How many years of constant lifting with a good diet take to make it from ottermode?

how many years of constant lifting with a good diet take to make it from ottermode?

since you didnt say, i;ll assume you are an obese neckbeard
∞ years

starting from ottermode

This has taken me six months

Actually that's four months. Six months from this photo to that other

I'm retarded sorry

nice gainz how old are you

2 years of 4 days a week, just spitballing
post ottermode body, no homo

built fat and skinny fat are awful fates

Hah that pic is AWESOME

I am totally going bearmode

Ottermode is my goal lol.
I'm genuinely excited to get there, mainly because i'm super close.

Honestly the arm part is the worst, it's fucking impossible to build mass on these long ass spindly meme arms.
but for some reason my legs grow just by squatting over the toilet.

Happy to report it's going somewhere though.
the thing in pic related can finally curl 8-10kg dumbbells too.

ottermode is sexy af

5'9
Skinniest pic is 135 latest pic is 170. I started at 110 but got serious at 135

gotta start sometime, itll take a year of lifting for ottermode

girls will notice the mass and like the ottermode on a jack skelly body

Athletic otter mode is god tier

you got prime test levels at 20, im 26 and my test levels arent as high as they used to be. explains why your 6 months is my 1 year gains of lifting lol

I like to think I have decent arms now and they're my best feature. I did a PPL and the only I direct work I did for biceps was alternating curls and alternating hammer curls. Indirect work for bicep was pull ups, rows, and lat pull down. Direct work for triceps was skull crushers and tricep pull downs on the cable machine with the ropes. Indirect work was benching movements and dips

I still do the same routine. Everything has always been incredibly strict form as well. Make sure you EAT

1 day I wanna be ottermode. I'm built fat with a big gut at the moment, losing weight fast. Probably won't be anywhere near close till middle of next year, but I'll be hot by new years.

Keep at it, I put a lot of heart into it and I'm really emotional when I lift. I love classic bodybuilding and some days I won't listen to music when I lift, I just listen to videos of bodybuilders talking about how hard they work and the art of bodybuilding

I'm already half a year in so i'm excited to hopefully get there in about 6 months.
That pic was me like 5 years ago luckily.
It's the tits.

I'm currently doing PPL too! an unorthodox version of it though.
weekly routine goes like:
Swim>pull>swim>push>swim>pull.

it's a bit inefficient way to build muscle, but i can't afford to drop my swimming.
And the pro of it is my extreme increase in appetite. (And i can allow myself weekly cheat meals)

Your sets seem pretty identical to mine actually except for the tricep isolations. and i'm doing dumbbell OHP to stop getting the swimmers shoulder, i should really consider doing that as well, screenshotted ur post

also forgot to mention, totally mirin arms.
How long have you been doing that for?

trips of truth

I have been doing the same PPL since I started this past July. As long as you're happy with your routine and it works with your schedule that's all that matters. I do PPLPPLX because I like the volume and frequency. Thanks, a major failure in my programming however was my chest. It lacks terribly behind everything else. I was under the impression that "nobody with a strong bench has a small chest" however when I noticed my chest just wasn't catching up to everything else it was too late, I recent fixed this last month and hope it works out. I was only doing flat bb bench, I have since added incline db bench, incline db flyes, and dips on my push day

Why is your goal ottermode? It's like so easy to achieve so don't you want to you know, push more and get bigger after that?

I've been lifting for like 9 months, and I'm still a meme.

Just goes to show you what shitty nutrition, and dog shit programming will do.

I've technically been lifting a year, but 4-5 months of bad diet and programming.

Now I'm on fierce 5, and eating right.

Take it from me, START with a good program and nutrition.

Muscle is there, that's good. Only part that seems lagging is upper chest. All around chest development will help this though. If you're not cutting already, start now.

Keep going.

That was my initial goal as well. This changes for everyone who gets to ottermode though. I think people including myself have that as an initial goal because it seems realistic and possible for us, but once you get there you realize you can do so much more

Thanks for the kind words, mate. Yeah, I'm on a cut. Down 12 pounds. Never gonna stop.

If you'd like to know what I see specifically I can tell you. You can see clear development in your lower traps, your lats don't pop like they should on a lat spread but I'd blame that on you not knowing how to pose because your lats are clearly developed as well. I can see your rear delts, which hints at good shoulder development, I can't know for sure because none of your poses show off your shoulders. Rear delts is great though, lots of people miss that. I can see your lower chest separate from your chest. Your bicep is beginning to peak. And your arms are thicc enough to be able to tell you have well worked triceps as well.

If all goes well in your cut, and it'll get harder the leaner you get due to preserving muscle mass, you will be otter mode.

Congrats.

I've noticed a lot of people on this board find chest to be especially tricky, meanwhile for me it's just one of the more ... natural things to grow as i go. personally i'd say your chest is fine, but if you think it needs some extra juice you could always add some presses on leg day as well i guess?

i have a feeling i subconsciously have the same mindset in me.
but as i'm also extremely determined to defeat my past self in sprint-swims, so i can't say which i'll prioritize in half a year from now.
But if my sprints just go to hell i'll probably aim to do a lean bulk past otter too.

This is mid December

I failed my chest ):

Thanks mate! That's super good new.

Also, quick question... I know I'm still barely passed DYEL, but I feel like I LOOK bigger than what I can lift. Like, I see guys way smaller than me who are squatting 315, benching 160 for 15 reps, etc.

But my lifts are fucking atrocious and they are:

Bench: 160 3x5
Squat: 200 3x5 (yeah, really)
Incline Bench: 135 3x5
Lat pulldown: 140 3x8
RDL: 195 3x8

Why is this?

Naw mate, mirin'! Get down to 10-12% bf, and you'll look great.

Also, traps. Appreciate any more tips.

I'm the same way. My squat is actually slightly less than yours, but I mog people around me now other than people who clearly know what they're doing. But at the YMCA this is very few people.

Honestly, I couldn't tell you. I've always aimed for hypertrophy, so my lifts aren't impressive. But it doesn't bother me because I tend to look better than people who are stronger. The only thing I can think of is that because you're cutting it's hard for you to get stronger. I wouldn't worry about this, finish your cut and when you bulk focus on strength if that's important to you. Cut back 10-20 lbs on your compounds for example and begin to add five pounds each time you hit it and continue eating a lot. Make sure form is good. You're too weak to plateau, so your best bet is a change in diet and/or training method when it's time to bulk

Your traps are good, only thing I do for traps is shrugs on the smith machine with good slow reps and holding it up top for two seconds. This has worked well for me.

Thanks family, I plan on getting to 163ish and start bulking up. I'd love to hit 190 and cut again

Honestly, they're not as well developed as your arms but they're definitely not a freaking fail, and MAN your lats are great.
Totally mirin.

i hate to ask this question and i feel like someone's gonna tell me to read the sticky.
But since i'm still lifting for this mode, which rep ranges do u reckon i should do?

Cause as for now i'm doing 4x12's in everything...
and i feel like it could be more efficient to do lower reps and heavier lifts when i'm this weak.
i'm only 72kg afterall, and i'm 187cm tall...

Yeah, I imagine it's dependent on goals. If you want mass and less focus on strength, you'll look like you lift more, but the opposite is true for strength trainers.
I started off doing hypertrophy, but I wanna be strong, so I switched.

We're gonna make it brah. Make Zyzz proud.

Thank you, my back, delts, and arms outshine my chest. It pisses me off but I'll fix it on my next bulk. I hit 8-12 reps on all of my accessory work. If I feel that occasional aggression though I'll push and do a couple more because it feels good. For compound work excluding rows I switch between 3x5 and 5x5 depending on how I feel that day

EAT. EAT. EAT.

I unironically do half gomad when I bulk.

Ah there you go, 3-5x5 on compounds.
Actually i'm a bit ashamed i didn't think of that.

so basically, compounds first, and then 8-12 on accessory afterwards. Gucci.

>EAT.EAT.EAT
i've considered shotting olive oil with my meals actually.
And fish oil before bed as well...

And yeah, you've done impressive work for just about half a year i'd say.
thanks for the tips man!! o/

The reason I do compounds first and accessory after is because I start each day off with a compound and the accessories compliment it. So if I'm hitting chest I will bench first and then I'll work delts and tris. I do delts and tris because they're worked in the bench, so it makes sense to continue working them and do chest in the accessory range in between (I've recently added more chest after lack of chest gains). This gives ample amounts of time for muscles to recover because now I won't use chest, tris, or shoulders when I hit back and bi's or legs on the days that follow. I can now work all muscle groups twice a week without overworking them because they're not even indirectly touched on other days they're not supposed to be.

It all comes down to eating though, this is me at peak bulk at 180 lbs. much bigger than where I started lol, but it worked. And as I'm leaning out it was definitely worth it. What helped me push through eating was not wanting to be a loser like everybody else. I wanted it so bad I was willing to die for it, I forced that food down every single day and I hated it. But it's the only way, and you have to want it so bad you're willing to do anything. And then you have to do it.

Forgot pic again