What is the safest/least damaging anxiety drug?

What is the safest/least damaging anxiety drug?

I've always hated the idea of having to take medication just to feel like a normal human being, but I'm 25 now, I've been suffering with anxiety daily my entire life, just dealing with it and hoping it eventually goes away. Well it hasn't, and (at it's worst) it's fucked up relationships and made social occasions miserable and draining.

It's constantly there, on good days it's barely an issue, still there and noticeable, but probably doesn't have any significant negative effect. On bad days it's awful.

I'm looking for an anxiety drug that I don't have to take every single day, doesn't have to be a strong drug, I know there are drugs out there (xanax) that would completely kill all anxiety, but obviously that comes with a massive list of negative effects, which I don't want.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kaNO09cPS6c
marc.ucla.edu/meditation-at-the-hammer
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

test and tren

CBD

I get anxiety when I don't expend enough energy , other than that bro taking a drug for the rest of your life doesn't sound like a viable option

I actually tried vaping CBD, I did it for 2 full weeks, and it was only 350mg if I remember correctly

I can't say it made a huge effect on my anxiety, I'd say it maybe helped me sleep better, also seemed to make me feel more apathetic and lazy

I know 2 weeks isn't a long time and 350mg isn't a lot, so it could have just been coincidence and placebo how I felt those 2 weeks

what would you recommend, presumably capsules and a higher dose, right?

Just kill yourself man. If you couldn't get over anxiety in your teens then there is no money worth expending to fix it. Seriously. Probably all your problems come from prenatal experiences your mom had between the 2nd and 3rd trimester of pregnancy and now there's nothing you can do. Unless you man up and try to live the life you have.

Wow user are you me?
Benzos are great, they are like alchool but without all the negative side effects.
But drugs are not a long term solution, ultimately what helped me was getting fit.

Noopept, sam-e, and alpha gpc all helped my depression and anxiety. So did improving my diet (eating more fruit, less processed garbage)

user you are spending your time shit posting on a korean dick exchange board.
Why don't (you) kill your self fag.

Hydroxyzine is awesome for this. Its non addictive. Just careful cause it can cause drowsyness at first.

CBD or beta blockers. Talk to a Dr. Don't ask here kek.

Cardio 4-5 times a week can provide a serious reduction in anxiety.

Plus, you know, all the other benefits of that much cardio.

Stop seeking out Jewish concoctions and become the man your dog thinks you are.

I don't know much about beta blockers, but I know my sister was (maybe still is) taking them

We've never spoke about it, but now that you mention beta blockers, maybe she has anxiety too?

Have you tried kratom?

It won't cure serious anxiety but it helps a lot. Just relaxes you socially and physically.

In my experience, there's not really anything good out there. Xanax and Klonopin knocked me the fuck out and trashed my libido, weed gave me panic attacks and trashed my memory, phenibut made me sleepy and dizzy for days, kratom ruined my appetite and erections, Tramadol actually worked well but was unbelievably addictive and gave me brain zaps, SSRIs didn't do anything for the anxiety and gave various side effects.

Really the only thing that works okay is alcohol. And that sucks because it makes you fat and is hard on your liver, but at least it's socially acceptable to have a drink in most cases when you'll actually need it, like on dates or at parties. As long as you can control how much you drink, it can be really useful.

Man up and stop being anxious

Didn't you ever try valium? less addictive, the effects last longer, pretty much an entire day

Heard really good things about ashwaghanda for anxiety . Rhodolia rosea calms your mind too. just like l theanine but theanine is the most expensive of these 3. Try them many like them for mood enhancemant and anxiety

no one noticed her soft feet?

I already fapped to these feet if that's what your asking

gradual exposure

23 y.o here anxiety used to end in hyperventilation, took some SSRI meds for a while felt like a dead person, dropped it. started lifting, feel better as good as im gonna get with it, alcohol once in a while helps a lot as well.

is it also andrzejczyk on the left?

fuck off with these threads
I always get baited by feet

Citalopram with DBT has done wonders for me.

Also there’s nothing wrong with being on medication long-term. That’s an antiquated and misguided way of thinking. If you need help and medication can improve your life why wouldn’t you?

I moisturized my girlfriend's feet daily for months and they still were rough as fuck

Second this, green and white strains are the best imo

I've always liked a blend of red/white.
But I also like hard benzos - would not recommended.

is it really her on the left? if so, why is she posing like it's a pic for some foot fetish website?

I fucking hate having a foot fetish while doing nofap

Why has no one mentioned phenibut yet? I have fairly decent anxiety and it not only kills my anxiety but also makes me WANT to talk to people.

Just don't take it too often. I take it once per week, never take it more than two times per week. Also don't take more than 2g in a day and you'll be golden.

Its basically a legal rooskie benzo. Might as well hop on the true benzo train.

This desu.

Chinese chemicals are still gonna be your crutch - treating the symptom not the cause. If you want long lasting change independent on drugs CBT & Gradual exposure nigga.

>between the 2nd and 3rd trimester of pregnancy
You are so stupid. The most sensitive time is between 2-4 weeks post-conception.

Valeriana or Hydroxyzine
Benzos are actually safe, people that get hooked on them abuse them from the get go.
Go to therapy and also try to see a psychiatrist to start treatment with an antidepressant.

Increased risk of Alzheimers/dementia?

health.harvard.edu/blog/benzodiazepine-use-may-raise-risk-alzheimers-disease-201409107397

this
anxiety and depression are mental illnesses of literal redditors without healthy families, friends and identities

>taking it for more than 6 months
The reason you combine a benzo with an antidepressant is to cut off the benzo as soon as the antidepressant starts kicking in (about 4 weeks into the treatment.

I want her to tie my up, gag me with her socks and put her feet on my face after her workout

You would want to try the safest/softest treatment first:
> natty
> weak anxiolytics (ashwagandha)
> GABAb agonists (phenibut, baclofen)
> opiates (tianeptine)
> benzos (etizolam)

Parallel with the sedatives, you should regularly trip. I recommend 4-HO-MIPT but go in sedated on your first time.

oh forgot to mention but SSRIs work for many people and I would probably try them after opiates.

>opiates for anxiety
wut

Some opiates can be have damaging to the brain than benzos

What I meant is that there's no indication for opiates as treatment for anxiety.

*some opiates can be less damaging than benzos

Also here are the results from the r/Nootropics survey

He is the answer user, our lord and savior can help you

>What is the safest/least damaging anxiety drug?

Testosterone.

do ERP....

I just started zoloft yesterday for depression/GAD. It's actually already making a difference in my perceptions, which is nice. I almost feel like myself again. YMMV tho, I've heard of people having terrible reactions to zoloft.

>What is the safest/least damaging anxiety drug?
Regular, vigorous exercise.

You're panicking about your panic when you should just accept that it's part of who you are and always going to be there. HARNESS THE FEAR. USE IT.

Listen, buddy, here's my actual, non-ironic, non-trolling advice:

Get some N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine. It's a precursor to dopamine. If you're stressed out all the time you get low on dopamine. Take about 2000mg a day of it. Can almost guarantee that by Day Two you'll find yourself chilling out about life.

Now, Part Two: Regular, vigorous exercise, preferably daily. IDGAF what it is you do, lift, run, bike, swim, whatever, so long as you're consistent about it. Humans did not evolve to sit on their asses all day long and stare at a wall, *thinking* about shit that doesn't even matter.

Part Three: LEARN TO DEAL WITH YOUR SHIT. If you're really 25 and have been like this then you've built up BAD HABITS mentally. Separate out your shit into two buckets:
>Shit you can't do anything about
>Shit you CAN do something about
Throw the first bucketfull away, and then start sorting through the second one, finding *solutions* for that shit.
Do NOT even let me hear you THINKING "I can't do anything about anything" or I will virtually SLAP YOUR SHIT, got it?

There's your advice. I suggest you take it. Start now.

>there's nothing you can do
Never going to make it.

There are really no shortcuts.
1. Visit a psychiatrist. Make sure you're comfortable with him/her, many people fail their treatment because of a poor doctor-patient relationship. Don't be afraid to change or ask for a change of doctor.
2. Make sure that you get therapy. Some psychiatrists don't offer therapy, if that's the case visit a psychologist and follow the same rules as with the first point.
3. Don't rush it. GAD/Depression aren't diseases that you get from one day to another. While you can improve as fast as you can, it usually takes some time either to adjust to the proposed lifestyle changes and for the medication to start making full effect.
4. Pay attention to side effects and always inform your doctor about them.
5. Try not to listen to myths about overcoming anxiety. It's a personal matter and treatment should be specialized for each individual.
6. Activate yourself as soon as you feel like it. After all, this is Veeky Forums.

Because it can't be used regularly or long term.

that shit causes hallusinations and what not. Not good.

I use l-theanine, combined in a 4-1 ratio with caffeine twice a day. I never noticed a conscious difference, but I did notice after a few weeks that it had been quite a while since in a a "bad" day. It's subtle.

rarely, between 1/1000 and 1/10 000

Berry scary!

Self assurance

i've done similar to what this guy says and it works

well, considering every drug out there has side effects,

>anxiety drug
>anxiety
>drug
Why would you need to treat anxiety with drugs? It's either a serious condition that requires therapy, or just your fear of failure.

You Americans are always looking for easy solutions.

Therapy + medication has a better outcome than therapy alone or medication alone.

Would you mind not posting your educated opinion here? We're trying to be self-righteous jerkoffs about things we don't have a fucking notion about, if you don't mind

alright faggot here is how to get rid of any type of anxiety/depression. its not easy but it works.
just fucking do it.

cardio 3-5 times a week. long distance works best, 1h+.
healthy diet. no processed bread, processed sugar, junk food,or any artificial crap like aspartame etc. eat a ton of veggies that make you FEEL good. Green tea and coffee helps.
Establish a sleeping rythm that isn't shit. oversleeping causes depression and dementia.
Socialize and spend time with friends and family. Take walks in nature.
Meditate(mindfullness)
Take care of yourself, love yourself and don't do stupid degrading shit. Set limits, put your foot down when others try to exploit you. Set goals and work towards them.

diet and cardio is the most important factor though. Proper gut health is directly related to your emotional well-being. don't eat dairy and whitebread/pasta crap.

also get a Rhodiola rosea supplement. russian studies have shown that it was 5 times more effective then anything else for treating anxiety. it's an adoptogen, it increases mental and physical stamina by ALOT. it's the GOAT of adaptogens, and any supplement.

also, get enough sunlight/vit-d. check for iron and b12 deficiencys.

Working hard persistently is obviously not for faggot op. He does not even want to try going to a doctor for prescription, he wants the easiest solution possible.

I know people like him, they prefer being permanently hooked on melatonin supps forever instead of changing their lifestyle.

>He does not even want to try going to a doctor for prescription, he wants the easiest solution possible.
and he shouldn't either. prescription drugs make you suicidal and an empty sociopath devoid of any emotion.

most people get anxiety and AD/HD from an unbalanced gutflor/leaky gut. they eat crap and theyr body turns to crap

Honestly marijuana to relax you and ecstasy to pump you. Ended up going to a dance club where my friend didn’t dance but the pill kicked in and I ended up getting a girls number. I’m not saying to not try it but I’m saying if you’re really stuck and can’t open up to people that is your best bet. Otherwise try acid or shrooms and realize how ridiculous you are. These are one time tries imo. No need to hassle yourself into drugs all the time but use them as a case to find why you’re anxious all the time. They’re not going to magically change you. It’ll just mess with your head enough to understand the things you’ll be working on.

>prescription drugs make you an empty sociopath devoid of any emotion.
not him, but that's what I'm going for. which prescription drugs exactly?

>prescription drugs make you suicidal
They really don't, but it's a common myth, people who are severely depressed just don't have the energy to kill themselves despite having suicidal thoughts, improving the condition clears their mind for plotting their suicide. The drugs don't produce suicidal thoughts, they were there before any medication. That's why it is very important for the patient to go to therapy.
>an empty sociopath devoid of any emotion
Psycholeptics are used in short terms and often paired with an antidepressant. The result is improving the emotional estate.

any anti-depressants. might aswell just kill yourself. it also fucks over your libido

>They really don't, but it's a common myth, people who are severely depressed just don't have the energy to kill themselves despite having suicidal thoughts, improving the condition clears their mind for plotting their suicide. The drugs don't produce suicidal thoughts, they were there before any medication. That's why it is very important for the patient to go to therapy.
except they DO, you jewcuck. suicidal thoughts are LITERALLY listed as sideeffects. not everyone who is depressed is suicidal, but they do become suicidal after taking anti-depressants.

it's complete and utter shit-tier "treatment", and will only make things worse.

>be informed about something
>get called a jewcuck
well, time for me to leave, I hope I helped someone, at least

>it also fucks over your libido
doesn't matter, I'm gonna be a wizard in a few months anyway

Fuck beta-blockers, they will lower your test and make you weak in the length. Best way to remove anxiety is to stop drinking TOO MUCH, hit the weights, don't sit up all night and eat healthy. By doing this, you will go from 200 to 800 in test in just 20-30 days if you do it right. Start eating those pomegranates too. If you have a very important presentation, or job interview, you take 750mg Phenibut. This is something that should be used maximum twice a week, so use it wisely. I've landed jobs and sales with it, women too. It is an autism remover.

Some people might think you are joking or being ironic, maybe you are. Having faith in yourself and things you do is very important. A shaman told me: "Remember; every difficulty is a challenge from the gods, every task you complete will be rewarded, so knowing that, face it with a smile on your face."

well you're wrong so fuck off

>If you have a very important presentation, or job interview, you take 750mg Phenibut. This is something that should be used maximum twice a week, so use it wisely. I've landed jobs and sales with it, women too. It is an autism remover.
is there something like that which I can take whole week? how significant is the tolerance increase when it's taken e.g. 5 days a week?

Predictable response, that suggests potentially negative effects.

There are drugs beyond pharmaceuticals.

Ashwagandha is associated with cytotoxicity.

..Because the truth is, as the common-dialogue neurochemicals are metabolized from amino acids — in studies as very responsive to food — that there are natural alternatives, often having positive effects, e.g., libido.

"No." Proper nutrition is associated with getting results for lifting — mental processes are chemical.

>SSRIs
No.

It's helpful establishing basic levels of mental and physical fitness, especially for purity of experiences.

No.

No.

This is fun.

Protips:

>Unless you man up

You're a fucking faggot.

>how significant is the tolerance increase when it's taken e.g. 5 days a week?
very significant

you need at least several days between doses and shouldn't take it more than twice a week, tolerance builds very quickly and withdrawal is bad

There is; it's called proper nutrition / supplementation.

Everything about what you wrote is retarded.

OP, talk to your doctor. He’ll probably suggest SSRIs or zanax, both of which are fantastic drugs. Don’t let setbacks convince you you’re not making progress.

Cocaine mixed with mushrooms

tren

I was going to say lsd but that works as well.

Its called 'stopbbeingawhineyfaggot'. It is a relatively new drug but people have been doing it since the dawn of time. You know, before we had electricity and social media.

But given that you are most likely a female, you don't want to actually change, you just desire attention for your pretend problem.

No.

both of those are the worst drugs possible. LMAO

exposure therapy

Ok OP ignore all of these faggots pretending to be alpha and telling you to “man up” and other bullshit. Mental illness is no fun at all. Long distance cardio will help a lot, it helps release the right chemicals to counter your anxiety. Being afraid of going on meds is stupid, no one irl will judge you for it and your social interactions will only improve. SSRI’s may not work for everyone, but they are a worthwhile option to try. I started Zoloft for my social anxiety and depression about a month ago, and it has helped a lot, lowering my symptoms without many side effects (slightly lower appetite, possibly lower libido but tfw no gf and I fap too much anyways). I actually feel like I have more energy, so they don’t always make you feel like a zombie. Anyone that’s scared of pharmaceuticals is a fucking brainlet who never passed orgo, just be aware you may have to try different drugs before finding one that works. Long term, you need to go to therapy as well as meds, and hopefully after a while the therapy will have helped and you can stop taking meds

damage your brain to the point you no longer experience anxiety

youtube.com/watch?v=kaNO09cPS6c
watch this
try meditation
marc.ucla.edu/meditation-at-the-hammer

sorry to say laddo but it's booze

SSRIs are underrated.

For me it is atomoxine to treat ADHD (27 yrs old). I am now able to concentrate on tasks and not be distracted, fucking duh. A large deal of my anxiety and depression stemmed from not being able to manage my thoughts and responsibilities on a day to day basis, being spaced out or mindfully abscent (i heard you say x, y, z but did not retain any information whatsoever), and stopped fidgeting. My energy levels are also high to begin with, so amphetamines such as adderrall is not ideal. Atomoxine enhances your norepherine neurotransmitters - because low levels of it may show signs of ADHD.

>44618656

Misspelled drug, it is Atomoxetine.

I have a prescription for Ativan, 1 mg. I asked a doctor for it for a flight, and she gave me 10 pills (I travel fairly regularly). I know what you mean in terms of not taking a pill daily, and regular benzo use is a nightmare.

However, I have some relief just carrying the bottle with me, throughout my daily life and when flying. I've only used it for flying once, and once for a job interview. This is over 2 years.

Obviously, if you are disposed to drug abuse, this is not a good route. But like I said, the comfort of knowing that IF I need an out, I have a pill I can take and feel better at once.

This is of course, in addition to mindfulness exercises and regular workouts.

Good luck, user. Anxiety is a bitch

Benzos are veeerrryyy dangerous to use for more than 2 or 3 weeks.