Vitamins thread

What is the best vitamin stack or just god tier supplements in general to help with overall health
Fitness related or otherwise

Other urls found in this thread:

labdoor.com/rankings/multivitamins
examine.com/supplements/ashwagandha/
examine.com/supplements/bacopa-monnieri/
youtube.com/watch?v=zz4YVJ4aRfg
nature.com/articles/srep07928
alligga.com/conversion-of-ala-into-epa-and-dha/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Withaferin_A#Regulation_of_heat_shock_proteins
twitter.com/AnonBabble

D3 and maybe zinc.

Thats it.

Ive heard good things about optimen. Im tired all the time and have been looking into b12

Vitamin C
Vitamin D(if you're not getting enough sun)
Vitamin B12
Zinc
Magnesium
Bitteroot

Do not supplement with calcium. Ever.

>something with zinc in it
>fish oil
>D3
>b12 if you are a veganfag, or a sipp

>god tier supplements in general to help with overall health
Vegetables
Fruits
Sunlight

You dumb fucking bag of rocks

Zinc picolinate
Pygeum (and/or saw palmetto)
Sunflower lecithin
L-Arginine

You lads better be taking iodine

zinc, d3, iodine, b12

Fuck off Southerner. Some people live in civilized countries and need their Vitamin D during the Dark Times.

ZMA before bed for big sleep and cum gainz

i take 2x NOW daily vits

Currently taking:
Multivitamins
Vitamin B12 20 ug a day
Vitamin D
Magnesium citrate

I want to buy Ashwagandha but it's sold out fucking everywhere i look (NL), guess that means it's good shit.

Anything to add that I should seriously consider?

I took zinc once (with a meal) and threw everything up.
Anyone else had this experience?

proper soygoy

It was probably the type of pill and how much you took.
50mg is the max for normal people and it should always be taken with a meal.

The first time I took 300mg I was sick for hours with agonizing stomach pains.
But I started taking them with a meal.

1000mg Fish oil
500mg Eggshell Membrane
D3 (1000 IU) & K2 (90mcg)
Magnesium (400 mg)
Vitamin C 500mg
Zinc 50mg (as zinc gluconate)
L-Arganine 500mg
Beta carotene 25,000 IU

Zinc's surprisingly popular suddenly?

god tier suplements:
>ashwagandha
>bacopa monnieri
>phenibut

overall health:
>alpha-gpc
>fish oil
>creatine
>ortho-core multivitamin

Go for multivitamins that have methylated B vitamins for bioavailability
>B12: methylcobalamin
>B9: methylfolate
Look for a full vitamin A complex
>retinol, beta-carotene, lutein, astaxanthin, lycopene.
Full vitamin E complex
>alpha-tocoherol, gamma-tocopherol, delta-tocopherol, alpha-tocotrienol, gamma-tocotrienol, delta-tocotrienol

Also avoid magnesium oxide, zinc oxide, calcium carbonate. A good site to check the purity of popular brands is labdoor.com/rankings/multivitamins

I guess I shouldnt go from 0 to 50mg straight away, but i literally cant half this tablet, its solid
luckily for me the vomiting only lasted 5 minutes

actual food

MyProtein products sure as hell aren't the best. Their Alpha Male pill or whatever it's called smells and tastes like a dog barfed cat shit. Absolutely vile. Goes bad quickly at that. Don't ever buy MyProtein products, don't give that disgusting shill company any more of your fucking money. It's cheap because it's shit.

>ashwagandha
>bacopa monnieri
>phenibut

Explain.

You don't know about ashwagandha??
Heh, I bet you've never even had avo on toast..

( Because avocados are better just eaten as they are with a bit of lemon pepper )

But yeah, never heard of ashwhatwhat before. Quick googling doesn't really explain why you'd use it either ( over a myriad of other "herbal supplements" that don't actually do anything ).

Ashwagandha provides neuroprotection, anti-cancer effects, enhanced virility, and can even stave off anxiety.

Bacopa for longevity and to improve memory formation.
formation.examine.com/supplements/bacopa-monnieri/

Phenibut is a sedative that has a very strong anti-anxiety effect that does not cloud the mind as much as benzos or other drugs.

it has a lot more studies behind it than most other herbs and a more noticeable effect

Hm? Well, if you feel like it helps. Thank you for info.

oh so you're just mentally disabled.

>he can't formulate an argument so he calls him a mean name

What argument he said they're for anxiety. If you're not retarded you don't need that shit.

>he said there for anxiety
No he didnt? he mentioned that thats one of many of its effects
Why don't you fuck off to reddit that way you can just downvote things you don't like instead of shitting up this board

Anyone have any good herbs and vitamins they'd like to share?
I'm quite curious.

Anyone had any experience with st.johns wort?

>Do not supplemetn with calcium
Reasoning behind this? I started using calcium cause my diet had none of it, improved my skin ALOT.

Do multivitamins really make you eat more?

>Phenibut is a sedative that has a very strong anti-anxiety effect that does not cloud the mind as much as benzos or other drugs.
literally retarded lmoa

Ashwaganda is also shown to increase power output.

Fish oil

Apparently all supplementary calcium is just a type of rock that they pull out of the ground.
It's cheap as shit to make and get.

It's setting you up for a heart attack. A big one. Cut it out.

B12 + D3

It's a scam.

I've been buying orange triad for 7 years.

God tier vitamins with immune, digestion and joint support ingredients added in.

Great value for money too. The recommended 6 tablets a day is a bit overkill for the average lifter, so 3-4 a day makes the tubs last twice as long.

So i should just eat cheese for calcium?

>take a selenium, zinc and magnesium supplement
>instead of just eating nuts, fruits and vegetables

mk4 k-2 or mk7?

I'm a mailman and still need a d3 supp from october-march

Go for it.
But don't go overboard with the organic sources either.
It's been shown that too much dietary calcium actually weakens your bones.

>phenibut
That's a drug, not a supplement. Not to mention that most countries are clamping down on it so you can expect to get seizures from your withdrawal if you're addicted.
>fish oil
Usually contaminated with methyl mercury, you're better off with algae oil.
>B12: methylcobalamin
Why go for methylcobalamin when cyanocobalamin is cheaper and just as effective?
>B9: methylfolate
Just eat some lentils, there is literally no reason to supplement with folate because of how prevalent it is when you actually eat your fruits and vegetables.
>retinol
Your body converts beta-carotene, lutein and zeaxanthin to retinol, you're better off just eating your dark green leafy vegetables, carrots and sweet potatoes.

Switched from multi & b vitamins in the morning + zinc & magnesium at night to nothing and I feel the same, maybe better. Ditched creatine too and lost nothing but some bloat.

Definitely a /foodpill/ bro now. Eating a variety of unprocessed meats and produce is what matters. Thinking the supp industry is just memes on memes

Got it, im aiming for around 800mg of it. Im positive it helped me with my skin since it was the only thing ive changed and within 2 weeks ive gotten alot improvements.

You need k2 with d3 if you don't want clogged up arteries and fucked up bones do some research asshole.
Also a multivitamin isn't going to kill you you can oversatiate your vitamins and piss useless shit out no harm done.
Just don't be stupid and hyperdose that shit pic related.

kale, eggs and chia seeds are good too

I take zinc (ZMA) for test and cum gains. I wanna shoot huge loads nigga

B12 cuz vegan
D cuz i live where theres hardly any sun

Magnesium to go with that zinc. And I take a multi vitamin, not sure how effective it is though.

Just heard about sulforaphane which looks interesting.

Has a number of benefits (reckon it can even regrow hair lost due to MPB). But it seems to lower test and DHT though...

youtube.com/watch?v=zz4YVJ4aRfg

>Do not supplement with calcium. Ever.

But why?

>Ashwagandha
Some people reckon Ashwagandha lowers their libido. Anyone experience this?

"g-guys p-please stoop" - Your livers.

Took ardenine or cardenine or something and now my boners last way too long and are really hard to the point where it hurts when it presses against my trousers so be careful.

>st.johns wort?
Apparently it's what they use over in Germany.

Can only use it for around 6 weeks at a time. I've noticed when using it that I can't handle the sun, hurts mein eyes.

It's overrated, it's marginally better than one a day with a few extra bargain basement supps with lower bioavailability. And then a whole bunch of added things with little to zero consensus that even does anything useful in the body. The b12 is cyanocobalamin which is the worst form, so you might want to look elsewhere. Orange triad is usually highly recommended, but I've never bothered with it. I only take fish oil, d3, zinc, b complex, creatine, and beta arginine. Only the fish oil and high quality b complex are expensive, the rest are like a year supply for $15 or less each.

If I recall correctly, it helps synthesize SHBg which is what transports testosterone throughout the body. Might just be the increase in bound test, but also widely considered to increase libido. Oysters are full of zinc, and are considered an aphrodisiac.

magnesium, k2, ashwa?

I work in a lab, so I can test my blood on occasion if no one's really watching. My mg levels have been adequate, so I didn't find any need to supplement it. Is k2 just vit k? If so, I don't really need it as I eat plenty of dark greens, and it's mostly for coagulation factors anyway. Ashwa is still kinda new, and I'm waiting for it to go beyond meme status before I have to take yet another fucking pill.

I take 5,000 IU of vitamin D3 because I'm deficient. That's it.

Used to take biotin but I found it made my keratosis pilaris worse, so even though it was improving my facial hair growth I stopped.

>fish oil
nature.com/articles/srep07928

Flax oil.
alligga.com/conversion-of-ala-into-epa-and-dha/

There's a bunch of information on reversing aging now, as simply as getting supplements providing cellular energy, etc.

Ashwagandha has a cytotoxicity profiling (potentially avoidable, but the information is minimal).

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Withaferin_A#Regulation_of_heat_shock_proteins