Owg

Sad boys edition

If you are new to weightlifting please read these first and check the other sources they link to before asking questions:
pastebin.com/1HgVcGam
pastebin.com/wCXeXfkk
chinfl.blogspotco.uk/2013/07/how-into-weightlifting.html
reddit.com/r/weightlifting/wiki/faq
iwf.net/doc/technical.pdf
yashathoughts.com/

>The information that you are looking for is probably in the above links.
That includes routines, shoes, information on the lifts, etc. Check out the pastebins for literature or the reddit faq for general information.

Included in this youtube playlist are videos related to weightlifting which you may find useful or insightful:
youtube.com/channel/UCl3WCm2GfvLxvH877oJ1xEA/playlists

Other urls found in this thread:

marketplace.trainheroic.com/#/program/bodybuilding-workouts/kahle-program-1497071620
m.youtube.com/watch?v=cKQXkZbPzdQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Any of yall niggas using online programs (Besides Catalyst)?

Was curious about Waxman's online program. There's also this oly/bodybuilding hybrid program on Train Heroic that seems okay marketplace.trainheroic.com/#/program/bodybuilding-workouts/kahle-program-1497071620

stop letting it die

I was going to do jordan fiegnbaumas oly template

This thread is dead. Does that mean that Oly was just a fad like Crossfit?

Who here >power jerk masterrace?

>he unironically compares crossfit to oly

i am so triggered rn

*owl

Yes it is, but ussf will be the future.

I find power jerking far easier than either split or squat jerking, but I'm under the impression that means I could jerk way more if I just got my technique for either down pat.

don't worry guys I will not let it die today

lol I had this saved but now that I look at it its bad

can someone explain why cleans are trained just as often as the snatch? cleans are so much easier and the snatch has a ton of carry over, it seems like my time would be better spent just only snatching

I don't get your question. Clean is not really easier desu.

In non oly-routines cleans are placed rather than snatches because they require less mobility and are less dangerous if you fail so it's an easy cop out (or time and risk minimisation) for the program designer and trainee.

>this corpulent tub of shit from a 3rd world shit hole is considered an "elite" "olympic" "weightlifter"

how fucking embarrassing lmaooooooooooo

no bump

You bumped

I posted this on the last one but I am trying to get more opinions
How big should my Front Squat be before I start oly lifting? I can't really porgress linearly any more but my Front Squat is only at 70kg. Should I try to get it up before I start oly? If yes what is the program that will get me there the fastest?

Why have you stopped LP for front squat at 70kg?

Can you find a pvc to practice positions with?
Can you find a youth or women's bar with technique plates, or prop the bar on some aerobic steps, or do the progressions from the hang?

With 70kg front squat, I'm pretty sure you can use the girl's bar 15kg for hang snatches and hang cleans and jerks, and probably even use the big boy's bar at 20kg.

wrt programs, check the op links, there are some programs for rank beginners in some of those links and books

Bump

wl*

i have good upper body strength relative to my body weight (60kg at 65kg bw) and very weak lower body (70kg front squats, 70kg clean pull)

how to increase squats ? i guess i got some potential with my good ohp but my legs are so shit

Squat more

I've done the daily catalyst routine (very hit and miss), the 4 week catalyst routine (good, but short turnaround means you don't get much stronger, just get comp ready quickly), and Takano's C3 (fucking brutal but effective - I was strong enough for c2 but pussied out)

Now I'm doing my coach's routine which is a 4 day volume program with a ton of 7-rep sets for squats/pulls/accessories, which is even more brutal

I find snatching a lot easier than cleaning, the weight is practically nothing in comparison. People who find snatching difficult usually just need to work on their form

>Takano's C3
Got any links for his stuff?

remind me another time and I'll make an account to share it here with

>watch jujimufu since some of his videos are k
>benching with Jen Thompson
>bitch gives literally the worse advice for bench press
>one of her friends is rolling metal on his arms lmao
>let’s her kids hit 1rms and snort amonia

God bless America guys.

And yet she still benches more than you at a lighter bodyweight.

Not to say it’s bad form for benching for powerlifting, but for practicality and safety I would say no.

Oh and she shits on RPE. Cool story, why is it always genetic freaks shiting in rpe ?

RPE is one of those things that works a whole lot better in theory than in practice. Mostly because the average lifter is an atrocious judge of it.

Like it or not everyone unknowingly uses it. But to dial it in, yeh you need practice.

STOP LETTING THE THREAD DIE

No shit.

>I'll bring my torso vertical and THEN jump. What hip extension?

Women shouldn't have sleeve tattoos

I hate this person so much

I see you are a man of taste as well, based threadmaker

What's different between and since in both their torsos are ventricle before jumping

1st one is vertical torso before hips are extended. 2nd one torso vertical when triple extended fully. Take a look at it again.

Is Bulgarian with just squats, presses and snatch/clean pulls a viable way to rebuild strength for someone in a very very deconditioned state?

I have a stupid question, can anyone recommend an android application to log your stuff without unnecessary social media bloat? I'd do it old way, but I keep missing my notepads.

I miss the old days before the internet and linear progression and spreadsheets when everybody used RPE but nobody had a fancy fucking name for it
>coach says
>give me a 5x5 and make 'em tough, no grinding except the last set
>write the weights in the logbook
>look back later and see 5rms and total weights used trending all by themselves
nowadays these fuckers are lost without a damn smartphone app and people who legit aren't experienced enough to HAVE a stable 1rm are calculating percentages of it for their workouts

I have been practicing the movements for about 3 months with light weights and my form is pretty solid rn. My question is if I should get stronger before I start increasing the weight on the oly lifts or if I should just get right into oly

Whenever I clean the barbell doesn’t rest on my shoulders and my elbows are pointed lower. Is that acceptable form? If I point my elbows any higher it strains them.

Is it a good system to work up to a daily max once per week for each movement (snatch, cnj and fornt squat) and do variations (hang, muscle, tall etc) with higher volume the rest of the week?

>is mad at Crossfit
>Calls weightlifting "Oly"

Why are you benching for practicality and safety? If you want practicality, do incline bench or an OHP. If you want safety, do strict press and dips.
It's fine to like bench, but it's a competition lift at heart, and the way she does it is good for longevity and results in the sport of powerlifting.

she looks stubby
large bones as well

Unironically Google Sheets

I do squat-mornings and I'm only at 2.5plate

Will I ever oly? Plus help

Increase front:back ratio, get stronger quads, no more good mornings.

>that ho from high school who trained for a year and can snatch 40kg that is now a “””weightlifter””” all over Instagram and Facebook and is sponsored by xyz companies

post link or didn't happen

Hi have a nice day I am stuck snatching 40 kgs and when I hit 50 kgs I'm too scared to progress

CAN YOU (((((OLYMPIC WEIGHT LIFTERS)))) POST YOUR BODIES PLEASE

i wanna have a giggle at the account of you fat fucking retards :)

Sorry 4 gyno

Qt plz rsp

Far from qt but yes my sire how may I help you in this thread, did you get your giggle yet *tip fedora*

You first

All of the owg great trips don't seem to post anymore

Post ig

>just need to work on their form
>just form
uhh isn't that what the entire sport is about

A-anybody?

Excuse you

I'll work on front-back ratio but my instincts tell me to work on my lower back, it seems I can only ever power myself up through my quads once I force myself upright

I used to trip at plg :^)
Ig: Piss e n i n

The strain is normal and the result of inflexibility, you should correct your form with a lighter weight (assuming you are cleaning with a lighter weight) and being comfortable with the form before increasing the load

I suggest front squats into your routine

>the barbell doesn’t rest on my shoulders
do you mean you're supporting the weight with your arms?

that is the opposite of acceptable form, if anything it's alright if your elbows aren't pointing straight out as long as the bar rests on the belly of your deltoids

This is owg. Whats your wl total then sparrow

I can't clean and jerk :(((( yet
Sorry
But the last time I tried with shit form was a 55
Still sticking to a pl workout with the weekly snatch

L O N D O N

How the fuck do I hook grip? Thumb just slips out if I go heavier than 2pl8

Here's one from the shitter for you

Chalk?

Saved ;). You twink shit.

Pls this is not me I am not a faggot

I don't even know if there's any point in introducing chalk if I can double overhand much heavier than I can hook grip.

I’ve only really done back squats, and don’t you cross the arms over the bar for front squats, or is there a variation with the same position as ending clean? Thanks user

damn sparrow u lookin t h I c c

Don’t do that normal fag shit

>any point in introducing chalk
Sweaty palms should only belong to spaghetti songs

is there anything i can do to strengthen my mid back? I just added front squats into my routine and i'm having trouble keeping my arms up, I currently BS 82.5kg but was limited to doing 40kg on my FS because of my arms dropping coming back up, would it be better to add 5kg or shall I add 2.5 next session on friday?

yo where the china numbah wan resources at?
tired of fuckin' with the russians they've destroyed my fucking pubic bone and my leg strength with their bullshit

m.youtube.com/watch?v=cKQXkZbPzdQ

But if sweaty palms were my problem why can I double overhand like a whole plate more than hook

wtf y u lie

> cross the arms over the bar for front squats

No, doing that would defeat the purpose of why I was recommending you to do front squats, which is to improve your wrist flexibility

Understandably it will be a little difficult at first so i suggest you lower the weights or even start with an empty bar

(Position of hands should be the same as the end of a clean btw)

Found the asian

>cross the arms over the bar for front squats
HAHAAAAHA
Do some research before lol

Srsly I didn't save any photos nor did I type that gay ' u first ;) ' thing

My brudda Veeky Forums has homos lurking all over the place hungry for fresh meat like yoh

Overthinking/not being used to the sensation putting you off.

absolutely not you'll develop insane imbalances and will almost certainly injure yourself

Habit I suppose

Start lighter with a hook grip and work your way up

roiding for this

>ywn cuddle w/ sparrow after a workout