Plg powerlifting general

I want you all to look at yourselves and realise you're the pathetic sorry sack of shit Sean chooses to spend most of his days trying to impress

You are all truly pathetic

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/p/Bd_n1JFAdbh/
coub.com/view/6l5qc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

hi mom

Second for SS is the best beginner powerlifting program

answer me this pls
>SS, squatting 125 kg for 5
>starting to get pretty hard, reckon i can probably get to 135-140 (for 5) keeping the same pace i have now before having to deload/change
what's a recommended intermediate program?
how much can i expect to be squatting in a year? (assume average genetics and no crippling injuries)

>what's a recommended intermediate program?

Texas Method

Just increase volume through accessory work you dont neef a "program"

cant believe you guys havent figured out basic shit like this already

>when you make rules people will exploit those
>why does nobody strict press after a clean, they dont even push press just jerk
Because the contested lift is a C&J? You do understand that a jerk and a push press are technically different, right?

>tfw someone totalling 900+ with 532 wilks asks you to do their offseason programming

I took my skwaat from 115 @ 71 to 200kg @ 83in 9 months period so probably somewhere along those lines, although for me binch and squat just go up with no problems it's dl where my form is shit and i'm slow to advance.

Whomst

squats, bench and deadlifts felt great today lads. doing meme rippetoe low bars and can feel my hamstrings fucking lighting up along with my glutes and quads and adductors for the first time. i could nut.

have him do a shitty brosplit lol

>offseason
High volume bodybuilding then a quick peaking block two weeks before the meet.

>high volume bodybuilding
>quick peaking block

We have 8 weeks offseason and 8 more to peak, the goals are 420/240/345, the cookie cutter offseason and prep arent going to cut it here

Thanks for the advice, not the original user that asked but appreciative

just tell him to work hard lmao like who cares about training principles just lift lmao.
dont forget 1000 reps of back work and cpap mask naps

what program

Cynical. Bitter. Weak.

t. guy who obsesses over working hard while propagating a program that is moderately hard at best

Don't be proud of working too hard for shit results.

>420/240/345
>tfw all 3 of my lifts are higher than that

anyone here link me to a good RDL video? not an absolute beginner but i want to make sure i have all the right cues.

>daddy landed me an interview with an engineering firm despite not being trained in that shit at all

lmfao ez

Too bad interviewers will be able to detect your autism.

I'm a protected class under disability discrimination laws

Wow really. You should tell all your friends about it.

>Re-enter the world of powerlifting
>Strength goes up
>My dick gets harder

Oh yeah, I feel it.

Do you use your hamstrings when you squat?

load is distributed onto your posterior chain while squating

might not feel it like a hamstring curl

but load is distributed

>but load is distributed
I distributed my load on your moms face

the bridge

Is it like a primary muscle in the squat though?
My friend says he feels his hamstrings when he squats and i told him he's probably doing good mornings

stop doing 5/3/1

Hit 600lbs deadlift and 600lbs squat now.
instagram.com/p/Bd_n1JFAdbh/

how many times hav you fapped to rebeka?

be honest

Thumbs up emoji

Someone help I'm having feelings that I don't want to have

let go

That's a problem commonly associated with too little beer. And too much beer. The point is, you haven't had exactly the right amount of beer.

I'm competing for the first time in a month and a half, what sort of weights % should I use for my 3 attempts? I was thinking 90%/97%/100+%

Spot on.

The way I went about it was; opener was something I can do for an easy triple, 2nd attempt was a slight pr e.g hit 120kg binch in gym did 122.5 in comp, 3rd is just go stupid.

Thanks guys. Is there anyway/programs to peak squat and deadlift at the same time in an efficient program? I've generally only chosen one when I've been training. This comp my freak of nature lift(s) will be my deadlift/bench but I'll still be delivering a respectable squat, but it could definitely be better.

Current stats, 1rm: squat 125 kg, bench 110 kg, deadlift 150 kg @ 5’9, 78 kg, 18 years old.

How shit are my stats? Finally start training strenght.

Is the candito strenght/control program good for strenght gains?

Finally decided to start training strenght*

Unless you're a 400+ wilker no need to do a peaking program, just maybe in last 3 weeks pre comp have 2 weeks of doing heavyish singles, then have a slight deload and go in.
Pretty shit tbqh, c6w, conjugate, TM 4 day, 5/31 - BBB, memeburn, the bridge all will work as long as you stick to them but also treat them as templates that you need to tailor to yourself after 1-2 months.

My wilks is 425+
Is there an effective program that peaks squats and deadlifts at the same time? I've generally run smolov/smolov jr to peak lifts because it works well for me.

>first meet
>425+ wilks
Are you a different user?
Stick to what works well for you honestly, by that level you should know about your body and what you respond to.

No, same user. Was just wondering if anyone knew of another program.

>Back into deadlifting at the start of december after a hip issue
>very high volume
>did 120kg for 20 reps last week
>try 140kg today
>hip starts dying

Wew lads

Just start with a 15 rep Max, add weight, keep 15 reps total, until 5x3 gets hard then go to one set AMRAP.

You pull sumo or conventional?

Either way, it sounds like you're a prime candidate for taking a leaf out of the westside book. Keep your actual deadlift volume relatively low (high sets, low reps, submax) and use assistance that doesn't piss off your hip to drive most of the strength/size gains.

How do I train cardio while powerfatting? IDGAF about body weight, I just want to have more endurance. Gym doesn't have prowlers or sleds, do I just run or walk or do 100s of light squats or what?

Rows, swimming, sprints.
Avoid long distance slow shit. Do fast HIIT.

>powerfatting
that's your problem and why you will always have shit endurance.

G I A N T S E T S

Is it possible to get sore in the glute med from a tight bench setup? I don't know where else this is coming from

slipped disc

That's kind of what I do, though depending on the lift I might open a bit heavier than that.

I think this is why I fail a lot of 3rd attempts.

It's possible, depending on your bench setup.

Stop arching your lumbar arch your thoracic u dummy

Just saw the sun first time this year

>tfw checking the archive and I see so many trips that are not here anymore
Why? Is becoming a tripfag the only way to leave this damn place?

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRPFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFT

brsuuuuuuuuuuuuisk sploooosh brofptPlop!

finally! the first Norman khan squeeked out

well looks like Norman khan is being stubborn today and just doesn't wanna come out!

looks like I'll just have to push harder

(four minutes later)

keeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerpluunk plop

(six minutes later)

squuuuuuuuuuuuiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiishhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh plopplop brpftplop plop squish plop!

Kill yourself you faggot retard

Wow we are taking a Norman Kahn at exactly the same time.
How bizarre.

Is this good??
600 squat is with wraps but at the same time high bar with a smaller weightlifting belt. I deadlift once every 6 months or so and my bench is stuck at 395 because of a torn pec that's been healing for the past 4 or 5 months but once it's there im looking at the low to mid 400s

better than 99% of /plg/ only like 3-4 other people have about that wilks.

How did you tear your pec, and at what binch weight?

they all got bullied and left

coub.com/view/6l5qc
I made this for norsie and he still left.

Sounds like an overuse injury (most none accute trauma injury is), so high volume is probably a bad idea

>they all got bullied and left
They all became adults and left this shithole.

Almost all the trips were normies with wives and shit.

>wraps
>430 wilks with torn pecs

how many times have you fappyed to trappy?

I'll have a look at that, cheers.

More like they all got a gf and a life

Post your mobility routine

>mobility routine
Wake up.
Coffee.
Shit.
Squat bar x 10
Band dislocaters x15

Start workout.

Well fuck lads. I just realized i left my belt at the gym. Fuck me

Of course it's good, why do you stick to high bar? How did you get to a bench like that?

>texas method
>monday: volume
>wednesday: deadlifts, light day for other lifts
>friday: intensity day
can it work with the deadlift like that, or is it retarded

how many times do i need to post that if you do a deadlift in between 2 squat sessions the 2nd squat session is gonna suck

unless of course you lift babbyweights, but still doesnt justify the suboptimality

>do deadlift on day 1
>do deadlifts first: die during squats
>do deadlifts last: too fucking tired
???

>1.- overhead squat barbellx2x20
>2.- sldl hold x90 sec
>3.- a few band dislocaters to recover
>repeat 1-3 two or three times
>cold shower
>go to the gym or continue jerking off depending on the day

you need to deadlift after squat on a comp too so no excuse there buddy

yeah but comps aren't 5x5 and every fucking week

1. stretch glutes
2. stretch hip flexors and quads
3. stretch pecs
4. stretch infraspinatus
done

deadlift on tuesday if squat VD is on monday

there fixed it

Not him but consider the following if you really want the recovery day. If you don't then consider just do separate squat and bench volume days.

D1: Volume
D2: Recovery
D3: Squat/Bench Intensity
D4: Deadlift Intensity

this works fine too and do weighted hypers for volume on VD instead of deadlifting

hypers are seriously underrated, its basicly a low stress SLDL. when my hypers go up my DL goes up

aha interdasting

What youve posted is called MADCOW

Just do 5/3/1 BBB with 5x5 squats and deads switched ("BB less Boring" or however it is called).

fuck off jim

This. Be a man. Run 5/3/1. Be consistent. Start light, progress slowly.

>yeah but comps aren't 5x5 and every fucking week
Do a different program.

531 for example.

Do a 4 day split so you have a dedicated deadlift day. Progress will be slower, but more sustainable.

>recommending 5/3/1 instead of Ed Coan's much superior training cycles