Have the NYRfags cleared out of your gym by now?

Have the NYRfags cleared out of your gym by now?

for the most part yes, however a couple middle aged women remain.

its just starting to pick up by now

Usually my 4am - 630am slot is the same 6-8 people, lately with a couple resolutioners here and there. But for some reason today had like 5x the number of newfags, including one dumb bitch doing nothing but smooch-face selfies to failure.

I go to a 24/7 Gym in a small town at night (3:AM ish)
Usually I'm all alone but lately there've been a few fatties that said they're too insecure to go during the day.

Can't even play my own music over the speakers now feelsbad.

Nope, I'm still there

No. I don't know how much time it's going to take, this is my first NY in the current gym. My autism suffers really bad. Disordered dumbbells, plates, dumb cunts doing meme exercises. I'm in pain almost every second I'm in the gym.

Some fat lady joined today and I smiled. It's a start but I highly doubt she'll continue after a few weeks.

I'm a homegym faggot, but really, are they leaving THIS EARLY? Just over two weeks and they are already giving up, damn man..

There's a reason fatties are fat, they have zero discipline.

>lift in a super secret gym
>only cool regulars and students go there

>Usually my 4am - 630am slot is the same 6-8 people
Same
I never noticed them showing up, because they don't come in at 4:30AM when I lift

thats all i want in life. a gym in a basement beneath a 24 hour restaurant/bar.

>first day back at gym after new year
>lots of NYRs but they're all round the front of the gym using machines and treadmills
>be bench pressing at the back of the gym away from the rabble
>guy comes over and asks to work in
>"hey are you new here? I haven't seen your face around before"
>mfw I've been a member of this gym for over a year

What did he mean by this lads? Does this mean I look like I don't lift?

He was just training to make conversation autist, and with all the newfags it was on his mind

homegym here, thankfully no my dads still sticking with it

Today is "blue Monday", apparently the time where most people have given up on their NYR.
My gym is noticeably quiet already compared to the start of January

Not gym but swimfag here. Extremely full still. Full of numales that act tough because"come at me beach" and block the edges of the pool to chitchat with their "bros" so I can't swim my laps properly.

Please kill them already.

>Usually my 4am - 630am slot is the same 6-8 people, lately with a couple resolutioners here and there
Same here. Early morning masterrace

No, actually. I wish all the skinny dyel fags would leave. BUT, I wish all the new hotties and thots would stick around kek.

Everybody has to start somewhere and we were all beginners at some point. Embrace these people joining the gym and be glad they are at least trying. Gyms are for everyone. Beginners and advanced. If someone is lifting wrong or using a machine wrong take the time to show them how to properly use the equipment. They will appreciate the help and you might make a cool new friend in the process and increase dem good karmic gains as well.

>moved mid December
>Now at a new gym
>Everyone thinks I'm a nyrfag
>Pay extra attention to cleaning and sorting my weights

I actually haven't seen any NYR this year, there's even less people than in December.

Really feels good man.

No one even notices that you exist retard.

>football club's personal gym
>around the corner from my house
>dad knows the owner
>100 euro for the year
>have the whole place to myself most days

Getting fit because it's new years is stupid as fuck. You need true intrinsic motivation to succeed. These asshokes in at new years are nothing more than sheep following the latest trend. They do it for all the wrong reasons and inevitably fail. They are the fat meme we all hate. They're not newbies legitimately trying to get fit, they're again just mindless sheep that will do whatever the fuck you tell them

What in the fuck are you doing for 2 1/2 hours lmao

Bunch of high school girls suddenly joined, I'm strengthmogging them all. We never get girls so it's nice to have something to look at once in a while.
Pretty cute to watch how they congregate in the outer reaches of the gym and try not to make too much noise, like scared animals.

No

I have started to go later now because the NYR fags storm the place after work. Should be back to normal by the end of the month

There surprisingly aren't many resolutioners in my gym. Perhaps the HAES movement is working.

If previous years are any indication, it will be another month or so before they leave.

not really that many actually. I only noticed a few scrawny guys and fat fucks this year.

>gym only has curlbros

The new semester starts tomorrow. I expect tons in my uni gym. Hopefully I will find a gf there

What kind of gym? I USED to go at 6am to a gym and it was packed by middle.aged upper middle class.mothetfuckers all the time

Packed!!!

>Almost 200 people in the gym
I think I'd just kill myself I hope the place is huge dude.

Was expecting my uni gym to be packed but the weather has been garbage lately so that seems to trump NYRs, like the cold caused early onset quitters. I go at 8am and it's still mostly regulars, empty when I get there and just getting busy when I get out of the shower. Feelsgood.

Want to start going to the gym but I'm a lazy fuck.
I can pick up my weights at home and workout for 30min but going to the gym is to much effort.

Also if I start now I look like the retards who starts every January and never return.

would you say going to the gym early in the morning is better than late at night?

cannot believe i share a board with this chomsky honk

We both know I'm not smart enough to understand that insult.

Go to one of my cities big Rec centres.

Place has been fucked the last couple weeks but it's getting back to normal.

If you've ever used a deadlift platform to do a body weight routine I hope someone stabs you in the eye.

at least you're honest. now go back to your home board until you sort yourself out

my home board is /aco
I'm here to sort myself out, isn't that the point of /fit

I’m so glad I don’t go to uni gym anymore. It’s usually packed once classes start up again with fags trying to get abs for spring break.

all you need is the sticky. don't skim

NO! They're an annoyance beyond the comprehensible.
>Bench the bar
>Curls in squat rack
>Squat in deadlift area
Mad.

This, last week was fine but boy today was almost unbearable.

Yes for the most part. I went in the other night some fucking guy was going around doing random movements in random places for an hour. He would run to one side, do this tactical lean left and right in the mirror, then crouch down and do a small frog hop. Then he would jog back, pick up two pink women's dumbbells, and start moving his arms around in a nonspecific way. He would complete the circuit with a trip to the fountain to drink his protein shake. He ended this by getting on a treadmill and walking for an hour. The shit I've seen in my tiny gym at new year is unbelievable.

>body weight routine
Why the fuck do these people COME TO THE GYM to do something they could do at home?

Just got back from mine and it is definitely not over yet. I give it until February. But I go to an Army gym so people at least have a bit of a reason to work out so it takes longer. Have also been seeing people who used to be regulars for a long time come back out of nowhere.

haven't went to gym for the past 2 moths, feels bad

I love the fact that there are a lot of unfit people in the military, granted there's still a bunch, but it's usually consistent until it's time to take a fitness test.

I haven't been in three months and now you've made me self-conscious about going back during January. Thanks a lot.

I'm just gonna home gym it. I only use the flat bench anyways.

No, I'm still going

No. Luckily those bitches wouldn't dare do anything in the squat rack, so I mog it for the 1 1/2 hours I'm in there

>planet fitness, fit4less and some specialty one-on-one gyms opened up in my area the last few years
>no increase in gym traffic at the reliable YMCA

there are a fair amount of new faces, thankfully most are not using power rack / barbell. one girl really pissed me off today. i was using the rack, had all the stuff there, she at first asked if i am done, i said i have two sets remaining, she looked kind of pissed. i did my first set, then like 15 seconds later she asked 'excuse me, could you do your second set now too'. i said soon, wait a couple of minutes. then she basically asked the same question again, i gave the same answer, and then once more, after which i was a bit more forceful with my no. in the end did my set after adequate rest. i mean if she had asked nicely i would have let her to do a set during my break, but that was not the case. been to the gym for a year no one hasn't been so entitled before. maybe because she was like 7.5 she thinks she can get everything she wants, not the case.

Not really. Yesterday morning there were ~5 people when the gym opened at 9am, when usually it's just me +/-1 other person.

fuck me sounds nice

no poorfag, i go to a rich people gym

Your name is most likely Jim. Correct?

>gym never got any NYRfags
>just me and the same three people as always at my time
comfy

No and today was worse than any other day after NYE.
Why do these fucking normies keep getting on the middle of my way and occupying everything without even using it? Holy shit.

I'm not even autistic. I can approach people and ask them for space, but God damn, it sucks to see the gym so crowded.

I had to spend 2.5 HOURS at the gym today because it was STILL so packed. All I did was squats
leg curls
leg extensions
hip thrusts
calf raises
I fucking hate fatties and middle aged people. fuck them.

Wow I would've afterwards put the bar on the ground and start doing deadlifts with a 8+ min break inbetween after that last set just to duck with the bitch

Happened to me last year.
>Felt kinda bad, but it was alright I normally dont workout at that time and he was a new pt so he didnt know many people. Hopefully just an honest mistake...

>at UNI gym
>semester started today
I've never seen a worse shitshow all my life. There were people lying on yogamats literally everywhere, people walking on the treadmills at 3 km/h, people just standing awkwardly around wondering what machine to go on next

>Blue Monday
HOW DOES IT FEEL TO TREAT ME LIKE YOU DO

This, wasn't so bad straight after but it's been dreadful these past days.
I get that it's not MY gym, but it's fucking infuriating having people come for a couple weeks, destroy the atmosphere, hog the equipment and then fuck off, never to return.

>go to gym after 6pm normaly
>only like 4 dudes who are jacked doing some strong lifts and ppl
>start going early in the morning
>fat moms and dyel middle aged men
no they are still here, i wish my gym was 24hr so i can go when no one is there

Who gives a fuck? They stick to the cardio machines for the most part. Every now and then one will venture to a machine and do one half set. NYR fags are literally not a problem.

>decide early on to do body weight routine for month of January to avoid them
>realized today that when I go back I'll have the same gym clout level as a NYR loser
fuck.

An old guy at my gym used one of the three bench presses to do CRUNCHES on. For 20 MINUTES. I wanted to murder that fucker.

Climberfag here, for some fucking reason our main NYR traffic tends to be clueless Asian and Indian students more than anything. I made the mistake of going at 5 pm last Friday instead of in the middle of the day like I normally do and it was completely packed with college kids in jeans and rental gear. Most notable was this huge group of FOB-as-fuck Chinese girls who completely occupied half the entire bouldering area doing stupid shit like taking up entire walls for photo ops and walking right under other people climbing.

I also witnessed some fat girl who was so heavy I could hear the holds literally groaning under her weight from about five meters away. Part of me hopes she makes it while the other part hopes she just quits before she snaps an ankle or something.

i saw a guy doing curls with a belt on at the squat rack today. So i guess not

About to head to mine, but no, they're still here, though I've noticed some have cleared out. Doesn't really matter to me because I go late at night when the regulars are still hanging around

Postition of dude on left makes it look like epic mullet

Week 1, Day 1 (Monday)
>Gym was pretty empty
>Assume it's because everyone stayed up late all night the night before and just decided to start the gym the following Monday

Week 2
>Larger than normal crowd, but not really bad

Week 3
>NYR in full effect
>Good luck getting a bench

Usually go between 10pm-00:00.
Around 10pm theres this russian sloot regular who started bringing her sloot friends.
>loud as fuck
>"""talk""" with eachother across the room
Changed it up and started going after 11pm, now see mostly 4-5 regulars. Yesterday got some NYR guys.
>3 dyel
>doing meme shit
>thought of giving em advice on form and shit, seemed like actual decent guys
>have some printed out workout they follow
>dont bother giving advice
Atleast they rerack and arent obnoxious or loud, i'm sure 1 of them will make it.
I still dont dare going to gym during rush hour. Its just not worth it to check out the sluts.

The gym where i go has been normal and not overcrowded with goons since early january.

Can confirm week 3 worst week. 2 facts keep me sane.
1. Even though we have only 2 racks, NYERs all go for the Smith machine
2. Old man Let (pronounced like an old time Scooby Doo villian) knows me and offers to let me work in without me even asking and abides my spaghetti

Some times I do abs and pushups to warm down at the end of my gym session.

Yeah. The gym is empty of NYR’s now but there was one guy that I thought was going to make it this year because he was really dedicated. He walks by the door and looks around inside but doesn’t go inside and workout anymore. Homegym master race right?

>guy doing 1/8th squats with 6pl8 on smith
>his high school buddies high five him
>cardio bunnies on the mcdonalds salads and cocaine diet
>someone tripped with a 90lb ez bar and took out a mirror
>he literally dropped it and ran out
>some guy fell off the stairmaster and broke a side rail
>you can guess his weight
>there are no 5s 10s or 25s because the cardio class uses them
>black man wearing underarmor briefs thinking they count as shorts
>no strap or cup so his dick outlines like a coke can down to knee
>that guy who always buys a muscle milk from the vending machine

We are the NYR fags who should be clearing out

Dude do you go to Purdue?

My uni gym
>couple more pajeets that won't shut up
>more curlbros
>power and squat racks pretty much empty except for the moments where some Asians think it's a good idea to curl in it

At my local gym though
>girl with perfectly flat ironed straight hair (not even tied back the fuck man) curling lightweights
>with her back
>so many grills doing RDLs with shitty form despite using light fixed bbs

>If you've ever used a deadlift platform to do a body weight routine I hope someone stabs you in the eye.
Holy shit I thought that was just my gym, it's too stupid to think it's universal
Even worse is my gym has a room for circuit training and when it isn't being used for classes or by the PTs, you can use it for whatever you want
And yet I still see this one Asian doing burpees on the deadlift platform

yawn just go at 6 am and there are only like 5 people, even on any regular day there are like 40 at night, I don't know why people do that. I did it once, never again

I've been doing SL for 2 weeks and have made no gains. I've adjusted my diet but I can't see any physical improvements and I don't feel stronger. Home gym btw. Feel like giving up. Haven't even lifted today. Feels bad.

Not at all Uni gym is packed none stop it's absolutely terrible

warm down?

Just prove through dedication that you're not a NYRer

>first day of class
>everyone and their mother is flooding both uni gyms

It's always full of NYRshits until the first 2 or so weeks have passed. Until then, I just have to deal

t. guy that lifts just to get laid

If people want to tie some superstition/mnemonic to their self-betterment, does that make them 'mindless sheep'? I'm sure if you asked most of them they'd have decently well thought out rationale for their new gym membership - but this is simply putting them out, making a stranger attempt codify their behaviours, which you yourself likely would not do well - no, instead, ask them, find their initial response, and then speak to them further, when you're less of an 'audience' for them to appease, and I believe they'll give you as profound a response as any, even if they forfeit some week or so later.

>Gym only has 5 treadmills
>All free weights and hammer strength
>Everyone grunting and dropping weights
>No showers
>Newfags are all intimidated
>They go to planet fitness for $10 instead

FEELS FUCKING GOOOD

It doesn't look like you started at the 45lb rate. You dun goofed.

I suggest following the program to the T. Work on your diet first. By the time the weights start to get heavy you should have ample energy to keep moving.

If not, just do SS.

Yeah. Why?

I go to the gym at 5:30 pm (I know) and it was only like 10% busier at its worst. NYRs are overhyped