Medic-bro here for all your needs and necessities...

Medic-bro here for all your needs and necessities, have you got an injury/ache/pain that won't go away and don't want to get seen at a doctors? Whelp I'm here for ya.

In return I've got to ask about certain exercises, I break down my days into Mon-Biceps Tue- Abs Wed- Tris - Thurs - Legs Fri- Cardio. But the thing is I do 3-4 miles on a bike after every workout before I head home, am I biking too much? Should I not do a bit of cardio after every workout?

Other urls found in this thread:

cdc.gov/hiv/risk/estimates/riskbehaviors.html
catie.ca/en/pif/summer-2012/putting-number-it-risk-exposure-hiv
twitter.com/AnonBabble

As long as you're eating enough i think it will be fine to bike too & fro

You only have to worry about too much cardio if you're not eating enough.

I have a wart the size of a big toenail under my foot, and I'm treating it with duct tape (salicylic acid was what caused it to stick around in the first place). It turned white and puffy and there's a black dot at the center. I read on the Internet that this is good and I should keep waiting until it shrinks and turns black. Is it going to turn black?

Well that's good, ever since my hip and knee surgeries I haven't been able to run so I've been trying to do something to help me burn and biking's the only thing I can do. I got fat and lazy that's for sure.

So warts are basically similar to a fungus that grows exponentially over time and everything and anything can cause you to get a wart. It being under your foot being trapped in warm maybe sweaty feet sometimes or even moist can cause it to help with the warts growth. You're doing a good job by applying the duct tape onto it because essentially it's just going to stop it's source of nutrients (damp, dark areas such as your shoes). Salicylic acid is like the most basics of medicines that you can use for it and can also help make warts stronger on the bottom of feet. Also since it's the bottom of the foot, the warts are usually strong to begin with and aren't really treatable by salicylic acid.

Treatment wise
Keep feet dry (use anti-fungal powder which will help)
continue applying duct tape over the wart
It should fall disappear after a bit once it turns completely black and starts to shed off.
If it worsens, try and find some way to cryogenically freeze it off in which you get something super cold to freeze the wart and then get a sterile knife and scrape it off (this helps greatly btw).
Avoid using any steroid creams on it like hydrocortisone. It will only make it worse

Wheres the chest and back?
I would actually recommend against doing a split like that. Dude, try doing a full-body twice a week (three days apart) with accessory work in the in-between days.
That biking will absolutely not hurt gains in a real way. Hell, Im making some good back-gains in the last three weeks and ran six miles yesterday. Five weeks ago, had a two week horrible flu, dropped from 172 to 159 in two weeks and lost a lot of strength.
Alternatively, you can try a full upper then lower body for two days, take a two or three day break while doing cardio and accessory work, then repeat that.

I have a shoulder pain that is not at all debilitating, but is annoying. Actually goes away when I train chest - bench press or pushups but comes back then leaves after a couple days. Sometimes a clicking and light popping or small squishing noise. It feels like it is happening on the upper outside of shoulder, not inside like if it were a rotator cuff injury. Bursitis or what could it be?

I say similar to fungus mainly cause it acts like it sometimes it's a virus so don't fret the semantics. Actually since it's on the bottom of the foot I want you to freeze the wart from now on as well, since it's already starting to turn black anyways freezing it will help speed up the process, afterwards you can just scrape it off.

I bruised my dick when I ran into a pole whilst drunk, its gone green and blue and i havnt had an erection in 4 days please help

My right upper lat, just below my armpit, keeps twitching. It's completely painless and only seems to happen if I'm leaning or lying down on my left side or sometimes my back, but it's been happening very consistently. It's happening as I type this.

I do about 40 miles on a bike and 10 miles on treadmill per week. Supplementing your workout with intense cardio is great for aesthetics.

I started getting pain in my right elbow about three months ago and have kept working through it. Pushing for a 2 plate OHP, I have now injured my left shoulder. My core routine is heavily weighted and I'm starting to get bad lower back pain from that... my body is fucking falling apart. I can still run and bike without pain but I want to give the upper half of my body a rest.... how long should I take off and what would you recommend me to take as supplements or medications to aid in the process?

More info: I'm positive that my pain is from progressing too far, too quickly from DYEL to 2/3/4/5 and my tandons, ligaments or bones haven't been able to develops at the same pace.

>Roiding for this?

Sorry about that I do chest and tri's wedsnday and back and biceps mondays. That actually sounds like a great idea, would it hurt any if I tried to do that once every other week just changing it up every so often and kinda confusing my body and then just taking off times over the weekends?

If you have full range of motion then that's a perfect start, I can only assume pain started after you had tried to pick something up above your head. So if it goes away and is only a clicking/small squishing noise then in my opinion without any x-rays or MRI I'd say it's bursitis with irritation to one of the spinatus muscles. So basically bursitis is an inflammation of the bursa which is basically the cushion ( a watery bag) that keeps the bones and tendons and muscles from rubbing up against each other. If that gets inflamed it will make the watery bag act really rubbery and stiff rather than acting like a water balloon and that will cause inflammation to other muscles that may rub up against that bursa. That clicking sound is basically your muscles and tendon rubbing up against that bursa.

Treatment wise
Bursitis can't really be drained/fixed immediately
NSAID's such as motrin 800mg once every 8 hrs will help relieve the swelling and inflammation which should relieve some pain. It will take a while and if you continue the medication for at least 2-3 weeks you should see some pretty big improvement. Naproxen 500mg once every 12 hrs as well.
Rest your shoulder and put a cold compact on it once every 3 - 4 hrs for 20 minutes at a time.

Not op but you might have popped a blood vessel

SO hopefully the green part isn't an infection cause usually bruising is various shades of purple/blue. What happened is that the vessels under your dick skin have popped and started to bleed into it's surroundings.

So treatment wise
It's a bruise, it'll be like that 'til the vessels repair itself.
Put ice (wrapped in a towel) on it, about 5-10 minutes every 3-4 hours don't keep it on longer or else it could cause frostdick (frostbite) give it time and try not to get aroused.

I keep finding small bleeding wounds near my right ankle after I come back from the gym once every few months.
At first I thought it may be bugs at the gym, but there's some long streaks, they only ever appear on my right leg, and they are also quite deep (the ones that already closed left some dark scars).
Any ideas on what the cause may be?

Hmmm. No it wouldn't hurt to alternate what you're doing at all. Confusing your body isn't broscience. That could actually be beneficial given you are going hard and heavy with great form.

Yeah I totally have full range of motion. Hmm. So it is inflamation that could take not long to heal... Thats good news, hopefully it will not be an issue at MEPS and Basic Training.

And by the way, thanks a metric fuckton for the info.

Honestly I believe physical therapy would help a bit for you if you want to continue working out somewhat to be able to continue doing something with your upper body, but you're right.

Treatment wise
You do need rest, so about once every 2-3 days do physical therapy on your own for your upper body. Don't do any excess weight or heavy weight. Buy a couple of stretchy bands that are pretty easy to pull and whatnot. Therabands is what we use in my clinic. and start some of these exercises.
Attached is a picture with some home exercises for shoulder and elbow, you can google these pretty easily.
Medicine wise depends for swelling and inflammation which is most common for shoulder pain and injuries due to all the moving parts there. SO
Motrin 800mg once every 8 hrs
Naproxen 500mg once every 12 hrs (DO NOT MIX with motrin) take separately.
Tylenol 250mg as needed for pain every 4 hrs or so.
Honestly I'd want you to get seen by a provider for x-rays and MRI's but you'll have to make due with backwoods medicine lmao.

you should get a different workout plan man unless you do chest/shoulders and back on mon/wed

my butthole itches inside from time to time and has bled occasionally when I wipe my ass and also looks sort of a purpley disfigured colour for what is probably 10 years now, do I have haemorrhoids and if so, what do?

Buddy that's interesting as fuck. If you don't mind coming back around tomorrow once I come back from work I'll talk to the PA I work with and ask him about your symptoms. Tell me everything about it so I can write it down, cause I honestly have no clue. Tell me how it started, when it started, what days and exercises you do when you notice the wounds on your ankle. Tell me basically everything you think you know about it.

You're welcome dude, MEPS is an easy process I'm actually a medic for the Army. So here's a hint, whatever's not on your medical record won't get you disqualified for shit. As long as you keep your mouth shut about anything crazy then you're pretty much a shoo-in to be able to enlist. Honestly though you should be fine before you ship out anyways.

On the off-chance, if you don't have black/bloody/coffee grind looking stools then I don't believe there's a chance you have internal bleeding and at that point I would assume it's internal hemorrhoids. So hemorrhoids are no fun because think of a long balloon and then putting a rubber band around it. Now you have a separate blood filled sack right near the exit of your poop shoot, they're not fun and can be extremely painful and honestly I can't do anything for you other than telling you to buy preparation H or the equivalent. I can help a bit with your diet though

Lots, and lots, and lots of fiber
Preparation H

if that doesn't help relieve it, I suggest seeing your primary care provider to get referred to a GI clinic so that they can surgically remove it.

I accidentally ignored n-no homo and tried a trap. Sadly the had HIV and told be after the fact.

Am I fucked?

Hey man last night at BJJ i left the mats with severe pain in my 5th metacarpal on my left hand. Today i was diddlying 315lb since for reps as i was concerned it would make my hand hurt more but it didnt. But when my hand has pressure on it or twists i cant properly use my hand due to the pain.

Reckon its fractured?

So there's a possibility you're clean and good to go. NOW I'm going to copypasta something pretty important because I don't want to type it out.
cdc.gov/hiv/risk/estimates/riskbehaviors.html
and
catie.ca/en/pif/summer-2012/putting-number-it-risk-exposure-hiv
They're both a good read but I suggest you go get yourself tested, you may or may not be fucked man a blood test is what you need to get. If they were on anti-HIV meds then it's most likely your chances are decreased of getting the virus.

I have extra hanging foreskin on my dick that looks like a clit and I want to rip it off. Is there any precautions I should take before I rip the fucker out? I'm thinking of icing it before ripping it off.

I really have no fucking idea what the wounds are about. I got them while doing two completely different routines at different parts of the gym. All I know is that I get home and find bleeding that is still going on, and the wounds are deep enough to scar but not super deep. Mostly in the back of the ankle, once a bit higher, once a bit higher and on the front by the tibia, all on the right leg.

Sounds symptomatically like a boxers fracture. Treatment for it is basically limiting movement with a splint and NSAID's. Boxers fractures are very common when doing any activities like punching and is usually caused by not punching correctly and hitting with your 4th and 5th fingersbut if you don't see any obvious deformities or crazy swelling then you should be fine with keeping it splinted in place. If it starts to swell up really badly I suggest going to the ER for x-rays and treatment cause it could possibly lead to surgery if untreated properly.

Treatment
Take it easy with your hand and punching
splint in place
take Tylenol for pain and NSAIDs like motrin/naproxen for swelling
Rest, Ice every 3-4 hrs for 20 min, compress wrist and carpals with an elastic bandage (ACE wrap) Elevate above heart.
Attached is physical therapy I suggest you do.

Definitely don't rip it off for the love of god lmao, see a doctor so that you can get it surgically removed correctly and without having a fuck-all crazy looking dick. Worse thing you could possibly do honestly.

Treatment
Please see a doctor.

Alright cool I'll talk to the PA I work with about it and see what I can find out for ya.

I'll be back around tomorrow guys I've gotta catch some sleep. Y'all have a good one and stay safe.

OP signing out.

Managed to hurt my right shoulder at some point recently, takes weight just fine but hurts when twisted at certain angles and I can feel the joint click/grind a little when raised almost parallel to the ground. Given it doesn't seem to be improving on it's own I assume I've unseated the joint slightly.

There's nothing wrong with some light cardio after lifting, I think it's something more people (myself included) should be doing.

My lower back has been a wreck for a few months now after deadlifting with shit form during a warmup set. I didn't brace properly because my mind was somewhere else at the time, and now my shit hurts every time I do anything that requires core activation. Even heavy curls will have me rubbing my lower back. I've had to remove deadlifts and squats from my routine entirely, and I really wanna get back to squatting again at the very least. Any advice?

>brosplits
just do full body workouts 3-4 days a week

I have bone impingement in my right ankle (can't get past 90 degrees flexion).

Can I wear squat shoes for most of my exercises, or am I just being a pussy?

Thanks you convinced me. Also where the fuck would I find a doctor who'd surgically remove it? What're they called?

Don't do retarded splits if you aren't roiding.
Protein synthesis lasts for 2 days max. You want to train every muscle at least twice per week.
Do a full body workout twice a week or of you are intermediate do a PPL routine.
Cycling is ok.

Thanks very much for the detailed advice bro, i only wish i had a better answer for your question.

>light cardio after a lifting session can help with easing the lactic acid in the muscles used. Reducing your chance of stiffness and severe DOMS

What's the best way to heal a bulged disc

What kind of medic and how much do you make?

Answer me, medifag

Been dealing with tightness/mild pain in my back, right at inferior medial border of right shoulder blade. Had someone suggest that my rib could be out. Almost feels like a knot in my back. I've done trigger point therapy on my back before to fix anterior pelvic tilt, but it just doesn't feel like tightness. Just not the same feel idk. Not sure what it is, but the right side of my neck/posterior shoulders have been sore/tight a lot and think it is linked to whatever is going on down lower by my shoulder blade. Halp.

How to form or reform arch? I have an extremely low arch/maybe no arch.

I used to be 5'9" and am now 5'6" at 21. Help

my ribcage keeps tightening up and I have to 'pop' it back to normal, not really painful but rather annoying. it sounds like costochondritis but idk, I've have it for about 18 months now, what do?