Bench press facts

Whenever somebody asks you how much do you bench press, do you say the weight in total or just the weight one side of the bar?

It happens quite often I tell someone I bench press 25kgs and they think that's in total or I say that I lift 60kgs (25 * 2 + 10 which is the bar) to which they respond "Holy shit, you lift over 120kgs?!!!)

What's the correct way, Veeky Forums?

r u trolling

Are you mentally challenged?

Yes, that's why we all workout, right?
Now please answer me.

>he counts the bar
u know the bar doesnt really count because it is parallel to you and it is stretched over a further distance than the plates,

bar+plates+clips

Is this why I dumbbell press the weight of each plate only not including the bar ie I bench with 40kg each side I dumbbell press 40kg dumbbell only Whoa a on I never understood this until now

you include the bar you retard. Say you bench 2plate, each plate is 45 pounds, plus the bar, so you said you bench 215

"workout" is a noun. you mean "work out".

The correct way to say it is in lbs, doofus

If you bench 225 lbs with the barbell, you don't count the bar.

If you bench 225 lbs with dumb bells (110 lb (+- 5 lb each)) then you are benching 225 lbs.

You say the weight that you are able to bench press.

The bar is also 45, thats 225

No you idiot dumbbell excercises are harder since there's no bar to stabilize the weights, and your stronger side can't pick up slack from your weaker side.

Don't dumbbell pressed work areas differently than barbell pressed?

>your

I never bench

5/10 bait

Yes, but the same muscles that are worked with a barbell variation are worked as well. They're just worked harder because of stabilization.

Barbell is pushed heavily because you can use all kinds of tricks to lift heavy amounts of weight in oft retarded dangerous and inorganic ways.

Dumbbells are unforgiving and you'll have to respect them or they'll put you on your ass.
It's RARE that you'll see a true natural, not half natty a REAL natty, lifting heavy ass dumbbells and doing clean efficient work with the weight.
Ever.

What is everyone's 1rm with a flat back and feet in the air?

Jesus fucking christ you idiots, why is no-one taking the hole in the plates to account? Fucking NYRes man

hopefully this gets screenshotted cause this is honestly ridiculous

Gotta remember when using plates that have the handles on them to subtract the weight for the holes

if there's an s, i assume it's pl8s

>i only bench 45s
vs
>i only bench 135

Barbell bench press being more stable and allowing for asymmetries allows you to lift heavier weights, which works your muscles better for overall strength, though.

no faggot retard that was bait

you only count the weight of the feels you feel as you press the bar