Why are you not eating buckwheat?

Why haven't you replaced your brown rice with buckwheat, the real super carb?

Nutrition facts, 1 cup (170 grams):
>17g fiber
>23g protein
>400mg Mangesium, over 100% RDA
>5mg zinc
>100% RDA copper
>tastes delish

> counting incomplete protein

BECAUSE I CAN FUCKING FIND IT ARE YOU HAPPY NOW

it's not like it gets digested and turn into amino acids that mix with other proteins you eat and form complete protein during your whole day/week? oh wait it is. fucktard

All grains are peasant gristle and/or livestock feed
If you like or consume grains, you are in one of the above categories.

so are beans and onion. and guess what, they're max-test. gtfo

No, beans and onion are okay for humans to eat regularly, unlike grains. Other than that you are correct.

Just look at the mineral content. Also contains all 8 essential amino acids

The protein is hard to consume due to anti-nutrients like tannin.

> having to eat extra food just to make the food you ate complete

WOW that’s efficient

Buckwheat is not a grain you mongoloid

>While many people think that buckwheat is a cereal grain, it is actually a fruit seed that is related to rhubarb and sorrel. Buckwheat is sold either unroasted or roasted, the latter oftentimes called �kasha,� from which a traditional European dish is made. Unroasted buckwheat has a soft, subtle flavor, while roasted buckwheat has more of an earthy, nutty taste.

>Despite the name, buckwheat is not related to wheat, as it is not a grass. Instead, buckwheat is related to sorrel, knotweed, and rhubarb. Because its seeds are eaten and rich in complex carbohydrates, it is referred to as a pseudocereal.

Interesting, I had mistaken it for a grain. I will give it a try now that I know it is fit for human consumption. How is the cost in comparison to a can of oats with the same calories?

>buckwheat protein
>incomplete
which amino acid is missing again?

No idea since I live in Europe. 1kg/2.2lb bag of roasted buckwheat is 1.40€ here

What's that veggie mix? frozen veggies?

oats ARE grains you retard

>t. failed freshman biology
Yeah, that's not how that works.
Every protein you eat is broken down to it's amino acid building blocks (which are all identical, except for their radical group (not to mention that these radical groups can also be swapped out and one amino acid turned into another). These amino acids are distributed to cells where they are used in the building of proteins in ribosomes. How the protein/amino acids go into the body literally doesn't matter a bit when you think for even a second about how they're being utilized. They will always be broken into amino acids (ribosomes and tRNA don't know what the fuck to do with anything bigger than a single amino acid molecule) and reconstructed into necessary proteins from there.

that really activates my almonds

>Buckwheat
52 net carbs per 1/2 cup? no thanks.

fucking americans are literally this stupid.
>muh complete protein
>muh cheezeburgars
>veggies grains legumes and anything but meat sucks!!!!
goddamn fatcucks

complex carbs are great, fatty.

He's a dumbfuck, but don't label all Americans as such. A lot of us have taken basic biology courses.

If you're bulking.

Yes. Interestlingly good veggies such as spinach etc is pretty expensive here so I just buy some frozen stir fry mix, frozen spinach and frozen veggie mix and steam in a pan.

Every time I hear someone talking about "super" anything regarding food or diets, I stop listening.
There is no super food. There are no shortcuts. There is only moderation and dedication.

what is the consistency? is it like rice?

complex carbs are god tier for cutting and bulking. great source of energy. cutting is done better with intermittent fasting and HIIT, and a slight calorie deficit. you can still be explosive and strong with complex carbs.

how do you prepare them?

Ofcourse if you wanna be full, eat vegetables. but hey, they are also complex carbs

because i'm eating mack donals. buckwheat looks good though. also:

>broccoli
>chicken
>carrots
yuck.

A bit like bulgur I'd say. The taste is pretty rough though, probably due to all the minerals. Works best when used in stews with fatty pork or beef.

Kind of, but more solid, so to say. Depends a lot on how it is prepared.

Not sure if this way of preparation is some family secret of mine or common, but:
A tablespoon of oil (butter is best) on a hot pan. Put the buckwheat in the pan, roast 5-8 minutes. Add some water to pan to boil it (you can always add more water). The longer you boil it the softer kt becomes. I prefer buckwheat more solid.

frozen vegies taste like shit
>frozen
>heated on a pan
and all nutritional value was lost

Anyone who shits on eating carbs is a weakfag until proven otherwise. Lifting really sucks without them, nowadays I'm eating 100g of oats twice day whether I'm cutting or bulking.

recipeee???

I've found adding some vegetable stock is pretty good too. Gives some flavour and salt. Agreed on the texture.

Chicken breast cut to pieces, cooked. Add frozen veggies and about half a glass of water, steam. Done.

Buckwheat i prepare a shitload at the time and store it in the fridge. Preparation method I wrote before.

Forgot to add that the point of roasting is that it keeps the grains firm and improves the taste. I love the taste of buckwheat and rate it a solid 7/10 when prepared this way. Sometimes I eat a full plate full of just buckwheat with some greek yoghurt.

agree. when cutting i just stay away from sugary crab and un-complex carbs and junkfood. also IF and workouts fasted helps a ton.
start your cut early and you can lift at maintenance while adding HIIT and life's good.

Yeah. Last year I tried just eating less rice with more veggies but that didn't work out that well, so I upped my oats and legumes to about 75% of my carb intake, which made everything so much more enjoyable. I got used to adding a bit of sugar to my oatmeal last fall though, thinking about replacing that with stevia and see how it goes. 200g of oats is great in terms of fiber intake and how my body responds to complex carbs, but eating it plain can become a bit of a chore.

OP here, I almost never eat oatmeal nowadays, I just chug this ground oats powder with water. Extremely cheap also, I usually order about 3x5kg bags of it.

Idk how anyone could stomach this shit
I tried it but it tastes like something you'd find at the back of home depot

Anyone know a good way to cook it?

What site is that

Nvm file name

Implying I don't eat both

add good-quality cinnamon and fresh berries. takes care of the sweetness. and raspberrys are like 3g netcarbs pr 100g. godly

simply cock it with water (somthing around 1 cup buckwheat 2 cups water) until it soacked evrything of it. Then it pure or with a littel bit milk and a small piece of butter for the original babushka taste :3

>muh complete and incomplete protein

Ancient meme that has been proven false multiple times.

Proportions are not correct.

I'm not a slav. Where do you buy buckwheat in the States?

In you're mums vagina

you can go to a good upscale grocery store and find American brands like this in them

try natural food stores too usually anywhere they carry the more hipster brand things

FUCK why can't I enjoy healthy food

But what about buckwheat in roasted, whole form like thread pic?

Porridge buckwheat is disgusting imo

I use a lot of cinnamon on my oats, never tried it with berries as that sounds a bit nasty. Maybe I'll give it a try.

Amazon

polish or russian deli. get some of that ukrainian black bread and some salo as well.

Which are the correct ones? Please tell us.
>inb4 meat
post screenshot and explain why it's better exactly