So what's the general consensus on powdered whey products...

So what's the general consensus on powdered whey products? A buddy of mine said to stay away from them since it'll give you man titties but I feel as though this is just an old wives tale.

I'm siging up for a local gym later on today and wanna pick up some powder to ease into my new diet. Any suggestions? I have read the sticky and done numerous research but I just wanna have a discussion going on the matter and see what you guys use. I'm looking to bulk up so I'm open to any suggestions.

I get it that you're a beginner, but this is an embarrassing question. You and your friends are DYEL

just eat enough.
you don't need that stuff

>I have read the sticky and done numerous research
>I still can't make my mind up, can you guys spoonfeed me?

Fuck you.

Which why I came for some help, I need to get in shape

I have a fast metabolism and I already calorie count as is and my intake is fairly well regulated I believe. I just want some sort of shake to help in any way possible. I've been drinking those premade muscle milk shakes after a work out but I'm looking for anything that may be superior.

I just want fitness related discussion, spoonfeeding would be, "Tell me what to buy". I asked for an opinion, stop being so upset.

The only people that say "don't take whey" are skinny 16 year olds hitting the 10lb dumbbells in their room for the first time.

stop lying, you don't have fast metabolism. What you have is a terminal case of faggotry and being a hungry skeleton.

man up and make a decision for once in your life.

Wow this board is super toxic, at least I'm not a lonely virgin fuck you guys are salty

truth hurts.

Why are you believing shit just told to you instead of looking at the research itself?

>this board is super toxic
how's your first day here treating you

they're ok

Whey products are fine. Its a convenient source of protein. The only con is that its fairly expensive compared to cooking chicken thighs or something like that. You should really only use whey if you don't have the time and/or mental fortitude to cook and eat at least 100g of protein a day. As you start gaining mass that 100g number can creep up to 200g

Shoo shoo soyboy

Whey is a diary product. There is no magic in it, all it is there for is a meal replacement. The DYELS think you will become jscked from having this and pre-workout. It's all a big fucking MEME. If you have trouble eating alot of food, buy it it'll help with getting to ur protein and calorie goal. If not you don't need it and it's a waste of money.

Yes, it is, just like every other board on this site, welcome to Veeky Forums you literal faggot, pls lurk a bit more.

What your friend is telling you is some bullshit broscience, just buy whatever whey you want and use it if you want, though you'd probably be able to get to your protein goal without it fairly easy.
What is your TDEE? Are you cutting or bulking?

First I'll find your total daily energy expenditure once you find that out increase that by 300 calories, remember carbs and protein are 4 calories per gram and fats are nine so get your body weight in protein and get at least 800 G in carbs and the rest in fats

>get your body weight in protein
You're forgetting something here

Scrach that at least get 600 calories in carbs, so that looks like 1 1/2 cups of cooked rice

Ow shit! Haha get your body wheight in protein per gram. So 1 gram of protein = 1 pound of body weight

he might have fast metabolism if that is an actual thing.
like asians might have fast metabolism thats why theyre generally skinny

anyone that claims anything regarding their metabolism is most likely lying.
It's a "science-y" sounding excuse that both fatties and skeletons use all the time instead of just owning up to their ineptitude regarding basic nutrition.

>I have a fast metabolism

O BOY HERE WE GO. WE GOT A LIVE ONE, BOYS

Don’t forget mom’s. They always say that shit. Moms, old farts, and DYELs. All good company if you want to be associated with them

If you have to make a thread like this then you’re never going to make it

>I want to start working out for reals
>I don’t know if I should use a dietary supplement that 85% of the world’s gym population uses with great effect
>I also can’t make my mind up through my own research

Never going to make it. Already failed, actually.

Holy shit this poor kid got roasted.