Dumbbell Rows

Im really scared of breaking my back doing these things Veeky Forums i make sure i straighted my back as tight as possible so im not lifting with my spine. despite this, i still feel pain the lower section. What do i do?

i use 50 pound dumbbells tw

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=CrpbOUglg7o
twitter.com/AnonBabble

How weak is your lower back that it hurts from dumbbell rows? Have you ever worked lower back before?

If your back hurts with only 50 lbs something is wrong.

i dont know. My whole work out is 50 lb dumbbell bench press and rows. Whats wrong with me doc?

I feel pain here

I have near constant lower back pain, I got a minor sprain today while arching my back on bench press. What could be the cause: weak back muscles, weak core?

Are you arching your lower back outward towards your belly? Do you flex your abs while you do it? Try to make sure your abs are tightened, but only enough to keep your spine neutral.

I think. i think over straighten my back if that makes sense. so i got tighten my abs first? okay.

Stretch more brah. A lot more.

how the fuck do you stretch your back without hurting it?

It’s all in the hammies, quads, glutes, and flexors
If they get too tight they pull on your lower back

Sciatica. Have fun faggot that shit never goes away. Do what I did and blame it on work so L&I has to cover the physical therapy you'll need until you die.

>tfw you row more than the highest DBs in the gym

>50lb bench press
great

>50lb rows hurt
what

anyway, uh, is it a snap-city kinda pain, or is it muscle pain? should be fairly easy to tell apart.
If you bend backwards, will that cause a shooting stinging sensation?

Arching your lower back upwards, should do the trick if you snapped something.

If it's a muscle injury for god knows what reason, then ice it, heat it, roll it and repeat it.

Try doing them more upright, like 45 degree back angle

If you have back problems it could be that you just shouldn't do them. Do chest supported rows or inverted rows instead.

i honestly dont know. but when i straighten by back now and do air rows, i feel pain in the lower region like i described.
i keep my bench tilted slightly upwards, and not completely flat. does that help?
sounds nice, but i cant add weight to those tho

idk how you fuck your back up doing db rows theyre pretty idiot proof. you must have something wrong with your back get a doc to look at it. in the mean time do your rows with your chest supported so your lower back is completely taken out of it. worst case scenario you can just do chins and not worry about horizontal pulling, just make sure you throw in face pulls a couple times a week for dat dere scapular health

yeah, i use 1 hand to support my chest.
>face pulls
well, its a nice suggestion. but i want to try to avoid heavy equipment. there might be a day where all i have are dumbbells, but no machines.

do your dumbbell rows like he does them here, standing
m.youtube.com/watch?v=CrpbOUglg7o

Get resistance bands son, they're a game changer for small home gyms

i do it on a the lowest incline possible. i can do 80's and have hurt my back in the past, physiotherapist who lifts recommended this.

it's similar to working off the rack where your back wont be parallel to the ground.

This couldn't be more true. I used to have problems with my lower back just above my glutes.
Turns out that it was my legs that were the problem instead of my back itself.

>sounds nice, but i cant add weight to those tho
you must mean inverted rows because chest supported rows you just add a plate to. inverted rows resistance can be increased by elevating your feet and with a weight vest. if you're only doing 50 lb rows then you cannot max out inverted rows. don't worry about adding weight until you can do 3x15 feet elevated inverted rows.

Firstly well done for trying. Nothing to be ashamed of for giving it your all so ignore the "huh duh 50lb!?" faggots.

I'd suggest at the very least getting someone to check your form, get them to make sure your back is straight and you aren't twisting unusually or anything.

At best I'd see a physio or doctor to rule out any back issues. Best catching that shit early in case you've got a degenerative disc or something.

do high pulley seated rows dumbass

Its probably just subluxation. Just need proper realignment. Not a big issue.

hip hinge, google it

At PF, that's 65lbs, lol