Dermaroller / skin needling / acne scar treatment

Does anyone on Veeky Forums have any experience with dermarollers as a treatment for acne scarring? Do they work, or is it just a meme? What about other treatments?

I had horrible skin in my late teens which left me with rolling acne scars on both cheeks. They aren't deep enough to be visible under normal lighting conditions, but if I stand right underneath a spotlight my face looks like a bowl of fucking porridge, which makes me overly conscious of the lighting conditions of a room I'm in. I've been looking for ways to treat it now that my skin has been clear for a few years, and dermarolling seems to be one of the less intrusive treatments, but as with any private treatment a lot of the claims about its efficacy seem rather dubious.

no you idiot
rolling your face won't heal your acne scars

you wanna get rid of scars?
it's either laser scar removal or dermabrasion.

not microdermabrasion, actual dermabrasion.

i thought about doing this but i heard some people that claim to got weird scars from that. like long scars that look unatural so i rather live with the "normal" acne scars on my nose. also i guess u can get bad infections from the needles if u dont clean them properly

Really?

maybe from using >1.5mm cos that shit should be left to dermatologists, but you do need to clean it

LADS has anyone actually done this and what was your experience?

just started like 3 weeks ago, too early to tell, think it might be doing something

Dermarolling is first generation stuff that is obsolete

If you aren't using a derma pen, you just lost the game.

Why is it better?

I tried it once and it made my face really red

thankfully it was summertime so people just thought I got a sunburn

I got laser scar removal from my dermo earlier this year. It helped a lot, but my face still looks like the moon.

Fucking tell us why derma pen is better you cunt

I have one. I use it for regular acne, I don't have scars. I always notice a reduction in acne after I use it. Makes my skin breather better I guess. Does make your face red tho, I only use it before bed. My dermatologist told me the scars it makes promote new tissue growth which is supposed to eliminate the old scars.

Had horrible acne, pits and scars, and a derma roller/retinal scar cream compound has worked well for me. It won't do what chemical peels can do, but overtime there are great results. You just have to be very careful about where you buy your roller from, as it I'd a medical device and there are Hella Chinese ripoffs that are built like shit. You have to be very careful about form, there is a certain way to roll it over certain parts of your face. And VERY careful about sanitizing it. Luckily all the decent rollers come with a sani tank.

There's a ton of videos online from dermatologist so showing how to use a derma roller, and links to sites that sell legit ones. If you are still unsure how to use it then just bite the bullet and get a session at a derm. Mine was more than willing to show me how to use one while giving me the treatment.

For the face you really shouldn't get one that's bigger than .25 or .50. Anything beyond that will overdo it and fuck up your face. However if you have scarring on other parts of your body the longer needles are great, since the skin everywhere besides the face is thicker. Use it only once every two weeks or so, that way your skin has plenty of time to heal between treatment. Try not to use heavy soaps when doing the treatments and they can irritate the skin, same with moisterizers. Try to avoid sun and use sensitive skin sunblock. Don't shave the day after you roll, wait a couple of days so the skin can get a jump start on healing. Apply any medicated creams AFTER your roll, this keeps your roller a bit cleaner.

Honestly I've had great results, after about 1 1/2 years of maintenence I have the best skin out of all my friends, and I had to do Accutane my acne was so bad. It's worth it if you are willing to actually do it right.

I did it for hyper-pigmented acne scars (permanent red dots on my cheeks) and it reduced the look significantly after about 2 months of rolling. Would do again if I had more scars.

Most sites recommend 1 mm or even 1.5mm for the face, is it true that above .50 will fuck up your face?

With what mm?
Again which mm?

Don't remember exactly, I think it was the smallest they had. .25 probably.

Most sites are shit. Find one specifically put up buy a dermatologist, who's office you can actually track down somewhere. Or better yet just talk to your local derm. They will probably tell you that .50 is the highest you should go unless you literally look like Freddy Krueger, and .25 is a good one to transition to for maintenence and mild gains. Anything beyond that can actually damage your skin more than whatever colligen (?) can be released to repair it. Which mean you will get scars and you will get wrinkles faster. However the skin on your body is a lot thicker than on your face, so 1. And 1.5 can be very good for stretch marks.

Collagen
And thanks

my skin seems to get more shit after i use it, like i dont have enough collagen to repair the dermarolling damage, my skin around my chin, lips, and jaw is pretty good already, so it actually repairs and is fine, but my T zone, nose, cheeks, forehead are very bad, huge pores, rough skin, acne scars from years ago, and faded moon crater bumps. for some reason this part of my face never heals, anybody know why? i've tried to not wash it with any soup and just do water only for a week, but nada

Idk try collagen supplement

it just helps my lower part of the face, as with MSM, but its like the skin barrier has been destroyed everywhere else

which is? only one i know of is a steroid: deca

i tried silica its a pos

Use smaller needles

Source?

All websites i've seen say under 1 mm doesn't even help scarring

bump

aaaaaaa

NIGGAS FUCKING ANSWER DO I USE 1MM OR 0.5MM REEEEEEE

This shit isn't backed by science.
It's an entire industry of money making , most of it is bullshit pseudoscience.
ACNE is a phase that will pass, you should just hydrate and not touch your face with your hands, keep it clean and that's it. Use spot treatments when you get a breakout and that's it.

Literally has nothing to do with the thread.

need to know as well

kneading can break up scar tissue.