Lads which squat stand should i buy

lads which squat stand should i buy
the one on the right is more expensive but is it worth it?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.co.uk/MiraFit-Adjustable-Squat-Position-Spotter/dp/B00UAVXV7I/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1516027998&sr=8-4&keywords=squat rack
youtube.com/channel/UCSyByWwlEi4BWzjCdJCQEDA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

right isnt much better than left really. if you want something more stable then
>amazon.co.uk/MiraFit-Adjustable-Squat-Position-Spotter/dp/B00UAVXV7I/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1516027998&sr=8-4&keywords=squat rack
is a good choice, otherwise just go with left

the only issue i have with the one on the left is that i have no idea if i can use it to bench

also the one on the right is double the price

I wouldnt use either to bench. you can bench on the half rack I posted tho

i can't get that cause i'm a eastern yuro poor that would need to spend a shit ton of money on shipping

find something similar then. its not really safe to bench on stands like you posted

why though?

try find some local second hand ones then
there are a shit load of fuckers who buy these weight sets and equipment and dont want them anymore

tried that
don't exist here

the safties wont catch any weight, they'll tip and crush you. or you could knock it over trying to re-rack it

Get a powercage instead. Both left and right aren't really suitable for anything other than squatting, and even in that they're pretty shitty compared to a powercage.

that's only a problem if i ego lift and can't control the weight properly though

clarance uses cheapo squat stands

you need to put weight on the bar, sometimes that wont go well. especially if youre a beginner

I got something like on the left for 20 bucks 2nd hand. If the one on the right is double the cost then its imo not worth it. the only problem I have is that those things tend to move a bit. The right one does not have that issue else its p much identical. except you can hang your plates on it.

i'm not though
i've been lifting for a year and a half and want stop giving gyms money

thanks m8
have you tried benching on the one on the left?

same applies. what are you going to do when you go for a PR? or what if something unforseen happens like. better safe than sorry

yes because uncrewing and rescrewing the bolts to adjust the uprights to switch from squat to bench is annoying as fuck. if you are not hard up for money get the one on the right.

i can just roll the bar though
plus i've always been cautious with things
i doubt i'm gonna fuck up really badly

**ALSO: the one on the right has weight holders, which is super important. you are going to want to WEIGH THESE DOWN. if you get one on the left you will HAVE TO drop sandbags on them. the last you want is for your fucking stands to get knocked out of position when you are trying to put the weights back after a hard set

No idea who clarance is but i reckon he knows how to lift and i'll bet if he had access to a powercage he'd use one.

Regardless, a powercage is much more versatile than just a squat-rack while taking up the same space. Yes, it'll cost a bit more, but you'll make it back not having to get a gym membership. And these things, home gym stuff, whether its weights, barbell or racks/cages really hold their value well. So if you ever decide to stop you can sell it for 85-90% of the initial purchase price.

Again, do yourself a favor and get a cage instead of a simple rack. I made the same mistake and ended up buying a cage as well. Sold the rack.

double the cost
i have the money but i don't want to waste it because of a mild inconvenience

you cant roll the bar with heavy weight

>I made the same mistake and ended up buying a cage as well. Sold the rack
what made you want to sell exactly?

it isn't a MILD inconvenience when you waste time fucking around with the settings several times a week for how many years you use it. plus the maximum load on the left will be significantly less than the one on the right because the screw pin is the weaklink on the left (less than 1/2" vs 1.5-2" on the right). there's a reason left is only rated for like 300lbs

left is 150 kilos
right is 200

they are severaly underating right. left is already pushing it. like I said there's only a 1/2" piece of steel holding up that weight on the left. while on the right the weight is supported by a solid piece of metal triple that thickness

forgot to mention that i'd use it for ohp and bench only
i have a hip impingement and until i get surgery i won't be squatting

meant for

also this is clarance
youtube.com/channel/UCSyByWwlEi4BWzjCdJCQEDA

doesn't matter. same concerns apply. infact knocking the stands out of place is an even BIGGER concern with bench than squat since you can't just roll off 250lbs and not come out wishing you had weighed your fucking stands down (not to say anything about the bar coming down on your face when you realize you missed the rack a second too late)

OP if you can afford it buy the safer rack. Are you seriously looking for people to convince you it's OK to kill yourself to save a hundred bucks? I mean, fucking really?

so i would need to bring the pins down and set the safeties to catch the weight if it falls on me right?

alright m8
you have successfully subverted my jewish nature
i will spend more monies so i don't die

good luck getting them to actually land on those short 4" stubs the manufacturer is trying to pass as "safeties" on the left bro

no i meant on the right

that's what the safety's are there for. but generally when you fail a set you should be slowly setting the weights down in a controlled manner. not just bailing completely. and missing the rack is less of a concern on right since you can drop some spare plates into the plate holders at the bottom of each upright to firmly hold the stands in place.

arigatou for the advice m8
also i've been meaning to make a thread asking about my hip impingement but i've been lazy
do you know if a large muscular imbalance would fuck me over somehow?
cause i'm at 2pl8 added 1rep max pullups at 82kilos but at this point i doubt i could do a 3pl8 diddly

You can only squat in it. And even that pretty half assed. I'm 6ft and when i went deep with my ass on the ground i'd hit the rigid supports. I also used it to do military presses, but when they began to become heavy i really didn't have anything to stop the barbell if i failed. Also, benches just didn't work, the rigid supports where to low to start off from ( or my bench to high), and they where to long to lift over if i used the adjustable ones.

>really didn't have anything to stop the barbell
what are you talking about m8
just catch it in a clean
my ohp 1repmax is 65 kilos and i've never experienced this problem

>youtube.com/channel/UCSyByWwlEi4BWzjCdJCQEDA

Yeah, clarance knows what the fuck he's doing. And it looks like he's training in a Olympic gym where it doesn't matter if you drop 300kgs from shoulderweight. That's not something i'd try in my bedroom. Not so much that the floor wouldn't be able to take such a drop buy my plates certainly wouldn't.

Hey man, suit yourself. Just my 2 two cents.

not critiquing your experience with the stand i'm just saying you must have some weird press form
i think training with power racks makes you to dependent on useless gear
thus limiting what you think you can do with your body alone
or maybe i just like feel of oly style free weights

I have something similar to the one on the left and use it to squat and bench. Got it because my area to work out is small and I can stash it in the corner when I'm done. I haven't put much more than 2 pl8 on it, so I can't speak for the durability under high weight, but it has been fine for me so far. As one user suggested, make sure you weigh down the base when you're using it.