/plg/ - powerlifting general

I want to have bang the cute black cashier from MacDonald's.

Also bench only thread, please refrain from posting if you care about any other "lift".

Other urls found in this thread:

bodyrip.co.uk/bodyrip-2-x-20kg-olympic-polygonal-coated-hex-weight-plates.html?___SID=U
youtube.com/watch?v=D1v069u9TCk
instagram.com/p/BeECoGvjCw3/?taken-by=heroesofmightandmagic3
youtube.com/watch?v=fv_B60bnLFM&feature=push-u-sub&attr_tag=-AEtUkrZppqFMoAx-6
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

recommend me some exercises for bench lockout weakness

already implemented cgbp and floor press

board press or pin press

Board Bench aka BFS Towel Bench

You can get one of the mondo-sized (not the regular size) pool noodles and cut off an 18" section of it, and stuff it under your shirt and it's the same thickness as a BFS Towel Bench Pad or about a 3-board press thickness.

Also Skullcrushers aka LTEs "Lying Tricep Extensions" in Rip's books. Done standing, these are called French Presses.

JM press, any kind of tricep extension really

Hey, here's another 4-day split version of Texas Method from PPST3RD.

either im doing it wrong or because jm press kinda gives my cuffs a weird feeling in a bad way

was more asking for more specific stuff since tricep iso's are basicly supplemental

How much do you bench? Most people aren't weak "at lock out" or "weak off the chest". They're just weak in general, and need to bench more.

You have a video of yourself doing it? I've never heard of it causing rotator cuff issues, only elbow aids

135kg

Alright, that's pretty much what I would have guessed.
Thanks a lot lad!

nah man but i guess im doing it wrong

Any UK homegym fags got weight plate recommendations?
Thinking of getting these plates for my home gym because they're cheap and would save my floor but I've heard polygonal plates are a pain to deadlift with and make PL competition deadlifts harder since they use round plates but that could just be an old wives tale?

bodyrip.co.uk/bodyrip-2-x-20kg-olympic-polygonal-coated-hex-weight-plates.html?___SID=U

Can you squat in sabo deadlift shoes?

Don't buy poly they're shit, you can surely get cheap weights that are in round form.

>sabo deadlift shoes?
wat are these

>JM press,
can you explain why jm blakley is uploading weird videos of him singing to youtube

youtube.com/watch?v=D1v069u9TCk

Some guy from my gym is freaking out on social media hahaha. Just posted a video of him like throwing a framed picture of him and some girl because she didn't call him on his birthday

Shoes made by the company Sabo designed for performing the deadlift

whats so special about them

Good for deadlift

I use them all the time for squatting. If you're use to squatting with a flat shoes I don't see why they wouldn't work.

Decent looking shoe with a thin sole with an ankle and mid foot strap on them that's pretty much it. They use to sell out the first two days stock came in.

They are honestly way better than deadlift slippers if you pull sumo.

so i was thinking
>dumbbells are harder than barbells
>standing is harder than sitting
but do they cancel out? is a DB sitting press as hard as a BB (standing) OHP (with the same weight?)

whats wrong with chucks

wrong thread and no its not a 1:1 situation sitting db is still harder than standing ohp but standing db is harder than sitting still

>wrong thread
most people here lift, as opposed to the rest of Veeky Forums

create lifting general ill give you advice there

This general is so dead lmao

dont be a jew user and post the 12 week program.

>12 week program
Pretty expensive for templates.

lying triceps extensions for heavier weights/barbells

DB triceps extensions for lighter weights/dumbbells

JMeme press for mediocrity and heightened potential for elbow fucking

hnnng they must all be 6'4"+

slayer sons here i come

Do you people ever stop to think that you are overthinking fucking everything about this and that the keys to any successful program aren't autismal obsession with the minutia of the assistance exercises and doing ten different generic "template" programs in a calendar year?

Also, are you high? Standing press is easier than seated because you can limbo press up a fat load of weight. The seat of a seated press prevents that.

yeah and squatting is easier than benching because you're standing so all the blood flows to your legs, right
dumb fuck

Wouldn't seated be easier? You can abuse leg drive way more easily and don't have to worry about stabilizing your whole body. I've never done it so just theory crafting.

assuming your standing press is strict, yes, sitting is WAY easier

Deadlift user here. African refugees were fucking around and blocked the deadlift area to do random crap. Decided to do alphadestiny rack pulls above the knee last night.

First i did squats 3x5 @ 150kg
Then rack pulls. I can pull 185kg from the floor for 5 times, but could only hit 220kg for a couple of singles on the above the knee rack pull which is weird since you can do double what you pull from the floor. Today, trap doms is insane.

>not mogging the darkies to have them go away
what a tw*nk lmao

Im supposed to have two rest days (just did light week after taking month off) BUT I FEEL LIKE FUCKING GOING ALREADY after 1 full day of rest.

This is what I am thinking too, and it is also my conclusion after trying Z-presses. Even though Z-presses are said to be so fucking hard.

They were all short (4 of them), but they didn't understand English nor obvious social cues and gym etiquette.

Just wade in there and start doing Clean and Jerks. They'll move.

Okay, when I hear "seated press," I'm thinking of a "seat" with a nearly vertical back support, and the lifter's tailbone and upper back against it, such that their weight rests almost entirely on their ass. Specifically so that there isn't much assistance from the legs or torso so that the movement trains more specifically shoulder abduction and elbow extension.

If one is sticking their ass out in front of the back support in order to get a flatter back angle and allow less of their weight to be on their ass, they are, in point of fact, doing and incline bench press. If they are driving their legs in a seated OHP, their ass would come off the seat and they'd be doing some wacky braced standing push press monstrosity.

A proper standing press is going to have a dynamic start with some layback, getting a stretch reflex out of the hole, and including hips and torso bringing the torso back to upright in order to help drive the bar up. If you can seated press more than you can standing press, you are doing at least one of them wrong.

Can someone give me a depth check?
I always pride myself on going convincingly deep but this angle makes it look kinda borderline.

instagram.com/p/BeECoGvjCw3/?taken-by=heroesofmightandmagic3

It's the first vid.

So my sticking point is at the bottom of the bench. I have a hard time slowing the weight down and then restarting back up again. Besides being weak is that a specific weakness? Also my lats, especially left like to cramp really bad when I'm benching, what does that mean? Besides being generally weak

I'll be at the bottom and just lose tightness, breath and collapse basically.

Your squats are so sexy, I didn't dare comment it on the instagram because my friends could see my autism, but your squats are damn sexy

Spoto press.

thx mang. You forgot to say no homo tho. Can friends actually see what you comment on other peoples IG? Didnt know...

Uhm.. yes.. n-no homo
Yeah, one of the buttons makes it so you can see what happened to you and there you can switch over to see what your friends are doing, what they liked and if they commented

Guys,

Max bench grip with jap-grip is comfy.

>Haven't deadlifted or really exercised besides biking around campus for over a year

>Finally deadlift today

>Get 475 for 3 when I use to do it for 6 at 10lbs lighter

Should I be happy or sad? How long should it take to come back?

Do a Bulgarian cycle up to about 500lbs and then start power cleaning and deadlifting once a week.

Is that a reply to?

If so the problem is I only have access to the gym 3 to 4 times a week at most. I can't do a 6 day workout schedule.

Also while I prefer low rep high weight workouts, I would have thought it would be better to do more reps to get my movements back to being optimal. More practice and all that.

>5/3/1 + BBB

Glad you've joined me and Isley senpai

I keep seeing this complaint about 5/3/1 here:

>lower frequency of exposure to the main lifts

Do you guys honestly start to have issues if you don't do the main lifts more than once per week? What are they?

witness my glory in this thread

>Bulgarian cycle

I hate to admit it, but I had a hearty laugh.

While dirty bulking i squatted 280 5x5.
Im gonna start cutting now and cant continue day by day LP. What routine should i use? 205lb 20%(yes im a fat retard)

I was going to call bullshit then I saw lbs

lol

More relevant i guess is that last sucessful 3x5 set while on maintenance calories was about 260lb (failed 265 twice)

based 531 poster

youtube.com/watch?v=fv_B60bnLFM&feature=push-u-sub&attr_tag=-AEtUkrZppqFMoAx-6

oh oh oh, jordan made a 12 week strength program with press focus for those fags who want to replace bench with press...

Who here squats in their socks ? Comfy

HOW MANY TIMES HAVE YOU FAPPED TO REBEKA

>My sticking point is the bottom of the bench

Bench more.

>I'll be at the bottom and just lose tightness

Do more chins ups and learn to keep your lats tight.

>Don't deadlift for a year
>Deadlift heavy out of nowhere

You are going to feel that tomorrow, guy.

Dumbbells use stabiliser muscles and you cannot load as much weight therefore they are inferior.

I thought you guys had all went extinct. I never thought I'd see /plg/ in Veeky Forums 3.0

you should be happy, that's an incredible retention of strength

Deadlifts/squats once a week are fine, but bench feels like absolute cancer if i dont do it every other day. Even just a few warm up sets are enough, but if i dont bench often my technique is all over the place.

Lmao same. If I miss my supposed bench day by only two days everything already feels off.
What the fuck is that? I bench three times a week since like a year now and I STILL have these days where everything is just whack form wise, even though my setup is always the same few movements and cues.
I really don't get it.

>i bench three times a week
theres your problem, law of accomodation. The longer you keep doing yhe same thing the no longer you get better at it

Still bench 3 times but inplement some variatiob

>teach me westside conjugate method
I'm too dyslexic to read the book

you have three methods

max effort
Dynamic effort
Repetition effort

There's an ebook floating around by Wendler, the Max Effort Method. Read that.

Conjugate is one of those things where you're better off reading from his disciples rather than the man himself. Louie writes like a deranged mad libs session.

You cycle excercises every 2 weeks.

>6yr lifting
>getting kind of bored of the gym
>some days i took pwo and just went to the supermarket or walked my dog for an hour
>suddenly start progressing in my lifts
>really fired up about lifting again

Such a fun hobby full of many surprises.

I guess i just needed some extra rest here and there

>westside

meme horse shit unless you pump roids up your ass like those frauds do.

stop doing 5/3/1

Have you tried it?

a 400lb squatter i'll train at 4800lbs etc

it's meme horse shit unless you pump roids up your ass. it is explicitly stated if you read into the routine itself, dumb fuck. i don't pump roids, ergo, meme horse shit. get a clue, dimwit.

>i dont do roids

What a roider thing to say

no true scotsman fallacy. not an argument, insecure retard. fuck off and go watch some roid shitters if you're so obsessed.

>something based on something for children to build proficiency for oly lifting

>need loads of roids

>insecure retard

What an insecure thing to call someone

>when you first utilise leg drive

like i said you have three methods max effort dynamic effort repetition effort. max effort is maximum effort in an exercise dynamic effort is done with box squats for speed you see we never do a full squat. you see strength is measured in time you see we got absolute strength strengthspeed speedstrength and power average barspeed should be 0.8 meters per second. you see a 400lb squatter i would let him boxsquat at 200 250 300 for 8 doubles thats 3200 pounds of volume you see with 25% band tention on the top you see its all math a 800 pounds squatter i would at 400 500 and 600 which is 6400 pounds of volume with 10 percent band tension at the bottom 20 percent at the top. This is the key. you know for max effort you gotta switch up the exercises its the law of accomodation, if you keep doing the same thing you stop getting b etter you only go backwards. you see its all math and physics. for repetition effort we take single joint movements and do them at a a hrv of 200 for failure if we do extensions with 10lbs we do 200 reps 10 times 200 20000 volume within 2min which is 27 point 7 pounds of volume per second. this is the key. you see its all math and phsyics

>meme horse shit unless you pump roids up your ass like those frauds do.
>animo picture
haha okay raffy

kinda funny how raffy preaches sheiko even tho sheikos lifters are all on roids aswell

Thats crazy. Seems like you will always feel lethargic on this routine. Think ill stick to ss

parroting your superior is not an argument.

strawman attack. not an argument.

ad hominem and appeal to authority fallacies. not an argument.

use your brains or fuck off, manlets.

this is a projection

Tell me more about how you added 20kg to your total last year. Bulgarian is GOAT.

Not an argument

>taking Veeky Forums this seriously

someone rate this

bulgarian is a peaking protocol, its worthless for someone without a base and its worthless for someone trying to get better at specific lifts in the long term