Routine Thread

r8 routine (Reddit PPL with accomodations for homegym) and post your own/criticism or others

PUSH
>Bench Press/Overhead Press 5x5 (alternate)
>Bench Press/Overhead Press 4x8 (alternate)
>Incline DB Bench Press 3x10
>LTE 4x12
>Lateral Raises (superset w/ 50%) 3x8-12

PULL:
>Barbell Rows 5x8
>Chinups 3x10
>Chest-Supported Rows 3x8-12
>Rear Delt Flies (superset w/50%) 5x15
>Barbell Curls 4x8-12
>Hammer Curls 4x8-10

LEGS
>Squats 3x5
>Hamstring Curls 3x8-10
>Barbell Calf Raises 5xF
>Toe Press 5x20
>Biking 20mins

Other urls found in this thread:

muscleandstrength.com/workouts/dumbbell-only-home-or-gym-fullbody-workout.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

100% utter garbage

would CoolCicada be better?

impossible to advise without knowing your level of training
how much can you
bench
squat
deadlift
overhead press
row
chin up ??

if I say it I'm gonna get recommended SS which is a huge fucking meme
I bench the same as most people my age/weight.

bench 165 kg
squat 190 kg 3x5
deadlif 260 kgx1
press 100kg x2
row 140kg 3x5

A
OHP 3x5+
Chin ups 3x5+
Squat 3x5+
Lat pull down (pronated or neutral grip) 3x12-15
Triceps push downs 3x15+
Face pulls 3x15+
Abs

B
Bench 3x5+
Cable rows 3x8-10
Inclined barbell bench press 3x8-10
DL 1x5+
DB curls 3x12-15
Triceps push downs 3x15+
Face pulls 3x15+
Abs

M squat
T bench
W deadlift
Th ohp
F clean/snatch
S dips
Sun pullups/chinups

Jumprope + Heavybag for cardio

*I wanna add in rows,weighted pushups and another legs exercise (maybe a squat variant or lunge) but I think it would be too much? Help

>1 exercise per day
oh no no no no no
are you a powerlifter?

here is mine
im open for criticism

how much time do you spend in the gym
5 sets for EVERYTHING i feel is too much
stimulate, not annihiate- unless you're juicing recovery is key

also do OHP 5x5 second, your shoulders will be fried by the time you get to them
change incline to dumbbell and do 3x10

1-1.5 hour depending on my mood and the day
i have been doing this for the last month and a half and everything is great im having decent strength gains even though im on a cut
also im not on roids

gj brah. As a forewarning though, you MAY hit a block sometime in the future. In those cases, you will have to adjust volume accordingly
how long have you been lifting?

tnx brah i will keep that in mind
1 year 7 months but for the first year i was practically fucking around i didnt push myself and my lifts were the same 1 year in as they were 3 months in so basically i wasted a year but i have been working hard the last 7 months to make up for the lost time
we are all gonna make it

Is it viable to do a bro-split method (1x frequency) but using simple compounds?

E.G

Monday = Bench
Tuesday = Weighted Pull-Ups
Wednesday = Squat/Deadlift
Thursday = OHP
Friday = Arms

>that e-stating
If your numbers are so high, why are you posting in a thread like this?

Can Veeky Forums please help me design a AxBxCxx routine, using just bodyweight, dumbbells and barbell in my bedroom?
I want to hit the whole body/all muscle groups each day, with mainly compounds.
I've started with a few weeks of this(link below), and have made progress, but I want some of that sweet, sweet Veeky Forums advice.
muscleandstrength.com/workouts/dumbbell-only-home-or-gym-fullbody-workout.html

Upper A

5 Bench Press
5 One Arm High-Cable Row
4 Overhead Press
4 Overhead Triceps Extensions
5 Concentration Curl
5 Facepulls
5 Lateral Raises

Lower A
5 Deadlift
5 Bulgarian Squat
4 Leg Curls
5 Shrugs
5 Standing Calf Raises
3 Neck Curls
4 Leg Raises

Upper B
5 Reverse Grip/Incline Bench Press
5 Chin-Ups
4 Triceps Dips
5 Reverse Curls
5 Rear Lateral Raises
5 Lateral Raises

Lower B
5 Squat
4 Romanian Deadlift
5 Shrugs
5 Seated Calf Raises
3 Neck Curls
4 Crunches

Upper C
5 Overhead Press
5 Barbell Row
5 Flyes
4 Triceps Dips
4 Incline Bicep Curls
5 Facepulls
5 Lateral Raises

Lower C
5 Squat
4 Good Mornings
5 Shrugs
5 Standing Calf Raises
3 Neck Curls
4 Leg Raises

Pic related 4 days a week.
Plus I do extra t3 exercises :
D1: leg curl calves abs
D2:bb row facepulls curls
D3: flies, lateral raises, overhead ext
D4: leg press rdl seated row and abs

Any good?

A very basic principle is training every muscle group 2 times a week.

Push/pull

Bench 3x5
Squat 3x5
Incline Bench 2x8
Maybe some DB OHP or maybe triceps shit...
Band pull-aparts

DL 3x3
Lat Pulldown 3x10
DB row 2x8
Rear delt fly 2x10
Curls 2xwhatever

Planks or decline weighted sit ups done whenever I feel like it.

Run once or twice a week, a mile or two at a time.

Heavy weights and actually challenging calisthenics are gonna fuck your floor/carpet up and stink the place up with sweat and cause scuff marks over time. When I was a kid I lifted in the garage.

Also I doubt that you have room or money to afford progressing with more weight. Can you fit enough DB's for progressing up on, say, heavy 1 arm rows? Can you do deads? Cleans?

You're fucked bro. Nobody gonna make gains with light weights that will never get heavier. You can hope for like ottermode at most if, as I assume, you live in your parents house and have no income for a gym, car, groceries, etc. That said...

A
DB lunges
Push ups
Rows
Planks

B
Jefferson deadlift
OHP
Chin Ups
Some other kind of abs thing

Fuck your C day. Do AxBxA then BxAxB so that there's enough consistency for you to make progress. This helped me when I was in high school and I was at least not fat so theres that.

Thanks for insight

A Day: Upper Body
1. Bench Press: 1x15 (warmup/stretch), 4x10
2. Bent Over Row: 1x15 (warmup/stretch), 4x10
3. DB OHP: 5x10
4. DB Curl: 5x10
5. Stationary Bicycle: 15 min, target 130 bpm

B Day: Lower Body
1. Zercher Squat: 1x15 (warmup/stretch), 4x10
2. DB Calf Raises: 5xfail
3. Straight Leg Deadlift: 1x15 (warmup/stretch), 4x10
4. Stationary Bicycle: 30 min, target 130 bpm

C Day: Rest

> if i say it im gonna get recommended SS
> if i admit how weak i am i'm gonna be recommended a program that will help me to not be weak
> instead of doing an effective program for my beginner training level i want to spin my wheels with some cookie cutter high volume program intended for advanced lifters that will take me 3-4 years to achieve what 6-15 months of a proper beginner program would give me
> hurr durr SS is a meme bro kek lel xD
this is you. the sad thing is, this is a good chunk of the people on Veeky Forums here too. They never put in the work to build a base and then declare that "SS is a meme" or "you don't need a strength base" and then complain that their fucking biceps are stalling or that beginner programs don't have enough upper body work

>stretching before lifting
dyel and retarded program also
solid program. 9/10
way too much. basically need to be on gear to see progress on that
that low of frequency is only good for late late advanced lifters. Like on that Monday Bench day, if you're doing less than 320 for reps, there are better programs to run
absolutely retarded volume. you're probably way too weak to get any benefit out of all that. even guys on gear do less volume than that.
why lat pulldowns on the same day as chin ups? way better option would be some horizontal row variation.
as a beginner this program would be terrible

/I_have_fucked_up_knees/ edition

Push
>Bench 5x5
>Shoulder Press 4x failure
>Chest Flys 3x Failure
>Neutral grip Incline DB press 3x Failure
>Bodyweight dips 3x failure

Pull
>Weighted Pullups 2x Failure
>Weighted neutral grip pullups 2x Failure
>T-Bar rows 4x failure
>Shrugs 5x10
>Facepulls 4x failure
>Rear delt flies 3x failure

Leg
>Weighted back extensions 4x15
>Barbell Bridges 4x20
>Calf raises 4x failure
>Resistance cycling 25 minutes

Abs
>Leg raises 4x failure
>standing oblique crunches 3x15 each side
>Resistance cycling 25 minutes

if i wanted a YLYL thread i would've started one christ guys thanks

I have know countless people like this in real life. I think part of the problem was what mark named it. People think they've been lifting for years so they don't need a "starting" program. Part is also just buying into the high volume meme. Don't get me wrong volume is great once you get that base, but I fucked around in the gum for years not realky getting that great of results. When i did starting strength for the first time i started actually growing muscle. Now my lifts are advanced and people who used to know me ask for my advice. I tell them SS. My biggest regret is not doing SS earlier. And yeah, now that my lifts are "advanced" for my weight, I'll do high volume programs. But i needed to nuild that base first.

I don't think that's it. People just want a shortcut to 6 pack abs 20 inch bis when there's actually none.
SS means you have to spend at the very least 6 months learning how to do basic barbell movements and building your strength. Then you'll need a bunch more months doing volume to look like you lift and this is assuming you're lean and you don't need to cut.
Most people aren't in it for the long haul, that's really the main issue.

I'm doing
3x5 goblet squats
10x10 kettlebell swings
5x2 turkish get ups.
And that's it, while learning kettlebell clean and press. I just wanna lose wait and stay active, that's all.

SS+GOMAD

Apartment gym has no barbells so it's all DB. Critique pls I need to get out of skinnyfat. I also spend pretty much every day cycling 3+ miles and walking 1-2 miles.

Usually AxBxAxC, A/B alternate

A:
Incline db press 3x10
DB flies 3x10 mixed with push ups
DB kickbacks 3x10+
Dips
Overhead extensions

B:
Chin ups 40+ total (sometimes weighted)
OHP (seated)
DB rows
Lat raises
Heavy curls 3x6-10
Light curls 2x10+

C:
Leg press 3x10+
DB lunges 3x10
Calf raises 2x15

post your lard bodies.
doing literally 15 reps three days a week will drive me fucking insane.

why is everyone benching 5x5?

ive been doing 4x10

5x5 on strength days
4x10 on volume days

You completely missed the point of what those guys were saying

The ironic thing is that SS or other programs like it ARE the shortcuts. Brosplits or other pump programs take years to see results from, and even then theyre horrid.
if you're not getting stronger, you're not getting bigger

I've just begun SS with the intention of doing it for 3-6 months in order to build a solid foundation that I could work with as you've said before switching to a PPL routine for aesthetics. Am I retarded for doing this?

On a side note, it rattles me there's /b/-tier le ebin trole bullshit in Veeky Forums. I get that it's Veeky Forums, but fuck it's confusing when you're directed to read the sticky and all you see shitposters bashing all of the beginner routines there.

yeah it's dumb as shit man

just go to the gym and hammer your muscles, you dont need a routine. what do you wanna do today?

arms? back? legs?

pick something and do it

there are three things that matter for getting muscular

>intensity of workout

Sweat, grunt, scream, be in pain, dont be doing 3x5 like a lazy nerd

>hormone levels

be a man, act like one, your body will produce test in high levels so you can get bigger

>food

good food is good

PS: no one that recomends SS can post their body, ever! very telling

u look good, forearms NEED SERIOUS work

very dispropinate, goes beyond lagging

What's a good program for a beginner? Other than SS that is

Greyskull LP
Stronglifts 5x5
Alpha Destiny novice program

Not retarded at all. Only bad decision is switching to PPL. Full body is superior

he doesn’t need to do fucking SS, you realize everyone who swears by it has two common traits: >13% BF; horribly underdeveloped back and abs, tiny arms

>Sweat, grunt, scream, be in pain, dont be doing 3x5 like a lazy nerd

Lifting weights isn't some fucking gladiator battle you collasal faggot. So you go to the gym to be in pain and scream like an asshole? Cool. I go to the gym to gain strength and muscle.
Fucking around doing whatever you want only takes you so far. You need to follow a structured program and lift properly to see continual gains

Very helpful. Thank you.

>gains
>muscle

then just walk up next to the mirror and show them to me and Ill shut up

> So you go to the gym to be in pain and scream like an asshole?

I cant go to the gym and be lazy, or I would like liek yu do

Id rather be a MAN

Anyone ever run Westside for Skinny Bastards?

Also Fug does anyone have the meme of the shittily drawn excited kid with his fists raised in front of him? For the love of Christ I've seen it a million times but never saved it and apparently can't figure out what it's called to find it with google.

SS isn't a goddamn aesthetics program, but rows, chins, and curls in it too. You'd know this if you read the book.
focusing on taking your deadlift to 4pl8s, your rows to 1.5-2pl8, your weighted chin to 2pl8s is a hell of a lot more effective than some lat pull downs and cable row work for your back day on your garbage bro split

>do this for your back
>no pic of my back

I hate you

r8 my routine - ULULULx

I created it to increase my OHP, Bench, Squat, and Deadlift. I'm focusing mostly on my Bench though, and I am not doing a lot of Squatting and Deadlifting for the moment, cause I get crazy lower back pumps atm, so I've stuck with just the 1x5 at the start of each lower body. Also only do a little back and biceps since I'm focusing mainly on strength, and bodybuilding as a side.

Upper days 1 + 3

Bench Press 4x8
OHP 4x12
Incline Bench 4x12
CGBP 4x12
Lateral Raise 5x15 (ss)
Cable Triceps Pushdown 5x12 (ss)

Upper day 2
OHP 4x8
Bench Press 4x12
Upright Row 4x12
Incline Bench 4x12
Lateral Raise 5x15 (ss)
Cable Tricep Pushdown 5x12(ss)

Lower day 1+3

Squat 1x5
Leg Press 4x8
Leg Extensions 5x12 (ss)
Seated Leg Curls 5x12 (ss)
Calf Raise on Leg Press 5x15
Lat Pulldown 5x12 (ss)
Seated DB Curl 5x12 (ss)

Lower day 2

Deadlift 1x5
Leg Press 4x8
Leg Extensions 4x12 (ss)
Seated Leg Curl 5x12 (ss)
Seated Calf Raise 5x15
Cable Seated Row 5x12 (ss)
Barbell Curl 5x12(ss)

I've been learning as much as I can recently about periodization, and what I currently plan to do, it up the weight for the compound lifts each workout, and drop the reps, so for example, with Bench Press, I'll do say, 100kg for 4x8, then next workout, 102.5kg for 4x7, then 105kg for 3x6 then 1xAMRAP, then a lighter day where I do 100kg for 4x5, then up the weight, depending on how many reps I got in my AMRAP, and calculate where I should start from my estimated 1rm, and repeat, so I'll be going on a bi weekly progression scheme with this. With the OHP, as it's my starting lift only once a week, will end up being a 4-weekly progression scheme, but considering how little you can progress with it, I feel it's better that way. Regarding Squat and Deadlift, I will simply up the weight by 1.25kg every week, and up the weight by 2.5kg every week, respectively.

I'll be adjusting how much I can progress as I get properly into the routine, as I am not starting it until next week monday.

copy-pasting 'cause the QTDDTOT thread is auto-saging

i'm a dumb lardass, never lifted in my life
i don't want to gain weight; i'd like to cut while lifting, but i don't know how that fits in with all these beginner routines i see touted. i'll invariably progress much more slowly than they seem to assume, right? because i'd be cutting where they all seem to assume i'd be bulking

is something like phrak's greyskull or starting strength really the best way to start out? i understand that everyone loves to dicksuck so-called compound lifts, but i honestly don't believe for a second that such a minimal repertoire of movements is enough for all-around physical development

nSuns

5x10 is retarded. Do 3 sets instead.

I bench twice a day 5 days a week.

Also don't train legs

why

>no deadlifts
>db incline
trash, just do BB
>4x8
trash. Do 3x5 bench, then 3x5 OHP. Use Incline BB as more of an assistance and do like 3x10 like you're doing, but use a BB instead of DB
>5x8s on BB rows (not doing heavy BB rows from the floor)
>chest supported rows
wtf is that?

Leg day is light as fuck. Throw in some front squats after your squats or something, maybe weighted lunges

Cause i want big arms big bench and dont give a fuck about legs.

I want to hit 2 pl8 bench for reps by years end.

man I'm the same fucking way. Took years to figure out wtf I was doing in the gym because I started out doing like 5 day splits and shit like that. My lifts are good now and I don't really need SS at this point but if I'd started with it I'd be far more advanced at this point.

Post body for keks

How about this? Go to a fucking real gym

>He fell for the SS meme

if I lift 140 pounds on 5x5, how much should I lift on 4x10?

>I created it to increase my OHP, Bench, Squat, and Deadlift.

good luck with your recovery

Candito and Norton bastard program

Mon - Lower
>Squat- Candito 6 Week program
>Snatch
>Deadlift or alternative - Candito 6 week Program
>Whatever accessory I need for the cycle to improve squat

Tue - Upper
>Dumbell for offseason / barbell for meet prep - Candito 6 week program
>Barbell row same-ish as bench
>OHP same as bench reps/sets
>Pullup same as bench reps/sets

Wed - Rest

Thu - Lower
>Squat C6W
>C&J
>Deadlift C6W
>Accessory for Deadlift/olympic lifts

Fri- Chest and Arms
>Bench C6W
>Incline 3x12
>Hammer/pin press 4x15
>Fly 2x20
>Bicep/Tricep bar
>Bicep/tricep Cable
>Bicep/tricep individual arms

Sat- Back and Shoulders
>Barbell row same as bench
>Pullups 3x12
>Dumbell row 4x15
>Facepulls or straight arm pulldowns 2x20
>Snatch high pulls for 5 or less reps 3 sets
>Lateral raises

Sun- Rest

Starting strenght or Stronglifts? Ive been doing the meme adaptive training for 2 months now and increasing weights steadily.

AxBxAxx/BxAxBxx

A

Squats/Front Squats (alternate) 3x6
OHP 3x6
Push-ups 3xf

B

Deadlifts 3x6
Pendlay rows 3x6
Barbell curls 3x8

I have a squat rack but no bench, and I fucking hate pendlay rows. What could I change? I feel like I’m not getting enough chest work just with OHP and pushups. I have no means to do dips. Mainly going for aesthetics.

Like I said, normally, I can handle the volume and recover, as I've ran both Arnolds Basic Mass Routine, and Serge Nubret's Pump Training, with no problem recovering. Considering this is a routine to increase strength, then muscle mass, I will most likely have to lower total volume. But until then, I'll see how I fare.

What’s the problem with this exactly?

Is it a good time to consider switching to another routine when i hit 1/2/3/4 for 5x5?

And what would I switch to? One of the intermediate programs in the sticky or is something else considered better now, maintaining strength and aesthetics wise?

Swap when you stall (or get bored but try to stick until stalling)

I hate texas method because the squat volume day took a lot of time

Candito 6w for strength
Norton or bro split for hypertrophy

Pick whatever you'll feel is fun

Yes I am the same faggot as but I've had good strength gains

I'd like to know this as well because I have something similar. Also not a powerlifter.
Monday / Wednesday / Friday
Lower / Upper
Max rep limit: 10

Lower (Squat / Deadlift)

Squat or Trap-bar Deadlift 2x5 1xMax
Quad-dominant movement (front squat, lunge, split squat, leg press) 3-5x8-12
Hip-dominant movement (deadlift variations, pull-through, good morning, leg curl) 3-5x8-12
TRX fallout or Abwheel rollout 3-5x10-15
Pallof press 3-5x10-15

Upper (Bench / Overhead press)

Bench or Overhead press 2x5 1xMax
Dumbbell incline bench 3-5x8-12
Vertical pull (chin up, pull up, lat pulldown, pullover) 3-5x8-12
Horizontal pull (cable row, t-bar row, dumbbell row, etc) 3-5x8-12
Face pull 3-5x10-15
Band pull-apart 1x100

anyone here doing strength training + boxing/mma? whats your routine like?

whats wrong with db incline?