How to avoid drinking alcohol when out socializing

Hey friends,
Do you guys have any experience dodging the alcohol goblin when out socializing?

I've successfully avoided this dude I don't really like for a long time now.
Problem is he loves me and wants to hang out all the time, just doing nothing (which bores the shit out of me so I rarely accept)
and he doesn't really have any other male friends due to him being a cunt and I feel bad for him.
All his other friends are girls because he never wants to do anything, just chill and talk gossip (and not introduce me to the girls for some selfish reason).

Recently his gf dumped him so he has increased his efforts to "chill" and I've agreed to go out to a restaurant with today after lifting.
I will get a nice steak and such so it's not all bad (though expensive) but I know he expects me to drink a lot of beer with him.
I've started my cut and hopped on creatine so I avoid beer like the plague because I know it wrecks my workout the next day, and I want to lift on friday as well.

Do you guys have any good tips on how to avoid the alcohol? What to say to make normies/dyels stfu about drinking?
I don't really care if he thinks I'm a tard, but I want to have a nice relaxed evening, not sitting and arguing why I shouldn't have just one beer.
Also, does a glass of wine with the steak fuck up the recovery and next day workout as much as I know a beer does?

How little self control do you have that you cant take 3 shots of whiskey and walk away?

I could do that, but I'm pretty sure that wrecks the recovery and next day workout as well, wouldn't you say?

Say you're on anti biotics, and Google before on which kind you can't drink.

Pussy

good tip, thanks mate

literally just drink anything other than beer, seriously. it's totally pleb tier alcohol.

someone on here once recommended saying youre taking a medication that you can't mix with alcohol. but this leads to more lies, like what medication and what condition you need it for etc etc

3shots of whiskey is alcoholic amounts

Get diet coke in a old fashioned glass and don't say anything they will assume you are drinking something with a mixer.

Well, seasonal flu is pretty common tier these days. I don't really get sick anymore, but the normies don't know that.

I love beer but I avoid it because I've tried just having 2 beers (while bulking) the night before workout, muscles just couldn't perform as well as I know they can. I would guess a small amount of booze or wine would have the same effect, but I haven't tried myself in the same controlled manner as with beer.

I'd rather drink beer than all those shit chemicals mate. I've cut out all sodas as well from my diet and my body loves it

beer contains silicon which is god tier for bones
you could just drink a couple light beers OP and dont do anything you dont want to do

no

I stopped drinking for 2 years straight.
At first everyone is annoying about it, but they eventually give up and don’t bother you

drink whiskey or vodka and seltzer/club soda. there's a reason thots drink this religiously

Don't light beer contain shitloads of calories (carbs) as well?

what worked best as explanation to the normies in your experience? Not giving any explanation if you know they're just gonna bitch at whatever you say anyway?

Yeah, I prefer drinking vodka straight while cutting, but as mention, I do believe the alcohol fucks up the workout next day even in small amounts. I'm considering going gin and tonic though

obviously, but if you have sweet frame a lil' hangover won't stop you from hitting the gym

is that why I get gyno the more I drhink, bc my chest are filling with silicon?

The whole bottle would yes. 3 shots, no

If you weigh 3 lbs maybe

>Don't light beer contain shitloads of calories (carbs) as well?
dont know about that, i know most beer bellies are really due to all the chips etc that go along with it

>is that why I get gyno the more I drhink, bc my chest are filling with silicon?
5/10 user it was kind of funny

It depends on when you go out and when you go to sleep. I guarantee you can have three drinks with dinner if you go out around 7:00pm, drinking water the whole time, leave around 9:30pm and be sober enough to get perfectly fine sleep. Stop being such a fag.

Like his ex, just say NO

People these days..it's not hard

I just think sessions where I suck are so boring. Cutting every single set short because I'm exhausted.. feel like I'm not making any gains but it could just be the ego talking..?

i kekked

I'll have a look at the nutrition info on a light one next time I'm at the store. I've tried low calorie beer and it absolutely sucks.

Yeah we'll be going out around there and I hope to be in bed by 2200. Have work in the morning as well.
Maybe I'll have 2 or 3 shots of vodka/gin tonics for science to see how much that affects the workout

For the first 6-ish months I’d just say I didn’t feel like it (they will be annoying as fxck)
After the half year when I went to a party I told them I didn’t drink anymore. I don’t remember exactly what I told them but I think I just said ‘for fitness’
After a year it was expected I didn’t drink.

The worst part about it is that the drunk people think they’re being “playful” when they keep pestering you to drink.

Just drink half shots like 2 -3 drinks worth tops, shittons of water/tea/milk.
You'll be golden.

What the fuck is wrong with you millennials?

"No, sorry, I don't drink, I'll have [insert something alcohol free here] instead. But hey, feel free to drink whatever you please!"
>but why, user, why?
"Because I lift and if I drink then etc etc etc"

No man who deadlifts 4pl8s is afraid to say the fucking truth nor gives a flying fuck about social validation through alcoholism (which, by the way, it's a facade pretty much as smoking, you'll be perfectly respected and maybe even admired if you don't)
Grow a fucking pairs and stand for your life decisions ffs

every person i know who doesn't drink is a total social outcast/loser. if you don't feel like drinking, have ONE glass of wine or liquor. You can sip these for probably an hour at least an be totally social with everybody else while the party goes on around you

alright, thanks for the intel mate.

It's not about validation, it's not about being scared of becoming an outcast, I don't care about any of that. it's about me not feeling like explaining myself for 4x5 minutes during an evening I'd rather just relax during to normies who'd never understand anyway. That would just leave me in a pissy mood which would probably fuck up my recovery and workouts even more.

Indeed this, I don't have any friends that don't drink. This is why I'm considering just having one glass of wine with the steak. I like the taste combination

thanks friend, I can go back home early and chugg like 2 liters of water afterwards

You're quite the little girl yourself not being able to tell him like it is.

But since you are, and do not bother about being truthful or not (Why do you even hang out with a guy you secretly dislike?) then just go with an easy lie:

- "I'm on antibiotics, cant drink"
- "I just had a fever, alcohol makes it worse"
- "My stepdad beats me if I make his dick smell like booze"
- "I have to drive a friend to bullshit city at 6AM, not having any drinks."
- "I'm trying to cut down on the booze, my dad had issues with alcohol and [sobstory]"

As I said, I'm about his only male friend and we have much history together, like serving in the army together on intops and such

But thanks for the tips, I might use one of those

>implying a 4pl8 deadlift is anything to be proud of
>implying lifting a certain amount will change anything about your personality
Nigga it's just lifting, chill out sperg-o-tron

You say this now, but what if he weights 130lbs and deadlifts 4pl8s?

You're an outcast/loser for giving it such an importance. IF those people you're referring to are real outcasts, rest assured it's NOT because they don't drink, or smoke.

>it's about me not feeling like explaining myself
But you are trying to justify yourself and you're wasting a lot of efforts trying to conceal something that doesn't need nor deserve to be concealed. If your peers aren't literal clownfishes they won't ask you every 5 minutes. If you're "chilling" or "partying" with people pestering you, find new people to party with. Do something remotely alpha for once. By the way, "let's get wasted" and "you NEED to drink/smoke/do drugs" memesters will be more of a social reject in a couple of years than how much you think you'll be a social reject for declining beer and whatnot

Who the fuck ever said that a 4pl8s is a fucking life accomplishment. Jesus. Replace it with "No man with [insert lifestyle choices here] will be afraid of his choices" if it triggers you, brainlet.

Just say you don't drink because when you were young your dad was a raging alcoholic who routinely beat the shit out of you and your mum, thought it was funny to constantly push your mum down the stairs and one day throw your cat out the 2nd storey window for the lolz

>Who the fuck ever said that a 4pl8s is a fucking life accomplishment.
You did you blind dumbass, let me roll it back, ahem:
>No man who deadlifts 4pl8s is afraid to say the fucking truth nor gives a flying fuck about social validation through alcoholism
Don't delude DYELS into thinking that lifting will get their head right.

wew lad if you can do that you can do whatever the fuck you want

here

Lemme share a good trick with you, broski. As a former ultra-drunkard-but-not-quite-alcoholic, I've turned my drinking habits around mostly by just making better decisions as far as preferences. These days, pretty much all I drink is vodka with soda water. If the vodka isn't shit, it'll taste fine and get the job done for minimal calories. If wherever you go has flavored zero calorie soda water, go for it. If they don't, just ask for soda water and a lime squeezed into it. Tastes good and the water helps keeps hangovers away.

Damn, I fucked up that quoting.
I'm actually

I never wrote nor implied that lifting will "cure" anything, or that it will "morph" someone's personality. That was not the content of that post, try to read more than a period at once. I simply referred to someone who made a lifestyle choice. Someone who doesn't lift "occasionally" or "to get toned" and therefore someone who is supposed to be serious about that. You're reading something that simply I didn't write, maybe for the sake of arguing, or maybe because it's an argument you read somewhere else and it's stuck in your brainlet mind. You can be a flaccid pancake and have grown a fucking pairs more than social sissies for sure. Some gym rats are "trying to compensate" something and they are doomed to fail if they believe that lifting alone will change anything about their personality (besides maybe adding a routine to their life, but then they fall in the OCD realm). That's a totally unrelated discussion.

Why the 4pl8 comment then?
As if it's some miraculous milestone?
>You can be a flaccid pancake and have grown a fucking pairs more than social sissies for sure
Oh shit, with spelling like that you're probably a pajeet, sorry bro.

i'm not sure how new you are, but pretty much everybody will think you are an outcast/loser if you won't/can't even have one drink. This is basic social etiquette.

Imagine refusing to have a piece of cake for somebodies birthday because you are 'cutting'.

Sometimes you have to do things you don't like to maintain social relationships.

Brah, i was 18 in uni when realized I need to get fit. I stopped drinking any alcohol for a good while. I still went to all the house parties and even nightclubs sometimes. With a big bottle of sparkling water.
The first few times the guys (obviously) were teasing me for it but i told them that I don't care what they say or do, I'm not gonna drink anything else. And they accepted this and after that no problems at all. We still had lots of crazy shit. :)
After i lost 20kgs i loosened my rules a bit on alcohol.
Just say no and fuck them

>Why the 4pl8 comment then?
>try to read more than a period at once
>I simply referred to someone who made a lifestyle choice. Someone who doesn't lift "occasionally" or "to get toned" and therefore someone who is supposed to be serious about that

>probably pajeet
I'm probably way whiter than you, not that it matters.

"No"

>"No"
Social gainz are important too, Quasimodo. Who cares if you're shredded if you have no friends. Being lonely sucks, can't delude yourself out of that. Lighten up, there's more to life than lifting.
Unless you're using your refusal to make yourself feel better about yourself. Which you are.
>I'm probably way whiter than you, not that it matters.
kek yeah "probably"

"No" as in "No, you're not giving up on social life if you decline a drink"
You're comparing apples and oranges when you mix up "basic social etiquette" with this topic. It's not like going to someone's birthday and say "fuck yourself and fuck your fucking cake too". At all.

>Lighten up, there's more to life than lifting.
Never implied nor wrote anything different.

People treat me like a leper. When I tell them I don't drink. So I don't have to worry about going out.

I don't drink. Tell everyone I don't drink. People respect it. Have fun anyway.

Why is this so hard?

Be a man and let people know you avoid alcohol for your health. Fuck anyone who judges.

Just get a double shot of whiskey on the rocks, or some other liquor of your choosing. Hydrate before hand and after you'll be fine to workout the next day. Or just have a beer that you like. Personally I don't notice a difference f having a beer or two and working out the next day. Not a heavyweight by any means but a little alcohol doesn't have long term effects

>put literally anything in a red solo cup or flask
>smile a lot when you talk to people and be more expressive with your face (to appear drunk)

Or just say "no thank you" and don't be an edgelord about it. "Nah man I'm not drinking tonight, thanks though" if anyone actually tries to argue with you or call you a pussy or some shit, they're not a good friend and you shouldn't be hanging out with those kind of people anyway.

Avoid beer. drink vodka or wiskey

"Sorry man, not today, my stomachs been fucking with me. But how've ya been etc."

Oh wow look how difficult, better make a thread since I couldn't figure out this brain teaser. Jesus christ

Not sure if I should call you a dyel but I notice a lot of strength drop the day after just 2 beers.

Night we didn't all grow up in a convent

Isn't that because alcohol is some muscle relaxant or some shit like that?

I gave up drinking a year ago.
To be honest no one cares, if I go out with my friends I usually have a coffee or a diet coke if the bar is busy.
No one has given me shit for it yet.

sounds exactly like my problem on the weekends. My friend wants me to come over and get drunk with him.

Man 2 beers is almost nothing. If you are "losing strength" the next day because of it, it's almost certainly all in your head. As long as you don't miss sleep, and drink some water after, there is no evidence that the effects of two beers being harmful or lasting long enough to affect you the next day.

no mate, I'd been plateauing on flat bench as the first exercise for a while, dumbbells of 38kgs for 3x8, it always went like this:
1. set 8 reps
2. set 6 reps
3. set 5 reps

The day after 2 beers with good sleep and food as always:
1. set 6 reps
2. set 5 reps
3. set 5 reps
And at the end of all sets I was pushing and pushing and the muscles just couldn't give any more.

Maybe. I also suspect it prevents the muscles from getting enough water no matter how much you water you consume before and after.

Same women, same pose, same skirt.