If all these routines like SS have squats 3x a week and cause people to go t-rex mode...

If all these routines like SS have squats 3x a week and cause people to go t-rex mode, why can't you just do all the compounds 3x a week to even everything out?

factss

you can do it on bench fine, I've done a few months of 5x a week bench before, but doing 3x squats and deadlifts is brutal and most people probably wont be able to recover from that much volume, or have the will power to get through all that work.

The program is built around maximizing numbers in a handful of movements, not making you physically even all over.

To make a fully balanced true fullbody routine you would have to sacrifice the speed of development.

Meaning no 5lb increments every week lighter weight higher reps and sets.

>why can't you just do all the compounds 3x a week to even everything out?
Too much muscle and CNS strain. You will injure yourself quickly.

The correct thing to do is cut out a session of squats

Because Mark has a fetish for big ass so he forces you to squat 3 times a week.

that's pretty much what SS is, except instead of doing the same press/pull every time you alternate with another press/pull. this makes a lot of sense because bench and press has a significant overlap, and progress in one drives progress in the other. same with deadlift and power cleans. you could put in front squats or high bar squats and alternate the squats as well, but there's not much point besides "fixing" what you mistakenly believe is an imbalance in the routine

>Doing anything other than Squats 3x a week
Have you done your prayers today, son?

Mark is aethiest. Was surprising when i found it out.

*salutes*

When you just start SS you do bench and deadlift every workout. Then when bench becomes too hard to do every workout you add OHP to the mix. When deadlift becomes too heavy to do every workout you add power cleans. When cleans get too heavy you add chinups. When squats get too heavy you add front squats or light squats. You'd know that if you read the fucking book.

I tried to do bench/squat/diddly/ohp 2x a week, 6-7 is gym a week total, after the third week I felt exhausted as fuck and couldn't lift for 3-4 days.

>why can't you just do all the compounds 3x a week to even everything out
Well that is actually pretty much what you do on SS.

In the beginning, it's squat, bench press/overhead press, deadlift, 3 times a week. Power cleans only get introduced later when deadlifts have really taken off and become harder to recover from.
You alternate bench presses with overhead presses basically because both are awesome and it sucks to have to choose one over the other, and doing both every session would be excessive. But it's still a high frequency of a compound pressing exercise.

On a related note, t-rex mode is mostly a myth perpetuated by people who think that proportionally developed legs are overdeveloped.
Anyway, if you're concerned about this, nothing keeps you from adjusting the exercise selection. As long as you respect the underlying principles and don't turn everything completely upside down it'll still work. Of course you can't call it SS anymore then, but what does that matter.

THICC

You spend the first few weeks of SS just benching IIRC.

Most of the people who do SS were fat asses.
And as we all know former fat asses who were even slightly active get tank as fuck quads and calves with only the slightest bit of work.
And most of the lifts in SS directly attack the legs and the upper body is almost completely neglected.
So....1+1 = 2.

>Then when bench becomes too hard to do every workout you add OHP to the mix
>You'd know that if you read the fucking book.
You didn't read the book. Also if you know anything about SS and Mark, you'll know he prefers OHP over Bench if you have to pick only one.

Mark is the besssttt

No. Not according to the 3rd edition book at least. But I suppose it'd work no problem.

Like this?

No he's not, he's fat faggot who gives shit meme advice that turn people into literal t-rex mode.

He's always 100% transparent about what he aims to do. His program isn't called Starting Instagram.
If you don't like what he's selling, be on your way. That doesn't make him a faggot. If anything, it makes you one.

not a funny meme. how to fix?

So apparently you're really good at squats. That's hardly ever a disadvantage.
If you feel like you want to prioritize something else for a little while, just do so. I literally do not see a problem.

>bench and ohp overlap

i bench 85kg for 7 reps and struggle to ohp 45 kg for 5

Works fine for me.

>Bw: 275

You're too fat to be deadlift dominant. Just bench more.

Why the fuck does every shitty SS ripoff replace power cleans with fucking rows when you can JUST DO BOTH
>muh overtraining
you can't fucking overtrain with rows they're a bitch exercise that you do to even out benching

Why are people scared of doing squats and deadlifts in the same workout

Why do people think they're special snowflakes that need some shitty GreySkull bastardization of SS who the fuck is Grayskull how much does he lift fuck

How can you people fail at getting to 1234 on SS or any other program when it's literally "go to gym do a movement 2-3 times a week 3x5 and try to add weight every workout". Why do you insist on doing shit reddit versions of SS instead of either SS or some other decent noob program.

>oh no I don't want big legs haha
>oh no I can't bench press after I finish my 3x5 100kg squats

bitch please people do bench after 3x5 180kg squats and they know how to leg drive on bench unlike you and you don't even know how big legs look

fuck look at any powerfatter that is in a decent weightclass do they have xbox huge legs?

>oh no ss makes you fat
then don't fucking eat control your kcals and move bench first and do some accessories like those described in SS book orsomeshit fuck

is "trex mode" slang for someone who doesn't have chicken legs?

>leg drive on BENCH
>SS t rex fags will defend this