gotta know the hours. 4-6 it's all fucking hens and boomers. After 7 it's all usual gym people, roid heads who have no clue what they are doing, hot ass cardio bunnies, dumb highschoolers and black kids left unattended.

I'm currently losing weight still, plan on joining a power lifting gym over the summer. Little expensive don't want to spend money just yet, but really legit 1 on 1 coaching. One of the guys held a legit world, there benching 220 at 130lb I think.

Planet fitness has kettle bells, battle ropes, standard pull down machines, etc. Their elipticals also aren't as good as somewhere like YMCA and Crunch. I think they don't have barbells because there aren't any real trainers there and it's a liability kek

Basically:
>PF has no trainers, so less equipment
>Not a good place to really learn weightlifting
>Equipment is lacking, even the machines aren't great.
>I'd choose somewhere like crunch any day of the week

Planet fitness workers are basically McDonald's tier workers. Shame to see this happen to gyms, but it keeps the normies out of the good ones.

at my gym the trainers lift during their shifts

>tfw working in with the 6'3" Allison Williams doppelganger who OHPs almost as much as you

My buddy let's me use his black pass. They are open 24/7 unlike my shitty gym.

youtube.com/watch?v=Odg2K25sLGg

wtf is this for real?

can confirm. grabbed a beagle and bounced when nobody was looking like two weeks ago.

Found the dyel. If you’re lifting heavy enough you’re gonna make noise

Why would anyone go there? They don’t even have a Manlet pit,

The only planet fitness is missing is a hangout area and they can be just a place for people to go hangout workout and get free food and buy a t-shirt and shit.

The hardcore gearheads and lifters and SS guys/gals? They can kick their ass out and never have to worry about losing business.

tell us more about your shit form

there is nothing impresssive about a bodyweight squat

Why is American planet fitness so shit and purple? I go to planet fitness in a shithole country and we got no lunk alarm, no purple shit. Has the best price in the area as well along with the most squat racks.

Because Americans are self-conscious fat fucks

cleaner than you mohammed

but rip said-
>dyel
huh

PF is the only gym in my area that's worth a shit and isn't solely based around personal trainers charging middle-aged women $120 an hour to roll around on exercise balls.

I actually used to go to a powerlifting gym but they shut down because the owner couldn't get a renewal on the building lease. I got the feeling he was having a hard time paying rent. It was a powerlifting gym in a semi-rural area so the only members were assholes and retards, and more than once I saw notes on the messageboard saying things like "ANYONE WHO DOES NOT PAY THEIR MEMBERSHIP FEE ON TIME THIS MONTH IS NOT COMING BACK"

PF isn't great but I guess it's fine for what it is. Ten bucks a month and I get access to smith machines, benches, dumbbells, and a place to do dips and chin ups. I can still do a full routine with squats and deadlifts and everything, albeit having to do them on a smith machine. I don't even think my PF has a "lunk alarm," or if they do I've never seen it go off.

>Unironicly eating carbs
>Unironicly eating dogs

Heh

Grunting is fine when you exert force.
Dropping your deadlift six inches up and making it slam down means you’re lifting too heavy and not doing a proper lift

>high school kids who fucking stand infront of eachother and curl for some reason
check'd and lol'd

>kek bodyweight amirite
every fucking time Veeky Forums come on

You should be strong enough to control the weight through the whole motion. If you can't lower the weight slowly and place it down you are lifting out of your depth, and will hurt yourself.

>drinks and does drugs every weekend
>wipes feces off one's body with nothing but paper
>obsessed with anal sex when there is a perfectly fine vagina
>literally sucks random dicks at the club, swallows that shit
>kisses their bastard kids good night with the same mouth
>clean

You both are showing just how fucking new you are to lifting. You arent the authority on deadlifting, just shut the fuck up.

t. Faggot who lifts for attention instead of fitness

>What is Youfit?
10$ a month squat racks and benches, respectable assortment of dumbells. Youfit is the less gay twin

t. guy who slams weights and everyone around him notices that lifting is a coping mechanism for your autism and lack of friends and gf

>googles Youfit
that looks just as gay as a pf

You think anyone's ever just snapped and threw the heaviest weight they could find at that thing? I mean if they want to cry about "gymtimidation" that'd give them a genuine reason for once.

That's a bodyweight2 squat here mate

Fuck you and go back to your shithole country.

>It was ruined the second you stepped into Planet Fitness
100% true. There are good reasons it's called Planet FATness. OP fucked up by helping perpetuate that total fraud of a business.

For $10 a month I go to Fitness 19 and they've got eveything you need there. The only thing they don't have is locker rooms with showers and shit like that but who needs any of that? Smart people shower at home and don't pick up every germs from everyone else and athletes foot and shit.

Atleast it doesn't have the shitty policy and "lunk" alarm

This. The other guys are probably new.

Anyway, I'd like to see someone dump a squat, do rack pulls or finish a snatch without making noise, kek.

Negative deadlift is still part if the lift

If you can’t control the weight all the way down, then you’re lifting too heavy you dumb faggot.

it literally isn't
there isn't an eccentric part of the deadlift
startingstrength.com/resources/forum/mark-rippetoe-q-and-a/30696-eccentric-phase-deadlift.html

>we don't judge
>jk we just meant we judge people who work hard
Planet Fitness is Liberalism in gym form.

Literally cancelling my membership with them today. I’m now going to a gym with ACTUAL barbells and where I can ACTUALLY deadlift. Now, let the gainz rains upon me

I signed up for PF because it's by far the cheapest option in my area. I'm going to start 5x5 tomorrow.

Good luck without a barbell in sight

>people actually believe this
Go watch any champ powerlifter deadlifting singles, doubles or triples and watch how many control the eccentric.

While you're at it lurk moar and stop giving out advice.

>Unironicly unironically