Alternate to deadlift

I can’t deadlift. I think it’s because my posterior chain is so inflexible especially my hamstrings.

I have always been very inflexible, I can’t touch my ankles let alone floor or toes.

Anyway everyone is going to say there isn’t an alternative but I will ask anyway.

Is there a good alternative for deadlift? I started doing heavy and long farmers walks and I kind of feel that it’s a good alternative

Other urls found in this thread:

breakingmuscle.com/fitness/stretching-doesnt-work-the-way-you-think-it-does
youtube.com/watch?v=CZqumP9KwQg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Is there a good alternative for deadlift?

yeah, stretching. Why do you think you're ready for the most serious and injury-causing activities possible when you don't even have the basic flexibility of a 40 year old mother?

you aren't going to do deadlifts or deadlift equivalents becuase your general level of fitness is not that of a person who approaches advanced lifts. understand?

now go pull up a 30 minute basic stretching routine video on youtube and do that first and do that when you exercise from now on

>I can’t touch my ankles let alone floor or toes.
thats fucking pathetic.
how about you stretch and fix your issue instead of trying to work around it?

Research stretching, it’s a meme.. I have always been this inflexible

Stretching is a meme research it

If you're commited enough to do alternatives of the deadlift why don't you stretch regularly? It's the best option you have.

okay, leave here and don't come back. don't ask anyone else on this board for anything. you aren't wanted here.

bye.

how about rack/block pulls?
common sense

Get more mobile.

JUST

stretch your hams lad

i used to have the same problem. my best stretch was sitting with my feet flat against a wall, straight legs, and just leaning slightly forward until i felt the stretch. hold for 30-60s, leaning slightly further as the set goes on. Do this 3 sets 3 times a day for a month and you'll see major improvements

I have a doctorate in sports medicine, you are wrong on every level.

Stretching just Changes your pain signals it doesn’t actually elongste your tendons muscles etc

I am assuming that I won’t be able to elongste my muscles enough to make a significant difference without tearing something

are you fucking retarded

don't answer this fucking troll

sage

breakingmuscle.com/fitness/stretching-doesnt-work-the-way-you-think-it-does

>alternative
What is your goal? What would you use deadlifts for? If you just want to do them 'cause Veeky Forums finda them cool, don't bother. If you have specific goals in mind spell them out.

Aldo don't let these idiots send you on a hopeless fight, some people just have very short tendons. Contrary to popular belief, not everyone can do everything the same way.

Maybe stiff-legged deadlift will be possible?

It's much more likely you simply don't know how to position your hips. Try touching your toes again right now, only:

-unlock your knees
-keep your dick pointed towards the floor (or stick your ass out, whichever cue works for you
-point your feet slightly outward, and let your knees go slightly outward (following the direction of your toes)

If none of this helps you to touch your toes, I suggest looking up a physical therapist or some shit.

do straight-leg deadlifts aka "jefferson curls" to build flexibility
do romanian deads or good mornings in the meantime for strength

>alternate to the only lift where you can pull several hundred pounds using both lower body and upper body muscles

No?

The deadlift activates a large number of individual muscles:

Torso
Front
Abdomen
Rectus abdominis (under aponeurosis)
Abdominal external oblique muscle
Abdominal internal oblique muscle
Back
Iliocostalis
Intertransversarii laterales lumborum
Latissimus dorsi
Levator scapulae
Longissimus
Quadratus lumborum
Rhomboideus major
Serratus posterior superior
Serratus posterior inferior
Splenius cervicis
Teres Major
Trapezius muscle
Legs
Quadriceps
Rectus femoris
Vastus lateralis
Vastus intermedius
Vastus medialis
Hamstrings
Semitendinosus
Semimembranosus
Biceps Femoris
Arms
Biceps brachii muscle
long head
short head
Hips
Gluteal muscles
Gluteus maximus
Gluteus minimus
Piriformis
Superior gemellus
Forearms
Flexor digitorum profundus

>Stretching is a meme research it

The absolute state of Veeky Forums

Credible source mate.

Hamstrings, while loaded, are not near the end of their ROM in a conventional deadlift. Glute max is too long to stretch regardless. No other muscles are in a position to limit deadlfit starting position. I'd bet either your form is shit, or you have some sort of bony interference limiting ROM in hip flexion.

I have the later issue, and squat width (i.e. Ed Coan-style) deadlifts helped me a lot.

youtube.com/watch?v=CZqumP9KwQg

>literally full of links to citations
>muh genetic fallacy is so an argument

dumbbell stiff leg dead lift. and get a good stretch while you do it

>tendonlets

Good mornings
Single Leg RDLs
Glute Punches
Hack Squats

These are all semi-straight/straight exercises for lower body

fpbp

Deadlier is the biggest meme lift ever if your goal is aesthetic

If you want to be an ego lifter who brags about picking things up and putting them down, go for it

I don't do deadlifts because I'm scared of destroying my back and because I don't want to. No other lift scares me as much. I do 350 squat for reps and can do dragon flags so I shouldn't be as scared, but I am.

If I really wanted to deadlift though, I'd just do trap bar deadlifts.

Thanks for the laugh, user. You are truly special needs.

op here.. I don’t want to dead lift cause it worries me especially in regard to my back.

I just want to make sure I am working my muscles

If your gym offers yoga then go. Once your flexibility gets better try deadlifting again.

Here are some exercises I found through trial and error that replaced it for me. All of them I stopped doing via laziness, but they felt pretty good
Trap bar deads
Rack pulls
Good mornings
Hip thrusts
Glute bridges
Hyperextensions

Right now I just doing landmine t bar rows and go up a plate every set. I go a plate over my max and it feels pretty good on the lift up and the cheating that ensues.
I got to 365 on glute bridges before I quit and hip thrusts before I quit. Glute bridges seemed to hit the hamstrings fairly well.

Stiff legged deadlifts were pretty good actually. You go like a plate under your deadlift and it destroys your hams. It got too cold to grip the bar (homegym) so that's why I stopped.

you can deadlift. Stop making excuses you pussy

In my experience, I made huge leaps in flexibility by strengthening the muscles I was targeting. I still worked hard on flexibility, but strength training helped me bust through the plateaus I had sat at for years. I went from being unable to touch my toes to palms on floor fairly shortly.

I would work on targeting hamstrings exclusively while pushing strength. Hamstring curls, maybe Romanian deadlifts, resistance band good mornings, hip thrusts, anything that works the hinging motion.

HOLY FUCK JUST STRETCH.

you god damn moron stop asking for the easy way out and just stretch. Fuck

literally this. op is just making excuses. you probably dont even need to stretch youre probably just scared to deadlift