QTDDTOT

Ready go

So my chinups suck dick. I'm currently bulking (I know I know) and used to be able to do 3x5 but can now barely manage 2 sets before failing on the third.

I've been told multiple times to do chinups way more, but how often is that? 3 times a week? Every other day? 5x3 each time?

dumbbell activities in general I notice my dominant side barely gets worked by my non-dominant sides is sore.

Should I try and keep increasing weight or wait until they're both around the same level?

It sounds like you are getting too fat user.

It's an upper body compound lift like a bench press, treat it as such, minimum 2x a week. It should progress by more than you are gaining weight so you should start adding weight once you can complete 3 sets of 5
If you are failing 3 sets of 5 obviously you can't de-load 10% so get the reps with more sets

why the fuck will my shoulders not stay the FUCK out of my benchpress/chestpress? Tighten scapula, got that little back arch. Niggers just won't quit. Should I just use low weight and pray to Allah my pecs figure their shit out?

Isolate on your non-dominant side, e.g. an extra set or 2, while keeping the total weight of one dumbbell exercise the same

Do I absolutely need fractional plates for BP and OHP when doing SL?

make sure you keep your elbows tucked, and visualize horizontal adduction like you are doing a pec fly.

no, fraction plates are a meme

>bodyweight exercises

nigger do them all the time. nothing stopping you from popping 100 pushups right now. locate a good thing to grab onto and just bust them out WHENEVER you have time like now when youre posting on Veeky Forums

If you have fell asleep on the phone with a girl multiple times does that mean she's into you?

I'm just starting to exercise and work on my fork put-downs (290lbs on Jan 1st, 283.6lbs today), and luckily for me my workplace has a therapy gym open for employee use.

Anyways, they have an elliptical that I started using, and when I add in the 32 minutes I was on there to MyFitnessPal it's saying that the exercise burned about 617 calories. How bullshit is that number? There's no way half an hour on an elliptical can burn an entire meal.

If it can, then losing weight is gonna be easier than I thought.

It's like 26 out and sunny and I'm sweating bad and I feel uncomfortable. I'm fat fuck (90kg 182cm) but I feel like this is too much. Will c25k help?

pinched nerve in lower back, burger with no insurance, what do?
Tried ignoring it but still hurts at 4 weeks.

Are you getting sick?

"According to the Harvard Medical School website, “An hour of regular elliptical exercise burns 540 calories in a 125-lb. person, and a 185-lb. person expends 800 calories.”"

Seems legit, and yeah cardio really makes it that easy. Just don't overexert yourself trying to get results faster.

I'm a DYEL whose lifts are disproportionate.
My OHP is 85lbs but my bench is only 115lbs. I touch the bar to my chest every rep.

Internally I can really feel that my full strength isn't coming out on the bench. When I OHP I feel like I'm tapping into everything I have to push the bar up. I don't get that feeling of using my full strength when benching; feels like my muscles aren't working as they should. As far as I can tell by watching videos my form seems largely fine (though it probably isn't), and I am using leg drive. I've been stalling at this number while the rest of my lifts have been going up.

Anyone else ever have this problem? How did you fix it?

Rest and antiinflammatories can help get rid of the initial swelling of the nerve and surrounding tissue to release the 'pinch' or at least control the pain to where you can move around and stretch the muscles.

There's no way to tell what the problem is here without seeing the lifts.

It quite probably doesn't matter though. Beginners almost always have weirdly proportioned lifts that tend to even out over time.

Exactly how bad is bread for you? Both brown and white. I can substitute all the bread in my diet with white potatoes but I don't know if that's the best choice

yeah probably although you never can tell.

Can anyone recommend a good PPL routine? I can't really find one that isnt cluttered with accessories.

That's kind of how PPL setups work. If you've only got one or two main lifts for the day, you're going to be pushing the accessories to make up the volume.

If you are gluten intolerant it's terrible, otherwise it's pretty meh. Try it and report back

Ah, I didnt know. What routine would you recommend that isnt PPL then? I never realized that

That's normally how most non-fully body programs work. A couple of main lifts for reasonable volume then accessories.

Now, you can change this somewhat (normally by using only a very limited set of exercises for much higher volume) but that has its own set of issues. Not too many people wanna do fifteen or twenty sets of squats in a session. The 'best' setup really depends on why you don't wanna do accessories.

More of a time constraint thing. I dont want to stand in the gym for longer than a hour and a half to just going from different areas doing different exercises. Maybe Im just autistic.

But any good routines in general besides PPLs?

check out aworkoutroutine.com for the basic full-body workout, or his muscle builder upper/lower split routine

Thanks friend

A slightly overweight lady trying to lose weight and also get fitter. I’m wanting to do 5x5 but not only is linear progression slower for women, I’ll also be on a caloric deficit. Is this an effective resistance training plan while trying to lose weight and also starting from essentially nothing, or should I be doing something like circuit training or a body weight routine instead? I’ve been doing cardio 3x a week since beginning of Dec (low impact because fibular stress fracture). I eat 1350 a day at 5’3” and 146lbs.

Weight training, or resistance training in general, is a huge aid to losing fat. If you want to do a beginner barbell program, it'd be perfect for you, assuming you're strong enough to use the barbells and not intimidated by the idea.

If your circuit training involves a good mix of strength training on machines that cover the whole body, that would be an OK substitute but not ideal. Ditto with calisthenics and some of those bw programs are beyond retarded, especially the gymnastics-based ones, when it comes to newbies, esp fat and small women.

Search for Lyle McDonald and his Basic Machine Program, I think it's on one of his articles about training obese beginners. It's a good place for someone in your condition to start if you're not ready for barbells yet. He also has excellent diet advice and a forum to ask questions.

Getting sick of being a fat cunt.

But no I'm always overheating year round. Not so bad in winter and Autumn

Do prescription drugs break a fast/kick you out of ketosis?

Any suggestions as to which muscle groups pair well with shoulders?

I like starting off a week's routine with a good Shoulder workout; If I've got the energy I'd like to pair it. Suggestions?

Been taking 5g creatine daily for almost 4 months now, when should I stop?

Do I need to cycle it?

Should I expect to be moving up in my lifts at all though? Or should I go for a high rep and lower weight kind of deal if I do a barbell program. I know I can do all the basic 5x5 lifts with the 15 kg barbell, plus two 5kg plates for the deadlift. I haven’t pushed beyond that as yesterday I was just seeing if I could handle it.

Would high protein make a difference while still at a caloric deficit?

The nearest gym is around 20 minutes by car, this would take a lot of time for me because I don't own a car. Today I saw a neighbor was selling a weight lifting bar with some plates, would it and two days of swimming (the pool is closer to home) be enough to give me gains?
Btw, I aim to reach ottermode.

Would it be possible to work out three days in a row? I work 12 hour shifts so I only have time on off days. Thinking about doing a brosplit, I guess it would look like ABCxxxABCxxx

Umm yeah? I go five days in a row with the weekend for repair. It all depends on your schedule though but unless you're talking about some special intensive stuff you can definitely go three days in a row.

I was thinking something like this, doesn't seem that intense

Yeah that looks just fine. Especially with a 3 day rest period I'm sure you'll be able to do it.

Sounds like you have a stupid random approach to your training, but the shoulders pair well with upper traps, as these are part of the shoulder girdle.

Exercises such as high pulls, power cleans, power snatches, all overhead press variations and even shrugs to a degree work both the shoulders and the traps.

Alternatively, many people pair the shoulders with other pressing exercises. Think chest work mainly.

Naa

Get a cheap rack too, and this will take you far.

Ive seen that exact pic with different routine next to it

I got an inguinal hernia 2 summers back. I have not felt anything since the initial incident. I work in a factory where I lift heavy things sometimes (

the guy on the right is 5'4 never forget, what gets midgets results wont get normal people results

Ask your doctor.
Get support belts.
Make sure you lift properly at work.

Why do boxers only train the back of their neck for absorbing blows? Wouldn't it make more sense to have a stronger front of the neck to take in the punches?

Hello hoe much time still i need to go to 10 % bf? Im already very tired of not get there yet , i was 35% bf 5 months ago, now im 19%, how much time left to 10% if i eat 1300 kcal a day? Thanks, im 5'8, 72 kg

How do you know is 5'4? Also manlet gains also works at 5'8?

What is all this 1/2/2/3 im seeing?
Is that bench, ohp, squat, dead and what pl8 u lift?
Also is that your 1repmax of your standard wieght?

Any question that starts with "why do x only/always y" usually gets a dumb reply, because x almost never always or only do y.

How many boxers have you seen train, and have you seen all of their training? No? Then don't make retarded assumptions.

what bicep head does this exercise emphasise? half of the videos/articles out there say short head and the other half say long head.

How do i count the calories of something like pic related?

Help me find a good 4 days routine Veeky Forums for a novice lifter. Is PHUL good? what about nsuns? 9 sets seems extreme. or gzclp?

What are some good exercises to improve posture/back?

When i bench with a spotter the weight seems to go up easier even when they don't even touch the bar. How do i tap into this mentality when benching alone?

Chins, rows, back extensions, deadlifts,

It's easy, once you realize Jesus has been spotting you all along.

How do I fix my IBS, nothing works, my stomach is making a constant gurgling sound, I want to die.

What am I supposed to search for online if I want an Adidas tracksuit for running in the cold?
All I fucking find is casual wear shit, nothing meant for sport
Old one I got from service is literally tearing at the seams but it was really good while it lasted

Returning to lifting after a week off with a sprained heel.
I was able to do upper body workout today without any pain to my heel. My only heel pain came from walking up and down the stairs to the gym. It got really painful.

Tomorrow I'm going to be doing lower body. Probably won't be able to do squats but should I also avoid DL?

>a sprained heel.
Wtf is a sprained heel? Self diagnosed?

at what weight do I start warming up, 25kg theres no reason to warm up with weights right, I should just do the movement 10 times

You need to differentiate between a general warm-up that is done before any lifting, and a specific warm-up designed to prepare you specifically to perform a certain set of exercises.

You can blend the two, and sometimes there's more or less need for one or the other, but you MUST be warmed up in a general sense before you start lifting.

An increased body temperature (you should be sweating slightly) will help with mobility, strength, and injury prevention.

so at 25kg doing just a general no equipment warmup is fine?

How the fuck do you guys reach 1/2/3/4 so fast? Looking at the posts from threads about 1/2/3/4, I see alot of anons hitting those numbers not more that 6 months. Is this real or not?

I should think so.

Probably not.

Some people are going to hit those numbers after 6 months. A few freaks maybe even on their first day.
For most people it takes way longer. In fact, the majority quit lifting altogether after a month or two...

Never compare yourself to others. Compare yourself to who you used to be.

can you weight lift for strength and muscle gain and train for flexibility (like doing splits) at the same time? my PT said they go against each other but i am doubtful.

is PHUL a good routine? am I right in thinking once I reach peak of that routine if I stay on it still I will just be maintaining rather than gaining?

I fapped 3 times within 2 hours for no reason, i havent fapped for weeks now since GF but every girl i see is making me horny as fuck, even fattys. What the fuck is going on? High test?

Remove Gluten

Dumb question, but how should I properly grip (hand position) dumbbells for things like bench press/curls/rows? Is it the same for barbells? e.g. for bench press you grip it diagonally, rows are gripped where the finger meets the palm, etc?

Diagonally? The fuck

Been lifting for a year, eating clean, counting calories, etc. No matter what program I do I just stall/start sliding down in weights. If I bulk I gain fat no muscle, if I cut I lose muscle no fat. Same with entire family. I get enough sleep. My body does not change. Roid or quit BBing?

I mean like this

Aren't yout meant to put your thumb over your index?

t. dyel

Get test levels checked

There is no right or wrong way, that tecnique is the best way though, heavy lifts can kill your wrists if you have the bar too far back in your palm

Spooky skellington reporting in.
5'9 125lbs
How in the ever loving fuck do I gain weight? I need to compensate for being a manlet, but I shed weight way too fucking quickly, if for any reason I am not able to upkeep on diet, I drop 5 pounds in a week. on 2,700 kcals, 115g protein per day. Job requires being on the move all the fucking time, so I rarely have a chance to hit the gym. Bodyweight workout instead.

Eat more, just eat anything and everything. I went up 30 pounds in a month from eating a whole pizza a day ( was 123lb now 151lb)

Pic related is me now

very high, almost out of high range. same for free test

My only advice is eat more, what are your stats and lifts?

If one day of my routine focuses on squats and the other deadlifts. what would make the most sense for accessories?
Should I be doing heavy squats and squat accessories on the same day, or do heavy squats and deadlift accessories on one day(and vice versa)?

182cm and 90kgs is on the heavy side but it can be worse. (183cm and 100kgs here)

looking for a 3-5 day routine that uses only the following equiptment
>pull up bar
>adjustable bench
>barbell
>squat rack
>exercise bike

Not exactly a fitness question but still relevant to getting aesthetic.

Face care routine? What's a simple sure fire way to keep my face clear as possible? I just soap it when I shower but that's it.

What's the best program for people who've achieved 1/2/3/4 and are now looking to get /aesthetic/?

If I eat more it just turns to fat, as measured through calipers.

5'8
67kg
12-14%
Training 5x a week with nsuns 5/3/1, eating 2.7kcal a week. Strength is going down. Weight is going up.
Bench: last time I tested 65kg 5x5, on another day 70kg 2x1 with much difficulty. I'm doing nsuns and it tells me my training max is 72.5kg which is 90% of my 1RM.
Squat: high bar ass to grass 87.5kg x 5
OHP: 45kg x5
Deadlift: Only recently started it, latest was 85kg x5
Rows:bent over 42.5kg x7, strict form
Front squat ATG: 47.5kg x 8
biceps weak af. I can't do 12kg 4x12 with a minute rest in between.
Training for a year. I look like shit (See attached).

What meant by weight is going up is, well, body weight, not gym weights.

In love with my rooomate.what do?

This isn't explicitly fit related, but am I the only one that thinks it's pathetic when grown men play video games? If you're older than 21 and you play video games you are destined for a life of failure. It's time to grow up.

Is it too much for a dating profile to put a selfie of you shirtless doing a one handed handstand?

>he said, posting on Veeky Forums

tried adidas website?

I'm killing time in my office before a 10:00 meeting. Come on, you don't see how it's pathetic for grown men to spend all of their free time playing call of duty with 14 year olds from Brazil? It's embarrassing. My wife would divorce me for being a complete loser if I started playing video games.

>he said as there are people literally earning millions/month playing video games.

There are people making millions shilling "fitness" products on Instagram and Twitter. They're still pathetic.

You have to be a fucking pathetic sack of shit to become a millionaire in this world

>Le edgy man
Algebra class is about to start, time to put the phone away.