/fast/ #104 - Do You Want To Live Forever Edition

/fast/ #101 - We Can Live Forever Edition

>What is /fast/?
Fast is a thread for the discussion of intermittent fasting, fasting, water fasting, and dry fasting.

>WATCH THIS BEFORE ASKING STUPID QUESTIONS
youtube.com/watch?v=APZCfmgzoS0

>WHY SHOULD I FAST?
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3946160/

>Weight loss
>Better skin
>Autophagy

>WHAT IS AUTOPHAGY?
It's when your body takes apart useless, shitty cells. (Cancer cells, cells with broken protein, acne, loose skin, etc)
idmprogram.com/fasting-and-autophagy-mtor-autophagy-1/

>FASTING FUCKS TUMOR GROWTH
youtube.com/watch?v=LGafhm1cuSI

>HOW DO I SAFELY FAST?
>take around 4700 mg of potassium per day max
>2000 up to 3000 mg of sodium per day max
>MIX THIS INTO AT LEAST A LITER OF WATER, sip it through the day. This will keep you hydrated.

>HERES WHY YOU ARENT ACTUALLY HUNGRY IF YOU HAVE MORE THAN 8% BODYFAT
youtube.com/watch?v=dFT2IKmwyfg

>WHAT SHOULD MY FASTING ROUTINE LOOK LIKE?
If you're lean, 5:2!-- OMAD (one meal a day, 1-2 hour eating window) 5 days a week + 48 hour fast a week
If you're a fatass, FAST UNTIL YOU AREN'T.

>WONT I GO INTO STARVATION MODE AND DIE?!
You don't have the willpower to fast to death. Now look down. See that large bulbous gut? That's food. Thousands and thousands of calories stored and ready to be consumed by your body.

>WONT I LOSE MUSCLE?
This is the coolest part about fasting. Your body remains very anabolic when you fast.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5064803/
"Our results suggest that a fasting program in conjunction with resistance training can decrease fat mass, and maintain muscle mass in resistance-trained males."

>Sugar is more addictive than coke
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23719144

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5064803/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I am dry fasting.
Are headaches normal?
It's the throbbing kind

As I've mentioned in previous threads, headaches are usually signs of lack of water.

Given that you are on a dry fast, this is not surprising, generally people looking to dry fast drink a goodly amount (1.5 litres being recommended minimum) before they begin the dry fast to tide them over.

I suggest you break your dry fast, load up on water and give it a go another day when you are more prepared.

we're all gonna live forever brahs

>WONT I LOSE MUSCLE?
>This is the coolest part about fasting. Your >body remains very anabolic when you fast.

>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5064803/
>"Our results suggest that a fasting program in >conjunction with resistance training can >decrease fat mass, and maintain muscle >mass in resistance-trained males."

This article is talking about intermittent fasting, not 5 days + fasts.

I'm starting to believe this diet is a meme. Should I stop fasting?

I believe in the weight lost. The longer i've gone now is 4 days, with multiple 3 and 2 days since the beginning of the year and lost 10 pound overall.

I am more worried about the safe side of it. I shat literal plasma on the fourth day and the only source isn't even about prolonged fasting.

>I'm starting to believe this diet is a meme. Should I stop fasting?

You're free to believe what you like, but I've been in pretty much permanent fasting mode for about 2-months and in that time I've lost a lot of weight.

No other reason for me to have lost such a huge amount of weight in that time.

Height: 173cm / 5"8'
Weight at start: 116kg / 256 lbs / BMI 36 "Obese Class II (Moderate-Risk obesity)"
Current weight: 95.3kg / 210.1 lbs / BMI 32 "Obese Class I (Low-Risk obesity)"
Weight Lost: 20.7kg / 45.6lbs / 17.8% Body Weight
Weight Target: 68KG / 149lbs / BMI 22 "Healthy" / Projected to hit around 18th April 2018
Stretch Target: 60KG / 132lbs / BMI 20 "Healthy" / Projected to hit around 13th May 2018
TDEE: 2,145
Calorific deficit: -1,999 per day / -13,993 per week
Fasting Regime: OMAW+165hr fasting each week
OMAW: 1,022 Calories (4 Lamb chops with gravy and ratatouille)
Current rate of loss: 3.2KG / 7.1lbs per week

I take a range of multivitamin supplements which some view that (for example) the Cod Liver Oil "Breaks the Fast", but I test my ketone level every day and have been in permanent ketosis since I started my full-on OMAW+165hr fasting regime at the end of December (previously I was working up to this), so I think they are wrong or at least wrong with how my body deals with it.

I hydrate well, I take snake juice daily for any fast that goes beyond 3 days and I drink at least 1.5litres of water each day in addition to the 1litre of snake juice I drink and the collection of multivitamins and supplements I take.

I've literally never had a problem since day 1 and feel better than I have done in years.

Snake Juice recipe:
===================
1 litre of water
1 teaspoon of "NoSalt" (mix of salt and potassium)
1 teaspoon of pink salt
1 teaspoon of cayenne

Take separately in single shot Daily mixed with water:
======================================================
2 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar (half a shot glass full then diluted with water)
2 tablespoon of lemon juice / the juice of half a lemon (half a shot glass full then diluted with water)

Vitamins and Supplements:
=========================
Glucosamine Sulphate 500mg & Vitamin C 12mg tablet
2 x Cod Liver Oil 550mg tablet
Vitamin B Complex tablet
4 x 120 Multi-vitamins + iron tablets
Calcium + Magnesium tablet

Your body will need to break down a small amount of protein in order to create some glucose. However, fasting is simply the most efficient way to burn excess body fat.

Anyone here trying 19/5, 20/4?

Also after a massive pastabake OMAD yesterday, that evening I went for a massive run for the first time in years. I dont think this is a meme.

Get it together /fast/

if I water fast without any potassium or sodium or any kind of multivitamins, is that only mildly not ideal or potentially harmful? Also will autophagy be noticeable on a water fast of about 2 weeks?

Alright, I'm gonna start to work up to 5:2 by first doing 6:1, just wanted to first ask some questions before I potentially fuck myself over.

Should I do the snake juice recipe? I drink at least 4 liters (around a gallon) of water per day, so I don't think I'll be dehydrated, but if my body does need the salt/potassium, I guess I'll do it. Also, I've been doing OMAD for the past two weeks (with a cheat day on Saturday) and it's been super easy for me, so will I have no trouble with 6:1, and eventually 5:2?

My mom also wants to get in on IF, and from her research, she's told me that herbal teas and lemon water are a no-go since they can spike your insulin. Is she talking the truth? I always like to have a bit of lemon water in the morning, and some herbal tea in the afternoon when I get sick and tired of water. Occasionally I take that Ener-C powder just to keep from getting sick. Keep in mind, I'm not looking to lose a shit-ton of weight, I just want to get down to around 147-148lbs and comfortably maintain that (was 149lbs this morning, definitely gained a bit more since today was my cheat day).

Love IF btw. I've honestly never been this energetic in my life, I can sort of compare it to being a kid again, when you could just run around all day and not get tired at all. I'm also rarely sore after working out now, and even if I am, I am fully recovered the next day. The productivity and focus is a nice bonus as well.

>tfw finally getting more full with less food on the plate

this is so important to me. the trick is to chew your food thoroughly because the stomach takes like 10mins to register to the brain that you're full

If you are only eating one meal a day then you shouldn't be able to eat too much in one setting. Are you having trouble eating less than 3000 calories?

This. It's also probably from eating wholesome meals as well, and not eating the refined carbs and shit, but I just feel way more satisfied with every meal I have. No more binging for me.

I'm 24 hrs into a fast.

What would be the consequence if I consume a zero carb, 5 calorie vitamin water?

I basically do OMAD, that is 90% of my daily caloric intake comes from my late lunch. I do the 18/6 IF cycle and right before the end of the 6 hour window, i usually have a very small snack and chug water to keep myself from being hungry later on. Heck, i don't even get hunger pains that much anymore really, and when I do I endure them with ease.

I eat probably ~1600 kcal per day. Sometimes my eyes and impulses wants more, but I'm actually generally good when I have less. Remember what Maximus said, lean and hungry

good question, no fucking clue

you should be okay though

FAKE

REAL

What's up guys

Getting sickening shredded over here

How is everyone tonight

dont do it faggot. Stick with water

I've been on keto for two weeks and just broke a 3 day fast because I started to get dizzy and felt badly dehydrated despite drinking lots of water and taking sodium and magnesium. How to do better next time?

bump

Kys