Powerlifting general /plg/

Stop being a faggot. Pay me.

Other urls found in this thread:

barbellmedicine.com/the-bridge/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>stop being a faggot
>posts an image queerer than a $3 bill

First for snatch grip RDLs

Good exercise, that. I've gone as far as sumo snatch-grip RDLs but I'm a sucker for ridiculous exercises.

>tfw the first time i ever went to a gym was when I was 31 years old and I will never roll back time

My penis has passed the tp tube test with flying colors, what about YOUR penis?

This is bullshit.

A person working 10 hours a day 5 times a week doesn't feel like destroying his body after a long day at work.

You can't give your 100% while having a full time job, also powerlifter are all obese faggots who take roids.

Eating pizza and taking roids while not working doesn't make you a warrior.

>also powerlifter are all obese faggots who take roids.
nope thats oly lifting

t. weak little faggot incel

So much this.

>muh discipline

>muh way of the warrior

Nah I am just a fat faggot who lifts heavy weights and take shit bad for my health

Are you a general or captain in the mediocre army?

You have to live it!

If youre fat, increase your conditioning. Prowler. Hill sprints. Complexes. Weighted walks.

I still managed 8-10 hrs a week working 60 hrs/wk last year with one of day every week being a 24 hrs on-call.
If you don't have kids, you have no excuse not to work on your body. You don't even need the 8-10 hrs since I was very inefficient with my time management because I fell for the rippetoe take up to 15 mins per set if you have to.

t. NEET

t. will never ever get anywhere and think that everyone else is on roids

This, even after working our 6 hours a day I feel tired as shit.

This image is just retarded. Working out after a long day at work can lead to many injuries or health problems, high blood pressure, strokes, getting weaker, stress, hair loss and heart attacks in the long run.

Don't take advice from a rider guys. Ask your personal trainer for help.

4-5/10 honestly you were doing really well but the ask your personal trainer part made it too obvious.

Personal trainers know a thing or two about fitness unlike the roiders who kill themselves everyday and fuck with their hormones

Try harder.

I normally only lurk, but you fags triggered me. I work 60 hours per week and have children. Lifting the best part of my day. I do it at 4am. If you dont like lifting, then keep your triggered shit to yourself.

You're weak. Stop being a bitch. Lift weights. 60lbs in a year on your total. Buy the book. Fuck you. Consistency is key. Pay me.

I know that feel man I started at 24, almost 27 now and feel so fucking depressed that I wasted my teenage years playing WoW.

Sean is cramming in some good shitposting before work.

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRPPPPFFFFFT

plop... PLOP.. plop

Alright so the Norman khan is going into the toilet but not quite at a fast pace as I'd like

I can tell there is more to come..

OH whats this? think I got something here...

squiiiiiiiiiishhhhhhhhhh (faint plopping sounds).. . Plop

SPLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH

someone upload the kizen sheiko rip off program

stop doing 5/3/1

26th for rebeka koha takes black cock daily

Somebody has a bad case of the mondays.

@user who wants me to bench

Well, I tried benching and did like 85lb for a tough single (I had help unracking it). Felt pretty hard and awkward desu so I didn't go further. I think my form was shit and my wrists hurt.

G-good night

/blog

Quit saying things that make you mentally weak.

Quit pretending to be Jim Wendler.

Raise your expectations. Take some accountability. Don't buy Jim's books unless you want to. Progress slow but steady. Set personal bests. Eat protein. Fuck. Learn to love life. Stop being catty and cynical.

kek weakling

Read that as stop being natty and cynical

what is better then? mot trying to be rude, I'm curious

the bridge

wtf how did you get pic from my window?

Anyone has garagebro's shake recipes?

no but its easy to break down

500ml milk, full fat obviously
couple of scoops of nesquik powder or whatever you call that stuff
couple of scoops of protein powder
couple of scoops of peanut butter
olive oil is optional

I decided to not warm up for deadlifts because I was strapped for time and ended up failing what should have been a hard 5 rep set: got only one rep. Weird as shit. Was 100% neural/psychological/whatever.

link? can only find yoga shit

Why sabotage your own workout. A couple warm-up sets take 3 minutes.

Google 'the bridge powerlifting'

barbellmedicine.com/the-bridge/

t. feigenbaum

feigenbaum nobody gives a shit about your garbage program ill rather do TM

do whatever you want.

tm is a solid template and even better when modified for the individual

nobody needs to do a 8 week meme program

TM is a good program once tailored to yourself. just realize that you have to edit it in order for it to be good.

I failed my OHP sets today. I am very very sad because of this.

Does anyone remember the name of the Prilepin tables powerlifting equivalent?

i dont even find the jordan shilling fun but still i dont mind advocating the bridge for people who have never tried it and are at a crossroads or indecisive on what kind of training to go for.

if you think you may enjoy Tm or such, or you think you can make good gains on it, then just do that.

why

What is the point of memeing around with bridge when you can have go and do a simple, proven program? People can't do SS right, you think they'll be able to properly do a routine 1/3 volume of which comes from lifts other than bench, ohp, squat and dead?

>People can't do SS right
>simple, proven program
>1/3 volume of which comes from lifts other than bench, ohp, squat and dead

ok youre just trolling me at this point.

IDK it's fun.

How many people do power cleans on SS? How many people actually rotate deadlifts, cleans and chins/pullups properly? How many people start SS doing deadlifts every workout and gradually transition to doing 4 different pulls?

>proven program
You have to be a retard to fuck up Madcow, TM or HLM. And they're as simple and straightforward as it gets.

The Bridge (tm) has one (1) bench session per week. Rest are either OHP, cgbp, or 3 second paused bench. 3 second paused bench is not a fucking bench press. If Bridge is for "people who finished SS but don't want to start TM yet" why the fuck do they bench once per week instead of 2-3 times per week?

i dont get how you would consider ss a program

its a simple grocery list

>proven program

>bench once a week
>cgbp, pause bench, bench
???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
I don't even know what's this bridge shit but you're a fucking retard if you think those don't count as bench press

The only program better than SS, both in simplicity and programming department, is 5/3/1. If you can't see it you're simply unable to commit to a program and achieve your 60lbs a year. Go ahead and program hop and do the bridge or any other fad program, come back when your lifts stall for two years.

the guy is complete retard or bait.
surprised you bothered replying

I agree user wasn't argueing against it no need to project. Should I buy the book?

They don't, fuck you.

>If Bridge is for "people who finished SS but don't want to start TM yet"
Are there really people who spend this much time and effort as beginners? Lol.

yeah buy 531 and give Jim some shekels.
he needs them to motivate you more into buying more of his books

Another bitter, weak pretender.

Isn't that a good thing tho? The longer you can progress every session the stronger you will get. Imagine if someone could progress 2.5kg a session 3 times a week for a year. That would put his squat at over 300kgs.

SS is designed to teach how to train and the main lifts for 12-16 weeks. Not more. After that, if you enjoyed power cleans, you can consider weightlifting.

If you want to have an intro on how strength training would look like during your intermediate phase instead, the Bridge is pretty good for that. It teaches you RPE and new variations movements that will just help your work on the main lifts and lasts only 8 weeks if you don't want to repeat it.
I literally can't see nothing wrong with it.

SS and other beginner programs are designed to be run until you exhaust your linear progression. Whether that's 4 months or 10 months, it's individual.

That's not what these weak idiots are doing. They're bouncing around from early intermediate program to early intermediate program without ever trying hard enough to move on.

ok but
>that's 4 months
very common scenario
>or 10 months
hardly much % of the population. the people on SS after 10 months are just those who stopped LP'ing 5 months before and are just spinning their wheel in never ending useless deloads

"hey guys I have a 3 plate squat should I do TM or Sheiko"

>the answer not being 5/3/1
you have to lurk more my nigga

Ive only just started learning about programming so pls no bully. rate this program I mad for someone comming off SS but cant add weight to DL every week because theyre a DL GDE

the % are just place holders, but the idea is mw1 squat is a mini deload so youre not too fatigued for DL on wednesday. paused squat intensity increases week to week. wednesday DL intensity increases slowly over the cycle. friday weights stay the same, only reps/sets increase

No.

Do greyskull.

8x8 for guy coming off ss is honestly a stupid idea maybe 2 sets max will be good technique.

Have him do SS Advanced Novice, don't ditch power cleans because they improve DL.

Im not running the program, Im practising writing them. also this is supposed to more advanced than SS/GS

see above, rate my ability so write programs, not tell me which programs to do

wont work well because youll be fatigued going into friday. unless you lift babbyweights.

the way i would do it is:

A
top set squat 3-5 reps @9, +backoff
light deadlift variation, in your case RDL is a good idea for high reps so youll build muscle
50 reps hypers

B
lighter squat variation more volume, highbar if you squat lowbar. Could base it off a % of A's top set
50 reps quads

C
DL top set 3-5 reps @9, +1-3 backoff sets minus 10-20% depending on how you feel
50 reps quads

>Im practising writing them
You're bad at it.

unnecessary complexity/10, at least look up henriquez chart

thingken anyone here will ever buy ti

Whats up with all the faggot that constantly post this failed powerlifters shitty program/book lately?

Waste of money.

Pay for a coach, not a template.

I'm developing a SS/5/3/1 combo program, does anyone want to crowdfound it

It's sean trying to force a meme.

thanks lad. I vaguely based it off a TM split I ran before and wasnt too fatigued for friday. this has more DL volume tho

yeah people who are new to things are generally bad at them...

is it really that complex tho? basically TM with
>mon: Int squat
>wed: Int dl
>fri: V squat+DL
but with cycling volume

>SS/5/3/1 combo program, does anyone want to crowdfound it
No. The 5's progression for beginners is free.

it doesnt need to be periodized, periodization is a meme

just hit bigger weights until you cant. Assess if youre over or under training depending on how fatigued you are; if under then increase volume of backoff and/or assistance. If over then take a deload

It'll have extra anti-stalling potential though.

in my experience thats really retarded. waiting for a problem to happen instead of doing something to prevent it

the fk you talking about its simple trial and error

how do you know how much volume you need to progress? you dont unless you actually test it.
How do you know that youre doing somethnig right? You dont until you progress consistently
How do you know that youre doing something wrong? You dont until you get no consistent progress

see where im going. start with the bare minimum of volume and up it as progress slows down

lad I did this and it was bad. stop being a retard

I'm sorry but you're a gde.

If you are incapable of physically persevering through even the most basic aspects of this hobby, you should pursue a different hobby

it has nothing to do with persevering, I did it for ages and made progress. it was dumb and very suboptimal tho

Sounds like YOU are dumb and suboptimal

btfo. how wil I ever recover :(

What kind of core work are you boys doing

My core job is plumber but I deal drugs on the side.