Gym cringe stories

There is a guy at my gym that everytime he is doing an exercise and I mean ANY exercise he locks his joints. Bench press, seating behind the neck barbell press, squats? He locks his joints so hard that the barbell almost jumps of his hands. Leg press ? Same shit, I can almost hear his knees cracking.

Thing is (I'm fairly new at the gym) this guy has been lifting for 9 years and also tried to give me advice once.
I was doing my shoulder width grip-OHP and he told me that I was doing the exercise wrong and I should grip the barbell like he does on his behind the neck pres. An ultra wide grip. I politely ignored him but when he saw me OHpressing shoulder width again he told me "You are doing it again user, try wider grip like me !" . I quickly put out my phone, googled OHP, showed him my screen and returned to my exercise. He never tried to "teach" me any other exercises since.

Oh almost forgot, same day he asked about my routine. Told him my routine that day(nsuns program) and he was like "No user you are not supposed to work different muscles everyday. You should do chest day, shoulder day, leg day..."etc.

Everything this guy does or says is making me cringe.

Also, annoying people at gym thread.

Every old person at my gym quarter reps everything with such jerky motions it pisses me the fuck off. They also like to have conversations while they are doing reps on machines which makes no sense to me. I guess they’re all just kind of going thru the motions.

Tell him to mind his own business and you mind yours.

There's an old guy (white hair) at my gym that I see if I go Saturday mornings. He does exactly that.Loads the bar with 2pl8s, and kind of vibrates with it. He's not fat, but not big either.

>Guy at my gym, Mediterranean or Middle Eastern.
>Is at the gym every time I'm there, seen him for two years.
>Does bodyweight stuff for low reps
>sometimes lifts a few light weights
>Moves from workout to workout as quick as he can
>Looks exactly the same years later.

Also he's mostly bald, except he has a big beard and tons of body hair, but that's not his fault (except the gay beard)

He looks autistic as fuck. I've never talked to him, and never seen anyone else talk to him.

Same old fuck at gym getting wild in the steam room... Gym had to put signs up saying no nudity in steam room n sauna, it was needed. Guy was just uncomfortable with that shit and he stank soooooo bad. What's funny is I had been thinking about complaining but someone beat me to it haha

Do we go to the same gym?

I see a guy like this myself, skinny tall middle eastern guy.

He goes hard and makes noise, but he looks pretty much the same all this time.

Wait you’re not meant to work out different muscle groups on different days? I’ve been lifting and doing this for the past 7 months and made decent progress

Today was chest

oh boy
I saw some shit today

One guy was looking pretty fucking beeg, but then had noodle legs, and I mean like smaller than his DYEL friends arms.

He went all over the gym and in order
>Curled for 20 minutes
> used a machine by gripping the wire and pulling it with no handles or anything
>knelt in the smith machine and did half reps of under a pl8 behind his head in some weird half OHP thing.

his fat DYEL friend
>followed him around talking
>Did some curls
>Spent 20 minutes in front of a mirror doing shrugs with 50lb dumbbells
>using a weight belt and grip straps.

THEN the fucking pair of them would take 10-15 minutes breaks for the DYEL to use noodle legs' Full sized camera (lens and all) to go around looking for angles with no other gym goers in his photos or with good lighting to take pictures.

what even is life anons, I just wanted a quiet night. At least everyone at the gym other than some pretty chill guy and a late 20s asian dude and his GF bother using the power racks. I've never even had to wait for it yet.

This happened this arvo, i think i started a weird deadlift event.

>Doing Diddlies on the one platform available in my gym
>Pulling 330lb for 5x5
>Notice a few stares while i do so and it makes me a little insecure but as i was facing a mirror i could tell it wasnt my form
>Finish up 5th set and move to a bench out of the way to start doing hip thrusts
>Notice 1 asian dude has set up a squat rack next to the platform to do DL's in
>Loads up 1pl8 and starts doing half reps
>Pay no mind as some people just do what they do and its not harmin anyone else
>2 DYEL's take up the second squat rack next to the platform and also set up for deadlifts
>See them put on wrist straps and weight belts
>One of them has the weight belt on sideways
>They proceed to do half reps with no weight on the bar as well
>Assume they were just copying asianface because they had no clue
>Some curlbro approaches the platform and starts setting up for deadlifts
>Mind you this is all happening at the same time as soon as ive left to do thrusts
>He loads up 1.5pl8 and starts doing full reps
>Does 1 set then packs up.
>MFW the entire time while hip thrusting 2pl8

Sometimes i use no handles to do cable crossovers. Other than that fine autism my friend.

Some middle aged curl bro pajeet jumped on my bench during gym rush hour when I was grabbing a different set of dumbbells. I walked over and said
>I’m not done using that bench
>okay lemme just finish my set
>okay there’s free bench right beside me
So he went over and had a fucking circuit going at some other bench as well so some dude came up and asked if he was finished and he said yea, the proceeded to use another empty bench for his circuit.

I can’t fucking stand people being equipment hogs. Fuck you and your dumbass super sets during rush hour, stick to one piece of equipment at a time dude..

All my gym cringe stories happen around the punching bag. Why are boxers such fags guys?

Wow OP you both sound like assholes

>showing him "OHP" on your phone

you're equally insufferable i bet you were a huffy little bitch about it too

This

why?
if he just wants to do his thing and some asshole harrasses him all the time?

if you are training for aesthetics and do a high volume training its a-ok

just dont be a bitch about it

This

An adult could have just explained politely

>Indian Trans kid from my high-school rocks up to gym never seen him there before
> Brings skinny white boy
> Skinny kid is wearing ankle weights
> Being the stand up gentlemen I am I say hi to the Trans fag
> Trans fag doesn't remember my name
> IT says to me "I work too much, that it makes me forget people's names"
> Was in its class for 5 years straight
> Lyingfuck.jpg
> Laugh put headphones in and walk away to do my chest press
> IT and the skinny ankle weights kid do these weird squats that I've never seen before
> They are basically cupping each others buttocks as they are squatting
> I ignore them and continue with my workout
> I see IT come over to me out of the corner of my eye
> I take out one ear bud and say "what"
> IT starts to hit on me
> Jesus fucking christ go away
> Tell IT I'm not interested and basically to fucking off
> IT continues
> Get up, grab bag and leave gym
> Never seen the trans fag or ankle weights kid at my gym since

You know how i know this a made up story for Veeky Forums?
>You turned down fucking a trap.

no, he turned down a mentally ill poo

Did you high-five yourself every time you typed "IT"?

OP here. As I said I'm fairly new to the gym. I have absolutely 0 credibility because of it. This guy was trying to be helpful and thought that I had no clue how the exercise is done. The dialogue we had was smth like this

>- user you are doing it wrong
>-What you mean?
>-You are supposed to use a wider grip, like I am right now. I mean didn't George show you how the exercise is done?(gym owner)
>-No I've seen the form from the internet
>after a few seconds " Here you go" proceed to show him where I've seen the exercise from

This guy had never seen anyone doing OHP before, never looked it up and thought that the only you can do shoulder presses, was seated and behind the neck. He assumed everything else was incorrect. I'm sorry if I seem like a little bitch to you but at the moment this was the only way I could think to make him politely go away.

Test

yeah, i do one arm tricep pulls at the end of every chest/shoulder day with just the cable; shit's good

>empty barbell benching

Why are you only doing 2pl8 hip thrusts if you pull over 3pl8 for 5x5?

>One of them has the weight belt on sideways
god damn still a long way to go till next NY

what if your grip is actually too tight?
what you see of your form on the mirror and what other people see may differ

>not going to full lockout on bench press, OHP, squat etc

Literally what the fuck are you talking about you DYEL retard

My grip is shoulder width. He was recommending snatch grip

>I'm fairly new at the gym

I think people that are new to the gym but act like elitist know-it-alls then make threads on Veeky Forums are annoying

you are correct. I should blindly follow his advice and invent the brand new "Standing snatch grip overhead press".

Probably not. I've never seen my middle eastern guy even break a sweat, even though he does a TON of different exercises. Plus I don't think anyone at my tiny gym uses Veeky Forums.

400 lb larpers on Veeky Forums berating anons, who have earlier explained the situation and are not actually being elitist, are annoying and cringe.

>that guy with a bane mask
>takes up 3 machines at a time for a superset
>takes up 2 benches and does incline and normal bench as a fucking superset
all with shit tier weight

You know what's cringe? Your 1rm

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL HAHAH