Home gym setups

Who else uses a home gym ?
Only been lifting a few months but having a set up at home makes working out so much easier.
Still got a way to go with mine but can manage to do most exercises with the limited equipment I have.

Post your setups

Had a lat pull down, leg curl and leg ext but sold em. To the left of the platform is an elliptical and will be bringing in a lat pull down / seated row combo

Porch gym master race

OPs setup being the best in the thread is fucking hilarious

Kill me

I don’t think I’ve ever seen this, but I keep my rack in a diagonal in the middle of a spare bedroom (9 x 10 foot). It gives you a few more feet of tollarance for your barbell.

I've got a portable bench that does the following
>bench press
>incline bench press
>dips
>squat loading/deloading

best £60 I ever spent, only handles up to 200kg though (including bodyweight)

mines bretty gud. picked up a lot of goodies over the years

this honestly looks pretty cool

Not the most ideal situation, but I got sick of going to the local gym and having it be packed having to wait for equipment.

I still prefer lifting at a gym during non-peak hours, but most times I can't go any other time besides peak hours.

I'm looking into buying a power rack/bench/barbell set. Any advice?

I want to be able to do squats, bench presses, deadlifts, military presses, and pendlay rows.

Ignore the rugs, got them from my parents, they use to have those all over their place back in the early 90s.

Say you have one of these and a bench.
Is any other equipment necessary?

is that a painting of kim jung on the far right

yes lol it was a gift from a guy who pays me for personal training...kind of weird but it's funny

It's not the greatest setup. But the weights go up to 225. I can hit pretty much everything. I miss machines :( I feel like I'm in jail

A couple kettlebells (swings, get ups, halos, windimills, snatches, etc.), some gymnastics rings (chins, dips, front and back levers, etc), and a set of parallettes (handstand push ups, planche, etc.). And a dip belt. And this freaking huge yoga mat.

I had a full setup with a Pendlay bar, bumpers, squat stands, bench, etc. but it made my apartment look like a gym-obsessed sperg lived there.

Not that I'm not a gym-obsessed sperg. I just don't want my apartment to look like that's all I am.

Pull up bar

Can you do benchpress in that? Isn't the stop to high up
?
If yes, then you only need some dumbells.

Agree with

nice gear

shit space

you must have a good job but not good enough to have a dedicated gym room in your house

I would get a cage with adjustable safetypins instead. It's more versatile. You can do Rackpulls at different heights i.e. above below knee and so on.
And you can do pull and chin ups with a cage. Go for the cage with a bench and and you are good user.

Do you move the bench to squat from the back?

don't do heavy squats or dead lifts any longer.

a pull-up bar, maybe -- that stuff looks sweet tho

depends on what you mean by "necessary"

why deprive yourself of the ability to do accessory work/isolation moves? if you can only afford bar + rack + plates start there, but over time try to get more stuff that will be useful (pullup bar, dumbbells, ab wheel, bands, cable machine, etc)

That's great user

seconding Personally, I have something similar to pic related and a FID bench. Benefit is it all adjusts low enough that I can bench press off the hooks with safeties just in case, adjusts high enough that I can do pull ups off my barbell, and being free stands I can push them close together to do dips off the safeties. Might be worth considering if you don't already have something like your pic.
You can also get similar stands with an adjustable bar at the base so you can still vary the width, but with some extra stability.

Something else I wish I'd considered is something like pic related. It's basically just half a cage, so you can buy all sorts of compatible accessories - various sized safeties, actual dip/pullup attachments, etc. Much higher weight rating and adjustment potential for people who have a little more space to work with, but still not enough for a full/wall cage.

whoops

rogue racks are so overpriced, especially if you're just starting out. you can get a rack that will serve the same purpose for under 200 bucks brand new and it'll hold 500+lbs no problem, plus you won't get roped into buying a bunch of stupid attachments that you couldn't make yourself/buy separately for cheaper

Yeah, to clarify it was just the first result on google images, not a brand suggestion.

Which cage is that. Is it not bolted in? If not then is it ever a problem? Started cleaning my parents garage to install a gym but had to give up on that and join a gym till I move out and get my own garage

Doesn't need to be bolted in if you have plate storage. That rack is a particular rack that is not bolted down. There is another version of it which you do bolt down though.

On top of a squat rack, I’m thinking of investing in adjustable dumbells. Anyone has an opinion on them? Or would buying regular dumbells by kg be overall better?

Ive had both. Adjustable dumbells are really annoying to constantly adjust. Having regular dumbells is just saves a lot of time/annoyance.

Then again if money is tight youre not gona get regular dumbbells, or at least youll have to buy them slowly over time

Thank you for the answer bro. Yeah I have a lot of money to spend so going with what you said, definitely regular dumbells seems to be the key. I like to do my reps with no more than a minutes rest so regular works out best. Thank you again.

Yah go with that then.

I legit stopped using my adjustable dumbbells because I eventually just got too lazy to constantly adjust them. Sure its like a mini-barbell youre adding/removing plates on, but having to do it to 2 of them every time.....pain in the ass, and requires a lot of smaller plates.

Its so refreshing now that i have regular dumbbells, just picking up the one I want and dropping em to pick up another weight without having to worry about adjusting them.

It hurt my wallet though, but w/e

I envy every single one of you anons

also nice quads

Don't even know how to use this properly to be honest

mirin hard

Did you put the bench on the wrong side ?
The safety pins are useless like that.

Poor fag here. I only use dumbbell and bodyweight.