/fast/ #87 - Fasting kills tumors edition

>What is /fast/?
Fast is a thread for the discussion of intermittent fasting, fasting, water fasting, and dry fasting.

>WATCH THIS BEFORE ASKING STUPID QUESTIONS
youtu.be/APZCfmgzoS0
>WHY SHOULD I FAST?
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3946160/

>Weight loss
>Better skin
>Autophagy

>WHAT IS AUTOPHAGY?
It's when your body takes apart useless, shitty cells. (Cancer cells, cells with broken protein, acne, loose skin, etc)
idmprogram.com/fasting-and-autophagy-mtor-autophagy-1/

>FASTING FUCKS TUMOR GROWTH
youtube.com/watch?v=LGafhm1cuSI

>HOW DO I SAFELY FAST?
>take around 4700 mg of potassium per day max
>2000 up to 3000 mg of sodium per day max
>MIX THIS INTO AT LEAST A LITER OF WATER, sip it through the day. This will keep you hydrated.

>HERES WHY YOU ARENT ACTUALLY HUNGRY IF YOU HAVE MORE THAN 8% BODYFAT
youtube.com/watch?v=dFT2IKmwyfg

>WHAT SHOULD MY FASTING ROUTINE LOOK LIKE?
If you're lean, 5:2!-- OMAD (one meal a day, 1-2 hour eating window) 5 days a week + 48 hour fast a week
If you're a fatass, FAST UNTIL YOU AREN'T.

>WONT I GO INTO STARVATION MODE AND DIE?!
You don't have the willpower to fast to death. Now look down. See that large bulbous gut? That's food. Thousands and thousands of calories stored and ready to be consumed by your body.

>WONT I LOSE MUSCLE?
This is the coolest part about fasting. Your body remains very anabolic when you fast.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5064803/
"Our results suggest that a fasting program in conjunction with resistance training can decrease fat mass, and maintain muscle mass in resistance-trained males."

>Sugar is more addictive than coke
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23719144

Other urls found in this thread:

healthline.com/health/throwing-up-bile
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Well /fast/ fuck me,

fasted from 110 to 84. Used to be 135kg at a certain point. Will this fucking belly ever leave me? Do i fast even more? Would it be better to just start lifting weights and eat again?

inb4 >you look like shit
yeah i know, sitting on your ass for at least 10+ years and never doing any exercise while being really fat doesn't make you a Zyzz.

Your tits are still on your chest, so that's fucking tops boyo.
you've still got a lot of fat though because love handles are there.

if I look like this when I reach your stats I will do everything I can to boost autophagy and skin health and would continue fasting .

you need surgery to remove the fat

defend your claims

If I lift heavy MWF when would it be ideal to run 24hr fasts? Sunday into Monday? Monday night to Tuesday? Does it even matter that much.

Yeah, weird thing, using fat calipers it tells me i'm at 16,5% bf. (Which sounds reasonable, can't imagine having less than 70kg lean bodymass with a chest the size of the average whiskey barrel and being 1m94)

>1m94
what is that in amerifat

Is there another way to get enough salt without mixing it into my water?

you need surgery to remove the
>skin

fixd it 4 user

anyway, good job, keep it up

>10+ years bein a fatass doesnt make you zyzz
also kekd

6'4,5'' 185lbs

try shoving it up your ass.

I'd personally keep going and try to get rid of that last 10 or 20lbs of fat and see where my gut hangs then.

Will 16:8 IF help me with my loose skin or should i have smaller eating window to see any resoults?

AFAIK autophagy peaks at day 3 or something.
research that and plan your fast accordingly.

any actual lifters tried fasting and got good results off of it? nothing but fatfucks and lanklets. Makes me wonder if Veeky Forums is actually fit lmfao.

I am attempting a seven day fast and I'm only over one day.

Can I masturbate or is it not recommended?

I took a big meal before the fast and I had to shit twice the first day. Will the amount of shits reduce the following days? Predictions?

that's a cute cow
nobody gives a shit about your dick
you'll keep pooping forever.

Dear /fast/, do I also want to combine exercise with fasting? Or is fasting to be done in isolation? If not, what should my routine be?

>you'll keep pooping forever

fat is hard to burn, much harder than carbs so you won't be as explosive with zero blood sugar
some people think that using your muscles will help spare them from being eaten
some people recommend running, others don't want to pass out on the side of the road.

nobody recommends doing your one rep max
nobody recommends doing high intensity sprints

ask stupid questions get stupid answers.

Did I just fucking trow up a ball of ketones?

But doing my morning bodyweight squats isn't gonna be dangerous or anything. Thanks, user!

4th day, last night was the hardest. I finished my snake juice too early and had nothing to drink. Couldn't sleep, felt like quitting. Today is a hard day too, I'm going to the gym for a HIIT bike workout. You get more hard days than easy. It's days like these that molds our character.

We're all gonna make it.

how tall are you? what intrigues me is how you're so fucking skinny on the top half yet full of fat on the other, or that's some wide ass hips.

do you have pics of you when you were fat?

>ask stupid questions get stupid answers

Pooping is the bane of my existence, it's the reason I am fasting in the first place.

What kind of potassium supplement am I looking for? Also, can I just use table salt for the sodium part in snake juice?

bile maybe.

What the fuck is that shit dude.

Well I had trouble trying to go to sleep and laying flat because I felt like shit and burping constantly then I suddenly felt the urge to trow up and that monstrosity along with water and something green came out

194cm. This is the fattest pic i still have, this is at 94kg.

Fucking hate this retarded fat distribution, can see the veins in my arms but at the same time grab a handful of fat around my waist.

what the hells this hot meme?

gagged

What the fuck dude, get those ketones back in there!

how the fuck do you even have loose skin with that belly? unless you lost the weight in 3 days or soon to be 90yo I don't see how your skin wouldn't adapt.

I think you fucked up by loosing the weight too fast, that's probably what gave you those stretch marks, or If you had those stretch marks with that small of a belly in the first place then your skin's elasticity just sucks bro.

just get ripped and surgery the rest away.

>eating energy when you're trying to remove excess energy

>loosing the weight
>losing weight GIVES you stretch marks

I was 135kg at a point, lost ~25kg then doing CICO before plateau'ing. Then after a year i discovered fasting and now i lost another 23kg in 1,5 months.

Is it safe to water fast while doing extensive cardio and/or weight training? How can muscles recover without amino acid/protein intake?

>How can muscles recover without amino acid/protein intake?
not as well.

don't try to bulk while fasting unless you're only working out on "refeed" days.

losing weight too fast can also give you stretch marks.

I think you should have started working out and lifting when you were at 94. you're tall as fuck, so that's an acceptable weight for someone that lifts.

Shit guys I threw up again
Wil I die?

please stop posting pics of your mouth cum

Oh i definately agree, its just that i'm kinda lean EVERYWHERE except my fucking waist. I can bulk and lift weights but the fat there will remain. I feel like the only option is to go sub 10% bf to get all of it off.

I will become mr. skeltal

That's bile for sure.

>losing weight too fast can also give you stretch marks.
ain't that some shit.

Is it bad?
I read it could be from electrolyte deficiency

idk, I'm not a medfag.
healthline.com/health/throwing-up-bile

maybe it's due to electrolyte imbalance, not necessarily deficiency.

fucking stop man

How do you recommend getting 4700 mg of potassium? I got two hundred 99 mg tablets for 19800 mg total, which will only last me about four days. Sodium is easy, just buy salt, but potassium seems like it will get expensive quickly

fat ass here, doing snake juice, 48 hours into my first fast, going for 72, I've got the shakes, my hands are trembling and I am a bit light headed, I also feel my heart beating. Are these just sugar withdrawal symptoms? My keto sticks are showing color.

How long will this last? It's not so bad that I can't work but it is unnerving.

Sounds like keto-flu to me.
It should be fine, and won't last more than a few days

I get acid reflux and get near puking, when trying to get down some snake juice. I take vegetable broth for my salt, but autophagy is harshly reduced while doing so. How do you get down your snake juice?

Interesting. Go on.

nosalt

it's a good sign if you can still masturbate

I like how it tastes. I usually eat my fruits and veggies covered in salt, pepper vinegar and cayenne pepper so it tastes pretty good to me. Then again I only just started. I'm sure i'll get sick of it.

Can I just dry eat some salt and then drink water? Snake juice is disgusting.

Thanks my man

Second week intermittent fasting. I am eating around 1650 calories a day (1300 if I substitute fish for chicken).
Routine is basically:
12:00 gym
1:00 chicken/rice/veg
3:00 protein shake
6:00 chicken/rice/veg
8:00 protein shake
9:00 15-20 mins cardio

Doing this will I lose muscle and should I eat more snacky food to raise calorie count?

Propel, snake juice IS fucking disgusting

If i just eat straight salt during the day will this accomplish the same thing or am i completely retarded

You don't need to take ANYTHING while water fasting, especially on shorter fasts.

I fasted for 28 days and my doctor did bloodwork, the only level of anything that was still normal, but bordering on low was protein. My sodium/potassium/ all other mineral levels were all within normal range.

All I drank was water, and carbonated water. No food or mineral water.

>hiit on fast
The madman

Possibly. GF throws up bile and gets migrains when severly dehydrated

4700 is the max dont need to take it all

I'm planning to go one meal a day, but will it be ruined if I drink coffee outside that mean?

Not trying to be a ass, but this is the thing I was most afraid of coming from 259lbs. Still not sure once I lose 20-30 more pounds I'll look "normal".

I'm 5'6 and 155lbs now. Started doing the whole diet thing for just barely over a year now, weight lifting two monthes in, and intermittent fasting somewhere in the middle.

usually when your body is salt deficient it will start to taste really good

it does do the same thing, it also has better absorbtion if you hold it under your tongue

If I don't care about autophagy 100 or so calories every other day is fine right? My sister made pork rib soup, I just want a bowl of broth. Give me permission /fast/.

>tfw got my anorexic appetite back
>eat small snack
>forget to eat 12-16 hours later
>eat food
>sleep and forget everything again
>small portions
Also my period is extremely light and was 1 month and 2 weeks late :) thanks fast
i don't even pms anymore.

>reading manga
>every chapter has food
>Never even heard of shogayaki
>there is a place in my city that sells it
>better fuck off to anime before I make a mistake
>Cute loli cooking food
>fuck
>better play a video game
>food is a major mechanic
>call my friends to hang out
>they are going to chilli's
>Fuck I'll go to the gym
>mom texts me that she cooked home made bacon cheese burgers

Why the fuck is food and eating everywhere I go?

A U S T R A L I A
U
S
T
R
A
L
I
A

why not dilute it more and drink it over a longer period of time? i can barely taste my salty water, in no way would i describe it as being as bad as salty water i've had due to dentistry

don't forget
>chronic dreams only about food every day and night
>even wet dreams are about food

Day one complete pretty much. Haven't eaten anything since 9 pm yesterday.

It was easy as shit, but I'm guessing because I ate a FUCKLOAD of calories over the weekend during a funeral/wake.

Will tomorrow be the reckoning? I got slightly hungry but it was easy to ignore. More than anything I missed having a reason to walk around at work. Also I miss the act of cooking itself as I find it soothing.

My mouth tastes bad yesterday and today MAKE IT STOP

>>chronic dreams only about food every day and night

Had one last night, but in my dream I realized that I was supposed to be fasting and I spit out the food. I woke up as if from a nightmare, then felt kinda proud that even in my dream I showed self control. If i can make it happen in a dream I can make it irl.

My job requires me to stand up and sit down frequently and I feel like I a, going to vomit ot faint every time I stand up. How long will this last?

Are you getting your electrolytes?

Yes, 1 and a half liter of snake juice, for the past 2 days.

no, you just need to stop eating

I'm testing it for cutting. I use keto for cutting anyway. My lifts are in the shitter right now, but I imagine they'll bounce back when I refeed.

It's certainly better than the time I did DNP in 2013...

why people in these threads continue to take pictures of their puke/piss/poop is beyond me

most people here aren't medically trained, we just give advice on fasting

I love this cow ;^;

So does cum ruin a fast?
Asking for a friend.

Are there other vitamins I should add to the potassium and sodium?

Should I do smaller fasts before committing to a large one?

that's the keto-flu

did you get headaches/migranes though?

is it dangerous to keep cumming on a dry fast? Are these precious liquids I need to hold onto?

>Wil I die?
One day

Day 2 is tougher than Day 1. Stay busy. If you're working, then even better.

how do you get your salt when you are fasting? do you just put a tablespoon of salt in your water and drink that?
asking real fasters

Is it ok if I take a multivitamin? Its label says zero calories.

pills have sugar coatings

>blaming a Veeky Forums thread for mental illnesses and self harm

I'm not blaming Veeky Forums or /fast/
this is what my goal was and information on fasting helped me reach it.

anorexics and bulimics aren't welcome in these threads

I smashed my finger and there's blood underneath the nail would autophagy help heal this in any way?