I have a dog. She is 1 year and 3 months old

I have a dog. She is 1 year and 3 months old.
I got her because I wanted some company and a dog to guard my house. I developed a great relationship with her. I let her do everything she wanted. She destroyed a lot of furniture, some clothes and electronics. I would let her eat my food even when I would barely have any for myself. I wanted to feel loved and to be her number one.

My brother came to live with me when my dog was around 5 months old. He was disgusted at the state of the house and started separating me from the dog. The dog was barely allowed to be near me. The dog started liking him a lot ( more than she liked me in my opinion). In many of our arguments he said that the dog would always like him more.

Today I was giving her a treat and patting her head. I went close to kiss her and she growled at me. I got frustrated and hit her. She immediately growled. I accused my brother of ruining my relationship with my dog. He denied having anything to do with this.
I think he does though. I think she snaps at me because I'm much more weaker than him physically. He's very tall and muscular meanwhile I look like a piece of shit.

I'm so disappointed in everything. I just wanted to be important to someone, to be someone's number one. But not even a fucking dog wanted me. I can't stand this dog, I hate her and I don't trust her. I feel that she could attack me at any moment. I despise my brother for ruining my relationship with my dog.

I created this thread to ask some questions:

Why did the dog get aggressive with me and not him even though I beat her less often and less harsh than him?

Why have I always felt that she liked him more even though I always gave her more attention, gave her my food, let her destroy my stuff?

>she destroys all my shit and eats all my food
>likes chad more

senpai, women dont respect anyone that they walk all over

implying this is not some retarded bait, but if you dont have a firm grasp on your dog, she will see you as weak and thus inferior. Dont let her destroy yours stuff, dont let her eat your food and dont let her growl at you. She is liking him more since he feels like a leader to her, because that is what dogs want

beta orbiter to a dog
wew

Shes still young.

My dog kept snapping at me until she was like 3 years old or so. Now shes 9 and hasn't snapped at me in years and always wants me to cuddle her and lick me.

The biggest change that happened was I got a 2nd dog when the 1st dog was 3 years old. The 2nd dog was a puppy and she basically took on the puppy as her own kid, and she basically raised the puppy herself.

you are supposed to slap the fuck out of a dog/puppy/gf from day one every time they snap at you

It will get the idea eventually

what the fuck

I thought dogs are domesticated now. Is that behavior still in them?

why wouldnt it be, its still in niggers

like all bitches she only respects alpha dominance. she doesnt want to be your friend or equal, shes looking for an owner.

You should beat her more. My last dog was a big collie girl and was always punished when she misbehaved and I could stick my hand in her mouth without concerns.
>tfw got mad at her because she was dehydrated last summer and didnt want to drink my cold water and ended up trowing the on her and she was still cool
>took her to vet because kept getting more dehydrated and looked like shit
>turned out she had advanced cancer and couldnt ingest anything
>died 2 days later

>Veeky Forums

I did, that didnt stop the snapping.

When we got the new puppy she just redirected her snaps to the puppy when it was annoying her.

She sees you lower on the totem pole than your brother and possibly even herself. You have to reassert yourself as the pack leader. The pack leader fucks up the other dogs that don't remember theyre place.
If she chews something or jumps on the bed/ couch, slap her.
Don't veer out of her way if shes in front of you, walk right thru her.
Only give her food after youve had something to eat.
And if she snaps at you, hit her hard and put her in a cage or closet.

when I was a child and I misbehaved my father slapped me. If I did it again, i got slapped harder. He was willing to continue this trend of increasing intensity up to and including my death. Eventually I fucking stopped.

Thats how they cured autism in the 80's

You don't hit your dogs retards. You're not a nog with a pit bull. If she misbehaves firmly grasp your hand around her mouth so she can't open it, lift her head so she sits, make eye contact, and say "no" in a serious voice.

Spare the rod, spoil the child. You don't have to beat your dog, but you need to discipline it.

>Why did the dog get aggressive with me and not him even though I beat her less often and less harsh than him?

What the fuck
You're both retarded
Dogs get aggressive if you raise them with violence, you fucking dipshit
Assuming this is not a troll thread and you're really this retarded

get a help

This. You don't want your dog to fear you, you want it to respect your authority. Doing this makes it known you're the boss without the fear

Another user here

This is great and all, but how do I train my cat?

Man i have a cat, when we got it i told my girlfriend i can train this thing. 2 years later and the bastard is near untrainable and doesn't listen to anything i say so i've given up.
But a water pistol will stop it doing shit in front of you, but when you're not home it will just do it because it doesn't give a shit about anything

GSD needs to be raised with a firm hand than hit and heart that can kill. It will walk all over you if you spoil them too much, spit in her food before you feed, establish boundaries and punish. Also give them toys that encourage teething.
No such thing as bad dogs only bad owners and breeders

Check his aesthetics brah

I’ve tried to positively condition him to come when I call his name by attempting to associate it with treats or food, but he doesn’t ever come when I don’t have those things

Maybe I say it too much when I’m not feeding him?

I heard associating being good with a clicker or something is a good way to train? Idk I just want him to come

Also he’s getting into bad habits of playing with wires or other shit and idk how to tell him not to do that CSU’s scars don’t really respond to negative conditioning like dogs

>pic related is the motherfucker

this
how the fuck do you expect the dog to trust and like you if you hit her and don't respect her boundaries (within reason)?

dogs are smelly, jacked little children with sharp teeth. They don't care about "alphaness" just someone who will be reliably fun and nice.

Have you tried clicker training? It's a good way to improve communication on both ends (but mostly yours) and your relationship with your dog.

My cat looks at me when i call its name but never comes. I don't think any cat does. Training a cat is near impossible
Like i said, if it goes near cords and shit just spray the fucker. It will learn not to do it in front of you but when you aren't home who knows what it will do. Took me 2 years to finally stop mine jumping on our table and i'm positive he still does it when im not home

How do i teach my dog to stop eating food she finds outside? Once she finds something she will just run from me because i cant catch her until she is done eating..

No choice left OP, if you want her back from a dude as chad as your bro, you gotta give that dog the dicking of a lifetime now and set the bitch straight.

You are not assertive enough, your neuroticism and insecurity was noticed by the dog and it in turn looked for someone stronger to be the pack leader.