Foam rollers

What kind of fucking foam roller should I buy?

Other urls found in this thread:

healthybutsmart.com/foam-rollers/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4637917/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

A solid piece of foam. The other kinds like your pic and the spiky ones are just memes

Look for one made out of foam

is this thing actually usefull?

no, it is a meme.

I have this exact roller and it’s just slightly too big diameter wise to be of any use. And it has no give to it whatsoever.

The brand you posted is ideal. Get the middle sized one though, not the travel bull you posted.

Good for flexibility, very little research providing evidence of anything else

I have the long version of this exact one (triggerpoint), and I like it. It's very stiff and works on tough knots very well. It's great for hips and glutes. If you can afford it, get the long one.

I have another one that has more give and comes with a smaller one that is made of foam and fits inside the tube. I think both are too soft, and don't give as good of a roll out.

>like your pic
i have one, it can fucking hurt
so if you believe they work, it works

its good for massaging areas that are sore/stiff

Is pressure = force/area a meme, user? Do textured surfaces reduce the effective area of contact? This is where you learn to think for yourself bb

A metal pipe stupid

first, show me evidence they do anything besides clog up my gym with assholes rolling around like a bunch of slack jaw faggots having a seizure.

don't be so patronizing. if the textured surface reduces the effective area of contact, then the pressure will still be greater in those more focused areas on it, and maybe you want that. what i'm asking is whether the textures are a meme or not

healthybutsmart.com/foam-rollers/
Research study links included

Foam rolling is a meme

get that one in your pic. the foam ones are too soft to do anything

>can relieve doms
>increases joint rom with no impact on muscle performance

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4637917/

that's really all it's useful for. i use a lacrosse ball and the thing in OP's pic and they do wonders for my hip mobility. hips get real tight from sitting around so squatting can be a bitch sometimes.

do it at home

research bioenergetics

thank me later

i cut a hole in mine and fuck it

only real advice

Even if foam rolling benifits are just placebo, placebo effects are still effects.

What do I care if i feel better and have increased ROM because of the foam roller facial junk or because it’s just placebo.

Still feels good

Never change, Veeky Forums.

it feels good, it doesn't do anything for you

I can only speak for myself on this matter, but my physiotherapist has instructed me to use a foam roller after doing lower back exercises.

I can say that using the foam roller on my lower back for about 5 minutes after doing exercises helps to reduce stiffness, compared to when I don't use it.

I use a regular stiff foam roller without spikes.

FYI - by lower back exercises I'm doing prone extensions and bridging to deal with a weak lower back from sitting at a desk for years.

I don't have any scientific evidence to back myself up, but I have been told by my chiropractor, and my physio guy that foam rolling your lower back is really, really bad.

Maybe do some research, but I'm just looking out for you desu

>bioenergetics
Fuck you.

Rolling your lower back is fine as long as you stay off the spine.

No it isn’t you fucking meathead try running for a single day in your life

bad for your kidneys.

If it's your first time ever foam rolling, just get a basic foam one like pic related.

the only studies I've read were inconclusive or showed no benefit but they were horribly conducted.
pretty much every PT office uses them and they probably work on a similar principle to deep tissue massage. I've never used it for long enough to have an anecdote

Proofs??