DIETS DON'T WORK

DIETS DON'T WORK

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YGUi6spQ9M0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

NEVER IMPROVE!

Not when they consist of bread and dairy.
Fake AND gay news.

Or when they only go on for a month and then you go back to your old habits and gain more weight

I lost ~3kgs pr month throughout autumn by fasting 2 days a week. I've never had to really lose weight before, but holy shit it's easy.

It's almost like losing weight is dependent on your self-discipline and not a thousand other random excuses

you're right
diets don't work

lifestyle changes do though

Shove down that lard goyim

>rise in obesity likely due to decline in obesity
???

>tfw you can’t summon forth calories from the ether to help your bulk

They have thin privilege

Look at this beautiful gentile, you can be just like her if you want, it has never been easier

Only diet that works is the whole-food plant-based diet

>rise in obesity due to decline in obesity

I lost 20 pounds over 2 months when I started exercising and cut out junk food.

I didn't even diet, I just lifted weights and did cardio. I actually ate the same amount, but the food was leaner and healthier. No more pop drinks, beer and potato chips every day. That's literally all it took. I was building muscle and strength at the same time too.

P.S. had an argument with someone

>her: if you had a slower metabolism, you wouldn't have lost weight
>me: yes I woul have, cals in, cals out
>h: it doesn't work that simple, there are other factors
>m: no there aren't. No matter how slow your metabolism is, your body can't create energy out of nothing, because fat is nothing but thousands of calories of stored energy
>h: but some peoples' bodies don't burn fat the same way
>m: so these people have an infinite source of energy then, they can just go without eating and live forever
>h: no, they'd still starve to death, but they'll starve while fat

It's right though. You won't stay thin eating almost nothing because sooner or later your body will relapse. It's about making diet changes FOREVER and not only until you've lost your overweight.

As it goes up, it also goes down at the same time

I dont get whats so hard to understand about that

>Rise in obesity likely due to decline in obesity

Whats that about Ibuprofen?

It's true, when I restricted my calories I was losing weight like crazy (it was almost effortless). I lost 26lbs. Yet as soon as I stopped all the weight magically came back. Diets don't work.

>How your body fights back against you unironicly eating carbs
Wew

Everything is hard to understand about that

yeah wtf

I was going to tell you, but you saged

she's right, insulin levels are important, that's why you should consume your calories all in one meal

You should tell that fat bitch that slow metabolisms are rare and fat people tend to burn more calories than skinny people because it takes more energy to move their fat ass. Weight loss is easier for fat people

fucking what

>As it goes up, it also goes down at the same time
>I dont get whats so hard to understand about that

>no, they'd still starve to death, but they'll starve while fat
Yeah, I bet there were heaps of dead fatties in the GULAG.

Its linked to male infertility

Tell her we should send those people to a furnance and generate infinite energy for humanity.

>Your stomach is an open flame
>Digestion isn't a chemical reaction

I read the study, its retarded americans who abuse it for retarded stuff.

How

It's called having a non-distended stomach lmao

user there have been studies where groups of people have been overfed the same amount of calories over a period of time. The weight gain varied from 2 - 12 pounds.

It's still a matter of calories in calories out, but what out bodies do with the calories consumed it vastly different for different people. Some peoples bodies simply fight them harder through varies forms of metabolic adaptation.

Imagine 2 people, both the same weight, same lean mass, same physical activity. Both are feed -500cal under their tdee. In the first 2 weeks, they both lose the same amount of weight. In the subsequent weeks, one starts losing more weight than the other. Even though all previous factors are still matched. The metabolic adaptation of one is greater than the other. Things which vastly vary are NEAT (Non-Exercise Activity Thermogenesis) given a particular calorie deficit. One person may have a genetic predisposition to fidget, or play with their hands or whatever. These things all add up in terms of calories burnt.

When you factor in other metabolic adaptions such as body temperature, energy levels and others is clear why one person might have trouble losing weight vs the other.

Not to mention our hormonal response to being underfeed varies hugely.

To use your analogy, if two people were to go without eating "forever" they would both still end up skels before they die, but the person who has a better metabolism (for weight lose) would die quicker because they might have maintained a higher body temperature or fidgeted effecting the amount of calories burnt.

user, what I'm saying is, the person you had an argument with was wrong, but you were also talking out of your ass. Basically two retards trying to fuck a doorknob, but one retard thought they were better than the other. You are that retard.

>1 shekel has been deposited to your wifes account

Damn, I can smell the butthurt wafting off your fat ass

So if I eat carbs ironically I'll be fine?

Shekel meme all you like, everything I said is factual. In the larger scheme of things this is information every fit/izin should know and try and exploit to their benefit rather than ranting about CICO without knowing any reasoning behind it.

>lettuce touching beef
What savage made this?

>DIETS DON'T WORK
Correct.
A LIFESTYLE CHANGE that INCLUDES a PERMANENT change to your DIET, however, does. That's the point of those 'news stories', you weak-willed faggot.

>hurr durr you have to avoid certain foods altogether or you're a failure!

>"I can't be bothered to have any actual discipline and stick to gradual, permanent changes, so I'll just do extreme shit you can't stick with instead!

>I have no discipline when it comes to eating!

>"I believe only in cult-like 'moral choices' that actually fuck up people's health so stupid food animals, who aren't even self-aware let alone understanding what I'm doing, can live out their pointless (BECAUSE THEY'RE FOOD ANIMALS!) lives.

The level of retardation in this thread is amazing.

I eat WHATEVER I WANT -- so long as I'm not eating too many calories. And guess what? I have less than 10% bodyfat all the time, lots of muscle, healthy as a proverbial horse, and I'm never hungry. And I used to be over 300 pounds at one point in my life. You guys need to fix your shit and get your heads on straight.

This is true for maybe 1 in 100k people, but not 1/3rd of the population. My mother has lipodema which means her fat tissue is like cancer, the body simply can't metabolize it. She eats less than me and I'm a stickman. Fatties going on about obesity being a condishun hurts people like my mom

The information is relevant to gains. Metabolic adaptation happens both ways. The Skel bulking on 3k cals who stalls in his gains because he's hit homeostasis at what was once a caloric surplus needs to up his calories to adapt to continue to gain.

I "diet" is everything you eat. If you eat anything, you have a diet. The only way you don't have a diet is if you don't eat anything. I'm getting increasingly annoyed at the misuse of this word; it exemplifies the fatties paranoia about having anything to do with anything healthy and twisting reality to do so

Don't diet!
Live a little, goy, have a donut!

This is your brain on America

>There was a study where . . .
>doesn't link to the study

As a fellow American, all I can say for his defense is, "wa-la."

>wa la

>parents want to lose a few pounds
>trying some meme diets
>tell them it's not that much about the meme diet but how much you eat
>"it's not fair how user can just eat what he likes and stay that fit"
>start looking at how much I eat a bit more carefully
>after few weeks ab veins pop out and have less bellyfat
>try to show them and tell how great I feel with a bit of fasting
>"quit showing off, some people feel hungry all the time"
They are quit active and not even close to being fat but that mentality just annoys me.

Who do you think newspieces like that targets to,spergs like you on a fitness board or the complete ignorant regarding basic food and nutrition concepts?
Garbage like this just push normies and skinnyfats further into their preconceived retardation

Not memeing tho, but I've been always skinny, whereas my brothers have always been fat, and since I've started lifting I got a lot of noob gains.

I think the idea is Obesity was low so the rise is irrelevent but it sounds bad out of context. Like "Annual murder rate doubles" but the previous year was a single murder. That said it sounds like bullshit.

>The less you eat the bigger you get
This was supposed to be a bloat secret

To be fair, if you've given yourself diabetes by being a fat fuck that last part becomes true.

It was very obviously a typo. Read the context, it should have been "rise of obesity due to a fall in exercise"

You meant
>your wife's son's account

It is well documented that "diets" don't work.
The only effective weight loss routine is a complete lifestyle change.

This is some horror shit. Imagine a dark alley, this thing is blocking the exit to the street. I would probably die

My 360lb mother literally has this exact excuse for not losing weight, that 'diets don't work because the body doesn't like them'

The level of excuse she has started making up is just ridiculous. She keeps a list on the fridge of 'foods that put body into diet mode' (diet mode is what she believes to be weight retention from low calories). The only fruit I can think of that isn't on the list is Bananas and the only vegetables she lets herself eat are Potatos and Leeks.

Last year she accidentally ate a sweet potato casserole because it was marshmallow topped and spent the next TWO MONTHS eating 3 meals a day at McDonalds because 'sweet potato is a code orange diet mode food'.

she will die I think

>9kg overweight because of a particularly long holiday
>bit concerned, haven't put on that much before
>start watching what I eat
>not even calorie counting just vaguely smaller portions
>lose 3kg in a week
wtf

>she will die I think
yes, you can prevent it.

You have ass birth to a food baby

this user is right according to dr fung. basic cico doesn't work long term because your body will start adjusting its bmr to accomodate your new caloric intake. water fasting apparently avoids this and you lose weight more quickly. same reason bariatric surgery has a better long term result than simple cico adjustments in diet.

anyway i don't really care who's right because i'm not fat.

>beauty is in the eye of the beholder
>every body is beautiful

>granting immortality to a middle aged loose puss hog
Nah dog

Do (((they))) just want a fat, compliant population? For what purpose?

That's still CI/CO. You just can't blindly apply a formula to get accurate CI and CO in some cases.

they are playing the long game. You can just genocide people right away. You need to stop them from breeding

>fatfuck continues to elevate insulin by eating sugar
>literally can't burn fat because insulin level is too high
>#thinprivilege
fat people should die.

>fasting is extreme
ignorant

The half inch I’ve cut off my waist in two weeks just by not eating anything after dinner is a lie

Sweet potato is code orange.
3 meals a day McDonalds will fix it.

I just can't lose weight, some people are just bigger.

That fat people logic tilts me so hard.

They are....

they look like humanized ginger roots.

hey look kids it's uncle pseudoscience

Yeah, vaguely reminds me of a Silent Hill 3 monster.

I never thought I was smart, but fuck some people are stupid

yeah, metabolism is the key factor, some people's organism are better at conserving energy

(YOU) (YOU) (YOU) (YOU) (YOU) (YOU) (YOU) (YOU) (YOU) (YOU) (YOU) (YOU) (YOU) (YOU) (YOU) (YOU) (YOU) (YOU)

New Silent Hill enemy: Stranded whale

Some people just don't have it in their heads that they are in control of their own bodies...

Especially doing it 2 days a week... If you don't have the willpower to do that you should actually fucking off yourself lmao.

Your mom is a paranoid schizo btw you should talk to a therapist about it.

>We actually live in a society/culture where it is better to accept someone for being unhealthy, going to the point of calling obesity normal.
>We do this rather than educating people, encouraging them to change, and promoting a healthy person, and by extension a healthy society

Absolutely Disgusting

easier to make money off the populace that way

youtube.com/watch?v=YGUi6spQ9M0

i lost 3kg just last week
it really isnt hard

>I never thought I was smart, but fuck some people are stupid
god i laughed at this comment ty sir

>CNN

that poor little girl, shame on you for using her picture mockingly.

Make me.

Man, life is just unfair.