Ok Veeky Forums, is this shit for real?

ok Veeky Forums, is this shit for real?

youtube.com/watch?v=QHEGO1vuQ5s

the snakeman says you can burn 750 calories in an hour by just sitting in cold water, I'm a brainlet so I don't know if there are any flaws in his math, but he explains it and it seems to make sense

what do you think Veeky Forums? Seems like a really easy way to burn mad calories on a cut

You might as well THE SNAKEMAN

SNAAAAAAAAAAKE

While being colder probably means your body needs to spend more energy to produce heat, it can also probably damage your body.
Wait for some person to do this for an entire year and then report back.

Could you tell me where you got permission to use the black and white snakeman symbol above. We would like get permission to use that image in a book and are looking for the owner. Many thanks – Laura George, Oracle Press

>sitting in freezing water for an hour

The fat just melts away when you're dead.

Hello there, Laura. It is not always possible to find the copyright owner, although one might try very hard for it. I will e-mail you a few details for a detailed search though. Regards.

Could you please email me a few details too about the pictures to be used. Thanks - Tim

Hi Tim,
I will definitely send you an e-mail with all the details regarding image searches. Glad to help.
Regards

I missed the birth of a meme again, didn't I?

Someone pls give srs response

It’s an easy way to burn 6.25 cals

I've have cold showers twice a day for 8 months

how cold we talkin?

what an offensive and off putting youtuber.
will not watch again

12 c for 60 minutes

He's also done like 1-2 c for 30 minutes I think, idk if that's better or worse

school shooter, child molester in the making

you could also burn 750 calories an hour through cardio plus you'd get other benefits

you can up the calories if you eat really cold ice cream (or ice cubes) during the bath. Your body heat will be used to heat the ice and for the solid -> liquid phase transition. The math checks out

except the ice bath is infinitely easier and provides far more benefits, among them an increase in brown fat as well as testosterone

what about a cold pressed onion juice bath? Will my T go to dangerous levels?

>Sitting in ice water is easier than running for an hour
Sure thing brah

Well at least you don't need to move

Why don't you go take a cold shower for an hour and report back about how easy it is? Should be about the same experience

bump

and look at you

does he factor in the fact that the tub would absorb heat from the room around him?

hold up a second, hes talking about calories here right? not Calories? isnt 750 calories fucking nothing?

This is simple thermodynamics. You could transfer the same amount of calories with drinking cold water. Your body has to make up for the temperature difference.
But just because it works doesn't mean you should do it.

>inb4 swimming at the northpole for maximum cardio.
>swimming each day for two hours a day
>burning 2k kcal
>do this for a weak and be ripped af
>slaying all that eskimo pussy
>me pic related

Yea he did
"I did another experiment where I just filled up a tub with 150L of water and then I logged the temperature for 1 hour"

when i take a lot of cold shower. i take deep breathe to keep my core tempreture.

but my dick just shrink into a mushroom tip

You'll get 2450ng/dl natty testosterone and can grow bodyhair at will. Also your body odor starts to resemble a three weeks due cumshot

Seems like a great idea untill you accidentally die of hypothermia

Your body's ability to warm itself up depends on its ability to move oxygen through your blood. This is why dudes can train their bodies to be in the cold for a long period of time, because their bodies have gotten efficient at it.

If you haven't trained your body, then it will fail to keep your hands and feet properly warmed, putting their temperatures dangerously low, and making you go full hypothermia

Is this what happens when burgers try to use S.I. units?

At the start of the video he says a calorie will heat one litre of water by one degree, so he's actually talking about kcal or food calories.

yes, but quite a while ago.

Or you could just exercise for an hour....

If you weigh 150 lbs, doing an hour of very strenuous cardio like riding a bike with your HR at about 85-90% of your maximum heart rate you might burn 750 calories

most people doing cardio for an hour really only burn about 300-400 calories unless you weigh 400 pounds

>750 calories
or, you could just not eat that double cheeseburger and save yourself from the agony of sitting in ice water for an hour.

>sleeping in some cold water
>agony

how's that 100% soy-based vegan diet treating you user?

They just develop brown fat and their ears start to grow shut. Happens to surfers all the time.

if you can take it and have no serious illness cold water can definitely burn calories, improve circulation, and improve your immune system

I wouldn't be able to take it though [I'm a pussy], don't even have a bathtub just a shower

most I do is shower in cold water after getting out of a hot sauna

>except the ice bath is infinitely easier
Have you been in the freezing cold for hours on end?
Have you been at such a temperature you could die?
It isn't easy, it's incredibly hard.

I was in Afghanistan on a mountaintop and almost froze to death. Your body shakes none stop, it also moves of its on accord as a survival stunt to keep blood moving. You feel every second and time seems to slow down. You have to focus on breathing and not falling asleep which would mean certain death.
I lost twenty to thirty pounds over a couple of days.

It's easier to just do cardio.

Killer whales would fuck you up

>and their ears start to grow shut
That's only if you get cold water IN your ear a lot. Being in cold water alone won't cause that unless you're pouring it in.

How many calories does hypothermia burn

W I M H O F
I
M
H
O
F

>i have have
brain damage from cold showers

I'm guessing 350 calories or so, 750 seems way too high

>same guy who says that you shouldnt take any medicine at all and fast instead
>same guy who says you can cure cancer by fasting

YEAH, ITS NOT A SCAM AT ALL DUDE.

Consider this, faggot. How many times in your life has someone tried to sell you a bathtub full of cold water? Its only a snake merchant if there's profit to be made somewhere.

Stop making threads to promote ideas, disguised as spook threads

why would one heed the advice of an unaesthetic, screaming autist?

Yes, being cold expends more calories.

But on the other hand, it might be counterproductive to do (frequently) on account of the cortisol spike.

>scam
But whomst've is making the money?

>jumping into an ice cold lake after a warm sauna

You don't have to subject yourself to full ice baths.

Lower the thermostat a bit beyond normal comfort, or go skippies more, let your body deal with it via non-shivering thermogenesis. You'll build more brown fat which runs off white fat.

Wait, do arctic animals have brown fat? I thought their shit was just blubber

doesn't cortisal increase your metabolism? Isn't that good?

depends which mammal, but all of them have a fair bit of brown fat. Some like Arctic foxes, hares and Polar Bears have a lot of brown fat.

not if you do it for long periods of time, but who's gonna stay in cold water for >2 hours a day every day. you will run out of fat to burn before it has any impact on your health.