/keto/

/keto/
Is this good? Bad? Am I making progress?
>eating ketogenic foods for a week
>Intermittent fasting for a week

Other urls found in this thread:

huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/03/omega-3-supplements_n_1932903.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

after one week you should be pissing blood, just kys now my man

But my numbers on all lifts goin up I must be doing something right

IMO, Keto is a good approach for untrained, very fat, normal folks. The drastic change + strict nature of the diet sets relatively sedentary obese folks up for success.

If have any musculature, workout frequently, and want to maintain your intensity and mass - carbs are necessary.

Ain't never seen a yolked dude eat a stick of butter and call it a day

I still get good protein but I have a lot of coconut oil with every meal, as I believe keto uses fat cells as energy so should it work regardless?

Those things are kind of a gyp if you are eating a high fat diet.
All its measuring is that you are breaking up fat for energy which is normal if you are getting your daily calories in pure fat.
They are good if you are fasting for prolong periods of times though since you don't have an influx of calories so its all body fat.

Coconut oil raises your blood ketones, but is counter productive when on a ketogenic diet because your body isn't using your own fat to produce those ketones.

If you don't have diabetes, epilepsy, aren't morbidly obese, aren't a woman with PCOS, or don't have an insulin resistance, you've got no reason to be doing keto. No diet has been shown to be more effective long-term for weight-loss for normies than a balanced diet with a caloric deficit.

Eat your vegetables, do your cardio, lift some heavy weights, and stop looking for shortcuts.

So just go back to a regular healthy diet, because keto is a meme diet

Check in the a.m. about an hour or two after you wake up, don't eat anything or over hydrate as both will alter the reults of a ketone strip test

>keto is a meme diet
I lost 90 pounds from march-august.

Meme diet my significantly less rotund ass

Some people have difficulties sticking with a diet that includes carbs. Those with addictive personalities like myself. I've always been all or none with anything that gives me a dopamine rush.

When I am cutting, I do keto. Only because if I don't, I will slip up eventually. It's easy for me to not over eat carbs as long as I'm never eating them.

It's not a meme if you've got certain health issues, but if you're otherwise just a fat normie, then yes. Absolutely. Figure out your TDEE, subtract 500, run your macros to get your carbs and play with the number. Calculators say I need something like 300g of carbs a day, but I have an insulin resistance and anything over 30g regardless of the source makes me almost instantly sleepy like I ate Thanksgiving dinner, so most days I only get around 150-200g and that's just fine for me. Any lower and I start feeling weak and recovering slower.

>I was obese and keto worked wonders for me

That's what I'm saying. For obese people and others with health issues, or personality issues like , it's great. If you're a normie with a bit of a gut, just eat more clean food but less food in general. People make it so much more difficult than it is. You don't even need to count calories for the whole day or track macros if you're just trying to lose weight. 500 calories is easy to skip. That's skipping the morning bowl of cereal and bagel at the office. That's skipping the entire 6 inch sub and soda. Basically one meal for a guaranteed pound a week. Will you be hungry? Probably, but you can eat more fiberous and protein rich foods so you're fuller longer.

can anyone recommend any good keto books to me?

like what are some keto "bibles"?

what's a "real" diet then Einstein?

I'm kinda muscular and just have love handles. I'm trying fasting 2 - 4 days a week as a sort of "catchup" for when I over eat.

Left to my own devices, I stay a good 50-100 calories under my goal. Even when free food is about or offered. But then there's always something special like wedding or something with dank ass food and time you'll never get back while being "that guy one guy who wouldn't drink out eat at the fucking wedding with his extended family he sees maybe twice a year"

Just a way to catch back up to the weight loss train for me.

40/50/10
bitch

Limiting your fluid intake and doing first voided urine falsely elevates the results. Drink as much water as you need. Doing the first one in the AM will yield the most consistent results, but remember that urine is most concentrated at that time. Urine dipstick testing is designed around random urine sampling.

WHAT AM I EVEN LOOKING AT?

If it's your dick then no, small is bad.

As long as you get sufficient calcium everyday. Plenty of calcium is necessary.

Carbs are need for high intensity, like racing

not needed for low intensity, or for explosive moves, like lifting

you dont need carbs to lift

Its all on a spectrum, how much carbs you have in your diet.

The real attraction with low carb diets is that the high fat content keeps you satisfied longer, ie, takes less or no willpower to eat at a caloric deficit.

I am a triathlete, and my cut to race weight is done by cutting out beer and junk food snacks. They get replaced with protein/fat,and I can lose 1lb/week without feeling hungry.

keto or not keto, its mostly just dieting preference
im doing keto diet now, 600 cal deficit,
and where i would be REALLY hungry on a carb-diet, i have to remind myself to eat while doing keto. literally not that hungry anymore

Why not fast for 4lbs a week?

Thats certainly because u are a turbo dyel and not cuz of your meme diet. your weights would also go up if you ate nothing at all

absolutely, that is exactly why bodybuilders and strongmen eat 10k+ calories a day, comes all from meat obviously

Brainlet.jpg

Idk faggot do you consume more then 20gr of carbs a day? Is your main caloric intake fat?

What even is that faggot device youre holding, you can fucking count to 10 right?

This. I'm morbdly obese and I'm into ketogenic diet since last week. Lost 3kg and barely feel hungry. I used to be hungry every two hours and it was really hard for me to be on caloric deficit, and now I have to remind myself to eat. I barely eat 1200 cals every day now. Feels good man

keep it going bby
don't give in to sudden cravings, though technically you shouldn't have any.

Remember, best about going keto is you can live on egg and bacon, lol.

I am keto bulking because of health reasons... this diet is DEFINTELY good for cutting, if u want to bulk ur gonna have a hard time

It's fucking hard. I eat 12 eggs a day, 20 scoops of peanut butter and half a litre of olive oil

somebody stop this man

RIP anyone who works in plumbing in a 100 mile radius of your house

>wut is tht test thingy ur holdin up faggot
It’s a ketonic urine test you inbred nigger swine

you should include a lot of leafy greens in there, and cheese.

Did what everyone told me to do and I retested

Protein powders. Flax oil.

huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/03/omega-3-supplements_n_1932903.html