CrossFit

What’s Veeky Forums‘s opinion on CrossFit gyms? I’m new to lifting and had some extra weight to lose. After 2 months I’ve noticed what I think are good gainz. Do a lot of squats, deads, Olympic lifts, pull ups, ring work and mobility work. Also everyday finished with about 20 minutes of HIIT or circuit training.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qnjYyfkcaNI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Crossfit fucking rules

Veeky Forums hates it though because it's not bodybuilding

CANCER

$200 per month to work out in someone’s garage while a 22 year old with a weekend of training “motivates” you. Sounds awesome.

It teaches

>bad form
>how to cheat

It's probably a half decent cardio workout though:/

They do stress form but I agree doing Olympic lifts for time doesn’t seem like a good idea. I’m not a big fan of all the kipping shit either

Stress what kind of form? Here let me through my whole fucking body into this exercise designed to work my triceps

>kipping dips

No possibility of progress past noob gainz. Highly technical lifts like Oly, squats, and deadlifts done to speed/competively, taught by sub-par """coaches""" (basically anyone with the $$$ to pay the certification fee). Cult mentality. Not taking injury seriously, memeing puking up from shit workout, rhabdo, etc. Fad. Yuppie. I might think of some more later.

Crossfits great man I watch the people do it in my gym and it's just amazing to watch these people who put in so much effort for 5+ years and they can clean 135lbs, they're such an inspiration to me and my fitness goals

the crossfit near me is all qt women

>all you need to know

youtube.com/watch?v=qnjYyfkcaNI

>They do stress form

ahahahahahaahaa

Johnny Pain's Greyskull LP program is basically old-school cross-fit, and I know that Mark "Milkman" Rippetoe is a fan of the old school as well. Basically, it comes down to combining weight-lifting (with focus on the compounds) with calisthenics, plyometrics, conditioning/HIIT and regular LISS cardio, focusing on the thing you wish to excell at and doing the rest for synergetic benefits.

The problem with CrossFit (tm) is that any douche who finishes a weekend course can set up a meme gym where people can horse around with baby-weights and shit form.

Probably going to become crossfit certified to get easy money working at some gym I used to go to that does it

I had to go to a PT to get some custom orthotics and had him critique all my lifting habits at the same time.

He told me pretty much everyone with a real lifting related injury that comes into his clinic is involved in crossfit.

A family friend of ours actually owns a crossfit gym and recently his mom fractured her spine training with him.

Overall it seems like a good one way ticket to snap city since even people who would otherwise have good form will start ignoring it in the interest of lowering their times.

I'm the minority here. I'm not going to be Mr Cult and tell you all it's amazing and drink the kool-aid. Some days I go and it fucking sucks. But I have mostly good days. I know the arguments on shit form and all that. Basically it comes down to two things for me:

1) at the regular gym I got fucking SICK and TIRED of people taking their sweet FUCKING time hogging machines and weights. I work full time and have other shit to do, and being in a one bedroom apartment (basically may as well be studio) I don't exactly have the luxury of becoming the home gym mater race. I go to Crossfit and I get my shit done without people bugging me so much. It kind of reminds me of the old days of going to football practice too, kind of a personal nostalgia thing.

2) It really depends on where you go, there are terrible boxes and then there are good ones. I'd say about 80% are bad. I happened to find the good one in my county a few blocks from my house and work. Convenient for me. This one doesn't charge $200 a month like the others around here too if you commit for a year contract, like $90 a month and the coaches are actually pretty cool too.

I know it's a meme and I'm probably setting myself up for failure in the long run, but like someone mentioned before it is a decent cardio work out and I'm on a cut not trying to bulk right now. I'll end up back in the normie gym eventually.

>Crossfit fucking rules
>Veeky Forums hates it though because it's not bodybuildi

Crossfit is olympic lifting for retards. The form is bad, everything about it is bad. Do not do Crossfit unless you want to inevitably injure yourself.

Even if you don't injure yourself in one of these classes because the instructor is keeping your shit together just barely - you will end up injuring yourself when you wind up in a public gym trying to replicate these shitty faggot workouts.

I can't stand watching Crossfitters attempt to do cleans or any other oly lift. It's cringeworthy.

Just do calisthenics in your house man, no need to equipment for that

>one bedroom
>full time job
Literally everyone on this board. Sounds like you have the time to spend in a commercial gym. Time is not an excuse

as much as Veeky Forums hates on crossfit

I know of many and personally know 1 crossfit athlete who does shit like the crossfit games that also competes internationally for America at IWF weightlifting meets

now this does not mean that the average crossfitter is good or even ok at weightlifting but its not an inherent limiter

dont do their gay shit unless you want to compete in crossfit

OK I'll wait for faggot number three to take selfies for ten minutes more while waiting for bench press

Most people who are serious about powerlifting or Olympic weightlifting will end up injured as well. That's the price you pay to be a to level competitor

ZERO