Vegetarian Thread

Too much vegan bullshit around here lately. Time for a moderate vegetarian thread.

What do you find yourself eating, what are you preferred non-supplemented protein sources, and other shit you wanna discuss.

Go.

Personally, once off cut, legumes are the shit for protein here, and quinoa based dishes are also big.

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/amp/s/www.marthastewart.com/316437/pasta-with-chickpea-tomato-sauce?amp
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I make a Greek salad, and add cooled pasta to it. The pasta that i use is really high in protein. I fucking love feta cheese, but it has a high sodium content so I don't overdo it. Olive oil in the dressing gives a bit of fat too.

I also sauté broccoli in olive oil and add salt and pepper. Simple, quick, healthy, delicious (unless you're a fat who doesn't like the best vegetable)

These are two separate Recipies btw. Don't be the fucking moron who adds cooked brocolli to greek salad

>pasta that i use is really high in protein

This is a thing?

I.... I can have pasta again?!?!

What pasta is this?

meat eater lurking for vegetarian sources. I'm having a hard time hitting 130g of protein, let alone my bodyweight.

Check out Quinoa, it's got some killer nutritional profiles, and per cup(185g cooked) is over 8g protein. It's not a sole base, but added in with other sources is great. It's super flexible food wise as you can morph it into whatever dish you want.

The stuff that I have in my house right now is decent, there are higher protein pastas out there.
Catelli ancient grains pasta is usually pretty high

Pic related just tastes really good and has enough protein to justify

Here's the nutrition facts, I have no idea if they sell it outside of Canada.

Catelli is in the states I believe, I'll take a pic if the box

Here's my box of ancient grain spagetti, if you want really high ptotein spaghetti, try black bean spaghetti. It's fucking insane high in protein but I don't like the texture.

Yeah we got Catelli here. I'll have to get my box study on at my next store trip.

I'll be *that guy*.

Nuts are good too. Ricotta is pretty high, but that's on the edge if you want that much dairy.

Beans, nuts and eggs for protein bombs, otherwise broccoli, mushrooms and seeds are all good balanced sources

>broccoli, mushrooms and seeds for protein

I don't know how you guys do it.

Look into Harzer cheese.

per 100g:
116 kcal
0g carbs
0,5g fat
28g protein

A bit of an aquired taste at first, but it's good in like a casserole or a sandwich with tomatoes or something.

I found some black bean noodles in the Asian food section in my supermarket, bretty good

Check em

They are not cockroaches are they??

can't tell if this is anti-vegetarian, because I would still choose left over anything on the right

god tier Veeky Forums chili

>pan 1
fry black beans, kidney beans and corn. add hot peppers and various spices such as chili powder (you can also add meat here but this is a vege thread)

>big pot
cook carrots, onions, bell peppers tomatoes (put them in much later tho). add a lot of tomato concentrate paste, fresh coriander, some beer, and a few pieces of >70% cocoa dark chocolate. allow to simmer for a bit

add the stuff in the pan to the pot and stir, let it sit for an hour or so on low heat to boil the excess water away, and eat. much better the next day and extremely nutrient dense. sometimes i make a big pot of this on sunday and eat it for dinner all week

Fixed

You could also try slim pasta if you just like the general idea of noodles.
I feel like the actual taste of noodles is not dominant in a dish where you eat them with a proper sauce, so me it makes no difference if I eat slim pasta or regular.

But they are prolly overpriced, might get something similar for way cheaper, didn't bother to search though.
(((Obviously not meant to help with protein intake)))

Hey guys check out this vegetarian burger

I don't know if this is people just making fun out of vegetarians because why not or asshurt vegans. I have laugh anyway.

Rate my salad:
>romaine
>feta
>kalamata olives
>anchovies (sorry :( )
>Greek vinegarette

it's one angry vegan

Just bantz bro. You're on a fast track to moral consistency and you're better than every meatcuck on this board.

>You're
???

Just kidding breh. You're a weak willed faggot.

As a veggie, I honestly don't care about the ethical side. Leather is awesome.

I'm more on it because modern meat has is a little too carried away with antibiotics, growth hormones, and whatever else they pump in to keep them 'healthy' and that's not something I want in me. There's some carcinogenic linkages too that I'm not overly fond of. The latter being the biggest reason.

Otherwise it keeps me out of fast food joints, saving me lots of cash, keeps my grocery bills quite low, I skip processed foods too, so my trips are quick, flyers are scanned in about 2 pages flat.

In general it's a helluva lot harder to eat poorly while keeping to it.

Veganism tho... eesh, no thanks. I like my animal juices and animal juice by-products.

NGL tho, I do miss meat, and have no qualms with meateaters.

Surely you realize milk is not any better than meat, eggs are literally cancerous and cannot even be labeled as healthy is the US. You are doing it for health? Kek

Plants have feels too. Did you consider it, you MURDERER?
Go eat some sunlight or something.

I don't eat eggs. Haven't for like a year+ now. Don't drink milk. Only using whey, and the odd cheese on rare occasions.

>meat has is a little too carried away with antibiotics, growth hormones, and whatever else they pump in to keep them 'healthy'

why do you think the dairy industry is different in this regard?

that's cumin user...
why would there be cockroaches in it, what is wrong with you?

See

want some more burger with your cheese :DDD

This is what truly makes me wonder what the fuck is going on with these fad brainers, plants are also alive and receive pain as well, but i guess not having eyes or being able to perceive their pain makes it ok to these people? The fuck.

>it cannot scream, so I can eat it
Fish don't scream, too, hell, they might not feel pain as well.

>earth is flat
>plants feel pain
>global warming doesn't exist
>trump is literally an alien

This topic currently

pic related

doesn't really answer the question

Yeah, it's not that great. That's why I try to keep it to a minimum. I know the extra shit is not good for you. What do you want me to say?

I just wanted to know why you thought dairy would be any less saturated with antibiotics, drugs and hormones than the meat industry.

Take some money into your hands when you buy meat/diary and everything is fine.

I haven't had meat in a few days and I feel like utter shit. Going for a run to take my mind off the bloodthirst

You have bacteria in your stomach that is begging for it. Fun fact: Meat generally starts rotting when it's being processed by your body.

After 2-3 more days most of the bacteria will die and you will not having cravings. Also dairy will curve it. You'll feel much better if you go vegan regardless though.

>moralism

Yeah, retard detected.

vegans ftw

Lentils, Beans, Soy Protein Isolate faux Chicken tendies or burgers, and tofu are my main protein foods.

Whole Wheat Penne Pasta with Soy mince, veggies, and pasta sauce is an example meal. I eat fortified cereal for breakfast. For lunch I have a big bowl of spinach/kale with washed black beans and halved Gardein chicken tendies with ketchup or hot sauce as dressing.

Pepper in a BioLent shake or a bean burger here or there and finish the day off with some DELICIOUS Soy Ice Cream.

vegetarian is a half measure for faggots

I don't understand vegetarians, if you're vegetarian because of health why not go vegan? Milk has dioxins and causes estrogen production in men.

welp, someones gotta do it

I hope that dude finds a bullet.

What a fucking piece of shit human.

I'm weary of soy. I keep my tofu to a minimuim. Mostly a sucker for a good smoked tofu here and there.

Are you noticing any effects from that much soy?

There is more dairy than just milk bud. I'm not a vegetarian and I don't drink any milk but still eat cheese.

>vegan
>climbs a mountain
>dies
lmao

Veganism is on the exteme end of the spectrum. People only ever focus on the beef aspect.

Whereas we can, vegans have no eggs, milk, honey or any food that is derived from animals, period.

How many mountain have you climbed, cuckboi?

Post body

>> We're gonna make it

... Unless you have a diet that's nonconformist.

Where's the acceptance Veeky Forums?

>no honey

Just an fyi, all produce you eat that requires pollination (almonds, blueberries, apples, etc.) are done so by bees/beekeepers and are essentially a by-product of said bees. So unless you are eating food that is grown out of your own garden and pollinated by local insects, you are eating food that comes from "exploited" bees.

t.beekeeper

My food choice is non ethics based. Again, I love leather. Exploit away.

Ah I misread, you are vegetarian, not vegan.

And the bees' hard work isn't ruined to have them pollinate. Stop being a stupid unethical faggot.

>diet for health benefits
>doesn't give a fuck about the ethics
>literal retard-tier
kys

Large scale pollination is actually very hard on the bees and you get quite a few dead colonies from doing it. It is part of the price to pay for moving them around on giant flat beds across the country.

Vegans are carcinogenic so we try to keep them off this board for our health

>when you somewhat understand ethics, morality, and health but YOU JUST LOVE CHEESE SO MACH OMG ^^ XD

Dude, get barilla portein plus pasta, they're in most super markets and 17 grams per serving

kek

Why is it okay for another animal to rip another animal apart, limb by limb, literally eating it alive --
ripping its flesh off with its claws and teeth while it tries to escape but...It's not okay for humans to """mistreat""" animals in preparation for human consumption? Really makes you think.

Also how do you feel about shmeat?

whey, milk and fish master race checking in

Add cucumber and red bell pepper for crunch. I'm not a fan of anchovies, but it's not my salad to eat.

I fucking miss these memes

least cancerous tasting vegan protein powder? use whey now but I'm making an effort to cut out most animal products, I used to drink soy protein years ago but the soyboy memes have scared me away srs, is there another option that doesn't taste shit?

soy is solid

rice tastes good

pea tastes like aids

>pea tastes like aids

Heard this many times.

Vegans and vegetarians are the same shit!

>mfw eating less meat but ONLY for the sake of the enviroment
Who else here /enviromentalist/

Vegetarian here I also work in a meat plant. When I see all the people who work in the plant it makes me very happy that I don't eat me

You could replace the anchovies with capers to keep the salty taste, and add some spices to make it even better

I usually go with Martha Stewart's chickpea and tomato pasta but with high protein noodles and veggie bullion instead of chicken broth. I'm not a veg, but this is what I cook for my veg friends whenever they come over.

google.com/amp/s/www.marthastewart.com/316437/pasta-with-chickpea-tomato-sauce?amp

No vegans are retards crying in the corner because they think eating honey is raping bees

I drink a mix of pea and rice protein that's chocolate flavoured. Was pretty odd when I first switched from whey but now I fucking love it.

Why is that vegetarians seem generally decent people that can have civilised discourse whereas vegans are literally the most insufferable people alive?

I want to eat less meat but I don't like beans or lentils. Picked up some extra firm pressed tofu at the store yesterday and I'm excited to try cooking it.